Author Topic: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia  (Read 166833 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia
« Reply #2440 on: March 20, 2024, 06:47:37 pm »
Botman supposedly playing with a knee injury for a while and now done his ACL when he should have had surgery.

Their medical team have had a shocker this season and Howe's squad management has been woeful, although it's the first time he's had to juggle European football.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2441 on: March 20, 2024, 07:31:53 pm »
Botman supposedly playing with a knee injury for a while and now done his ACL when he should have had surgery.

Their medical team have had a shocker this season and Howe's squad management has been woeful, although it's the first time he's had to juggle European football.
At least it’s only his knee and not his head

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2442 on: March 20, 2024, 08:35:53 pm »
They was posts on X that Gordon had done his ACL then after treatment he's playing the following weekend in the FA Cup game.

Watch this space with him.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2443 on: March 20, 2024, 08:38:26 pm »
They was posts on X that Gordon had done his ACL then after treatment he's playing the following weekend in the FA Cup game.

Watch this space with him.

No they're literally released a statement announcing this one. He's a huge loss for them as well.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2444 on: March 21, 2024, 09:30:01 am »
Supposedly the scans on Botman's injury a few months back could not determine whether he needed surgery. The club say that they discussed it with Botman and decided rest would be the best course of action. He comes back from the rest and then ACL goes. Not a good look.

Always think with an injury like this, getting it in the first half of the season is miles better than getting it now. He'll be back some time around Christmas (or early into the New Year) and probably won't be fully up to speed for the remainder of that season. He's basically going to miss the remainder of this season and the whole of the next one.

That's Newcastle now going to be in the market for at least two CBs this summer I guess.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: March 21, 2024, 03:37:10 pm »

Yeah iirc they have the injured players missing the most minutes amongst all the teams in the division. Haven't seen all the games but reading the reports, forums...apparently they don't rotate enough.
It's not like they are the first from England to play in Europe, there's a template to follow in terms of squad management to minimize fatigue based injuries, or fatigue accumulation led contact injuries.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: March 21, 2024, 05:56:07 pm »
This is my favorite gaslighting/revision/falsehood - call it what you will - that somehow the Gary Neville's of the world were able to get the Sky Sport's and Talk Sport sheep of the world to jump all over.

No one was leaving the PL - but apparently it was too much for the 3 brain celled supporters to follow.

I was hoping for a response but hey ho. Everton fans seem to think the same thing for some reason.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #2447 on: March 25, 2024, 05:23:50 pm »
So what are the potential implications of Amanda Stavely filing for Bankruptcy with regard to her owner status?. She lost the case today against the Greek fella who she owes over £4 million to which in itself is incredible because he cancelled the interest on it since 2008 which would have compounded it to over 40 mill.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2448 on: March 25, 2024, 06:03:54 pm »
So what are the potential implications of Amanda Stavely filing for Bankruptcy with regard to her owner status?. She lost the case today against the Greek fella who she owes over £4 million to which in itself is incredible because he cancelled the interest on it since 2008 which would have compounded it to over 40 mill.

I've no idea on the implication and fallout from it - yet the words from the Judge do not paint her in a good light at all (her claims having a “complete lack of credibility”)...

'Newcastle’s Amanda Staveley must pay £3.4m to Greek tycoon after court battle':-

Football club’s co-owner plans to appeal against decision in dispute with businessman Victor Restis

www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/25/newcastle-united-amanda-staveley-victor-restis

« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 01:08:36 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: March 25, 2024, 09:57:07 pm »
I read on X a few days ago and was reading replies and a few Newcastle fans repeated that the Club wanted Botman to have an Operation earlier in the season but his personal consultant said he didn't need one. :o

That was the injury he did against us when we played them away.

Ridiculous situation.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: March 25, 2024, 10:06:22 pm »
A bankrupt must not act as a director or be involved in any way in the management of a company until discharged from bankruptcy. However, a bankrupt may be a director of a company if permission is granted by the court.
https://bankruptcy-solicitors.com/during-bankruptcy/acting-as-a-director-in-bankruptcy/#:~:text=A%20bankrupt%20must%20not%20act,is%20granted%20by%20the%20court.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2451 on: March 26, 2024, 11:51:38 am »
A bankrupt must not act as a director or be involved in any way in the management of a company until discharged from bankruptcy. However, a bankrupt may be a director of a company if permission is granted by the court.
https://bankruptcy-solicitors.com/during-bankruptcy/acting-as-a-director-in-bankruptcy/#:~:text=A%20bankrupt%20must%20not%20act,is%20granted%20by%20the%20court.
But what if you're morally bankrupt?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: March 26, 2024, 12:05:32 pm »
Then you’re a perfect fit for Newcastle or Man City

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: March 26, 2024, 12:16:29 pm »
I wouldn't bat an eyelid if she ended up on the streets outside Sid James Park begging for chump change. 

