Author Topic: America/Canada/Mexico hold the 2026 world cup  (Read 16431 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: America/Canada/Mexico hold the 2026 world cup
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2022, 10:16:32 pm »
I'm going to miss the convenient times for this World Cup. The evening games in 2026 will be midnight at the earliest

Be good for me :P

Am gonna make a plan or 2 to go see a game hopefully.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2022, 10:46:22 pm »
I'm going to miss the convenient times for this World Cup. The evening games in 2026 will be midnight at the earliest

Yeah it’s not good. I ain’t staying up just to watch a WC game or England for that matter. Perfect times at least this year

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2022, 10:56:09 pm »
I dunno guys, I thought the kickoff times for the Brazil WC were pretty close on perfect. 5pm, 9pm and 11pm mainly. They won't be that different in 2026, apart from late west coast games. I mean, you could go to bed at 11-ish but why do that if you've got Cameroon vs Serbia just about to start?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2022, 11:08:03 pm »
I dunno guys, I thought the kickoff times for the Brazil WC were pretty close on perfect. 5pm, 9pm and 11pm mainly. They won't be that different in 2026, apart from late west coast games. I mean, you could go to bed at 11-ish but why do that if you've got Cameroon vs Serbia just about to start?

Most of Brazil is 3 hours behind us - and I think probably all the stadiums would have been. The US is between 5 and 8 hours behind us.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2022, 07:40:44 pm »

'2026 World Cup expansion increases logistics concerns':-

www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2022/12/08/Events-and-Attractions/2026-world-cup.aspx

'The tournament will “have 48 countries instead of 32,” but FIFA is “reviewing its plan of having 16 groups of three teams in the first phase, with two from each qualifying.” Sources say that having 12 groups of four teams is “now the favoured format among FIFA’s leaders -- especially given that more matches mean more money from TV rights.” That would mean 104 matches compared with 64 at the World Cup in Qatar, and experts said that would take “at least 35 days to fit in" compared with 29 days for this tournament and 32 in Russia 2018.'
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2022, 08:10:25 pm »
Most of Brazil is 3 hours behind us - and I think probably all the stadiums would have been. The US is between 5 and 8 hours behind us.

Think England played Brazil in Manaus, deep in the Amazon and that was in a different time zone? Seemed to recall it kicking off later than most games but I’m with Ray, watching them late when I have the TV to myself is always better.

Like a Sunday night watching the end of the golf or NFL. But for a month. And a better sport.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2022, 08:49:46 pm »

Brazil is 4 hours behind UK time, i remember England vs Italy in Manaus originally scheduled for 10pm local [2am UK time] after the draw was made, but was moved to 7pm [11pm UK time]

#Sausages

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2022, 09:10:53 pm »
Brazil is 4 hours behind UK time, i remember England vs Italy in Manaus originally scheduled for 10pm local [2am UK time] after the draw was made, but was moved to 7pm [11pm UK time]

The vast majority is 3 hours behind, hence why I said most. I wasn't sure about Manaus and couldn't be bothered to look it up.  ;)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2022, 09:33:48 pm »
Must admit, it feels like a proper world cup when a match kicks off 11pm UK time. ;D

The 2026 world cup plans are for a 48 team world cup, so plenty of matches [mostly group matches] will be kicking off 1am UK time.
#Sausages

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2022, 05:54:00 pm »
Way better time zone for me.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2022, 06:28:22 pm »
FIFA, or the idea of penalties to decide to group matches? ;)

I truly can't remember the last good idea FIFA had...

Bringing VAR into the game of course... :lmao
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2022, 07:25:11 pm »
has it been mentioned already whether this will ba soccer world cup or a football world cup?

i know the term soccer comes from 'association' football but you get my drift

and is it going to be referees or pitch-umpires

will the term 'football pitch' totally confuse people who watch both american football and baseball?

i can imagine the commentary 'kane enters the penalty zone where he is tackled by the right field quarter centre back who declares a time out due to a pitch umpire interference'

only having a laugh my american canadian and mexican cousins  :wave

but just don't let diana ross take any penalties
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2022, 07:31:02 pm »
I feel like those ‘jokes’ are about 20 years too late (if there where even in back then too  ;D ) considering how popular footy is over ‘ere!

