Author Topic: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!  (Read 171708 times)

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!
« Reply #4280 on: April 27, 2024, 07:47:15 pm »
Did the ‘expert pundits’ say anything about it after the game?
It is as bad as the offside at spurs for me.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4281 on: April 27, 2024, 08:28:51 pm »
:lmao didn't think it could get worse but of course it could.

What's worse is it happened in a PSG game too April last year,  Mbappe took the ball and scored

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4282 on: April 27, 2024, 08:37:44 pm »
I wouldn't say it's corruption. When Taylor saw the goalkeeper make this mistake he thought only an injured player will do it and he cares about players safety so he instructed the medical team to come in and the player to stop playing and get checked out.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4283 on: April 27, 2024, 08:45:36 pm »
When it happens once or twice, could be deemed incompetence.
But at least 4 blatant calls against us in the one season from refs working for Abu Dhabi, can see why corruption gets bandied about.
They have ruined the game and it needs called out
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4284 on: April 27, 2024, 08:51:37 pm »
I wouldn't say it's corruption. When Taylor saw the goalkeeper make this mistake he thought only an injured player will do it and he cares about players safety so he instructed the medical team to come in and the player to stop playing and get checked out.

His job is to referee the game not act as Areola's carer.

I expect he is at Areola's bedside as we speak waking him every hour to ensure he hasn't got a concussion from the slight impact to his leg.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4285 on: April 27, 2024, 09:06:15 pm »
When it happens once or twice, could be deemed incompetence.
But at least 4 blatant calls against us in the one season from refs working for Abu Dhabi, can see why corruption gets bandied about.
They have ruined the game and it needs called out

We’re a soft club, the only people with any backbone and spirit is Klopp and the fans.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4286 on: April 27, 2024, 09:14:32 pm »
We’re a soft club, the only people with any backbone and spirit is Klopp and the fans.

This summed it up for me.

We allowed an employee to be assaulted by an official.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4287 on: April 27, 2024, 09:17:59 pm »
I really do think that’s me done now you know. Decades of being a football fan, through the good times and the bad. The sportswashers started the rot but I think the officials have now sealed it. I just can’t keep on investing so much time and so much emotion into this game and having the officials do stuff like this. I’ll watch the rest of the season as it’s Klopp’s farewell but I’ll be doing other things next season unless there are massive changes in the game.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4288 on: April 27, 2024, 09:21:55 pm »

had completely forgotten about that? was that last season?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4289 on: April 27, 2024, 09:38:17 pm »
had completely forgotten about that? was that last season?

Yeah April 2023.

That for me basically gave them the green light to walk all over us.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4290 on: April 27, 2024, 09:42:40 pm »

That was one of the most absurd things I’ve seen in my time watching football, you’re right though because did we even write a statement? The players barely mentioned it also.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4291 on: April 27, 2024, 09:55:45 pm »
That was one of the most absurd things I’ve seen in my time watching football, you’re right though because did we even write a statement? The players barely mentioned it also.

I am at the stage now at which I think the most rational explanation is the PGMOL are trolling us. They all put 20% of their wages into a sweep and whoever gets away with the most outrageous decision every season gets to take the pot.

The best bit though is the total absence of the 'you are just imagining it brigade'.

A linesman elbowing a player, A VAR accidentally ruling out a goal, A kung fu kick going unpunished in a potential title decider, Odegaard playing basketball and now Taylor calling for the physios and telling a player 'floor' it is going to be a tough call.

I wouldn't rule out someone topping it before the end of the season though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: April 27, 2024, 09:56:59 pm »
The PGMOL is made up of tons of baldies. We're just playing fire with fire in hiring Slot.  They won;t let a fellow baldie down.

I think you're onto something here, Jurgen betrayed the brotherhood by getting a hair transplant. Nothing to do with Manc bias or lucrative UAE side gigs. Hell hath no fury like a slaphead scorned.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4293 on: April 27, 2024, 09:59:38 pm »
We've got no chance while most clubs and the media don't give a fuck. Spurs quickly went from "that's outrageous" to "shut the fuck up you whingeing scouse bastards", even though the audio showed is as one of the most corrupt things you'll hear. The Doku volley to Maccas chest was "oh its a 50/50" or "not a pen for me". Today will be expalined away with some bollocks by Gallagher on Monday. I'm recording MOTD tonight just to see if they even mention it.

