Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2775126 times)

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #53600 on: August 25, 2019, 09:39:58 am »
why??

I mean, they went from something like an 11-5 team to a 3-13 in one second so they're pissed off. Still extremely cuntish behaviour given that they all but ruined his career behind a terrible line...

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #53601 on: August 25, 2019, 09:41:07 am »
Shocking news about Luck. I am a Houston fan and he has tortured us for years, but you can't help but admire such a great player and character. I remember when he first came into the league I had never seen anything like him for the first few seasons, he was leading a mediocre Colts team to a 4th quarter comeback win almost every week. Then injuries took their toll, but last season seemed to be a new beginning. You want to beat the best to be the best, and I would have loved to see Watson v Luck year after year and to eventually become the dominant team in an amazing rivalry.
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #53602 on: August 25, 2019, 10:41:47 am »
Woke up to the news of Luck retiring. Don't think I'll get over it for some time. The news itself, the timing, everything about it went off like a bomb.

Regarding the booing, it's disgraceful but I understand their shock (which still shouldn't have resulted in being a c*nt). You have been ambushed with those shocking news while being in the stadium for a pre season game.

PS:Fuck you to the guy who leaked it to the journos. Honestly. Luck had arranged a press conference for today or Monday (from what I read) and you made everything far worse for everyone involved.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #53603 on: August 25, 2019, 11:01:32 am »
Luck's retirement must be a devestating blow to the Colt's. They were being forecasted by many as a potential Superbowl representative from the AFC. Although Brisset is a more than adequate quarterback, the drop off from Luck is immense.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #53604 on: August 25, 2019, 11:20:15 am »
Luck's retirement must be a devestating blow to the Colt's. They were being forecasted by many as a potential Superbowl representative from the AFC. Although Brisset is a more than adequate quarterback, the drop off from Luck is immense.

Can't even measure or contemplate it. Genuinely thought we were primed for SB contention from 2020 actually but this changes everything. Even worse, this team is good enough without Luck to go 8-8 with mediocre QBing which means no high draft pick.

Forgot to mention in my previous post a big fuck you to Grigson and Pagano as they both ruined Luck. As if the damage they have done was not enough already.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #53605 on: August 25, 2019, 12:17:33 pm »
Can't even measure or contemplate it. Genuinely thought we were primed for SB contention from 2020 actually but this changes everything. Even worse, this team is good enough without Luck to go 8-8 with mediocre QBing which means no high draft pick.

Forgot to mention in my previous post a big fuck you to Grigson and Pagano as they both ruined Luck. As if the damage they have done was not enough already.

I did see that Grigson was being cited as culpable in Luck's retirement due to failing to give him a sufficiently suitable OL to protect him.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #53606 on: August 25, 2019, 01:44:25 pm »
A career dogged by injury. He's a sharp guy who'd had enough.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53607 on: August 25, 2019, 02:19:23 pm »
Any chance he comes back after a year or two? Still only 29.

Good luck to him, great player. He's got a good education and has earned enough to try and enjoy a pain free existence going forward.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #53608 on: August 26, 2019, 03:56:10 pm »
Though I'm not a Colts fan, I've always liked Andrew Luck. He's not a stereotypical jock QB, and he marches to the beat of his own drum. Kevin Clark posted an old story he did about how Luck would congratulate and even encourage defenders who tackles/sacked him ('Hey, great hit my man!' etc), which wound up confusing most of them.

To me he was an elite QB who was worn down by playing behind a shitty O-line for too long. All those hits had to take their toll.  But there was no throw he couldn't make, and for a big guy he had some wheels.
It's a huge blow to the Colts, but I think Frank Reich can probably game plan for Brissett to make them at least compete for the division title. They might not win it, but 8-8 is achievable. Ironically, that'll hamper them in looking for a franchise QB..
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53609 on: August 26, 2019, 07:57:55 pm »
I understand people are angry, but reports that the Colts ticket office is dealing with significant numbers of calls demanding season ticket refunds after Luck's retirement is ridiculous. What if Luck's injury kept him out for a year or if he got seriously injured on the first play of the game and was done for the season? Would they demand a refund then? When you buy a season ticket, it is for the team, not an individual who could be injured/traded

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #53610 on: August 29, 2019, 01:47:38 pm »
Last round of preseason games tonight then the proper stuff starts, apparently might be the last time we see 4 preseason games, with the new CBA could have no preseason games but regular season extended to 18 game season.
#Sausages

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53611 on: August 29, 2019, 03:48:02 pm »
Last round of preseason games tonight then the proper stuff starts, apparently might be the last time we see 4 preseason games, with the new CBA could have no preseason games but regular season extended to 18 game season.

