Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Alisson has 3 years left on his contract and no top club needs a #1 keeper. Also we;d want over 100 million for him, who's going to pay that for a keeper?
Diffrent situation entirely. We're so far ahead asa club on and off the field then when FSG first took over.

The Kroos phone call wasn't when FSG first took over it was 4 years in and just after we almost won the League in 13-14.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Jwils21 on Today at 11:49:56 pm »
His reputation (which is hugely over exaggerated) preceded him today, when Coufal put the ball out but the officials immediately assumed it was a miss.
Jonathan Pearce on MOTD has clearly received a phone call and asked to say that Taylor noticed that Areola had an injury.
Not sure if commentary is live or recorded afterwards, but there is absolutely no way Pearce makes that comment in game time. No one else had a clue what was going on.
Another reason for the audio to be made available either during the game, or handed over immediately after each and every game to both clubs, so they can assess etc.
Do not allow the PGMOL time to influence, adjust, contact media etc. Allow teams to hear it in game and hand it over after every game. It is the only way to improve standards.

Taylor blew his whistle from 60 yards away, so unless he incredible medical powers then how can he decide to stop play for a foot injury. Why did he physically stop Areola from taking the kick twice, why did he call on the physios and above all why did he tell Areola to go to the floor.

The best bit though is that Gakpo actually waves his arms and asks the assistant on the nearside if he is okay to go for the ball and there is no flag.
We may move trent to sorta mid in a 4 2 3 1  with Mac and Trent  as the double pivot leaving Connor Bradley as the RB with Joe Gomez as the backup?   though if we do go 4 2 3 1 we need a striker who can score goals, jota or Nunez but atm I would trust neither as Jota always seems to be injured and Nunez is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get! to use the phrase.

Rumours of Allison selling his house aswell so abit worrying for me we could and maybe should be looking for

1 LB - Tsimi will perhaps go and Robbo is getting on, though he may last another year
2 CB - Joel Matip replacement, or VVD as he may go, same for Konate he dropped off a cliff
1 DM - Endo while i like him he is not for the future ,  Baj to move back up to the no1 DM
1 LW - Seems Diaz wants to leave so maybe need to replace
1 RW - replacement for Salah as i just cant see Edwards renewing his contract
1 STR - We need a finisher we can rely on and atm I cant see either Jota or Nunez as that guy especially in the 4 2 3 1 formation.
18 goals 12 assists in 54 games, imagine the numbers if he wasn’t totally shit.
Most of his chances aren't from long balls though? We face a lot of low-blocks and he is elite at getting chances for himself against such setups.

Haven't watched a lot of Slot's Feyenoord myself but I don't think we've hired him because his football philosophy is completely different to Klopp's, on the contrary in fact.

We can see Slot's preferred 9 at Feyenoord is considerably less effective in possession than Darwin (in a much, much easier league) so I personally don't see how it would be an issue.

You're in for a surprise because the only similarity is a close enough formation and heavy pressing without the ball. On the ball, unless won high up the pitch which they're good at, it's actually not get the ball 'forward and fast'. There is a an obsession with control and a methodical approach to opening up the space that the wingers at the top of the pitch can exploit. It's not quite City level but it certainly differs from how we play now.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Last post by Jwils21 on Today at 11:46:56 pm »
First seven games unbeaten, then we’re fucked over by VAR against Spurs. Despite the odds being against us we battle on, only to lose due to an unfortunate OG.
Denied a clear penalty against Arsenal and go onto draw the game.
Denied a clear penalty against City in the last minute and go on to draw.
We’ve now fallen away from the top 2, but today brought another farcical refereeing decision.

As if the shambolic refereeing, PGMOL boys club and forensic overanalysis by VAR weren’t enough, you’ve then got the complete circus that surrounds the game.

Rather than being called out as outrageous, the above decisions become “discourse”. Talking points for vacant headed tribalistic point scoring online, cheap narratives and content generators for media companies. They absolutely lap it up, they love pointing the finger at the “moaning scousers” rather than actually calling out this blatant incompetence.

It might be naivety, but in my 20+ years of being an “active” fan I’ve never known it to be like this. Maybe it’s the cost of success, but the mud slinging and bile directed at us is off the scale. Between that and the PGMOL boys club trying to become the chief orchestrators of the league, no I’m not really enjoying it at the mo.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: New Kit thread
« Last post by redgriffin73 on Today at 11:46:50 pm »
Just making the yellow pin stripes normal instead of the weird YNWA pattern would've improved it by about 80%,  otherwise it's just very busy and meh.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Dim Glas on Today at 11:46:12 pm »
Apologies, been out all day and didnt know that , is there some footage doing the rounds?

https://x.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1784236847402549662
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10