Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 247927 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Cancer
« Reply #1480 on: August 26, 2012, 11:57:30 pm »
My Mam passed away early this morning from this God awful disease. She was only diagnosed 2 weeks ago. Struggling to keep it together this morning. RIP Mam. Will always love you

Awful news mate.  Sounds very similar to my situation.  If you look back through this thread my mum also died weeks after being diagnosed in early 2011.  You're just trying to come to terms with the fact that she has this life threatening illness and before you know it, just as you prepare yourself for the battle, she's gone in a blink.

People say it gets easier etc.  I suppose it does.  But there's not a day passes when I don't think of her.  Yes of course you have memories etc but that's never compensation for the real thing.  Life is never the same again.  A light permanently goes out somewhere definitely.

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1481 on: August 27, 2012, 02:26:27 am »
So sorry for your loss Olly, thinking of you and your family.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1482 on: October 10, 2012, 04:49:43 pm »
Well I've finally finished my six years of treatment. I still can't quite believe it - every night I feel like I've forgotten something and then realise I don't need to take any pills anymore. It's a bit of an emotional rollercoaster and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. In a sense it feels like a new battle is starting now - I've got to somehow rebuild my life but I'm not sure what my chances are or where to begin.

But I'm enjoying my freedom  8) I'm starting to make plans and I hope to make it to Anfield at some point soon-ish - I haven't been since my treatment started and I can't wait to get back.

Thank you all for your support over the months, it has meant a lot to me.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1483 on: October 10, 2012, 04:56:40 pm »
That is awesome news - congratulations!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #1484 on: October 10, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »
Marvellous news.  Congratulations and every good fortune in your new life. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1485 on: October 10, 2012, 05:15:15 pm »
Brilliant news!!! all the best in this new stage ;)
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1486 on: October 10, 2012, 09:29:35 pm »
Well done, Bio, nice to see good news on this thread.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: October 10, 2012, 09:56:40 pm »
Excellent stuff, we're all made up for you.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1488 on: October 10, 2012, 10:00:46 pm »
Fantastic news, Bio. This thread sure needs positives like this more often. Congratulations!! :thumbup

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1489 on: October 11, 2012, 01:06:19 am »
Whenever this thread appears on the boards, I fear the worst. Impossible not too really

I'm happy for you Bio, great news and good luck for the future.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: October 11, 2012, 01:08:58 am »
thats just amazing stuff, made up for you.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1491 on: October 11, 2012, 01:09:51 am »
Congratulations mate, you deserve it.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1492 on: October 11, 2012, 06:40:58 am »
Delighted - simply delighted to hear a good news post on here. Wonderful news.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: October 11, 2012, 07:05:04 am »
This thread is possibly the most meaningful one here. Bio mate, I'm thrilled and grateful for your your brilliant news. May we long continue to hear of good news from one another. May we long continue to support one another!

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: October 11, 2012, 08:50:08 am »
Well in Bio! Hope you enjoy your new found freedom! :)

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: October 11, 2012, 05:05:42 pm »
Thank you all for your kind words :wave

Keeping all people still affected, including my uncle, in my thoughts

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1496 on: October 11, 2012, 05:15:10 pm »
Congrats on that Bio, well made up for you.  :wave
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1497 on: October 13, 2012, 12:09:27 pm »
Great news, nice to see after a long and hard battle with it.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: October 13, 2012, 02:23:17 pm »
Channel 4 are dedicating the evening to "Stand up to Cancer" next Friday night.

Hopefully people will give generously.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: October 16, 2012, 10:04:44 am »
Haven't checked here in a while, feel bad about that because I know how it devastates families.

My deepest condolences to Olly and others that have been affected by this recently, my heart goes out to you.

Brilliant news Bio, so amazing to hear people who have fought off this bastard and come out strong. Hope you continue to enjoy your life, so happy for you.

