Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 593982 times)

Online Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #2920 on: May 13, 2018, 11:31:22 pm »
A classy player, but the final is too soon for him. He'll be on the bench no doubt, but he'll only be brought on if there's 20 minutes to go and we've run out of ideas.

A full summer getting fit and it will feel like a new signing for next season.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2921 on: May 14, 2018, 12:47:49 am »
pleased with him: thought his cameo would be more low-key, but he got in the heat of things and had his trademark turns going at full steam. Maybe the Final is a bit too early for him, but then again I was sure Mane wouldn't play today.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2922 on: May 14, 2018, 12:57:30 am »
A classy player, but the final is too soon for him. He'll be on the bench no doubt, but he'll only be brought on if there's 20 minutes to go and we've run out of ideas.

Great to have him back in our thinking, but he won't be brought on out of desperation.

Offline alecs goal

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2923 on: June 2, 2018, 10:37:25 pm »
get rid soon as, his England career is more important to him, we don't need a 30yr old injury prone player (no matter how good he is at his best), we're building a team not accommodating ageing potential, we're having a progressive season in which he's only started a handful of games, so he is definitely not critical to us going forward.
got slated for this, but unfortunately for us it's true, doesn't offer enough, certainly when missed most of season with injury, however got to England training four days early in a last ditch bid to get a place. Not a personal attack on him, but he's not the future.... winged eel fingerling.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2924 on: June 2, 2018, 10:55:58 pm »
got slated for this, but unfortunately for us it's true, doesn't offer enough, certainly when missed most of season with injury, however got to England training four days early in a last ditch bid to get a place. Not a personal attack on him, but he's not the future.... winged eel fingerling.

What a massively stupid post!

What's bad about him training hard for England? He managed to somehow get himself fit enough to play the CL final for us, so why would you hold him working hard during his holidays against him.

Also "potential"? Have you not seen him playing for us before?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2925 on: June 2, 2018, 10:57:32 pm »

That just means that he's trying his hardest to get back to where he was, for both England and us. His England career is not any more important than his Liverpool career is, he just wants to be playing regularly again. The upcoming World Cup was probably his last chance to play in one, I wouldn't be surprised if he retires from international duty in the next couple of years.

Of course he's not the future, he's 30, but he is still an important player for us and Klopp likes him a lot.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #2926 on: June 2, 2018, 10:57:58 pm »

Think that's harsh. The lads had a shit time of it. The WC timing is purely coincidental. I hope he makes it personally. He could do with the fitness.

He was one of our best performers before he got injured.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2927 on: June 2, 2018, 10:58:04 pm »
Who’d want to play at a World Cup?

Oh... every football, player on the planet...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2928 on: June 2, 2018, 11:09:05 pm »
Don't know about the World Cup shout, but I think Lallana is quite expendable this summer. Injury record is of massive concern and he's no spring chicken. Looks like we'll be pretty decently stocked there too.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2929 on: June 2, 2018, 11:17:36 pm »
Don't know about the World Cup shout, but I think Lallana is quite expendable this summer. Injury record is of massive concern and he's no spring chicken. Looks like we'll be pretty decently stocked there too.

End the season desperately lacking midfielders. Get a midfielder. Suddenly advocate needlessly selling a good midfielder because we're decently stocked.

Who needs squads anyway! Should have sold Milner at the start of last season too

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2930 on: June 2, 2018, 11:32:46 pm »
wouldnt be shocked if he went in the summer of 2019 but he’s still needed here

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #2931 on: June 3, 2018, 12:43:25 am »
If he was a foreign player I could see him go, being English I think he will be staying.

I couldn’t imagine we would get a earth shattering fee for him at this moment either and I presume his wages aren’t sending us broke.

Thought he played very well for the final, realistically was never going to replicate Mo’s importance to us and in the back of my mind I had him doing a 05 Harry Kewell on us but he was durable enough to last the 70 minutes. However, I was kinda thinking Moreno would have been a better swap at the time with Mo laid out in he middle of the pitch, I really would like to see Alberto atleast tried out in the LF/LW positions before he inevitably is sent away. In my mind he just isn’t a full back or a wing back, doesn’t possess the required traits for that much defensive responsibility.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2932 on: June 3, 2018, 03:02:56 am »

He offered plenty for us the year before, and was very important through out the year. He didn't offer anything this past season because he's been injured for the entirety of it.

