Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2878324 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #15040 on: May 15, 2021, 10:32:33 pm »
There’s a brilliant compilation of Mo’s best moments for us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/ncwwy6/mos_iconic_moments_and_celebrations_cf_comps9/

Mother of god what a player he’s been for us so far. Let’s get that new contract on the table ASAP.

I was looking at that before and thought how can you only choose one moment from all those. I would struggle to decide a top three I love so many of those goals.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #15041 on: May 15, 2021, 11:29:39 pm »
I was looking at that before and thought how can you only choose one moment from all those. I would struggle to decide a top three I love so many of those goals.

As an individual he’s unfortunate that he plays in a team of wonderful players so probably doesn’t stand out in the way Torres and Suarez did. We perhaps take him for granted at times too for the same reason.

But the things he’s helped us achieved and his amazing individual contribution put him up there with the best players in this club’s history and for me far above the aforementioned players who left with little to celebrate.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15042 on: May 15, 2021, 11:39:28 pm »
As an individual he’s unfortunate that he plays in a team of wonderful players so probably doesn’t stand out in the way Torres and Suarez did. We perhaps take him for granted at times too for the same reason.

But the things he’s helped us achieved and his amazing individual contribution put him up there with the best players in this club’s history and for me far above the aforementioned players who left with little to celebrate.

Personally I think Salah is the epitome of substance over style.

His numbers are absolutely unreal, but he concentrates on efficiency over style. Fans love flicks or extravagant displays of skill. Mo is an assassin, he is only interested in results. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #15043 on: May 16, 2021, 12:12:19 am »
That goal of Mo's reminded me of Owen's against the mancs in the league cup final. Barthez did the same , basically showing him the whole goal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aWugJIQM2M

Not complaining :)

Speaking from the keepers union, defending against a clear break from the halfway is maybe the hardest thing to do for a keeper. The attacker has 40 yards to shift you around, you can’t close space until the last touch, if you get it wrong you’re rounded or lobbed and they’ve got control of the angles, not you. Much different from say a through ball where the attacker has got a couple of touches at most to get their shape and angles right
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15044 on: May 16, 2021, 02:34:57 am »
It should be a legal requirement that whenever Mo's shirt-off celebration against the Mancs last season is shown it is NOT cut off before Alisson comes charging and kneesliding into the picture. Probably one of my favourite moments of recent years - not just football moments, but favourite moments full stop.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15045 on: May 16, 2021, 06:12:46 am »
His goal record is obviously monstrous but when you add in his all round play and assist numbers it gets ridiculous - only Suarez can compete and he did it for us for 6 months

From a footballing point of view you should be giving a contract that keeps him til 33 - you might eat a bit of drop off in performance in the last couple of years (you equally might not its hard to predict) but even with that you'd still have one of the most potent, versatile attacking players in the league
The only way this becomes difficult is if he wants a contract that runs to 34/35 then it becomes tougher

i dont want him to fucking leave obviously but when he does, hope he return to his hometown club or something. can't bear watching him play for another team.

doesnt get enough plaudits from our fans let alone the league. Klopp rates him as his most important signing but what does he know. I rather trust knowledgeable youtube and radio call in fans and pundits like carra and neville that crave for mbappe and sancho.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #15046 on: May 16, 2021, 09:37:19 am »

Well, this season he has really stood out, unfortunately.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15047 on: May 16, 2021, 10:43:14 am »
It should be a legal requirement that whenever Mo's shirt-off celebration against the Mancs last season is shown it is NOT cut off before Alisson comes charging and kneesliding into the picture. Probably one of my favourite moments of recent years - not just football moments, but favourite moments full stop.

Oh yes, the speed of Alisson in that celebration was nuts.  ;D

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #15048 on: May 16, 2021, 11:35:02 am »
Klopp rates him as his most important signing but what does he know. I rather trust knowledgeable youtube and radio call in fans and pundits like carra and neville that crave for mbappe and sancho.
Haha!! Agreed. In my part of the region (another side of the globe), I feel - am really longing for a double
finger flick on our fans' testicles who keep craving for Mbappe over Salah in EVERY, SINGLE, GAME before he scored for Liverpool.

It's fucking annoying treating one of your own players like he is useless and without any love.
Trust me, I am really okay if someone call him greedy for not passing in the game, diving, missing a chance or whatever - IN THE GAME.

Mistakes IN THE GAME... It's really okay to criticise him.

But not appreciating / supporting your own player, who is fighting in Liverpool sacred red shirt and playing for Liverpool - is another alien thing for me. Fuck the ugly testicles.

========================================

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15049 on: May 16, 2021, 04:08:46 pm »
Manes better though isn’t he?

Not this season but the two seasons before Mane was miles better and for me was the best all round forward in world football and that's not a slight on Salah because he has been outstanding since he joined the club. Both of them are absolute machines and despite Mane's obvious dip this season reading some of the shite on here a lot of Liverpool fans seem to have forget how special Mane has been before this season. It's like Mane has turned into Yannick fucking Bollassie according to some posters in here.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15050 on: May 16, 2021, 04:12:51 pm »
Not this season but the two seasons before Mane was miles better and for me was the best all round forward in world football and that's not a slight on Salah because he has been outstanding since he joined the club. Both of them are absolute machines and despite Mane's obvious dip this season reading some of the shite on here a lot of Liverpool fans seem to have forget how special Mane has been before this season. It's like Mane has turned into Yannick fucking Bollassie according to some posters in here.

