Author Topic: I saw a ghost tonight.  (Read 121477 times)

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
Re: I saw a ghost tonight.
« Reply #600 on: September 28, 2012, 09:43:40 pm »
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: September 28, 2012, 10:26:55 pm »
As a few of you may know I pet sit on Sundays apart from my full time job. Every week brings new pets and new houses. I had been to this house before, fairly nice two story house in a decent neighborhood.

Every time I go here it's like I'm a new person to this dog, Lily. She is partially blind, partially deaf, so she is always a little skiddish the first few minutes. What I usually do is sit down in their living room for a few minutes when I first get there and let her warm up to me a bit. As I'm sitting there, I hear a "thud thud thud THUD THUD thud thud thud". It's directly above me, if you've ever lived in an apartment with someone above you, it sounded as if someone was running across the room. It didn't really bother me the first time, startled but for some reason I paid little attention to it, but a few seconds later I heard it again "thud thud thud THUD THUD thud thud thud" going in the opposite direction it did the time before. At this point I was thinking "ok...maybe it's just an animal on the roof".

I had never been upstairs as Lily can't walk up them, but curiosity got the better of me and I decided to see if it was roof above me, or a room. I go upstairs, and sure enough directly above where I was sitting, is a slightly opened door to a room. I usually would never go into a room that doesn't pertain to the animals, but considering it was slightly cracked I figured there was no harm. I opened the door and it was a little girls play room with all these dolls and dollhouses. Not like creepy dolls that would haunt your dreams, just normal little girl dolls.

That's it. I went back downstairs and took care of the dog and didn't hear the steps again, finished up and went to the next house. Just haven't really found a logical explanation to what it could have been, this was about 2 or 3 months ago.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:28:53 pm by BRdispatch05 »
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #602 on: September 28, 2012, 10:31:59 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #603 on: September 28, 2012, 10:36:35 pm »
Almost certain I heard my car calling me 'Shia', earlier today.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: October 14, 2012, 07:38:36 pm »
Got a couple of stories, neither are that spooky or anything and wasn't there for either of them.

First one was on a golf course driving range. This was before the course had opened up so it was early in the morning and no-one but the staff there. so some of the staff there went to the range to do whatever it is they do there. There were about 3 of them and they all heard the sound of someone hitting the ball on the range. They all legged it out of there ASAP.

The second is simple. My mums in the pub chatting to a few people when a bottle thats about in the middle of this shelf just hops along it onto the floor. The people my mum was talking too saw it as well, and it could'nt of been a breeze and someone else didnt do it. A still (empty) bottle just hopped along and fell off a shelf with no-one anywhere near it.

So yeah, thats that then. Ghosts are real.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: October 14, 2012, 07:41:36 pm »
Got a couple of stories, neither are that spooky or anything and wasn't there for either of them.

First one was on a golf course driving range. This was before the course had opened up so it was early in the morning and no-one but the staff there. so some of the staff there went to the range to do whatever it is they do there. There were about 3 of them and they all heard the sound of someone hitting the ball on the range. They all legged it out of there ASAP.

The second is simple. My mums in the pub chatting to a few people when a bottle thats about in the middle of this shelf just hops along it onto the floor. The people my mum was talking too saw it as well, and it could'nt of been a breeze and someone else didnt do it. A still (empty) bottle just hopped along and fell off a shelf with no-one anywhere near it.

So yeah, thats that then. Ghosts are real.

It's settled then
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #606 on: October 14, 2012, 09:14:21 pm »
Mate in work came in yesterday saying he had one of his friends ring him proper shit up.
Said they've got a two years old son and he's been waking in the night and walking into their room asking to get into their bed etc. Anyway few nights ago his mate woke to the sound of his son laughing in what he thought was his room but when he walked onto the landing, his son was stood near the stairs. He put him back into bed and all was right.
Next night same thing happened and he found his son on the landing but this time looking up at the loft. He asked him what he was doing and to come back to bed when his son said "The man, the man" and pointed up at the loft.
Safe to safe he shat his kecks and is currently in the middle of a crossroads in his life as he was a firm non believer in ghosts.
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #607 on: October 14, 2012, 09:42:11 pm »
Mate in work came in yesterday saying he had one of his friends ring him proper shit up.
Said they've got a two years old son and he's been waking in the night and walking into their room asking to get into their bed etc. Anyway few nights ago his mate woke to the sound of his son laughing in what he thought was his room but when he walked onto the landing, his son was stood near the stairs. He put him back into bed and all was right.
Next night same thing happened and he found his son on the landing but this time looking up at the loft. He asked him what he was doing and to come back to bed when his son said "The man, the man" and pointed up at the loft.
Safe to safe he shat his kecks and is currently in the middle of a crossroads in his life as he was a firm non believer in ghosts.

