Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 291092 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2018, 10:29:42 am »
Lallanas doing my nut in preseason. I'm a big fan b7t he's overcomplicating things, turning back into trouble, not playing a through ball etc. Hopefully he gets back into his rhythm.

He's looked one of our better players so far in pre-season.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2018, 11:31:53 am »
Did you see the City game? He looked like one of the worst. Which game did he do well in?

City game is the only one I've watched highlights of rather than the full 90. Felt he looked lively and one of the more productive in the games before that - not saying he was great or anything but looked one of our sharpest and better players.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2018, 12:12:20 pm »
Sturridge played best with Coutinho, Suarez and in pre-season Keita, my guess is these players operate on a different level

Yeah that's been the problem all along, not enough players in our squad on the same level as Daniel.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2018, 08:37:20 pm »
Hopefully Lallana and Sturridge get plenty of minutes in preseason , both need to return to top form.
One of the side effects of Klopp and our new transfer policy is that the squad quality has risen massively, an average Lallana and Sturridge really mean a massive drop in quality.

Sturridge as back up for Firmino is a real worry for me, he's shown nothing to suggest he can stay fit enough to return to 2013/14 level. His goals in the prem since 13/14 are 4, 8,3,2. Let's be honest he's dinning on a season four years ago, a fantastic season in body nothing like the one he now possesses.

I really hope both are over their  injuries and can be the players we need, but let's be honest if one or both get injured in preseason no one will be supprised..
Once you get into a long term cycle of injuries (especiall as you get towards your 30's) its very hard to ever get fully fit.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2018, 11:57:42 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Blv8mXuhgyH/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=x0lzaly3l8t3

Sturridge really is a top, top guy. It's easy to see why Klopp would want to keep him around the squad, despite the injury problems.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2018, 12:08:34 am »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Blv8mXuhgyH/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=x0lzaly3l8t3

Sturridge really is a top, top guy. It's easy to see why Klopp would want to keep him around the squad, despite the injury problems.

Fair play, he’s sound as.

Have you seen those interviews he’s done with young Liverpool fans? He’s a genuine fella.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2018, 12:13:33 am »
He's a top lad.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2018, 12:14:56 am »
I want to see a new rap challenge or whatever it was with him, the Ox and Solanke.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2018, 08:38:27 am »
I want to see a new rap challenge or whatever it was with him, the Ox and Solanke.

The Hip-Hop challenge, where Sturridge's the undisputed king. ;D

I agree, would love to see Oxlade-Chamberlain compete against him because I think he can beat the champion.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline YNWA_O

• Main Stander
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2018, 12:45:27 am »
bagging goals so far in this pre season tour, i love it, lets hope for a healthy campaign, would be a nightmare for opponents having him come off the bench

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2018, 01:08:19 am »
Hopefully Lallana and Sturridge get plenty of minutes in preseason , both need to return to top form.
One of the side effects of Klopp and our new transfer policy is that the squad quality has risen massively, an average Lallana and Sturridge really mean a massive drop in quality.

Sturridge as back up for Firmino is a real worry for me, he's shown nothing to suggest he can stay fit enough to return to 2013/14 level.His goals in the prem since 13/14 are 4, 8,3,2. Let's be honest he's dinning on a season four years ago, a fantastic season in body nothing like the one he now possesses.

I really hope both are over their  injuries and can be the players we need, but let's be honest if one or both get injured in preseason no one will be supprised..
Once you get into a long term cycle of injuries (especiall as you get towards your 30's) its very hard to ever get fully fit.

I honestly think you’re missing the point.

You are entirely correct to point out that this is not the Daniel Sturridge of 13/14.

That bird has flown.

You are also correct to point out that as a back up to Firmino, Sturridge is lacking the work rate.

But to use an age-old adage - form is temporary but class is permanent. Daniel is better than any current Liverpool player (with the obvious exception of Salah) at finishing. Your stats don’t and won’t change that fact.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2018, 01:17:20 am »
Please stay fucking fit Sturridge!!!  :-*

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #252 on: July 29, 2018, 01:48:30 am »
I'm 1000000000000% in again.

Been down this road with Agger and Aurelio but this will be the season Sturridge finally stays fit. 15 goals coming from the Big D, and the return of the Gucci bag posts to this forum. I can feel it. Vamos.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #253 on: July 29, 2018, 01:59:40 am »
I miss his dance  ;)

Offline Bander

• Boys Pen
  • YNWA
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2018, 07:01:41 am »
Great to see Sturridge in really good shape physically and mentally. Still early to know but through what I have read and heard in all his interviews, his positivity, determination and effort, I wonder if he's talking to Dr. Steve Peters

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2018, 07:53:40 am »
Is he injured yet?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #256 on: July 29, 2018, 08:00:55 am »
I'm 1000000000000% in again.

Been down this road with Agger and Aurelio but this will be the season Sturridge finally stays fit. 15 goals coming from the Big D, and the return of the Gucci bag posts to this forum. I can feel it. Vamos.

A fit Sturridge and Big Shaq, I'd be fine with just those 2 as backup for the front 3
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2018, 09:05:00 am »
I have a feeling that he'll stay fit for entire season. Basically a new signing!

He just needs to stay humble, work hard and grab the opportunity whenever he gets it. He won't start every game, i hope he understands that, because we can't just drop anyone from our front three - the front three that took us to CL final.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2018, 09:20:24 am »

You are entirely correct to point out that this is not the Daniel Sturridge of 13/14.

That bird has flown.

You are also correct to point out that as a back up to Firmino, Sturridge is lacking the work rate.

