Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2100871 times)

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #13960 on: March 5, 2020, 10:33:44 am »
But there'll always be gripes.

And not everyone will be sorted.

But all moving in right direction for something that has been broken for too long with shared cards, passed down cards and obviously touts
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13961 on: March 5, 2020, 10:36:14 am »
There is no seat picker, which will be really annoying for away matches when we are trying to get a group of mates together.

City have got one?

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13962 on: March 5, 2020, 10:36:54 am »
Web alert xp. It deffo works. And it pings when things change. You do need to play about with the settings though to get it spot on. I have set for every second.  I have been close a few times. But I go to my laptop to try to get tickets and I think that's why I'm failing. Hence new approach today.

I'll try that tomorrow...someone mentioned Firefox earlier, is it better to use that than Chrome?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13963 on: March 5, 2020, 10:36:55 am »
I'd like there to be test runs before implementing it for the bulk sales. Have they managed demand anywhere else like there is at Liverpool?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13964 on: March 5, 2020, 10:37:03 am »
And not everyone will be sorted.

But all moving in right direction for something that has been broken for too long with shared cards, passed down cards and obviously touts

Agreed mate. Although do feel the priority should be touts first but it's a start with FanUpdate etc.
YNWA.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13965 on: March 5, 2020, 10:37:10 am »
I read on the Echo article on this that you can join a queue for individual games rather than just one main one currently in the bulks

Which would be shit and just lead to people opening individual queues for most games. Imagine missing out on a game because you joined the main bulk sale queue to someone who just opened a queue for one game.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13966 on: March 5, 2020, 10:37:33 am »
I'd like there to be test runs before implementing it for the bulk sales. Have they managed demand anywhere else like there is at Liverpool?

I've seen the site crashed for a SoundersFC sale, so it's a potential shit show if they don't test it beforehand.
YNWA.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13967 on: March 5, 2020, 10:37:44 am »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #13968 on: March 5, 2020, 10:41:48 am »
Is this any indication here:
"During the club’s future Members’ sales, the new platform will offer supporters a more efficient and simplified buying experience when applying for the matches they would like to attend."

If you have to apply then surely that indicates it is unless I am just reading into that too much.

Think you're reading into that too much, already says that on the current site.....

Taken from the Palace sale tomorrow:
"Tickets for this sale are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all who apply."

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #13970 on: March 5, 2020, 10:48:52 am »
Few test runs on the city and sheff united sites anyone?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13971 on: March 5, 2020, 10:51:29 am »
City have got one?

Thats what i was on. First time I added a block it just chose a seat. next time I tried in the same block it gave the picker.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13973 on: March 5, 2020, 11:01:25 am »
Sheff Utd has the same shite site we have at the moment up until last season as well.
Maybe they cottoned on to how crap it is too!

Focus on mobile ticketing may cut down touts anyway. What they do in the US is that you have to log onto the site and get a unique barcode (that changes every 30 seconds) and scan this for entry. Meaning it's impossible to tout.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13974 on: March 5, 2020, 11:02:39 am »
Just looked at City's page, I like that it shows how many seats are available in each block but surely we wouldn't have the seat picker working for our bulk sales, they'd never cope!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13975 on: March 5, 2020, 11:02:53 am »
Link to Echo article...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-set-transform-ticket-buying-17860878?fbclid=IwAR0A-h2QSJX6MNZhf1GA9muCJcu0UakhwARG5mcZrfZ8bl803x8ROCqMSA4

No mention of pre-login anywhere that I can see.

It's implied by the bit that says they'll send you a notification on your phone so you don't have to monitor the page.

« Last Edit: March 5, 2020, 11:06:32 am by Hightown Phil »

Offline r_ali

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13976 on: March 5, 2020, 11:04:45 am »
"After listening to fan feedback and following extensive discussions with supporters at our fan forums"

Is it known who represents at the fan forums?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13977 on: March 5, 2020, 11:04:47 am »
It's implied by the bit that says they'll send you a notification on your phone so you don't have to monitor the page.

Ah yeah, they might notice if you tell them the same phone number 30 times ;D

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13978 on: March 5, 2020, 11:05:37 am »
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13979 on: March 5, 2020, 11:07:18 am »
"After listening to fan feedback and following extensive discussions with supporters at our fan forums"

Yes.

