Author Topic: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...continues  (Read 4370 times)

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...continues
« on: April 5, 2011, 02:52:46 pm »
There's going to be a sequel to the sequel!

Bill and Ted's return: too bodacious?

There have been a slew of belated sequels at cinemas lately. Some, like Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, arrived for reasons of historical opportunism. Others turned up for reasons no one could really fathom: Tron Legacy arrived last year as a weirdly grandiose afterglow to a sweet little lo-fi 1980s offering.

• Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
  • Production year: 1988
  • Cert (UK): PG
  • Directors: Stephen Herek
  • Cast: Alex Winter, Keanu Reeves
  • More on this film
  For me, the forthcoming Bill and Ted "threequel" most definitely falls into the latter category. But back in September when this story first broke, it was remarkable to see quite how much readers of this site were champing at the bit for the return of the Wyld Stallyns and their bemusingly basic 80s rocker worldview.
Big-hair metal fans will no doubt be turning their amps up to 11 again as Keanu Reeves has revealed a few snippets of the plot for the new movie, which is currently being written. Reeves, 46, (yes, 46) says it will focus on Bill and Ted's efforts to live up to predictions of greatness made for them in 1991 sequel Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey – you know, the one in which the Death guy from Bergman's The Seventh Seal turns up and challenges the duo to a game for their souls.
"When we last got together, part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn't happened," said Reeves. "So they've now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there's an element of time and they have to go back." He added: "I believe the writers are six weeks away from a draft."
So there you have it. Alex Winter, aka Bill, who hasn't been seen much on a big screen in the last decade, is also on board for this one, so it's not all some terrible dream that can be banished by trying really, really hard to wake up. There really is going to be a 40-something Bill and Ted movie in cinemas sometime soon. Can this be a good thing?

Stupider than stupid, but I still loved the original. I will have to see this.  :o

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...continues
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2011, 02:57:27 pm »
Given Keanu's agelessness I'm surprised they're not doing a prequel.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2011, 02:57:48 pm »
Ahhh mate, awesome crap. I wanna watch this. Almost as good as Waynes World :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2011, 02:58:17 pm »
Ahhh mate, awesome crap. I wanna watch this. Almost as good as Waynes World :)

Party Time! Excellent. ;D

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2011, 03:00:08 pm »
Hollywood is an Ouroboros. Except instead of the tail into the mouth - they are in the midst of a cranium enema.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2011, 03:01:20 pm »
Hollywood is an Ouroboros. Except instead of the tail into the mouth - they are in the midst of a cranium enema.

Whoaa, like, totally So-krates.

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2011, 03:13:06 pm »
Station!

Just been reading this very article and have decided I'm all in favour of it until it turns out to be dire, at which point I'll suggest they probably shouldn't have bothered.

Won't be the same without Carlin...

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 5, 2011, 03:17:52 pm »
Station!

Just been reading this very article and have decided I'm all in favour of it until it turns out to be dire, at which point I'll suggest they probably shouldn't have bothered.

Won't be the same without Carlin...

It will be a travesty. Bill and Ted were of their time. They are either going to make an irrelevant retread of the first 2 films, or completely bastardise them. Either way, it'll be shite. Youth culture is of its time. Revisiting it invariably fails to recapture the magic and is just depressing.

Have any of the Hollywood remakes and belated sequels been worth the effort of making?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #8 on: April 5, 2011, 03:26:48 pm »

Have any of the Hollywood remakes and belated sequels been worth the effort of making?

True Grit.

The Batman films...although they were a reboot.

But not much else.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 5, 2011, 03:28:56 pm »
True Grit.

The Batman films...although they were a reboot.

But not much else.

The Coen Brothers don't count as Hollywood. And they made the book rather than remake the John Wayne film...

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 5, 2011, 03:29:14 pm »
Terminator?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11 on: April 5, 2011, 03:33:36 pm »
The Coen Brothers don't count as Hollywood. And they made the book rather than remake the John Wayne film...

Fair point.
Terminator?

The Bale one was rubbish, T3 was atrocious.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Cragsi

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: April 5, 2011, 04:04:33 pm »
SIXTY NINE DUDE!!! *plays air guitar*
Riding through dust clouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attaaaaaack...

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 5, 2011, 04:05:30 pm »
Bale one was shit, but apart from American Psycho and The Machinist i find him a shit actor anyway.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 5, 2011, 05:22:31 pm »
:lmao wow. I can't quite believe that. But out of morbid curiosity I think I'd actually see it. "EXCELLENT!"

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 5, 2011, 05:32:52 pm »
Bogus.

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 5, 2011, 05:40:50 pm »
Keanu Reeves is the worst fuckin actor I have ever seen. He has bullshitted his way through a career, looking more wooden than Rooneys Cock as he walks through a Derby and Joan Christmas Party.

