Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2011802 times)

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #960 on: March 15, 2016, 02:21:49 pm »
he might be worse off in a way... some players don't do well when they bulk up. I remember when Ryan Babel was here and did some bulking up, and he got worse for it... and i know it's not exactly the most inspiring of comparisions as Firmino is twice the player that Babel ever was, but as a thought.

Can't wait for him to be unleashed on Thursday now against the manc's...

Agree.  His build is fine and there's far more slight players in the league that cope just fine.

You don't need to be bulked up to be able to press aggressively on and off the ball.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: March 15, 2016, 06:54:59 pm »
Firmino is strong. He is no Lallana

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: March 15, 2016, 08:35:56 pm »
His strength stills surprises me, would love to see what he would be like if he did the same bit of bulking some of our other players have gone through

I wonder if he's bulked up at all since the start of the season. I don't know if it was lack of strength or just not being used to the physicality/speed of the PL, but he seemed to lose the ball quite easily and quite often the first few months here. He's gotten so much better at keeping it and shielding it from defenders.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #963 on: March 15, 2016, 09:30:30 pm »
Firmino is strong. He is no Lallana

No Lallana you say... :D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: March 16, 2016, 05:24:59 am »
I wonder if he's bulked up at all since the start of the season. I don't know if it was lack of strength or just not being used to the physicality/speed of the PL, but he seemed to lose the ball quite easily and quite often the first few months here. He's gotten so much better at keeping it and shielding it from defenders.

He hasn't bulked up as far as I can tell. It's just a case of him getting used to the way the refereeing in the league works and getting to know the limits of fair and foul play a bit better.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: March 16, 2016, 06:45:51 am »
He hasn't bulked up as far as I can tell. It's just a case of him getting used to the way the refereeing in the league works and getting to know the limits of fair and foul play a bit better.
Probably just a case of coming off an international tournament. Happens to many players already in the league as well. Lukaku, for example, had a pretty shit last season. The Bundesliga is as physical as the PL and Firmino never had a problem with it there.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: March 16, 2016, 09:15:50 am »

To be fair it not like he is playing against lard arses or skinny defenders, its all relative.

I an surprised that Lallana isnt stronger considering he has only played football in this country.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: March 16, 2016, 04:49:26 pm »
;D

''With the ball at his feet he's unstoppable, but I always told him "you need to get bigger because you are too skinny".
'He has not put on one kilo since then so he obviously hasn't listened.
'Riyad, put some weight on, just a little bit.''

Neither Firmino and Lallana really play with "strength". I do think Firmino is pretty strong and about as strong as you will get as a 10.

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #968 on: March 19, 2016, 05:27:35 pm »
Reports saying he's injured and has pulled out of the upcoming Brazil squad...

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #969 on: March 19, 2016, 05:36:10 pm »
Hearing he's injured  :no

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: March 19, 2016, 06:00:03 pm »
Hopefully not too serious and the international break has come st the right time.

Offline niallers

• Anny Roader
  • "dont worry marge,its only a quilt....MY COOKIE!"
« Reply #971 on: March 19, 2016, 06:10:08 pm »
Brazil have said he's suffered bruising,but nothing else. Maybe he's got a kick to a joint or a dead leg. We're not playing again till April 2nd after tomorrow so if he does miss the game that should be it. Probably deserves a rest anyway
in america 1st you get the sugar then you get the power then you get the women

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #972 on: March 19, 2016, 06:16:40 pm »
Has it been confirmed anywhere that it's only bruising? Fingers crossed it isn't long term, so much to play for still this season.
YWNA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #973 on: March 19, 2016, 06:20:12 pm »
Brazil have said he's suffered bruising,but nothing else. Maybe he's got a kick to a joint or a dead leg. We're not playing again till April 2nd after tomorrow so if he does miss the game that should be it. Probably deserves a rest anyway
It's a google translate job...

Could be anything, but I suspect it's just a knock
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #974 on: March 19, 2016, 06:22:38 pm »
Isn't there a rule that if you pull out of an international squad you can't play for your parent team for a certain period?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: March 19, 2016, 06:40:05 pm »
Isn't there a rule that if you pull out of an international squad you can't play for your parent team for a certain period?