Look at the League and only Wolves and Forest would back us in any action against the PGMOL. ADFC employ have the refs, Saudi get dodgy decisions, Arsenal get away with faking head injures, diving, rolling about, blatant hand balls, Spurs get sone shockers from their own pet ref, the Mancs get away with fucking murder, especially when they play us, we're fighting a losing battle.
Jurgen YNWA

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4294 on: April 27, 2024, 10:00:03 pm »
I am at the stage now at which I think the most rational explanation is the PGMOL are trolling us. They all put 20% of their wages into a sweep and whoever gets away with the most outrageous decision every season gets to take the pot.

The best bit though is the total absence of the 'you are just imagining it brigade'.

A linesman elbowing a player, A VAR accidentally ruling out a goal, A kung fu kick going unpunished in a potential title decider, Odegaard playing basketball and now Taylor calling for the physios and telling a player 'floor' it is going to be a tough call.

I wouldn't rule out someone topping it before the end of the season though.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a ref ditch his usual uniform and wear a permed wig and a shell suit and tell the players to calm down while he gives a penalty against Alisson for handball.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4295 on: April 27, 2024, 10:01:13 pm »
I think you're onto something here, Jurgen betrayed the brotherhood by getting a hair transplant. Nothing to do with Manc bias or lucrative UAE side gigs. Hell hath no fury like a slaphead scorned.

They saw Klopp getting a hair transplant as a weakness/insecurity and pounced on it like a pack of bald wolves.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4296 on: April 27, 2024, 10:09:05 pm »
The soft c*nt restarts play with a drop ball.

Areola picks the ball up.

areola" border="0

So he didn't decide there was no advantage and went back and awarded a free kick. This gets worse by the minute.

Good spot. It basically confirms what has been pretty clear in the first place. The problem is, PGMOL is going to explain it away and people will buy it and move on. The excuses write themselves basically: Taylor gave the advantage, once Gakpo closed the keeper down the advantage was done so he blew his whistle. Then the whole shenanigans with Areola happens, Taylor is distracted and simply forgot that the match should resume with the freekick he had initially given and not with a drop ball. Just a minor mistake making little difference to how the match proceeded, West Ham were supposed to have the ball anyway, whether it's from a freekick or from a drop ball doesn't really matter.They'll admit a small mistake to cover up the big fuck up. You just wait and see...

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4297 on: April 27, 2024, 10:10:18 pm »
I would give any amount of money to listen in to the recording of Anthony Taylor telling the keeper to go down in a desperate manner. Incompetent c*nt, how he is still in a job is beyond me.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4298 on: April 27, 2024, 10:13:39 pm »
Good spot. It basically confirms what has been pretty clear in the first place. The problem is, PGMOL is going to explain it away and people will buy it and move on. The excuses write themselves basically: Taylor gave the advantage, once Gakpo closed the keeper down the advantage was done so he blew his whistle. Then the whole shenanigans with Areola happens, Taylor is distracted and simply forgot that the match should resume with the freekick he had initially given and not with a drop ball. Just a minor mistake making little difference to how the match proceeded, West Ham were supposed to have the ball anyway, whether it's from a freekick or from a drop ball doesn't really matter.They'll admit a small mistake to cover up the big fuck up. You just wait and see...

That is why we must ask for the audio.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline wenlock

• Main Stander
« Reply #4299 on: April 27, 2024, 10:20:46 pm »
The audio wont help.

People said they wouldn't believe things until they saw it with their own eyes but then make excuses even when they have seen it with their own eyes, just honest mistakes.
"I'm surprised they don't charge me rent and rates."
Bob Paisley after his 11th visit to Wembley

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4300 on: April 27, 2024, 10:23:10 pm »
We’re up first on MOTD, watching it to see if anything is said about the corruption from the Manc.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4301 on: April 27, 2024, 10:23:33 pm »
We’re up first on MOTD, watching it to see if anything is said about the corruption from the Manc.