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2022, 07:33:18 pm »
I feel like those ‘jokes’ are about 20 years too late (if there where even in back then too  ;D ) considering how popular footy is over ‘ere!

sums me up  :wave
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2022, 08:04:16 pm »
has it been mentioned already whether this will ba soccer world cup or a football world cup?

will the term 'football pitch' totally confuse people who watch both american football and baseball?

i can imagine the commentary 'kane enters the penalty zone where he is tackled by the right field quarter centre back who declares a time out due to a pitch umpire interference'

Taylor Swift is practicing pens as we speak.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2022, 08:42:30 pm »
Taylor Swift is practicing pens as we speak.

taylor swift dressed in a football/soccer shirt  :P

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2022, 10:52:14 pm »
taylor swift dressed in a football/soccer shirt  :P

Jesus is there nothing she can't do?  ;)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2022, 06:04:38 pm »
 A remake of The Shining ?

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2022, 09:41:18 pm »

You certainly don't struggle to find a pub to watch the match in when you visit the US now anyway!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2022, 10:03:43 am »
Jesus is there nothing she can't do?  ;)

Sing
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2022, 10:54:09 am »

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2022, 11:11:48 am »
You certainly don't struggle to find a pub to watch the match in when you visit the US now anyway!
I think you mean Sports Bar and Grill.

(I'm a huge fan of North American sports btw)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2022, 12:41:03 pm »
Yeah it’s not good. I ain’t staying up just to watch a WC game or England for that matter. Perfect times at least this year

I'm wondering if they will have game starts at different times to try to pander to the european market

Seeing as it will be a summer world cup, kicking off in Atlanta or in the afternoon will be pretty much impossible. Miami and Mexico City may as well be Qatar as it will be proper hot and unplayable during the day in the summer. Vancouver and Toronto can probably have earlier kick offs which could be better for Europe watching times.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2022, 01:11:33 pm »
So, do we know what time in Europe we will be watching the matches? Is it gonna be similar to USA 1994? I remember many matches were played noon time to accommodate.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2022, 01:12:47 pm »

It always amuses me when Brits get digs in about Americans calling it 'soccer' when this has been on our screens for over 20 years in addition to 'Soccer AM' and 'Soccer Special'

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2022, 01:23:59 pm »
That’s just alliteration though Barney. :D

Play Premier League games a day earlier and it would be Football Friday.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2022, 01:29:28 pm »
That’s just alliteration though Barney. :D

Play Premier League games a day earlier and it would be Football Friday.

What about Monday? This Monday, not next Monday
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2022, 01:41:18 pm »
What about Monday? This Monday, not next Monday

Mancfest Monday usually.

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2022, 06:15:43 pm »
I'm wondering if they will have game starts at different times to try to pander to the european market

Seeing as it will be a summer world cup, kicking off in Atlanta or in the afternoon will be pretty much impossible. Miami and Mexico City may as well be Qatar as it will be proper hot and unplayable during the day in the summer. Vancouver and Toronto can probably have earlier kick offs which could be better for Europe watching times.

:lmao

Of course FIFA did.

How about 2:30 pm kickoff time in Dallas when it was 100 degrees? I was there. Went to 4 matches at the Cotton Bowl. Always in the afternoon.

Have a look:
https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/1994usa

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2022, 06:23:53 pm »
So, do we know what time in Europe we will be watching the matches? Is it gonna be similar to USA 1994? I remember many matches were played noon time to accommodate.

If FiFA plan for 4 matches a day, with the expanded world cup, kickoff times could well be 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm EST, add 5 hours for UK time
#Sausages

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2022, 07:17:20 pm »
Me and my pals are planning on going to this as most of us turn 40 that year (I can’t believe I just typed that age out!).