Don't think so

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: March 19, 2016, 06:42:48 pm »
No where did you get that out of?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #977 on: March 19, 2016, 06:43:31 pm »
No where did you get that out of?
My arse I think..............

I'm sure there was a rule brought out to stop players pulling out of international friendlies and then playing for their club?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:45:18 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: March 19, 2016, 06:46:16 pm »
I think the internationals can request you be seen by their doctor.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: March 19, 2016, 07:01:24 pm »

If the international team don't believe the injury they can request their own doctor take a look and if we denied them that chance then they can block him playing. You have to have some serious trust issues before you get to that stage though
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #980 on: March 19, 2016, 07:05:52 pm »
If the international team don't believe the injury they can request their own doctor take a look and if we denied them that chance then they can block him playing. You have to have some serious trust issues before you get to that stage though

Didn't the Owl force Gerrard to go and be assessed by the England doctors a few years back?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #981 on: March 19, 2016, 07:44:20 pm »
Klopp is going all-in for the Europa League - needs Firmino with all his Bundesliga experience.
Firmino, new to Premier League, used to a winter break, been at it since August - needs to recharge.
Klopp gives him a couple of weeks off now so he's nice and fresh for April 7th.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: March 19, 2016, 08:47:44 pm »
Didn't the Owl force Gerrard to go and be assessed by the England doctors a few years back?

I have a vague recollection that something like that happened. Hodgson is a c*nt though so hardly a surprise
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #983 on: March 19, 2016, 09:49:49 pm »
Hope it's not too serious and he won't miss more games after the international break. Gonna need him against Dortmund.

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: March 19, 2016, 10:01:24 pm »
I doubt Brazil even care, they called Kaka up before him ffs :lmao

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: March 19, 2016, 10:05:01 pm »
So Bobby could be out of Brasil squad ? Philippe is also not in it, am I right ?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: March 19, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »
Hamstring injury?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #987 on: March 19, 2016, 11:20:01 pm »
So Bobby could be out of Brasil squad ? Philippe is also not in it, am I right ?

Pretty sure Coutinho is in the Brazil squad.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #988 on: March 19, 2016, 11:29:05 pm »
Hamstring injury?

Seems like it. Hopefully just a 'wee tightness', as Rodgers would say.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #989 on: March 20, 2016, 01:28:28 am »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: March 20, 2016, 01:45:03 am »
:( hope he recovers for the first leg

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: March 20, 2016, 02:57:04 am »
Seems like it. Hopefully just a 'wee tightness', as Rodgers would say.

Hope it's not, would mean he'd be out for 6 weeks.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: March 20, 2016, 04:04:15 pm »
We'd have won today had he been playing.  Those chances would have been buried in the back of the net.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #993 on: March 20, 2016, 04:05:29 pm »
We'd have won today had he been playing.  Those chances would have been buried in the back of the net.
Is too too true.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #994 on: March 20, 2016, 07:27:31 pm »

In all fairness though, it wasn't the attack that was the problem today. We scored twice. If you can't sustain a two goal cushion it's not the forwards that are the issue.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #995 on: March 20, 2016, 07:33:39 pm »
In all fairness though, it wasn't the attack that was the problem today. We scored twice. If you can't sustain a two goal cushion it's not the forwards that are the issue.

Agreed. I also find it stupid that people are calling Allen an idiot for not scoring that third goal and blaming the scoreline on him.

I presume those people also blame Suarez for not making up for our shit defence in the season of 13/14.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: March 20, 2016, 08:08:41 pm »
I think he would have helped, but with his pressing.  Doesn't get enough credit for it.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: March 20, 2016, 08:12:10 pm »
I think he would have helped, but with his pressing.  Doesn't get enough credit for it.
I think his ability to hold up the ball and keep it moving in the sense where he can get out of tight spaces and find a team mate goes un-noticed. Im guessing thats what Klopp wanted from Benteke when he came on but sadly it wasnt meant to be. Get well soon Bob, hope it's not too serious.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #998 on: March 21, 2016, 01:30:49 pm »
Hope it's not, would mean he'd be out for 6 weeks.

Hah! True that..  ;D

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #999 on: March 23, 2016, 03:34:11 pm »
Enjoying himself in Tenerife