Would have been my nan and grandads wedding anniversary last week, still hard to grasp sometimes that he's not there.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1500 on: October 16, 2012, 11:06:15 pm »
Well I've finally finished my six years of treatment. I still can't quite believe it - every night I feel like I've forgotten something and then realise I don't need to take any pills anymore. It's a bit of an emotional rollercoaster and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. In a sense it feels like a new battle is starting now - I've got to somehow rebuild my life but I'm not sure what my chances are or where to begin.

But I'm enjoying my freedom  8) I'm starting to make plans and I hope to make it to Anfield at some point soon-ish - I haven't been since my treatment started and I can't wait to get back.

Thank you all for your support over the months, it has meant a lot to me.

Fantastic news Bio... so pleased for you :) :) Wishing you all the very best for a happy future ahead.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: October 19, 2012, 07:20:17 pm »
bump

Channel 4 are dedicating the evening to "Stand up to Cancer"..

Hopefully people will give generously.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: October 20, 2012, 10:32:34 pm »
dont often post in here,brings back horrible memories if im honest. A right twat of a disease.My dad died of Leukemia over three years ago now and it still feels so raw its untrue.Id recoomend this thread(and site to anyone) i wrote a seperate thread on it and got so much support it was unreal.Never forget it and i thank you all.I wish anyone suffering, or anyone watching/seeing someone suffering to keep your chin up and wish you all all the best  :)
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1503 on: October 21, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #1504 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:28 am »
Memorial service yesterday for my uncle's wife who passed away two months ago. It was so beautiful and it really felt like she was there with us. I hadn't exactly braced myself so coming there and seeing the pictures and candles made it so real and I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach and I cried a lot. But there were also plenty of funny moments when we remembered and celebrated her life.

Still can't believe it.  :(

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1505 on: December 11, 2012, 11:32:09 am »

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: December 11, 2012, 09:48:31 pm »

Fuck... That made me tear up. eventhough my dad was 56 and I was when he got beamed I can SO put myself in that boys place. Cheers for posting, Corky... :thumbup

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1507 on: December 11, 2012, 10:05:29 pm »
Fuck... That made me tear up. eventhough my dad was 56 and I was when he got beamed I can SO put myself in that boys place. Cheers for posting, Corky... :thumbup

De nada. It's bittersweet alright.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #1508 on: December 11, 2012, 10:47:25 pm »
The latest news on my student - she finished her proton therapy treatment two weeks ahead of schedule. Flew back to the UK on Thursday, and jet lagged and exhausted, decided that she was so desperate to be back in school that she came in on Friday. The girl is an absolute loony! True to form, she even went and watched rounders practice at lunchtime (though she can't take part yet). The treatment has apparently gone very well, and she will not have to visit a hospital for a while now. They will be keeping a close eye on her with regular check ups and scans, but everyone seems to be really optimistic of success. Please keep your prayers coming as they're obviously doing a good job up to now! Thank you.

This young lady has just had her 16th birthday. As a present she received the news that her second follow up MRI scan was all clear. Her attitude to life is a total inspiration.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1509 on: December 11, 2012, 10:49:14 pm »
This young lady has just had her 16th birthday. As a present she received the news that her second follow up MRI scan was all clear. Her attitude to life is a total inspiration.

Absolutly Amazing News.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: December 12, 2012, 01:00:53 pm »

Fantastic news!! Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing, mate - I'm SO happy for her and her family. Truely am. :thumbup ;D

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #1511 on: December 12, 2012, 01:14:30 pm »
Brilliant news mate, I was thinking of her the other day but was afraid to ask. You've made my day.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: January 15, 2013, 11:10:54 pm »
Mum just got diagnosed with a malignant tumour on her liver this evening. Absolutely bewildered with what to do with myself. Scans tomorrow to find out if its primary or secondary. What a fucking shit bucket this disease is. Can't imagine what's going through Mum's head.