He's probably just sleepwalking
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: October 14, 2012, 09:59:47 pm »

I'd have moved house by now.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #609 on: October 14, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »
He's probably just sleepwalking
Hope so mate, stuff like that plays on your mind.
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #610 on: October 14, 2012, 10:49:14 pm »
whys he laughing and pointing at a man in the loft?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #611 on: October 14, 2012, 10:53:47 pm »

Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #612 on: October 14, 2012, 11:02:39 pm »

And?... Why would that make him believe in ghosts? His son couldn't sleep and pointed at the loft. Shouldn't he act like a grown up and comfort his child rather than going to pieces like a big girls blouse?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: October 14, 2012, 11:03:48 pm »
And?... Why would that make him believe in ghosts? His son couldn't sleep and pointed at the loft. Shouldn't he act like a grown up and comfort his child rather than going to pieces like a big girls blouse?
;D straight to the point as always..what was that? Ancient Aliens you say? Alan to the rescue
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #614 on: October 14, 2012, 11:10:02 pm »

He probably did comfort his kid, doesn't stop him from being allowed to wet his kecks. I would've.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: October 14, 2012, 11:11:36 pm »
He probably did comfort his kid, doesn't stop him from being allowed to wet his kecks. I would've.

Why?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:53 pm »
it's easier to do that and dry them then wait for the washing machine for an hour an half

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #617 on: October 14, 2012, 11:14:35 pm »
.... doesn't stop him from being allowed to wet his kecks. I would've.

Buy yourself some of these just in case then you big jessie.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: October 14, 2012, 11:16:33 pm »
Seriously - even if the kid thinks there's a man in the loft, which there won't be, shouldn't his father be reassuring him and helping him get to sleep rather than shitting his pants.

Fuck me, if believing in ghosts turns you into a gibbering idiot who can't look after your kid thank fuck I grew out of it when I was five.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #619 on: October 14, 2012, 11:17:39 pm »
Why?

When your kid starts talking about a man and pointing to the loft, many a cloth would be touched by many

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: October 14, 2012, 11:19:13 pm »
Was dozing off the other night last week. Had just about got to that stage where you're about to conk out when i felt as if i was being pushed from behind. I was sleeping on me side, and it felt left i was being pushed in the small of me back, and by me legs. Felt very,very real. Not too sure what to think there. I do sometimes experience that little jump feeling ya get when you're about to fall asleep, but i've never experienced this. Was so terrified i was too afraid to turn around!! Just layed there facing the wall, inching the blankets up over me face  :D

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: October 14, 2012, 11:23:00 pm »
When your kid starts talking about a man and pointing to the loft, many a cloth would be touched by many

If you're eight maybe. I'd put the kid to bed and then go back to bed myself. If he was really upset I'd get a ladder and get up to the loft to show him there's nothing to worry about.

Because... and this may come as a shock to you... there wouldn't be anything there!

Little kid believing in the boogie man in the loft - understandable and needs reassurance from an adult.

Grown up believing in the boogie man in the loft - needs a kick up the fucking arse and telling not to be a fucking wimp.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: October 14, 2012, 11:25:44 pm »
Apologies if I offend anyone with strong beliefs but honestly, it seems that believing in this shite turns your brains to mush.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: October 14, 2012, 11:28:18 pm »
come on now mate, the kid was bloody laughing at some man in a loft, if your kid is laughing at some man, why should you be scared of this 'man'? plus its late at night, you'd just tell him off cheekily and put him to bed and knock out yourself

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #624 on: October 14, 2012, 11:28:38 pm »

Because... and this may come as a shock to you... there wouldn't be anything there!

Sleep well Al...