Him wanting to play for his country at the World Cup, is what every player on the planet would do.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2933 on: June 3, 2018, 03:04:29 am »
End the season desperately lacking midfielders. Get a midfielder. Suddenly advocate needlessly selling a good midfielder because we're decently stocked.

Who needs squads anyway! Should have sold Milner at the start of last season too

We will have three new midfielders come the start of the season if we sign Fekir.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2934 on: June 3, 2018, 03:08:50 am »
We will have three new midfielders come the start of the season if we sign Fekir.

Who is the third midfielder?

Henderson,Fabinho

Wijnaldum,Milner

Keita,Lallana

Ox won't be available until January so we can't really depend on him. Even if we do sign another midfielder, it's essentially the same thing we had last season : Can,Henderson,Milner,Ox,Wijnaldum,Coutinho [not counting Lallana as he was injured to start the season]

And we all know we rotated heavily and needed everyone, especially towards the last two parts of the season.

If you want to compete on all fronts, you need options and quality options. We need to be stacked.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: June 3, 2018, 05:42:23 am »
Who is the third midfielder?

Henderson,Fabinho

Wijnaldum,Milner

Keita,Lallana

Ox won't be available until January so we can't really depend on him. Even if we do sign another midfielder, it's essentially the same thing we had last season : Can,Henderson,Milner,Ox,Wijnaldum,Coutinho [not counting Lallana as he was injured to start the season]

And we all know we rotated heavily and needed everyone, especially towards the last two parts of the season.

If you want to compete on all fronts, you need options and quality options. We need to be stacked.

I believe he's saying Fekir would be the 3rd midfielder.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2936 on: June 3, 2018, 07:37:50 am »
& if we did get Fekir and sold Lallana, we'd be dependent on the former hitting the ground running. He may do; he may not. Milner is more likely to be off next summer. I think they'll gradually phase out as and when, which should be a relief as it allows us to integrate into a system that most are familiar with, rather than constantly being in transition. Lallana, when fit, is one of the homegrown nation's most natural talents - I tend to think only a plonker wouldn't want him here.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2937 on: June 3, 2018, 08:04:39 am »
Assuming we bring in Fekir, I think our midfield 3 will be Fabinho, Keita providing the ball winning and impetus and defensive ability, whilst Fekir is in a more advanced role behind our front 3, free to roam into that space (perhaps even interchange with Firmino when he drops deeper as he often does). Henderson seems the likely deputy for the deepest CM or holding midfield player, whilst both he and Gini can probably deputise in that athletic box-box type player role that Keita will more than likely take. We don't seem to have too much depth in that advanced midfielder/Coutinho role. AOC, though a different type of player, has had a bright start there in his time with us but he could well be out for much of the next season as we don't have a timeline for his recovery. Milner who had a very good Champions League, provides a bit of versatility and is a cool, calm leader who has plenty of experience about him.

I don't know where the likes of Lallana, Grujic or Woodburn really fit in. to be honest they don't really have one strong position, or in the case of the latter 2 probably haven't had enough opportunities to see where they really contribute to the team. Lallana seems to be a Klopp favourite and I suspect he'll be shoehorned to be that advanced CM while the new signings settle into the pace of the team and league, and while AOC is still recovering/rehabilitating. I don't think he quite has the pace or explosiveness to play effectively in the front 3. to be honest to me that looks like quite good selection for 3 midfield roles : Keita, Fabinho, Fekir, Hendo, Gini, Lallana, Milner and AOC. There is plenty of talent, athleticism, leadership there. We've got players that can do the legwork as well as some options that can carry the ball and be good in tight spaces, as well as players that distribute well. Within that bunch I think there is probably some goal threat too. There is a good level of versatility and freshness there. I don't think we will miss Emre Can at all.