Bet it doesn't get mentioned or shown.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4302 on: April 27, 2024, 10:27:53 pm »
At least our season was already done anyway.

Imagine if winning today could have put it in our hands and that cost us. Said we'd get at least one more massive ref error to cost us a game. Thankfully we've already fucked the league ourselves over the last 5 games.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #4303 on: April 27, 2024, 10:32:27 pm »

Totally agree!

Not been mentioned anywhere really.......but Mo has! Let's see which one gets more coverage on MOTD........

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4304 on: April 27, 2024, 10:35:43 pm »

Well Pierce has done a whole whitewash with his commentary, saying Taylor saw Areola had an injury, fucking lying fat c*nt :no
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4305 on: April 27, 2024, 10:37:51 pm »
Wrighty laying into Taylor at least, Shearer calling him out too
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4306 on: April 27, 2024, 10:45:11 pm »
Just catching up with todays match now. Like others have said i think that's it for me now. I have been waiting to see how the league deal with 115 cheats even though deep down i know nothing will come of it. Today's game is the last straw, we all know what's going on and how we are being fucked over and yet the deep love we all have for the club stops us walking away.

I'll watch the last couple of games and shed a tear or two but im not prepared to invest any more emotion or money in a sport that is fixed.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #4307 on: April 27, 2024, 10:47:27 pm »

Imagine if winning today could have put it in our hands and that cost us. Said we'd get at least one more massive ref error to cost us a game. Thankfully we've already fucked the league ourselves over the last 5 games.

It's not quite as simple as that, though the narrative will be that we shouldn't be complaining as we wouldn't have won it anyway. If we went into that Palace game five points clear, there's every chance we wouldn't have lost it.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #4308 on: April 27, 2024, 11:00:00 pm »
One word I would definitely use without any reservation is conspiracy.

For me, it's beyond any reasonable doubt that the PGMOL conspire together to protect themselves and cover their members' costly errors time and again.

I'll stay clear of suggesting that they conspire against any particular club or player, but I 100% believe they conspire with each other to cover their arses on an alarmingly regular basis.

A conspiracy means more than one person meeting to influence an outcome for their gain.

It's a term that is over used these days and there is a reason for it too If the individual questions anything suss then the group mentality kicks in. The nail that stands out is always the first to be hit an' all that.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4309 on: April 27, 2024, 11:18:14 pm »

Our season was done because of the Diaz, Odegaard, Doku, Fernandes, Everton 10 free kicks to 1 debacles. Not to mention playing extra time in both the Chelsea final and United quarter finals after piss poor decisions.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #4310 on: April 27, 2024, 11:20:41 pm »
Jonathan Pearce on MOTD has clearly received a phone call and asked to say that Taylor noticed that Areola had an injury.
Not sure if commentary is live or recorded afterwards, but there is absolutely no way Pearce makes that comment in game time. No one else had a clue what was going on.
Another reason for the audio to be made available either during the game, or handed over immediately after each and every game to both clubs, so they can assess etc.
Do not allow the PGMOL time to influence, adjust, contact media etc. Allow teams to hear it in game and hand it over after every game. It is the only way to improve standards.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #4311 on: April 27, 2024, 11:41:44 pm »
Our season was done because of the Diaz, Odegaard, Doku, Fernandes, Everton 10 free kicks to 1 debacles. Not to mention playing extra time in both the Chelsea final and United quarter finals after piss poor decisions.