This has got to be an April Fool!
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 5, 2011, 05:51:02 pm »
Given Keanu's agelessness I'm surprised they're not doing a prequel.

F*cking hell!! he looks younger now!!

Keanu Reeves is the worst fuckin actor I have ever seen. He has bullshitted his way through a career, looking more wooden than Rooneys Cock as he walks through a Derby and Joan Christmas Party.

You need to see more movies mate if hes the worst actor you've seen

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #18 on: April 5, 2011, 06:21:58 pm »
This news has given me a full-on robot chubby.

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #19 on: April 5, 2011, 06:26:36 pm »
Best.  News.  EVER!!!!!
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #20 on: April 5, 2011, 06:55:55 pm »

Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Oh.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline crasher1in

• Kopite
  • he who hesitates, masturbates
« Reply #21 on: April 5, 2011, 07:03:04 pm »
Also Keanu is the man from earth……. ;D

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 5, 2011, 08:52:33 pm »
Also Keanu is the man from earth……. ;D

Is the 26AD one a prototype for the Care Bears?

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #23 on: April 6, 2011, 12:51:12 am »
:lmao

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Please tell me this is a windup? I watched "Excellent adventure" for the first time in about 15 years a few weeks ago. It's drivel of the worst kind, and that's coming from someone who, when he was younger, liked it. Hand on heart, it's up there with the worst movies i've ever seen, it really is. The idea that they're going to make a third......well it defies belief.

Oh well, good luck to them, but you can't polish a turd ;D
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #24 on: April 6, 2011, 12:55:29 am »
Way.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 09:05:17 am »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 09:33:56 am »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2019, 10:22:55 am »
Missus had no idea what I was laughing at when saw making a new one - gonna have to watch both of them soon now :lmao
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2019, 10:29:15 am »
Awesome!!

Loved those films growing up, so bad they are good.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2019, 10:57:02 am »
They look nervous as fuck in that video and should've just done it in character.

Loved Bill and Ted (who didn't), but this is either going to be really, really, really heinous or just totally excellent!

I hope it's is boss, but I really hope that they don't get a scriptwriter who is a Johnny on the go who just watches the first two and makes a fucking cash grab.

Without reading anything on it, it'd be great to have the time travel elements in it, but I'm fully expecting some woeful CGI (ala Arnie in T5) and some utter cheese on toast. 

Fingers fucking crossed anyway... But I hope they don't have lip-synching like at the end of Bogus Journey - even as a kid, watching it in a theatre, I turned to my mates and said 'That's not them, it's Kiss', I was universally ripped by each and every one of them; don't forget, this is a time when Wrestling was still seen as being 'real' by many... got fucking pure ripped by the lot of them until I got the soundtrack off my sister for my birthday and showed them - they were still convinced it was them.

Anyhow, Keanu Reaves defo plays the guitar and was in a band afterwards (was it Dogstar or was that Johnny Depp's band?), and I think Alex Winter was in a band after Bill and Ted... So it'd be great to see them incorporate that somehow. Either way, I'm sure Reeves' band got lambasted at a gig and booed off stage for being absolute horseshit!

Regardless, i'll see it anyway and will be happy to go and see the kip of the audience now. 

Oh and Alex Winter looks like Mesut Ozil's dad.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2019, 04:07:17 pm »
Can't decide how I feel about this yet. Like everyone here I'll probably go see it no matter what though, which I guess is what Hollywood execs are banking on!

I hope it's is boss, but I really hope that they don't get a scriptwriter who is a Johnny on the go who just watches the first two and makes a fucking cash grab.

They've already confirmed that the original scriptwriters will take the reins again. One of them hasn't written a screenplay since 2013 though! But the other (Ed Solomon) at least wrote Men in Black and more recently Now You See Me. So they're obviously looking to recapture the original magic. William Sadler has also signed on, who played the grim reaper. Won't be quite the same without Carlin though.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2019, 04:31:42 pm »
Least they're not doing a reboot.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2019, 04:32:11 pm »
Least they're not doing a reboot.

And hopefully Paul Feig won't be involved.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2019, 04:36:54 pm »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2019, 04:39:34 pm »

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Please tell me this is a windup? I watched "Excellent adventure" for the first time in about 15 years a few weeks ago. It's drivel of the worst kind, and that's coming from someone who, when he was younger, liked it. Hand on heart, it's up there with the worst movies i've ever seen, it really is. The idea that they're going to make a third......well it defies belief.

Watch it again. You were right the first time!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2019, 05:24:24 pm »
And hopefully Paul Feig won't be involved.

Willomena and Tedwina - Wyld Mares.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2019, 09:30:21 am »
Wonder if the Princesses will be along for the ride

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2019, 12:19:33 pm »

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2019, 03:36:31 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FPD5q6DC43M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FPD5q6DC43M</a>

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2019, 08:59:59 pm »
Wonder if the Princesses will be along for the ride

I hope so.

I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.