Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1157283 times)

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
Re: Daniel Andre Sturridge
« Reply #7760 on: May 8, 2014, 07:34:34 pm »
Was it going on target? Can't remember now. I always thought if it's going on target it goes to the player.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7761 on: May 8, 2014, 10:31:17 pm »

Crazy, especially considering the goal Suarez got given vs West Ham.
And sterlings second against Norwich. Which was a weak left footed shot which probably would have got saved lol but got given as a Sterling goal. most likely given due to Raheems run.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7762 on: May 11, 2014, 05:13:41 pm »
Has had a great season 24 goals and 21 in the league.  Keep him fit and he'll score 30 in my opinion.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7763 on: May 11, 2014, 05:15:44 pm »
Top season from the lad. Same again next year please.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7764 on: May 11, 2014, 05:16:45 pm »
He had a cracker of a season. I just hope he comes back from Brazil in one piece.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #7765 on: May 11, 2014, 05:20:05 pm »
Anyone just see his interview? Seems absolutely gutted, good to see he's not happy with second best. Has the winning mentality.

Offline sparrowred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7766 on: May 11, 2014, 05:22:04 pm »
He just apologized for not winning the league for us. Apologized.

Absolutely immense this season.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7767 on: May 11, 2014, 05:27:37 pm »
Class player and man oh but he's sooooooo selfish bunch of dickhead's.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7768 on: May 11, 2014, 05:28:35 pm »
Humongous D is only gonna get better.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7769 on: May 11, 2014, 05:31:14 pm »
He had a cracker of a season. I just hope he comes back from Brazil in one piece.
:-\

I didn't even think of that.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #7770 on: May 12, 2014, 08:07:56 pm »
Daniel Sturridge has apologised to Liverpool fans for failing to win the Premier League this season but assured them he expects to challenge for the title again.

The Reds had destiny in their own hands until a 2-0 home defeat to Chelsea last month which handed the initiative to Manchester City, who clinched their second title in three years by beating West Ham on Sunday.

However, second place still represents success for Liverpool, having come from seventh last season, as it secured a return to the UEFA Champions League.

Although Sturridge knows it could have been so much better, he also believes this campaign will not be a flash in the pan.

"I know we set the target of reaching the Champions League but I can't stand here and say I'm happy. I am gutted," said the England striker.

"I know we've gone from seventh to second but I am never happy coming second no matter what I'm playing, whether it's table tennis, cricket or whatever, I don't like losing.

"We're all hungry for success and the fans deserve success. They've given us great support from the first minute to the last and I apologise to them for not winning the Premier League.

"I'll do everything in my power, just like my team-mates will, to try to ensure we do that for them next season. I believe we can.

"People can make excuses about how we had an advantage because we weren't in Europe this season but I know we will be contenders again next season.

"We will take the positives from this season and learn from the negatives. This experience will stand us in good stead for next season. I believe we will challenge.

"Next season will be a big year for us and we're looking forward to that already."

After 21 goals this season it was no surprise to see Sturridge selected in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad and the 24-year-old hopes to be able to take his good form to Brazil.

"It's a very big summer ahead," he said. "I'm really looking forward to going to Brazil and trying to do well. I'm hungry to do well. I want to bring England some success."

------------

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9308935/premier-league-daniel-sturridge-apologises-to-liverpool-fans-for-failing-to-win-title
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #7771 on: May 12, 2014, 08:18:42 pm »

Fingers crossed he gets through the 3 games England will play.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7772 on: May 12, 2014, 09:43:51 pm »
Sell him! He is useless. Was telling Chelsea he'd score 20 goals if played upfront. Yeah, right...

Oh, wait...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7773 on: May 12, 2014, 09:47:44 pm »
Fingers crossed he gets through the 3 games England will play.
You assume Hodgson won't start with Wellbeck....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #7774 on: May 12, 2014, 09:48:25 pm »
superb ,so much more to his game than what I thought, and I always rated the lad he caught my eye at Bolton.
Good character too apparently, made up he has found a home here with us. It's a good fit  (met his uncle Dean many years ago (1998) he was a top bloke too.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #7775 on: May 12, 2014, 10:12:37 pm »
Think he will have a poor World Cup hasn't looked fit for a good few weeks
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #7776 on: May 12, 2014, 10:16:57 pm »
Was great yesterday signing autographs for the kids in the paddock

Contrast with Jose Enrique who walks past them all pre-match
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7777 on: May 12, 2014, 10:34:22 pm »
I'm more concerned about the state in which he and the others come back from the WC. Never mind injuries, we have a thin squad as it stands and players will come back tired at a time when we'll play in two competitions from the off.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #7778 on: May 12, 2014, 10:35:50 pm »
I'm more concerned about the state in which he and the others come back from the WC. Never mind injuries, we have a thin squad as it stands and players will come back tired at a time when we'll play in two competitions from the off.

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7779 on: May 13, 2014, 02:34:28 pm »
His goal against West Brom was so good. Heard little about it since he scored it so I thought I'd give it a shout here. Was it even in the options for Liverpool goal of season on the OS? Better than Suarez volley against Norwich I reckon. Though I think Suarez other goal vs Norwich was the best.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:09:10 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7780 on: May 13, 2014, 03:46:52 pm »

If the last England game is anything to go by, Hodgson will stick him on the wing and keep getting him to constantly track back and defend like the fool he is.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7781 on: May 13, 2014, 03:52:23 pm »
His goal against West Brom was so good. Heard little about it since he scored it so I thought I'd give it a shout here. Was it even in the options for goal of our season? Better than Suarez volley against Norwich I reckon. Though I think Suarez other goal vs Norwich was the best.