But to use an age-old adage - form is temporary but class is permanent. Daniel is better than any current Liverpool player (with the obvious exception of Salah) at finishing. Your stats don’t and won’t change that fact.

I think Sturridge is the best finisher at the club bar none. I think Salah scores more goals than even Sturridge's vintage is he creates more challenges for himself. For instance, Sturridge's Uefa final goal was utterly world class. Bending the ball into the bottom corner with the outside of his boot the ball bends round the keeper and swerves in. I don't think anyone else in the squad has the finishing ability to do that.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2018, 09:22:41 am »
I have a feeling that he'll stay fit for entire season. Basically a new signing!

He just needs to stay humble, work hard and grab the opportunity whenever he gets it. He won't start every game, i hope he understands that, because we can't just drop anyone from our front three - the front three that took us to CL final.

It's rotation not dropping and you need rotation to keep players fresh over a marathon season.

Offline geoffpd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2018, 09:53:37 am »
Is he injured yet?

Please be quiet!

Sent from my iPhone8

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2018, 10:39:43 am »
He looks great. Such an amazing footballer.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2018, 11:07:36 am »
Stating the obvious, but if he can stay fit and in form, it'll make a huge difference to our season.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2018, 11:34:23 am »
Just give him one fit season please. I get that it almost certainly won’t happen but sheesh
I know there’s no justice in sport but what’s happened to him has been brutal given where he was
He’ll only start 10–15 games - half in cups or whatever  - so it’s not critical for us but it would be something to see

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2018, 11:39:29 am »
He looks great. Such an amazing footballer.

He's got such tidy feet. You see him get out of a tight spot and think he's the best footballer at the club and then you look at some of the other candidates.

We are blessed with some truly excellent players.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2018, 11:41:38 am »
He looks like a different man. Like the weight of his injuries have been lifted from him. Its like he has decided, yeah i love this club, I've had shit luck...im just gonna do what i can when i get the chance.

The past few seasons he has cut a very frustrated figure and its probably hindered his performances in the few appearences he had.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2018, 01:19:04 pm »
Is this the last year of Daniel's contract? If he stays fit and performs well, do we think he'll get a new deal? Kinda sad to think we've possibly only got a year left of him. :-\ He was world class until injuries fucked him in 2014/15.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2018, 01:27:24 pm »
Is this the last year of Daniel's contract? If he stays fit and performs well, do we think he'll get a new deal? Kinda sad to think we've possibly only got a year left of him. :-\ He was world class until injuries fucked him in 2014/15.

Yeah, although if he stays fit then I assume we'll offer a new contract.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2018, 01:45:27 pm »
Yeah, although if he stays fit then I assume we'll offer a new contract.

I don't think we will. Solanke and Brewster will be a year older and you'd have to assume we'd move for another forward (Pulisic, for example).
I think this season is very much a Sturridge swan song, let's hope he bows out like Smicer and not like Can.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2018, 01:47:41 pm »
I don't think we will. Solanke and Brewster will be a year older and you'd have to assume we'd move for another forward (Pulisic, for example).
I think this season is very much a Sturridge swan song, let's hope he bows out like Smicer and not like Can.

Maybe, although I don't see what was wrong with how Can left? He didn't want to sign a new contract and left on a free, we wouldn't have gotten much for him anyway.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2018, 01:52:15 pm »
Maybe, although I don't see what was wrong with how Can left? He didn't want to sign a new contract and left on a free, we wouldn't have gotten much for him anyway.

If you weren’t in such a rush to get defensive (on the clubs behalf) you might have seen the point!

Have a think how their last games for us played out

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2018, 01:55:28 pm »

Is back, seemingly.................
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2018, 01:57:45 pm »

Is back, seemingly.................

Hope we see it many times this season!

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2018, 02:10:10 pm »

That bird has flown.

Your right he's clearly our only real backup striker capable of a high level. (Solanke, Woodburn and Brewster are all devoloping) saying that strikers are a weird beast and a couple of goals change everything.

He's been impressive in preseason especially his link up play.

My point really was we've been here before and for four seasons running it hasn't ended well (a stat I know but how else do you assess it) , let's hope the medical team have sorted his problems. 🤞 We all want a fit Studge
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 02:12:14 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2018, 02:13:03 pm »
Your right he's clearly our only real backup striker capable of a high level. (Solanke, Woodburn and Brewster are all devoloping)

He's been impressive in preseason especially his link up play.

My point really was we've been here before and for four seasons running it hasn't ended well (a stat I know but how else do you assess it) , let's hope the medical team have sorted his problems. 🤞 We all want a fit Studge

It does seem different this time, hopefully he'll play a big part in our season.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2018, 03:20:03 pm »
It does seem different this time, hopefully he'll play a big part in our season.
🤞

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2018, 03:24:27 pm »
still only 28.

really hope he stays fit. just have that arrogance on the ball.

klopp already mentioning that IF he stays fit he might have a chance to play.

with shaqiri and Solanke available i do think that we will wrap sturridge in cotton wool before every game.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2018, 03:45:30 pm »

I was talking silverware.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2018, 03:46:48 pm »
I miss Sturridge at his peak. That lad was genuinely something else in 13/14 and I'd given up on ever seeing it again... This pre-season he's looked boss though and I'm getting excited just thinking about him coming on against tired legs and finishing teams off.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2018, 03:51:00 pm »
I miss Sturridge at his peak. That lad was genuinely something else in 13/14 and I'd given up on ever seeing it again... This pre-season he's looked boss though and I'm getting excited just thinking about him coming on against tired legs and finishing teams off.

People keep mentioning 13/14 but the latter half of 12/13 Sturridge was superb. Came into the club and was class literally from the moment he arrived.