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: June 3, 2018, 09:31:32 am »
Assuming we bring in Fekir, I think our midfield 3 will be Fabinho, Keita providing the ball winning and impetus and defensive ability, whilst Fekir is in a more advanced role behind our front 3, free to roam into that space (perhaps even interchange with Firmino when he drops deeper as he often does). Henderson seems the likely deputy for the deepest CM or holding midfield player, whilst both he and Gini can probably deputise in that athletic box-box type player role that Keita will more than likely take. We don't seem to have too much depth in that advanced midfielder/Coutinho role. AOC, though a different type of player, has had a bright start there in his time with us but he could well be out for much of the next season as we don't have a timeline for his recovery. Milner who had a very good Champions League, provides a bit of versatility and is a cool, calm leader who has plenty of experience about him.

I don't know where the likes of Lallana, Grujic or Woodburn really fit in. to be honest they don't really have one strong position, or in the case of the latter 2 probably haven't had enough opportunities to see where they really contribute to the team. Lallana seems to be a Klopp favourite and I suspect he'll be shoehorned to be that advanced CM while the new signings settle into the pace of the team and league, and while AOC is still recovering/rehabilitating. I don't think he quite has the pace or explosiveness to play effectively in the front 3. to be honest to me that looks like quite good selection for 3 midfield roles : Keita, Fabinho, Fekir, Hendo, Gini, Lallana, Milner and AOC. There is plenty of talent, athleticism, leadership there. We've got players that can do the legwork as well as some options that can carry the ball and be good in tight spaces, as well as players that distribute well. Within that bunch I think there is probably some goal threat too. There is a good level of versatility and freshness there. I don't think we will miss Emre Can at all.

Last Season (minutes played):
DM: Henderson (3286), Can (2973)
CM: Wijnaldum (3603), Milner (2767)
AM: Oxlade (2074), Lallana(461), Coutinho* (916)         
*50% of Coutinho minutes

Ignoring quality, that's a healthy level of game time for everyone. Lallana's minutes are low due to injury, and Oxlade took a little time to settle, but we had enough coverage to allow for that. It got a little thin in the back half of the season but if we had Coutinho we probably would have been fine. Logically speaking Fabinho replacing Can and Fekir replacing Coutinho (50:50 mid/attack) rebalances the midfield numbers. Keita is an extra body, Grujic would be two.

Compare that to the attack:
Firmino (4188), Salah (4116) Mane (3559) Coutinho* (916)
*50% of Coutinho total minutes

There's definately an unhealthy imbalance with all three of them playing way too many minutes, and made worse when Coutinho left. We got lucky in terms of health and I wouldn't want us to repeat that gamble. If Fekir plays 50% midfield 50% attack then we are probably one player short of necessary in attack and one player too many in midfield. That might prove to be alright in midfield in a world cup year but I'd hope longer term we balanced that out.
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2939 on: June 3, 2018, 09:43:04 am »
Last Season (minutes played):
DM: Henderson (3286), Can (2973)
CM: Wijnaldum (3603), Milner (2767)
AM: Oxlade (2074), Lallana(461), Coutinho* (916)         
*50% of Coutinho minutes

Ignoring quality, that's a healthy level of game time for everyone. Lallana's minutes are low due to injury, and Oxlade took a little time to settle, but we had enough coverage to allow for that. It got a little thin in the back half of the season but if we had Coutinho we probably would have been fine. Logically speaking Fabinho replacing Can and Fekir replacing Coutinho (50:50 mid/attack) rebalances the midfield numbers. Keita is an extra body, Grujic would be two.

Compare that to the attack:
Firmino (4188), Salah (4116) Mane (3559) Coutinho* (916)
*50% of Coutinho total minutes

There's definately an unhealthy imbalance with all three of them playing way too many minutes, and made worse when Coutinho left. We got lucky in terms of health and I wouldn't want us to repeat that gamble. If Fekir plays 50% midfield 50% attack then we are probably one player short of necessary in attack and one player too many in midfield. That might prove to be alright in midfield in a world cup year but I'd hope longer term we balanced that out.

