Author Topic: Nottingham Forest  (Read 50982 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nottingham Forest
« Reply #560 on: March 18, 2024, 06:03:25 pm »

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: March 18, 2024, 06:05:36 pm »
Funny how they claim to care about the "football pyramid" but have no problems breaking rules and sending others down that pyramid. Would be nice if some of these clubs just took some responsibility.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: March 18, 2024, 06:06:50 pm »
If they were smart they should just accept the relatively minimal punishment given they will probably still stay up. They're the kind of club that if they get their finances in order will benefit from other clubs getting deductions in the future (including Everton very soon).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #563 on: March 18, 2024, 06:08:23 pm »
Send in Clatts, he’ll see you right

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #564 on: March 18, 2024, 06:14:20 pm »
Fuck their fans ,they’re poison.they don’t think they’ve done any wrong ,hard done by ,wah,wah,wah.
Forest are cheats  pure and simple ,knew what they were  doing but with the owner they have is it any wonder .
Sooner they go back to oblivion the better.

Spot on.  "World famous City Ground" my arse
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline flying pig

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop '
« Reply #565 on: March 18, 2024, 06:17:22 pm »
Could they be said to have’dropped the ball’?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #566 on: March 18, 2024, 07:07:48 pm »
"Unique circumstances" = "we went on a spending spree"?
“We spent money as freely as we pissed water “ isn’t much of an excuse.  They’ve got off exceptionally lightly
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #567 on: March 18, 2024, 07:43:35 pm »
The thing that gets me is -if I've read the parameters right- it's not as if they've barely broken the rules. Everton fans bemoan the fact they were only £19.5m over the limit, when in fact, they were £19.5m over the PSR threshold of £105m. So they were £120m over the limit. Forest have done the same. Though they had a lower PSR threshold (£61m), they were over it by £34.5m. So they were also well over the limit.

I agree with the idea of a set points deduction, then go up from there, based on the severity of the breach. I'd also include a transfer-in ban for at least one window. Might also add in an additional point deduction if the appeal is deemed frivolous, same as they do with red card appeals. Time to start sharpening teeth here, particularly before the City decisions are made.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #568 on: March 18, 2024, 08:00:41 pm »
Send in Clatts, he’ll see you right

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: March 18, 2024, 08:05:14 pm »
https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2024/march/18/club-statement/

LOL.

Oh do fuck off - you get promoted, obey the rules, get relegated, you're then one of the 3 richest clubs in the division you were in 12 months prior, so you can outspend most clubs and you get promoted again.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: March 18, 2024, 08:10:48 pm »
The thing is they all saw Everton get their deduction reduced so now they will all try it as they have nothing to lose.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #571 on: March 18, 2024, 08:15:00 pm »
The thing is they all saw Everton get their deduction reduced so now they will all try it as they have nothing to lose.

Initially, they were going to get 8 points but had a reduction of two points for an early plea and because they cooperated fully. Launching an appeal could see those points being reinstated.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: March 18, 2024, 08:55:52 pm »
Hopefully this ensures these wankers get relegated.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: March 18, 2024, 08:59:12 pm »
Initially, they were going to get 8 points but had a reduction of two points for an early plea and because they cooperated fully. Launching an appeal could see those points being reinstated.
They got significant decision for cooperation.

I suspect they saw Everton’s 10 point deduction and soiled themselves.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: March 18, 2024, 09:40:41 pm »
In their submission, Forest used numbers from…..Transfer market :lmao

Fucking hell, even Samie doesn’t go that low
W

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: March 18, 2024, 10:08:50 pm »
Good.

City next.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: March 18, 2024, 10:17:20 pm »
Good.

City next.

Looks like Leicester if they come up and there is a chance others could follow....Villa ?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #577 on: March 18, 2024, 10:42:24 pm »
Yes was thinking that myself, if they appeal, do they run the risk of another IC coming to a completely different conclusion and deducting them 8 points or even 6, it could be the difference between them getting relegated and staying up.

They have got away quite lightly in the grand scheme of things, they would be far better off just taking it on the chin and get themselves out of trouble
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #578 on: March 19, 2024, 09:45:59 am »
Yes was thinking that myself, if they appeal, do they run the risk of another IC coming to a completely different conclusion and deducting them 8 points or even 6, it could be the difference between them getting relegated and staying up.

They have got away quite lightly in the grand scheme of things, they would be far better off just taking it on the chin and get themselves out of trouble

Had they beat Luton at the weekend they'd be a couple of points ahead of them even with the deduction, and Sheff U and Burnley way behind which may have made them more inclined to take it on the chin. Psychologically the fact it puts them in the bottom 3 may make them appeal.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #579 on: March 19, 2024, 09:48:28 am »
https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2024/march/18/club-statement/

LOL.

You might have some sympathy with the statement if they didn't come up and spend 130 million pound on a whole new squad of players while throwing around daft salaries. That's not sustainable and they knew the rules. Brentford and Brighton show a better way.