From what I've read, it seems we should be keeping our fingers crossed it's the type that has spread to her liver, and not started there.

:'(

Offline Red Reign

• Anny Roader
  • Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.
Cancer
« Reply #1513 on: January 15, 2013, 11:31:17 pm »
Mum just got diagnosed with a malignant tumour on her liver this evening. Absolutely bewildered with what to do with myself. Scans tomorrow to find out if its primary or secondary. What a fucking shit bucket this disease is. Can't imagine what's going through Mum's head.

From what I've read, it seems we should be keeping our fingers crossed it's the type that has spread to her liver, and not started there.

Best of luck to you and your mum. Praying you get the best possible prognosis.
“Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1514 on: January 15, 2013, 11:33:19 pm »
It's a bitch isn't it?

Dad'll have been gone 5 months in this weekend. I still can't get used to it. I miss him immensely and still sometimes in the middle of the night in streams of tears. I don't think I've had a full nights sleep since he passed away and the image I've got of his last breath is still fresh in my mind. When I go home from uni for the weekend I always make the trip to his grave. I know it may sound mental but I feel a bit of solace and comfort speaking to his headstone, updating him on how we're doing, how Tranmere are doing and letting him know that mum hasn't trashed his car yet! I would do anything to be able to say all that to his face though!

Hope you're mum will be ok mate, it's a tough time but you can all get through it with the treatment given if it's a cancer that'll respond and through being strong as a family!

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #1515 on: January 15, 2013, 11:46:53 pm »
I’ve not been in here for over a year now, lost my Dad and step Dad in 2012 and I just didn’t feel like I wanted to post anything in here, not really sure why. It doesn’t really mater I suppose.

Thanks to all who rallied round and supported me, you guys offered me something so important at that time, it really was a help. Having folk to chat to is always a big help in my experience.

Anyone going through the fight, be it yourself, your family or anyone you’re close to, stay strong and stay positive. This fucker can be beaten!
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: January 15, 2013, 11:50:57 pm »
timiano, I sincerely wish your mum and your family there very best. Please feel free if you to PM me if you need to get things of your chest and do not want to post it in here...

Welshred, there's absolutely nothing wrogn with going your dad's grave and have a chat with. I do that myself and on Feb. 4th it's 8 years ago since he passed. I've gotten a bit more used to him not being around but I miss him every single day. I wear his beloved watch and a gold cross he made as a gold smith apprentice back in the day for my mum every day. That's my way of having him with me in my daily life. I miss him... :sad

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1517 on: January 16, 2013, 08:06:51 am »
To those who have lost a loved one I offer my deepest condolences. I'm bobbing on a bit meself and at 67 am at the head of our family's ladder list. By this I mean that life is seen in our family anyroad as we're all climbing up a ladder until each of us reaches the top or indeed as is sadly sometimes the case, our individual tops. How many rungs I still have left to climb is of course unknown.

I regard ALL of those who've gone before me down this particular road (or more properly I ought to say have completed their individual journies up the ladder) as still being part of my life on a daily basis. I talk to them easily and I mourn all of them gently - and for me it's comforting to know that bthey lived and have gone on before the rest of us follow in our due course.

Good luck to all who are facing this threat - all of the family is involved in the battle. Collectively the struggle strengthens those familial ties. And makes you all special to each other.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:10:18 am by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1518 on: January 16, 2013, 09:10:09 am »

ALl the best mate, fingers crossed.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #1519 on: January 16, 2013, 11:40:00 pm »
Having never come into contact with this fucking awful disease for nearly 27 years, I'm surrounded by it now. Dad is going through early stages of Lymphoma getting treated once a month. Made harder by the fact I'm fully emigrated to Australia and He's in Ireland.

Saw this the other day on Reddit and although I'm almost thirty it made me a bit teary. Good luck to anyone else, of which there is manyt who is being impacted by this bastard of a disease. My deepest sympathies to anyone who has lost some to it.

I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.