Initial plans are to do a game in each country but we’ll have how that plays out when the games (and cost) get set out.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2022, 08:06:28 pm »

Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and LA are all indoor venues, so no problem with the weather for the games held there, so those kickoff times can be pretty flexible along with Vancouver, Toronto, Seattle and San Fran, timezones not withstanding. Guadalajara and Mexico City will probably be greater challenges not from the heat, but the elevation. Estadio Akron (Guadalajara) is about 5,200 feet above sea level and the Azteca is about 7,400 feet above sea level. Being that high up should at least keep temps cooler than normal for those areas.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 08:14:19 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2022, 11:17:09 pm »
Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and LA are all indoor venues, so no problem with the weather for the games held there, so those kickoff times can be pretty flexible along with Vancouver, Toronto, Seattle and San Fran, timezones not withstanding. Guadalajara and Mexico City will probably be greater challenges not from the heat, but the elevation. Estadio Akron (Guadalajara) is about 5,200 feet above sea level and the Azteca is about 7,400 feet above sea level. Being that high up should at least keep temps cooler than normal for those areas.
My guess is they try play The games in outdoor hot venues as the late games. Knowing Fifa they probably mess up that but can easily do one of Atl,Dallas,Houston, Tor as the noon game, do a not as hot venue at 3 in whatever time zone, 6pm east coast outside in Mia, NY,Phi then late game from Mexico or something like that.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2022, 11:22:26 pm »

If FiFA plan for 4 matches a day, with the expanded world cup, kickoff times could well be 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm EST, add 5 hours for UK time
Fucking hell I remember the last World Cup held there, up til 3am watching matches, I'd say a fair few will just watch next day replays.

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 21, 2022, 12:03:54 am »

Nice that some of the venues are aircon'd for the match.

But where do the teams train? They aren't going to let a team train at Jerry Jones palace on a weekly basis.

Iirc, Brazil trained at Greenhill school in North Dallas. Our secretary for International sales went there to watch them train. Why there? The only decent grass pitch at the time. Most stadiums are artificial surfaces around Dallas.
They trained in the morning, then came back in the early evening to train. They stayed out of the 100 degree midday temps. Although it was still 90 degrees by 9am.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2022, 01:10:03 am »
Fucking hell I remember the last World Cup held there, up til 3am watching matches, I'd say a fair few will just watch next day replays.

Yeah, late night kickoffs are part of the fun when the world cup is held in North/South America, ;D but a load will bin the overnight match.

The 4 matches a day could only be for the group matches, could still go with 2 matches a day in the knockout rounds, kickoffs in the knockout rounds could well be 12pm & 3pm EST, to suit the European times.

If the final is in Dallas, i'd expect kickoff be 2 or 3pm EST, if it's in LA again then kickoff will be between 3pm & 4pm EST.
#Sausages

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2022, 01:18:52 am »

But where do the teams train? They aren't going to let a team train at Jerry Jones palace on a weekly basis.

Iirc, Brazil trained at Greenhill school in North Dallas. Our secretary for International sales went there to watch them train. Why there? The only decent grass pitch at the time. Most stadiums are artificial surfaces around Dallas.
They trained in the morning, then came back in the early evening to train. They stayed out of the 100 degree midday temps. Although it was still 90 degrees by 9am.
Probably at MLS/Liga MX teams facilities

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2022, 02:27:30 am »

I don't know, NFL training camp doesn't start until the last 2 weeks of July, world cup final could well be before then, some NFL practice facilities could well be used, Jerry World could well be used if Jerry Jones gets a good deal

Plus some of the NFL practice facilities are next to the stadiums, i know the Giants facility is behind the Met Life, Niners have their practice facility next to Levi's stadium
#Sausages

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2022, 03:10:20 am »

It’s not 1994 anymore, there should and will be plenty of facilities for teams to practice at.  ;)

FC Dallas and their impressive facilities could probably host two or more national teams alone up in Frisco.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2022, 03:53:20 am »
I don't know, NFL training camp doesn't start until the last 2 weeks of July, world cup final could well be before then, some NFL practice facilities could well be used, Jerry World could well be used if Jerry Jones gets a good deal

Plus some of the NFL practice facilities are next to the stadiums, i know the Giants facility is behind the Met Life, Niners have their practice facility next to Levi's stadium

The Stadium is in Arlington.

The Cowboys training facilities are in Frisco. Depending on traffic, a good hour away.

I moved away about when it was getting finished. They did help build the High School a new stadium and that was artificial turf, which the Cowboys also use. I think they do have one practice field that is grass.