I'd rather see transfer bans than points taken off though unless there's systemic rule breaking like at Everton or City. Leicester will come up with a deduction even though they get relegated after not signing anyone the summer before (while Everton spent big and stayed up at their expense). Therefore Leicester are doomed before they start next season, even though FFP has already cost them one relegation by not spending.

Problem is clubs didn't take the rules seriously until Everton got the deduction, primarily because Everton had took the piss for years.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 09:55:48 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #580 on: March 19, 2024, 11:53:05 am »
I doubt they'll get relegated even with the points deduction as it stands. The three teams that came up last season are so awful, they're going straight back down. Pity, as them and their scummy fans deserve to be relegated.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 11:55:46 am by dirkster »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: March 19, 2024, 12:03:37 pm »
You might have some sympathy with the statement if they didn't come up and spend 130 million pound on a whole new squad of players while throwing around daft salaries. That's not sustainable and they knew the rules. Brentford and Brighton show a better way.

I'd rather see transfer bans than points taken off though unless there's systemic rule breaking like at Everton or City. Leicester will come up with a deduction even though they get relegated after not signing anyone the summer before (while Everton spent big and stayed up at their expense). Therefore Leicester are doomed before they start next season, even though FFP has already cost them one relegation by not spending.

Problem is clubs didn't take the rules seriously until Everton got the deduction, primarily because Everton had took the piss for years.

They were idiots for going into last season with a squad that was predominantly loanees, they hit the lottery & wasted a perfect opportunity to use that windfall and parachute payments to them rebuild & have a proper go at staying up.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: March 19, 2024, 01:26:06 pm »

They took the piss

Jesse Lingard earned £120,000 a week at Nottingham Forest to not play - not for the first time, he made the wrong choice.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/jesse-lingard-nottingham-forest-disaster-not-first-time-he-made-the-wrong-choice/blta207142df55e516d%23:~:text%3DLingard%2520was%2520also%2520offered%2520a,of%2520the%2520club%27s%2520top%2520earners.&ved=2ahUKEwjuztfCtoCFAxUPWEEAHVJPC48QFigAegQIEhAA&usg=AOvVaw04WpqJ9X-z1tlEL0Gak0Dx

Yeah, the best punishment is a real-time punishment.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #583 on: March 19, 2024, 02:24:32 pm »
They took the piss

Jesse Lingard earned £120,000 a week at Nottingham Forest to not play - not for the first time, he made the wrong choice.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/jesse-lingard-nottingham-forest-disaster-not-first-time-he-made-the-wrong-choice/blta207142df55e516d%23:~:text%3DLingard%2520was%2520also%2520offered%2520a,of%2520the%2520club%27s%2520top%2520earners.&ved=2ahUKEwjuztfCtoCFAxUPWEEAHVJPC48QFigAegQIEhAA&usg=AOvVaw04WpqJ9X-z1tlEL0Gak0Dx

Yeah, the best punishment is a real-time punishment.
Harry Arter has been on £40k per wk (£2m per year) until the end of this June. The last time he played 90 minutes for Forest was in December 2020.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #584 on: March 19, 2024, 02:55:27 pm »
I doubt they'll get relegated even with the points deduction as it stands. The three teams that came up last season are so awful, they're going straight back down. Pity, as them and their scummy fans deserve to be relegated.

It will all hinge on the 6 pointers

Everton v Burnley
Brentford v Sheff Utd
Luton v Brentford
Everton v Forest
Sheff Utd v Burnley
Everton v Brentford
Luton v Everton
Sheff Utd v Forest
Everton v Sheff Utd
Burnley v Forest

Even if it only relates to teams beating Sheff Utd when they get the chance, any team that wins all of the games above they are in against other crap teams has a chance.

Let's also hope Forest can take something off City at Forest and that Luton can provide shocks when they travel to City and Arsenal
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 02:57:31 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #585 on: March 19, 2024, 03:37:38 pm »
Harry Arter has been on £40k per wk (£2m per year) until the end of this June. The last time he played 90 minutes for Forest was in December 2020.

Played 4 games for Charlton and 9 games for Notts County, on loan both times. Has played all of 13 games for Forest and a combined 13 for Charlton/Notts. 26 games in 3 years. It's no wonder he didn't want to walk away from his contract.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline daniel.owen89

• Kemlynite
« Reply #586 on: March 20, 2024, 05:55:12 pm »
MP on sly complaining about the rules in place at the time, but how can you make that argument when specifically Leicester would still be in the league if they had broken the rules (4 points difference between the two, same as the punishment. But Leicester with the superior goal difference)

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #587 on: March 27, 2024, 03:57:22 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68675690
Forest’s coach fined after abusing Tierney after our game.

The BBC Couldn’t miss another opportunity to mention Clattenberg and highlight the drop ball
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #588 on: March 27, 2024, 04:09:45 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68675690
Forest’s coach fined after abusing Tierney after our game.

The BBC Couldn’t miss another opportunity to mention Clattenberg and highlight the drop ball

I noticed that still peddling that rubbish give up with the bbc
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97