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #2454 on: March 28, 2024, 11:06:21 am »
Wasn’t sure where to post this as it’s not football related, but since Saudi Arabia and other human right abusers want to wash all their dirties via the puppet clubs they’ve bought then this’ll do (and doesn’t appear to be a separate SA thread)

Scarcely believable but the UN has picked Saudi Arabia to lead its women’s rights forum. Yes… Saudi Arabia. I can only think that it must be because they have such a great record on this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/27/saudi-arabia-un-womens-rights-commission?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #2455 on: March 28, 2024, 11:43:35 am »
Wasn’t sure where to post this as it’s not football related, but since Saudi Arabia and other human right abusers want to wash all their dirties via the puppet clubs they’ve bought then this’ll do (and doesn’t appear to be a separate SA thread)

Scarcely believable but the UN has picked Saudi Arabia to lead its women’s rights forum. Yes… Saudi Arabia. I can only think that it must be because they have such a great record on this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/27/saudi-arabia-un-womens-rights-commission?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
stinks. Article says it was an “unopposed bid” for the role. Sounds familiar to their World Cup “unopposed” bid. Makes you wonder how can one of the richest nations in the world, who aren’t afraid to use their limitless wealth to wash their image, manage to have no opponents for such bids?  Nothing to see here.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #2456 on: March 28, 2024, 11:59:37 am »
I wouldn't bat an eyelid if she ended up on the streets outside Sid James Park begging for chump change.
You'd be forgiven if you had a wee chuckle though  ;D

I note that the decent section of your fanbase are currently highlighting the draconian approach to freedom of expression of fans.

https://twitter.com/NoSaudiToon/status/1772984695610806526

If I was minded to follow the national side (which I'm not) then I think I'd give this world cup a miss because you could so easily inadvertently cross a boundary and the punishment looks severe.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2457 on: March 28, 2024, 01:37:37 pm »
stinks. Article says it was an “unopposed bid” for the role. Sounds familiar to their World Cup “unopposed” bid. Makes you wonder how can one of the richest nations in the world, who aren’t afraid to use their limitless wealth to wash their image, manage to have no opponents for such bids?  Nothing to see here.

The opponent who was interested was found round the back of the embassy, slipped and banged their heads apparently
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2458 on: March 28, 2024, 01:41:05 pm »

The opponent who was interested was found round the back of the embassy, slipped and banged their heads apparently
Typical. How unlucky, especially as their head fell off when they banged it.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: March 28, 2024, 01:46:46 pm »
I've no idea on the implication and fallout from it - yet the words from the Judge do not paint her in a good light at all (her claims having a “complete lack of credibility”)...

'Newcastle’s Amanda Staveley must pay £3.4m to Greek tycoon after court battle':-

Football club’s co-owner plans to appeal against decision in dispute with businessman Victor Restis

www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/25/newcastle-united-amanda-staveley-victor-restis

She probably thought the Saudis would pay it for her.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2460 on: March 28, 2024, 02:06:26 pm »

Looks like he'll get a ban from the FA to go with his ban from the Italian FA.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: March 28, 2024, 02:13:46 pm »

Looks like he'll get a ban from the FA to go with his ban from the Italian FA.

Would just end up running concurrently you would have thought?

Guy must have a serious issue though to be fair. Carrying on gambling when his previous charges were already known.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2462 on: March 28, 2024, 02:18:13 pm »

Guy must have a serious issue though to be fair. Carrying on gambling when his previous charges were already known.
I think he's banned until August. If he gets a Toney-type suspension I guess they can argue that it should be backdated to when the offences occurred which would cover his original suspension, but - ahem - I wouldn't bet on it.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2463 on: March 28, 2024, 02:41:36 pm »

I can’t see why. It’s a separate charge in relation to an additional 50 breaches. If they had been incorporated into his original charge, logically his ban might have been longer. Continuing to place bets when you’ve already been charged with betting offences and are facing a significant imminent ban is also an aggravating factor. If they’re proven I’d expect a further ban taking him into 2025.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: March 28, 2024, 02:45:13 pm »
Due diligence is something that doesn't exist at that club. :D

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #2465 on: March 28, 2024, 02:46:34 pm »
Fucking cartel not letting footballers gamble

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2466 on: March 28, 2024, 02:49:55 pm »

I can’t see why. It’s a separate charge in relation to an additional 50 breaches. If they had been incorporated into his original charge, logically his ban might have been longer. Continuing to place bets when you’ve already been charged with betting offences and are facing a significant imminent ban is also an aggravating factor. If they’re proven I’d expect a further ban taking him into 2025.

I'm not saying his ban shouldn't be longer. Just if it's for say 12 months then it should cover the 8 months he's already been banned for as well.

Wouldn't be right adding on the whole additional sentence I don't think as it's the same problem. But agree it should probably result in a larger charge.

Sorry I should clarify - this is based on it now being an English FA charge and not an Italian FA charge, so I'm assuming they would be starting from scratch so to speak rather than incorporating it into what he's already banned for. If that makes sense!