Last thing I read was 18 games, but players only play 16. So there'll be two games a season where backup QBs are playing.

Brutal.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53612 on: August 29, 2019, 03:50:41 pm »
Are they fucking high or something, that sounds like a horrible plan for all positions.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53613 on: August 30, 2019, 12:30:42 am »
Last thing I read was 18 games, but players only play 16. So there'll be two games a season where backup QBs are playing.

Brutal.

Yeah, was a really good discussion about this on Wednesday night on Pro Football Talk

Love that programme by the way.

Chris Simms was really raving about Calvin Ridley and reckons even with Julio Jones as the stud WR, Ridley will still get 1000 yds this season.  Tried to do a trade in the fantasy with Red Viper for Ridley but he told me to fuck off :)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #53614 on: August 30, 2019, 07:59:04 am »
Yeah, was a really good discussion about this on Wednesday night on Pro Football Talk

Love that programme by the way.

Chris Simms was really raving about Calvin Ridley and reckons even with Julio Jones as the stud WR, Ridley will still get 1000 yds this season.  Tried to do a trade in the fantasy with Red Viper for Ridley but he told me to fuck off :)

Haha, yeah sorry mate, not a chance I'm letting him go. :D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53615 on: August 31, 2019, 06:21:10 pm »
Clowney to Seattle for a 3rd, Jacob Martin and Barkevious Mingo

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #53616 on: September 1, 2019, 12:27:20 pm »
Clowney to Seattle for a 3rd, Jacob Martin and Barkevious Mingo

The Texans are so badly run. They screwed up signing a big part of fixing their terrible OL by letting the Eagles sneak in front of them in the draft and get Andre Dillard, who already looks like he will be a future star for them. The draft was terrible, some very strange decisions, including a major reach for Tytus Howard in the first round who was predicted to go in the 3rd. I am not enthusiastic about any of the draft picks.

Then these 2 big trades (Tunsil and Stills coming in for TWO first round picks and a second round pick and Clowney leaving for a third) are such bad value I wonder who is doing our negotiating. It seems we completely messed up the Clowney situation and the LT situation, and have mortgaged our future on winning now.  Problem is that we are not good enough to win now and losing those two first round picks is going to come back and bite us on the arse big time.

Coach O'Brien needs to go and probably will do at the end of the season, but whoever comes in will have a lack of top draft picks to build their own team....what a collossal f*ck up...
 >:(

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #53617 on: September 1, 2019, 12:32:45 pm »
BOB is running the asylum there now.

at least watson might not get killed on every play now though, so there's that.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #53618 on: September 1, 2019, 12:42:31 pm »
Houston need a franchise quarterback as well.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #53619 on: September 1, 2019, 12:44:27 pm »
Houston need a franchise quarterback as well.

I think watson's decent personally.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #53620 on: September 1, 2019, 12:52:07 pm »
I think watson's decent personally.

Watson was sensational in his first season before the season ending injury. Last season he was getting sacked every other play behind the worst OL in the league. So it is hard to judge him. I am hopeful but cautious as well about what his level as a more experienced QB will be at this stage (although at least we have a better OL so hopefully he won't end up getting battered like Luck and retiring early). I think this season behind a better OL we might see just what he is capable of.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #53621 on: September 1, 2019, 01:06:44 pm »
In the playoff game against Indy he was woeful.

I think he’s a good starter but not a franchise guy.

In the tier above Mariota/Winston etc.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53622 on: September 1, 2019, 01:08:18 pm »
I think Watson is the kind of QB that won't prevent your team from winning if the rest of the squad is up to scratch but isn't one that will drag below average clubs to places they shouldn't be, ala Rodgers. Fun player to watch though because he'll air it out.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53623 on: September 1, 2019, 03:28:18 pm »
Watson is the least of their worries, imo. You can build around him.