They're untouchable though that's the problem

If we had peak Gerrard and Mascherano in the midfield I'd dare say they'd be getting far more than the average minutes our current ones are getting
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: June 3, 2018, 09:52:41 am »

If we had peak Gerrard and Mascherano in the midfield I'd dare say they'd be getting far more than the average minutes our current ones are getting

True and I'm okay with that if it's a choice rather than reliance. But I don't see Ings and Solanke as the same sort of level as  Wijnaldum, Lallana, Milner or Henderson. We've got choices in midfield, we're really relying on our attack with little/nothing as adequate cover.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2941 on: June 3, 2018, 10:47:34 am »

Untouchable only because we had no-one else to play there. The same could be said of our front 3, although our front 3 actually were on a totally different playing level and even if we had better players on the bench, they would not have displaced our front 3.

Assuming we get Fekir in, I think we have satisfactory depth in the midfield. Lallana is a part of that, particularly without knowing what AOC will be like and how long he will be out. Roughly we have 7-8 players covering 3 positions which is good. It'll mean that the majority get plenty of games and a few will be on the fringes and perhaps be less relied on unless there are some injuries. It'll also take some pressure off the new signings because we have options and so if they take some time getting up to speed with the tactics, we can still just revert to the same midfield that did pretty well for much of the season and got us to the CL final.

The real problem is up front where we have no depth and the options on the bench probably aren't good enough. I think theres a question mark over Lallana providing some cover there. I know Klopp utilised him there in the final and has utilised him there previously but IMHO I don't think he's quick enough or has the skill set to play in the front 3.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2942 on: June 3, 2018, 12:10:14 pm »
Untouchable only because we had no-one else to play there. The same could be said of our front 3, although our front 3 actually were on a totally different playing level and even if we had better players on the bench, they would not have displaced our front 3.

Untouchable because they're absolutely brilliant.

We obviously need to try and work towards having, if not as good, much better back up to the front three but its certainly not that easy. All three of them are almost at an elite level, if Keita comes in and has the sort of impact we're expecting then he'll play far more often than any of the CMs this season
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2943 on: June 3, 2018, 01:04:00 pm »
There will be more matches to play next season as I think we will be going farther in the League and FA Cups with some better draws. There will be matches for Lallana to play, and we will be able to manage his match time.

I think Keita will not just come in like some robot and perform. It may take a while for him to adjust to the physicality, the pace and the fixture congestion. The shift for Fabinho from Lique 1 to the PL will be an even bigger one.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2944 on: June 3, 2018, 03:16:49 pm »
Adam is probably high on the list of players who we should upgrade on in the near future, but no way is it happening this summer. If he is fit to play we’ll give him plenty of minutes. Still one of our most creative and silky players.

Shame he never hit his form this season due to injuries, I miss seeing him play.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: June 3, 2018, 03:57:08 pm »

I don’t see the point in upgrading Lallana, he’s not the type that relies on pace so I think there are 3 good seasons ahead of him and we need his experience

It’s a shame that for all of his quality he doesn’t translate that into meaningful impact but the guy is 30 this year so time has run out for him to be a double figures goals and assists player for us consistently

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2946 on: June 3, 2018, 04:43:40 pm »
Adam is probably high on the list of players who we should upgrade on in the near future, but no way is it happening this summer. If he is fit to play we’ll give him plenty of minutes. Still one of our most creative and silky players.

Shame he never hit his form this season due to injuries, I miss seeing him play.

and by near future you mean this week with the Lyon fella :)

Offline alecs goal

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2947 on: June 3, 2018, 09:46:26 pm »
He offered plenty for us the year before, and was very important through out the year. He didn't offer anything this past season because he's been injured for the entirety of it.

Him wanting to play for his country at the World Cup, is what every player on the planet would do.
sums up my post, he was ok a couple of years ago not now age has caught up. I posted after he lasted 6 mins as sub against palace, maybe get rid was harsh but at best he's a luxury, could still do a job next time we're struggling against west ham, wolves or west brom in the cup if he's fit.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2948 on: June 3, 2018, 10:35:27 pm »
Not sure how your highest working player can be described as a luxury. Especially in a Klopp team.

:o
AHA!