Nah, Mane has never been better and I love Mane.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #15051 on: May 16, 2021, 04:14:55 pm »

Miles better at what? Did he score more goals? Did he assist more?

Mane has been very special for us but this post is just symptomatic of how our fanbase have consistently taken Salah for granted.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15052 on: May 16, 2021, 04:18:46 pm »

Mane has been very special for us but this post is just symptomatic of how our fanbase have consistently taken Salah for granted.

Same vibes as Gerrard and any midfielder who could pass the ball 5 yards. So much of our fanbase were desperate to stick the boot in when they had the chance
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15053 on: May 16, 2021, 04:19:09 pm »

Exactly miles better, that’s laughable.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15054 on: May 16, 2021, 04:21:51 pm »
Mane has never ever been miles better than Salah. The best you can say in that regard is that they were on the same level, but better certainly isn't the case. 2 seasons ago, they had scored the same amount of goals, Mane had a handful of assists where as Salah had double digit assists that year.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15055 on: May 16, 2021, 04:27:16 pm »
Better at what? Assisting, nope. Creating chances, nope. Scoring goals, nope. Salah has always been better (and that’s no slight on Mane who - aside from this season - been phenomenal for us). Believing something to be true doesn’t make it true.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15056 on: May 16, 2021, 05:08:11 pm »
You ridiculous man
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #15057 on: May 16, 2021, 05:19:35 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say again, he is the man to captain the team after VVD and Hendo.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15058 on: May 16, 2021, 05:21:07 pm »
Deadly finish

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15059 on: May 16, 2021, 05:21:20 pm »
Also, one time, I think I saw him dive.

Literally.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #15060 on: May 16, 2021, 05:21:28 pm »
You wonder where'd we be without him. And then you stop wondering because the answer isn't pleasant.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #15061 on: May 16, 2021, 05:21:33 pm »
that finish is a joke - no reaction, no back lift ... side netting.. thanks for coming everyone

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #15062 on: May 16, 2021, 05:23:20 pm »
Superb finish and quality player.... imagine how many goals he’d be on now if he was having a ‘good’ season  ;D sick of hearing from other fans saying he was a one season wonder LOL

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15063 on: May 16, 2021, 05:47:00 pm »
Imagine how many we’d score if mane and Firmino had his finishing ability.

... or anyone else in the team. Inept shooting all game.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:21:42 pm by Knight »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #15064 on: May 16, 2021, 06:24:59 pm »
The only one that comes out of this season with any credit.

Edit: And Alisson! :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:27:49 pm by Caligula? »

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15065 on: May 16, 2021, 06:28:20 pm »
Assassin.

Also liked his link up play when he moved into middle ... would like to see more of that next season.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #15066 on: May 16, 2021, 06:49:51 pm »
Same vibes as Gerrard and any midfielder who could pass the ball 5 yards. So much of our fanbase were desperate to stick the boot in when they had the chance

This

Gerrard got it, now Salah gets it

Mane has never been better then Salah, same with Stevie.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #15067 on: May 16, 2021, 06:50:10 pm »
Loved his celebration and reaction to Allison scoring

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15068 on: May 16, 2021, 06:54:46 pm »
Incredible player. Go get that Golden Boot.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #15069 on: May 16, 2021, 07:03:24 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say again, he is the man to captain the team after VVD and Hendo.

Gotta be Trent Alexander-Arnold.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15070 on: May 16, 2021, 07:12:03 pm »
His goal has been somewhat over shadowed by the last minute, beautifully taken goal though by him once again.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15071 on: May 16, 2021, 07:13:40 pm »
Carried the entire front three for the whole season and continues to do so.

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15072 on: May 16, 2021, 07:15:12 pm »
The joy on his face as Aliisson scored  ;D

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #15073 on: May 16, 2021, 07:40:15 pm »
Legend
YNWA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15074 on: May 16, 2021, 07:44:41 pm »
Pay him what he wants.

That finish was Messiesque

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15075 on: May 16, 2021, 07:48:24 pm »
Can't wait till we sell him for 90 million and finally buy some world class forwards.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15076 on: May 16, 2021, 07:56:31 pm »
No one is going to remember it after Ali's heroics, but his finish for the first was just outrageous.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15077 on: May 16, 2021, 08:05:49 pm »
Unbelievable Jeff

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15078 on: May 16, 2021, 08:16:29 pm »
Immense player and you could see how much he wants us finish in the top 4. Stunning finish.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15079 on: May 16, 2021, 08:37:09 pm »
The finish today was seriously top class. Just hoping that contract is sorted sooner rather than later. He's got his 100th goal for us this season and is already on 125 now. Make sure he's here long enough that he can go past 200, because I don't think he'll slow down in the goals department for a couple of years yet.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.