It made Sky's shortlist I think. That one was won by Wilshere in the end I think but it was in the mix.

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #7782 on: May 14, 2014, 01:33:45 pm »
Rapper JMC has dedicated a "tune" to Daniel Sturridge's dance.

http://rapgenius.com/Jmc-sturridge-dance-lyrics#note-3183224

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7783 on: May 14, 2014, 01:41:32 pm »

He'll to forced to play second fiddle to a distinctly average Rooney. That's why he'll have a poor World Cup.

I just want him to get through without injury so he can actually have a preseason unlike last summer.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7784 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:22 pm »

Offline ELEVENREDMEN

• Main Stander
« Reply #7785 on: May 17, 2014, 06:44:32 pm »
We should have renewed his contract before the World Cup

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7786 on: May 18, 2014, 01:55:38 pm »
Why he's not going to  leave us.  We could do it anytime next season.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7787 on: May 18, 2014, 02:29:43 pm »
He is going to receive a massive jump in wages regardless of what happens over the summer. Its not like he is suddenly going to do something so remarkable that his standing will increase even more....he is already one of the very best.

Some of those records are so impressive. 30 goals in 37 games is prime Thierry Henry statistics.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:31:50 pm by b_joseph »

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7788 on: May 18, 2014, 02:30:43 pm »

Why ?  He has time left and where else is there to go ?

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7789 on: May 18, 2014, 03:30:04 pm »

Let's drop him for French supersub wonder Antoine Greizmann!

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #7790 on: May 19, 2014, 04:05:44 am »
No way he gets dropped, but we do need more depth upfront. Their is nothing coming through the academy upfront and Aspas sucks, another striker is sorely needed
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #7791 on: May 19, 2014, 10:06:07 am »
No way he gets dropped, but we do need more depth upfront. Their is nothing coming through the academy upfront and Aspas sucks, another striker is sorely needed

Borini is back and should get more games next season given the CL campaign and Sturridge's niggling injuries. Aspas should go and Sterling can do a job if needed.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7792 on: May 19, 2014, 10:54:17 am »
Borini is back and should get more games next season given the CL campaign and Sturridge's niggling injuries. Aspas should go and Sterling can do a job if needed.

If we're very unlucky and sturridge + suarez get injured then I'm not sure Borini has the required quality.  I think he's a good striker but Sunderland is about his level.

Ideally we should be looking at a winger who can also play as the leading man.  Both sturridge and Suarez fit this category, one more would give us nice depth for a season in which we hope to challenge on multiple fronts.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7793 on: May 19, 2014, 01:12:57 pm »
If we're very unlucky and sturridge + suarez get injured then I'm not sure Borini has the required quality.  I think he's a good striker but Sunderland is about his level.

Ideally we should be looking at a winger who can also play as the leading man.  Both sturridge and Suarez fit this category, one more would give us nice depth for a season in which we hope to challenge on multiple fronts.

I don't think there's much chance of us getting another striker as good as Suarez and Sturridge. If they are both out, then we'll struggle, the same as any club would in losing their best two strikers. The question isn't whether Borini is on that level, it's whether he's good enough to fill the gap when required. I'd say that he has at least earned the chance to try.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7794 on: May 19, 2014, 02:11:20 pm »
Let's drop him for French supersub wonder Antoine Greizmann!

It is a little bizarre how many SHITTY forum posts are looking at bumping Sturridge down to the bench.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7795 on: May 19, 2014, 05:24:56 pm »
It is a little bizarre how many SHITTY forum posts are looking at bumping Sturridge down to the bench.

Seriously? The guy's the 3rd or 4th best striker in the league.

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #7796 on: May 19, 2014, 05:33:32 pm »
With the World Cup and cl well need more than borini and sterling for sure. I wouldn't be sad to see Benteke or Michu come into the rotation up to, add a little more height for some games
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7797 on: May 19, 2014, 05:47:07 pm »
Seriously? The guy's the 3rd or 4th best striker in the league.

Shiny new players, apparently.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Sally

• Desperately searching for a very, very, very, very, very small toaster! "I'm saying this now, if he (Christian Benteke) scores more than 16 goals for us next season i'm eating my cock." (Duly noted!)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Yellow Submarine
« Reply #7798 on: May 19, 2014, 06:01:27 pm »
Shiny new players, apparently.

Shiny new foreign players with fancy sounding names that make them appear better then they actually are

If a player called Zezinho, Carvalho de Ramalha neves or kaal van hasselhoff played for Accrington or something and i was the manager of lfc then that's all the scouting information i would need to sign him up

Offline pudgethemidget

• Kopite
« Reply #7799 on: May 20, 2014, 08:30:43 pm »
Shiny new foreign players with fancy sounding names that make them appear better then they actually are

If a player called Zezinho, Carvalho de Ramalha neves or kaal van hasselhoff played for Accrington or something and i was the manager of lfc then that's all the scouting information i would need to sign him up

To be fair, Griezmann is a hell of a player and is off the back of a monster season.