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #625 on: October 14, 2012, 11:31:41 pm »
Not really a ghost story this, but quite a few times during early mornings when outside my house I have heard (I think) what sound like war-time sirens in the distance. Can't figure it out.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: October 14, 2012, 11:32:37 pm »
Not really a ghost story this, but quite a few times during early mornings when outside my house I have heard (I think) what sound like war-time sirens in the distance. Can't figure it out.
sounds like you're experiencing intermittent time travel back to the 1940s, should start a new thread

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #627 on: October 14, 2012, 11:32:45 pm »

Ice cream van.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #628 on: October 14, 2012, 11:33:12 pm »
...... If he was really upset I'd get a ladder and get up to the loft to show him there's nothing to worry about.

Exactly.
My lad went through a phase years back when he was about 3-4 of waking up and coming into our bedroom saying he'd had a bad dream, and that one night morphed into the story that he'd seen some monster in the cupboard, probably from stories he'd been told by his slightly older sister.
I wasn't having that, took him straight back into his bedroom and we opened the cupboard and I proved there was absolutely nothing there. Happy lad and it never happened again.
It's attention seeking behaviour that we all did in some way at some time when we are tiny, especially when at an age when we have difficulties due to life inexperience in discerning our imagination run riot in the dark from reality.
It's a times like that, when kids claim to have seen something, that's when you need to be a grown up and show them it's bollocks. If you don't, they'll grow up believing in all kinds of nonsense.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #629 on: October 14, 2012, 11:34:16 pm »
Was dozing off the other night last week. Had just about got to that stage where you're about to conk out when i felt as if i was being pushed from behind. I was sleeping on me side, and it felt left i was being pushed in the small of me back, and by me legs. Felt very,very real. Not too sure what to think there. I do sometimes experience that little jump feeling ya get when you're about to fall asleep, but i've never experienced this. Was so terrified i was too afraid to turn around!! Just layed there facing the wall, inching the blankets up over me face  :D

I'll be more gentle, next time.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: October 14, 2012, 11:39:00 pm »
Seriously - even if the kid thinks there's a man in the loft, which there won't be
AHAA!!!UNLESS IT WAS A GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghosts are invisible dontchaknow.

To be honest, I think it was just a nightmare + sleepwalking, but there are other incidents that I dont know how you can explain them. I couldnt categorically say I dont or do believe in them simply because of some situations that cant really be explained.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #631 on: October 15, 2012, 12:00:42 am »

Do you live in South Liverpool? Does this siren go off at 08:45 every morning perchance?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: October 15, 2012, 12:02:59 am »
Do you live in South Liverpool? Does this siren go off at 08:45 every morning perchance?
dont tell us that he's your neighbour and thats just your alarm going off because that would be really anticlimactic

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: October 15, 2012, 12:04:25 am »

Some good stories tonight, but bed time i think so i now declare this meeting of the Midnight Society closed (for me at least)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #634 on: October 15, 2012, 12:08:56 am »
dont tell us that he's your neighbour and thats just your alarm going off because that would be really anticlimactic

It's a giant ghost that carries around a World War II battleship. He's got three heads, four arms and six arses.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: October 15, 2012, 12:11:24 am »
It's a giant ghost that carries around a World War II battleship. He's got three heads, four arms and six arses.

Does Its yawn sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around inside a barrel?  :lmao

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: October 15, 2012, 12:31:44 am »

Gary?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: October 15, 2012, 03:09:21 am »

Some good stories tonight, but bed time i think so i now declare this meeting of the Midnight Society closed (for me at least)

I loved Are You Afraid of the Dark when I was a kid.

The meeting can't be over I want a ghost story tonight.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:12:20 am by Samie The Red »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: October 15, 2012, 05:03:18 am »
This thread cracks me up  ;D.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline exilescouse

• Lack sufficient letters for real testicles.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #639 on: October 15, 2012, 07:28:36 am »
Not actually a ghost but weird all the same.

back in Police days i was asked to go to a flat to force and entry, the neighbours said they had not seen their neighbour etc, I got there before the ambulance and forced an entry. i found the old guy on the floor in the living room,  still warm and no pulse so I tried CPR, amazingly it worked, i got a faint pulse and breathing.  all the time doing this the guy was unconscious, the ambulance came, worked on him and got him to the hospital, again he was not conscious through out this time.

Two days later, off duty, not in uniform, i decided to visit him in hospital, he did not know I was going. As I walked in the ward at Whiston hospital he saw me from his bed and called me over. straight away he started thanking me for what I did, then I realised, how did he know what I did and who I was, i asked him and he told me he was watching me do it, he said he was above me and saw it all.

spooky