True. Many have forgotten how many fouls caicedo made in the first half alone in the Carabao final, before ending Gravenberch's game. And he wasn't booked all match. They forget about Chillwell escaping a caution for pulling one of our players down, before he was booked for attacking Bradley. The VVD disallowed goal for the Endo block.
The Salah offside goal and the Chelsea handball in the first game of the season is never mentioned.
The plethora of sending offs we received in September.
The non sending off of Dunk? in our 2-2 draw v Brighton.
Martinelli shoving VVD into Álisson to make it 2-1 to arsenal when we were on the ascendancy.
I'm sure most teams could name individual incidents throughout the season. All teams are probably on the end of poor refereeing decisions. But I'm happy to be informed of the ones that City have had against them. I'm talking about decisions that have changed games.
Like many posters I'm very close to packing it all in. I can't. I love Liverpool. I just long for a level playing field. One where games are refereed fairly, and what is a foul for one team, is also a foul for us. A game where a draw away to Man Utd is seen as a great result, rather than the end of the world.
I'm not sure where our game has gone to. I miss it.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4312 on: April 27, 2024, 11:48:51 pm »
Jonathan Pearce on MOTD has clearly received a phone call and asked to say that Taylor noticed that Areola had an injury.
Not sure if commentary is live or recorded afterwards, but there is absolutely no way Pearce makes that comment in game time. No one else had a clue what was going on.
Another reason for the audio to be made available either during the game, or handed over immediately after each and every game to both clubs, so they can assess etc.
Do not allow the PGMOL time to influence, adjust, contact media etc. Allow teams to hear it in game and hand it over after every game. It is the only way to improve standards.

Taylor blew his whistle from 60 yards away, so unless he incredible medical powers then how can he decide to stop play for a foot injury. Why did he physically stop Areola from taking the kick twice, why did he call on the physios and above all why did he tell Areola to go to the floor.

The best bit though is that Gakpo actually waves his arms and asks the assistant on the nearside if he is okay to go for the ball and there is no flag.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4313 on: April 28, 2024, 12:23:32 am »

The club fucked up here playing it down. Should’ve called blue murder and demanded all at PMGOL step down.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4314 on: April 28, 2024, 12:26:24 am »
The club fucked up here playing it down. Should’ve called blue murder and demanded all at PMGOL step down.

Imagine if it had happened to a United player under Ferguson?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #4315 on: April 28, 2024, 12:36:44 am »

You're right. This and the Spurs game bring them in to disrepute and clearly show PGMOL are not fit for purpose. I've said it before, but it's time for a root and branch reboot of the whole thing. It's a cartel that needs to be broken up. The audio from the Spurs game was damning, but met with a shrug of the shoulders. How bad does it need to get?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #4316 on: April 28, 2024, 12:39:43 am »

They need to be mic'd up. We need to hear them in real time.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4317 on: April 28, 2024, 01:07:26 am »
Again, the media is half the problem. Wasn't even mentioned anywhere that I can see.

BBC and the Manchester Guardian both completely ignored it.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #4318 on: April 28, 2024, 01:29:09 am »
MOTD covered it

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4319 on: April 28, 2024, 01:31:37 am »
Poor performance again and overall maybe all we deserved, especially after a very drab first half, but no wonder Klopp and the team seem to be tired of it all. Officiating is really farcical.

Like many on here I’ve been watching the game and following the reds for well over 50 years. I try to be even handed and sympathetic to referees, but it’s quite obvious they’ve got to a stage where they really are making it up as they go along.  It’s never been worse.

This season officiating standards in the premier league has hit an all time low. It’s horribly embarrassingly for the self proclaimed ‘best league in the world’. And it’s not all down to VAR. I’ve never seen a referee call on a trainer like that for a non injury after no contact whatsoever.  Unless it’s a serious injury, when does that ever happen?  The goalie fell over grabbing a ball. The ref didn’t give a free kick. So what Taylor then did defies any logic and what’s worse for us … that would not happen against any other team. What the fuck was he doing? Taylor has now totally fucked up in two back to back major games. It’s a fucking shambles but won’t get called out.

Conspiracy? Probably not. That requires extraordinary complicity by many parties.
Incompetent amateur levels of performance? Yes, absolutely. Fucking joke and we have far more of these decisions go against us than anyone other top 6 team in the division.

It doesn't. Two people can conspire together. A conspiracy can be something on a massive scale or something between a very small number of people. I could conspire with a mate to commit a crime or do something harmful and dishonest yet technically legal.

In this case here, we have an organisation that colludes together to cover their backs at all times. They close ranks, to the detriment of the sport. They are making it up as they go along. They are gaslighting fans who fork out thousands every season to support their clubs and they are costing clubs titles via the mistakes the won't admit they make. They absolutely conspire together to protect each other. The mental gymnastics they come out with as explanations are often absurd.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 01:44:29 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.