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2949 on: June 3, 2018, 10:38:52 pm »
sums up my post, he was ok a couple of years ago not now age has caught up. I posted after he lasted 6 mins as sub against palace, maybe get rid was harsh but at best he's a luxury, could still do a job next time we're struggling against west ham, wolves or west brom in the cup if he's fit.

;D
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2950 on: June 3, 2018, 10:50:26 pm »

You're talking rubbish.

Klopp rates Lallana highly, he's not going anywhere this summer.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2951 on: June 3, 2018, 10:57:38 pm »

How the bloody hell does that sum your post?

Stop talking out of your arse.

Thankfully the manager rates him and knows what he brings to the team when he's in form and fully fit.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2952 on: June 3, 2018, 11:15:46 pm »

He's not a luxury, he's an important part of Klopp's team.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: June 3, 2018, 11:24:08 pm »
Alec’s just jealous of his skincare regime

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2954 on: June 3, 2018, 11:40:30 pm »
He was ok a couple of years ago? The year before this injury plagued season, he had a season that was one was one of the bests for any midfielder int the PL that season and he used to lead our press, remember? And he made the PFA Team of the Year with Southampton as well. Classy player in his prime, who has not relied on his pace, so he can clearly offer something even at this age. Even if not as a consistent starter, he has a lot in his books to play a role for us this season and maybe next season as well. If he is fine by being a squad player in a potentially great side and the manager is happy with him, who's to say anything else?

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #2955 on: June 4, 2018, 01:58:56 am »
Good squad player, but I don't think he should be getting into our starting XI if we want to challenge for the title.  He's served the club very well in his time here, but we gotta move on to bigger and better things in my opinion

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: June 4, 2018, 02:21:25 am »
Good squad player, but I don't think he should be getting into our starting XI if we want to challenge for the title.  He's served the club very well in his time here, but we gotta move on to bigger and better things in my opinion

Challenging for the tile requires more than the starting XI, City proved that. They just won the league and are signing Mahrez and Jorginho.

For whatever reason people are blindly fixated on the idea that you challenge for the title with 11 players. You don't.

We need all options all quality options and when Lallana is fit fully fit, he is a quality option.

People have incredibly short memories.

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2957 on: June 4, 2018, 02:43:53 am »
Challenging for the tile requires more than the starting XI, City proved that. They just won the league and are signing Mahrez and Jorginho.

For whatever reason people are blindly fixated on the idea that you challenge for the title with 11 players. You don't.

We need all options all quality options and when Lallana is fit fully fit, he is a quality option.

People have incredibly short memories.

I think it’s a little more nuanced than that as I highlighted in my earlier post. City have less central midfielders than us even with Jorginho who they haven’t signed  and Toure who is cooked. Depth is important but it has to be balanced depth spread across the entire team, not a glut of players in midfield and threadbare in attack.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: June 4, 2018, 02:55:17 am »
I think it’s a little more nuanced than that as I highlighted in my earlier post. City have less central midfielders than us even with Jorginho who they haven’t signed  and Toure who is cooked. Depth is important but it has to be balanced depth spread across the entire team, not a glut of players in midfield and threadbare in attack.

Silva,De Bruyne,Gundogan,Fernandinho,Delph,Jorginho

Henderson,Milner,Wijnaldum,Lallana,Fabinho,Keita

Ox out for at least until January. So not much difference now is there?

The construction of their midfield and ours is very different. What they don't lack is creativity in the middle of the park. And apart from Ox who is injured, you only have Keita and Lallana who are capable of creating.

Not exactly bloated in that department at all.

Even if Fekir comes in, he'll be filling the Coutinho void of covering both a midfield position or a wide position.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: June 4, 2018, 03:18:04 am »

Silva,De Bruyne,Gundogan,Fernandinho,Delph,Jorginho

Henderson,Milner,Wijnaldum,Lallana,Fabinho,Keita

Ox out for at least until January. not much difference now is there?

The construction of their midfield and ours is very different. What they don't lack is creativity in the middle of the park. And apart from Ox who is injured, you only have Keita and Lallana who are capable of creating.

Not exactly bloated in that department at all.

Even if Fekir comes in, he'll be filling the Coutinho void of covering both a midfield position or a wide position.

Thought Ox was out until October/November, no?