He's also already the greatest QB in franchise history! Look at those who came before:

Carr

Schaub

Rosenfels

Leinart

Yates

Keenum

Fitzpatrick

Mallett

Hoyer

Weeden

Osweiler

Savage

Can't see how they'll luck into a QB who is substantially better than Watson.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53624 on: September 1, 2019, 06:40:41 pm »
I see the Jets cut their 3rd round pick for this year Jachai Polite. He had been initially ranked as a possible first round pick. He's now signing with Seattle's practice squad
« Last Edit: September 1, 2019, 06:43:51 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #53625 on: September 1, 2019, 08:01:43 pm »
that's an odd one. but I remember something about "character issues" there

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53626 on: September 1, 2019, 08:23:51 pm »
The fish tank continues: Kiko Alonso traded to the Saints

Character issues, showed up to the combine overweight, dreadful combine interviews among other things
« Last Edit: September 1, 2019, 08:29:34 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53627 on: September 1, 2019, 08:31:29 pm »
ironic surname tho!

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #53628 on: September 2, 2019, 06:31:47 pm »
sky sports pumping out the content this year. it's some contrast to a few years ago when they seemed to treat it like an afterthought.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/11791088/how-to-follow-the-nfl-on-sky-sports-in-2019-20

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #53629 on: September 2, 2019, 09:41:41 pm »
Delighted they're going to show the American coverage for the late game Sunday.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53630 on: September 2, 2019, 11:54:54 pm »
Delighted they're going to show the American coverage for the late game Sunday.
thought they always did?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #53631 on: September 3, 2019, 12:37:51 am »
No majority of the time they wouldn't show any of the discussions back in the studio during the game or at half-time/full-time.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #53632 on: September 3, 2019, 12:48:01 am »
Given that SKY's new owners also own NBC not surprising they're showing some NBC shows.
#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53633 on: September 3, 2019, 02:18:39 am »
Colts get Brissett signed to a $30m/2 year deal and add Hoyer as back-up. Brissett gets some insurance and the Colts ensure that if Brissett is a success they aren't having to throw down a monster extension after a year
« Last Edit: September 3, 2019, 02:21:08 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #53634 on: September 3, 2019, 03:24:25 am »
Nfl's nearly back!

It's like the week before xmas  :)
YNWA

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53635 on: September 3, 2019, 07:36:07 am »
No majority of the time they wouldn't show any of the discussions back in the studio during the game or at half-time/full-time.
im only up for the first bit

Given that SKY's new owners also own NBC not surprising they're showing some NBC shows.
their opening sequence is the same as fox sports nfl show I think, didn’t take out all the fox sports logos if you look carefully

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #53636 on: September 3, 2019, 08:04:17 am »
it's always amused me when the fox coverage mentions going back "your local fox station" or whatever because sky pretty much is/was that.

they're clearly in some kind of deal with nbc now though too. indycar, pft and during pft I've noticed ssn is actually on nbc (sports?) now and then as well.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #53637 on: September 3, 2019, 10:01:55 am »
Nfl's nearly back!

It's like the week before xmas  :)

It's beginning to a look a bit like FOOTBALL

They've picked horrendous games though.....good thing for the gamepass solutions ;)
« Last Edit: September 3, 2019, 10:03:33 am by bryanod »
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #53638 on: September 3, 2019, 03:58:02 pm »
It's beginning to a look a bit like FOOTBALL

They've picked horrendous games though.....good thing for the gamepass solutions ;)

Yep at least there's Redzone too.

One thing about the game pass, videos are freezing on my laptop when i loaded a few shows, so looked into support & found out game pass videos will no longer work if you have flash installed[you need HTML5 player, & even with HTML5 player installed you still need to uninstall flash], & flash is auto installed on my laptop :(, although game pass videos works fine on my PS4.
#Sausages

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #53639 on: September 3, 2019, 04:44:37 pm »
Hard Knocks has been absolutely terrible this year.  No characters of interest, skipped over all the Antonio Brown stuff without showing the real conversations, and Gruden hogging all the limelight.

Knock on wood if you agree.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75