Ah yeah, they might notice if you tell them the same phone number 30 times ;D

I'd assume it's via an App but that's obviously guessing.

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #13980 on: March 5, 2020, 11:09:37 am »

I'd assume it's via an App but that's obviously guessing.

I think when you join the queue page there’s an option to enter your number and it’ll text you when you get through the queue

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #13981 on: March 5, 2020, 11:11:42 am »
Sheff Utd has the same shite site we have at the moment up until last season as well.

Focus on mobile ticketing may cut down touts anyway. What they do in the US is that you have to log onto the site and get a unique barcode (that changes every 30 seconds) and scan this for entry. Meaning it's impossible to tout.

Had tickets for some concerts which have the same thing with a unique barcode. As you say it is impossible to tout it and it worked well. It also gave you the option to transfer it to mates (say you had a group of 4 with one lead booker, they could send the ticket to their mates phone number), which could be useful for if you are buying for your mate in the bulks.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13982 on: March 5, 2020, 11:11:52 am »

It says "will also support mobile access at the turnstiles for match e-tickets for fans wishing to move away from physical paper tickets."

Sounds like touts will be able to just choose not to use e-tickets.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13983 on: March 5, 2020, 11:12:25 am »
Think they need to get rid of the bulk sales as well. Do other clubs do it? I mean you end up with everyone on there at the same time, whether you only want a ticket for one game or 10 - it just clogs up the entire system. Why not just sell tickets for each game a month before?

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13984 on: March 5, 2020, 11:14:18 am »
Think they need to get rid of the bulk sales as well. Do other clubs do it? I mean you end up with everyone on there at the same time, whether you only want a ticket for one game or 10 - it just clogs up the entire system. Why not just sell tickets for each game a month before?
They don’t need to get rid of the bulk sales necessarily, just stagger certain sales like they do for aways would help.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13985 on: March 5, 2020, 11:14:50 am »

West Ham do it I think, and United did but think they've stopped now. It can be a nightmare but also means you know you don't have to get time off work every couple of weeks. Staggering sales better would definitely help.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #13986 on: March 5, 2020, 11:15:47 am »

Cash is king
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13987 on: March 5, 2020, 11:18:39 am »

Great idea. Instead of doing something twice a season people can do it 19 times.

Or we can just have both. Like now.

Offline GarethW

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13988 on: March 5, 2020, 11:21:09 am »
Great idea. Instead of doing something twice a season people can do it 19 times.

Or we can just have both. Like now.

Think twice a season makes sense for those who have 13+ but for the zero credits and 4+ then having more chance of actually getting a ticket (19 goes) makes more sense

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13989 on: March 5, 2020, 11:32:50 am »

Yes and apparently it hasnt been discussed, they were just told the club is doing it

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13990 on: March 5, 2020, 11:36:58 am »
Which would be shit and just lead to people opening individual queues for most games. Imagine missing out on a game because you joined the main bulk sale queue to someone who just opened a queue for one game.

I've seen the site crashed for a SoundersFC sale, so it's a potential shit show if they don't test it beforehand.

First its for season ticket renewals.... then "some sales are then set to be held in May or June for testing, so everything can be phased in over six to nine months given the major scale of change involved in the project."

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13991 on: March 5, 2020, 11:38:47 am »
Those sound like the ACS sales

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #13992 on: March 5, 2020, 11:39:52 am »
At least they’re doing something about but can see this failing at the start if they don’t test it properly

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13993 on: March 5, 2020, 11:52:24 am »
Also have features to restrict sales (pre-login), Ballots, queue position without going through the source code, and text notifications when you're at/near the front of the queue

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #13994 on: March 5, 2020, 11:55:54 am »
Yes and apparently it hasnt been discussed, they were just told the club is doing it
correct

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13995 on: March 5, 2020, 11:56:23 am »
Just been on City's site and it's £1.50 per ticket booking fee.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #13996 on: March 5, 2020, 12:06:20 pm »
fucking wank that

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13997 on: March 5, 2020, 12:10:42 pm »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13998 on: March 5, 2020, 12:10:56 pm »
Used to be £2.50 booking fee on ours. Got rid of it when memberships came in.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13999 on: March 5, 2020, 12:16:57 pm »

Same with Leicester too

They better not increase the total ticket price