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2467 on: March 28, 2024, 03:01:54 pm »
Due diligence is something that doesn't exist at that club. :D
Well it's a good thing that the DoF responsible for this transfer has moved on. Well he will once his gardening leave is up. A marginal gain for Newcastle, as it were.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #2468 on: March 28, 2024, 03:18:40 pm »
Continuing to place bets when you’ve already been charged with betting offences and are facing a significant imminent ban is also an aggravating factor. If they’re proven I’d expect a further ban taking him into 2025.
Setting aside the obvious opportunities of p*sstaking, this is sad. The lad is talented but obviously has a serious problem with gambling and is in danger of destroying a promising career. Football should hang its head in shame that it has sold its soul to gambling companies and their advertising which is aimed at creating a new generation of people to exploit.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: March 28, 2024, 03:40:34 pm »
So I should take Sandro to Vegas next time?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2470 on: March 28, 2024, 03:41:14 pm »
What a mess the whole Tonali thing is. I presume AC Milan knew what was going on, so cashed in on a homegrown star, as he certainly didn’t want to leave and go to Newcastle.

But then Newcastle surely could have found out if they actually tried too, it’d be hard to keep such a secret.  Both clubs not done the right thing regards him I suspect, as in getting him proper help.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2471 on: March 28, 2024, 03:44:40 pm »
Lets see the dickhead journos hype up Dan Ashworth now.  The fella failed at the first rule of a potential recruit. ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2472 on: March 28, 2024, 03:45:00 pm »
His ban should be shorter for this if he agrees to seek help. I'm almost certain that Merson and Adams will have tried to make contact.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: March 28, 2024, 05:13:38 pm »
Setting aside the obvious opportunities of p*sstaking, this is sad. The lad is talented but obviously has a serious problem with gambling and is in danger of destroying a promising career. Football should hang its head in shame that it has sold its soul to gambling companies and their advertising which is aimed at creating a new generation of people to exploit.
Ignoring who he plays for, I hope Tonali gets control over his addiction.  I expect any new ban to run after his current ban as they're separate offences (the Italian FA only took into account the gambling offences while playing in Italy whilst the new charges relate to gambling while playing in England).

I used to gamble on the football, starting with just us and my local non-league team that I watched on Saturday afternoons.  It didn't take long before I was getting sucked into accumulator bets and then scouring for random games to try to beat the system.  I realised it was out of control when I got shouted to come down and collect my eldest from the swimming pool after his lesson had finished, having been distracted by betting on individual points of a livestream of a tennis match on the gambling app I used.  I only lost a few £hundred over that period and it was more about chasing the next rush than trying to claw back lost money.  If I'd had the time and money of a top-flight footballer I'd have burnt through money.

I wouldn't go near a bet these days but it really jars how many adverts there are for it.  It feels like TalkShite is entirely funded by gambling as beyond just the adverts they have whole sections on gambling with a pally rep from some gambling firm or other.  I'm pretty sure they even have a regular gambling item where they donate any winnings to a charity - their good deed for the week  ::).  It's all designed to hook people in, really insidious stuff.

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2474 on: March 28, 2024, 11:22:29 pm »
Has  Tonalis agent Matin Gale said about the charge?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2475 on: March 28, 2024, 11:34:44 pm »
Ignoring who he plays for, I hope Tonali gets control over his addiction.  I expect any new ban to run after his current ban as they're separate offences (the Italian FA only took into account the gambling offences while playing in Italy whilst the new charges relate to gambling while playing in England).

I used to gamble on the football, starting with just us and my local non-league team that I watched on Saturday afternoons.  It didn't take long before I was getting sucked into accumulator bets and then scouring for random games to try to beat the system.  I realised it was out of control when I got shouted to come down and collect my eldest from the swimming pool after his lesson had finished, having been distracted by betting on individual points of a livestream of a tennis match on the gambling app I used.  I only lost a few £hundred over that period and it was more about chasing the next rush than trying to claw back lost money.  If I'd had the time and money of a top-flight footballer I'd have burnt through money.

I wouldn't go near a bet these days but it really jars how many adverts there are for it.  It feels like TalkShite is entirely funded by gambling as beyond just the adverts they have whole sections on gambling with a pally rep from some gambling firm or other.  I'm pretty sure they even have a regular gambling item where they donate any winnings to a charity - their good deed for the week  ::).  It's all designed to hook people in, really insidious stuff.

Said that if he were a betting man, he'd bet against Tonali ever having a bet in his lifetime.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: March 29, 2024, 02:53:03 am »
Very sad, and I would love to see all sports betting companies run through with a rusty sword. I guess this is one thing the Saudi league has going for it (I hesitate to assume)!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2477 on: March 29, 2024, 03:11:28 am »
Couldn't happen to the nicest owners... Shame on people who protest the fighters leading the plight for gender equality:
https://www.dw.com/en/outrage-as-saudi-arabia-picked-to-head-womens-rights-forum/a-68688738
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: March 29, 2024, 08:28:35 am »

The Tories will welcome you with open arms
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: March 29, 2024, 08:30:32 am »
Couldn't happen to the nicest owners... Shame on people who protest the fighters leading the plight for gender equality:
https://www.dw.com/en/outrage-as-saudi-arabia-picked-to-head-womens-rights-forum/a-68688738

Fucking laughable that, what next, the Klan heading race relations?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA