Author Topic: Autocup  (Read 533646 times)

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
Re: Autocup
« Reply #1600 on: June 25, 2019, 09:10:13 pm »
Exactly more and more are opting in from STH

Pure assumption.
Long live the King

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1601 on: June 25, 2019, 09:30:30 pm »
I have two mates who got STs and both had full credits for CL

Happy days 👍🏻 Hopefully they’re all like that!!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: June 25, 2019, 10:21:04 pm »
Have tried that and no good, I remember having issues with it when I went to do it originally and tried to sort it multiple times and thought I had but evidently not. Will just sort it on Monday and if I can't get my seat at least I can get a cheaper one.
Same Phil, I remember having issues a few weeks ago when I was checking something - it may have been updating my debit card and you have to go in separately to update cards you may be linked to (and wish to pay for).

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1603 on: June 25, 2019, 11:19:33 pm »
I think this is where I need to explain my job better. It’s essentially an engagement role which means it’s not about what I think, it’s about what others think and me ensuring that the club is aware of it. That involves consulting supporters all the time either directly or via social media and forums. So even if I held a view which favoured season ticket holders or which favoured members it would be irrelevant because it’s not about what I think.
I also look after structured dialogue which means I facilitate the opportunity for supporters to discuss key issues with the club via fan forums. Again, I’m a neutral chair at the meetings in the sense that I’m not there to give my views, I’m there to allow others to give theirs. That happened last night with a forum and the agenda was changed specifically so that the focus would be on the ACS. The report of that meeting will be out in the coming days.
Hope I don’t get slated for this, as don’t want to speak out of turn at all, but given the magnitude of our fan base and the feedback you must receive, do you not think your job / role is more than just a one person role?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:55:20 am by D🐶G »
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1604 on: June 25, 2019, 11:22:35 pm »
With Phil on this. If the criteria is X credits, then anyone with X credits should be eligible to buy. It has to be consistent. Not, no criteria for certain people (i.e. STH's), but criteria for others (i.e. Members). Similarly, if you went to the trouble of getting yourself to 6 last season you should be eligible with those on 6 who had the privilege of being in the ACS.

The wider issue is whether 6 is sufficient. I would argue there should be a higher criteria to guarantee those with longer attendance history, and then it drops down until it sells out.
And this is the issue really isn’t it? Many people are stating their disappointment in this and this is the real crux of the problem, yet the club aren’t seeing it this way or dealing with it head on judging by their statement today.   
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1605 on: June 26, 2019, 06:53:23 am »
Hope I don’t get slated for this, as don’t want to speak out of term at all, but given the magnitude of our fan base and the feedback you must receive, do you not think your job / role is more than just a one person role?
You’re definitely not speaking out of turn. What I would say is Liverpool are the first club to have this type of role. At least one other top club is now looking at doing something similar but there’s no template to follow so sometimes it’s a case or seeing what works and what doesn’t and learning along the way.
In terms of numbers I think there are already many people at the club who do my job naturally in different ways. If you work in ticketing you will know what supporters think about ticketing because they will tell you. If you work in membership you will know what members think because they will tell you.
Where my role is different is it involves structured dialogue without me being linked directly to any particular department. So I don’t think more numbers is the priority right now. I think the most important thing is that I help people to understand the role better so it can be more effective.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1606 on: June 26, 2019, 08:56:12 am »
Cheers Tony, thanks for your response.

Only thing I would say in response, is if the club know what supporters think about ticketing and membership, why are no changes ever implemented, regardless of how subtle those changes might have to be? Conversations such as the ones on here at the moment are a yearly occurrence, so therefore the club must know supporters issues, yet choose to do nothing?

Yet again, you may or may not be in a position to give any feedback on that, but thanks once again for your response and time regardless.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 09:13:49 am by D🐶G »

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: June 26, 2019, 09:00:49 am »
All this talk & as usual nothing is ever done for the supporters who go to game after game year after year..Next Tuesday supporters stress levels will again go through the roof because as usual season  after  season the people that run the ticketing at LFC always leave that little doubt in your mind whether your going to get that golden ticket...
Have spoken to many supporters about this over the years & it really does start impacting on your health,just think sitting in front of a screen for over an hour or in most cases more  wondering if there is going to be anything left..
Know a few like me who did the full house again this season think it was 53 games home,away & all over Europe & to be told we could miss out on this seasons auto scheme is heartbreaking,don't worry we have all booked for the Supercup in Istanbul when OUR club will say it needs us but hey that's what we do...
Maybe its time for OUR club to change its now famous slogan
THIS MEANS MORE   to
MOORE :no MEANS LESS  :'( :butt

Offline momomo

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1608 on: June 26, 2019, 10:25:33 am »
None of you know whether any more season ticket holders than last year have or will sign up for the ACS. The complaints about it being unfair for season ticket holders with no credits to sign up might be based on nothing. We got to the final last year too. If that wasn’t enough to inspire people to sign up, why would this year be? For all you know, fewer season tickets have or will sign up this year.

Because we're favourties to reach the final this time? Going three seasons without losing in Euro knockouts is better than two? Hope of another night like Barca home? Winning number six? Plenty of reasons!

You are correct in that we do not know the numbers, but surely everyone can agree that STHs with zero, one, two, three credits from last year getting guaranteed access to ACS ahead of members with six credits is manifestly unjust, no? Having a system that specifically enables (potential) bandwagon jumpers and shunts back those that have contributed last season is just wrong.

Going back further than that would work for some, but would still leave many bemoaning that their 2 seasons of 100% loyalty are being dismissed.

I'm pretty certain if the rules were "to access the CL ACS 19/20 STHs and members need 12 home credits from 17/18 and 18/19, but you won't be guaranteed" it would have significantly reduce Tony's pre-season workload!

As it is, the club washed its hands of the faux pas by stating "but we did the same last year!". It was wrong last year and it is wrong this year.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1609 on: June 26, 2019, 10:31:04 am »
Rediculous question here but I need to ask it, how does one enrol in ACS for the first time with zero credits? If the standard requirement is games from last season how do new members get in?

I've no credits but I'd enrol in the ACS for the league Cup if something popped up. Do you want to wait until the end of the day and see if anything becomes available?

Again, probably a stupid question. New to this.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: June 26, 2019, 10:32:35 am »
Rediculous question here but I need to ask it, how does one enrol in ACS for the first time with zero credits? If the standard requirement is games from last season how do new members get in?

I've no credits but I'd enrol in the ACS for the league Cup if something popped up. Do you want to wait until the end of the day and see if anything becomes available?

Any drops to the criteria will be announced on the website with a new start date / time for the new criteria. You'd then be able to buy from the new time once you are eligible.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1611 on: June 26, 2019, 10:33:26 am »
Any drops to the criteria will be announced on the website with a new start date / time for the new criteria. You'd then be able to buy from the new time once you are eligible.
Thank you mate, much appreciated.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline SDFKOP

• Main Stander
  • We've conquered all of Europe...
« Reply #1612 on: June 26, 2019, 10:34:47 am »

You might get in on the league cup ACS its only 1 credit from last season (Chelsea) it might go to all members, I'm pretty sure it did last year

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1613 on: June 26, 2019, 10:35:43 am »
You might get in on the league cup ACS its only 1 credit from last season (Chelsea) it might go to all members, I'm pretty sure it did last year
Thanks mate, will keep an eye out.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: June 26, 2019, 10:36:00 am »
Thank you mate, much appreciated.

Also be surprised if you didn't get on the league cup one.  Usually not much take up on that ACS.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: June 26, 2019, 10:37:51 am »
I am almost at the point where I bin off Anfield - last season was incredible, but taking time off work and driving to midweek games isn't ideal.  Also loosing interest with the stress of getting home tickets.

If I don't get up in 30... then that's the final nail.

I'd rather then focus my attention on travelling to obscure places away in Europe.

Think some are like that mate, but that approach and loyalty won't get you a final ticket

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1616 on: June 26, 2019, 10:46:39 am »

It didn't even sell out last year to all members the ACS
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1617 on: June 26, 2019, 10:49:10 am »
It didn't even sell out last year to all members the ACS
What about the FA Cup? Did that go to all members last year?

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #1618 on: June 26, 2019, 10:51:14 am »
All this talk & as usual nothing is ever done for the supporters who go to game after game year after year..Next Tuesday supporters stress levels will again go through the roof because as usual season  after  season the people that run the ticketing at LFC always leave that little doubt in your mind whether your going to get that golden ticket...
Have spoken to many supporters about this over the years & it really does start impacting on your health,just think sitting in front of a screen for over an hour or in most cases more  wondering if there is going to be anything left..
Know a few like me who did the full house again this season think it was 53 games home,away & all over Europe & to be told we could miss out on this seasons auto scheme is heartbreaking,don't worry we have all booked for the Supercup in Istanbul when OUR club will say it needs us but hey that's what we do...
Maybe its time for OUR club to change its now famous slogan
THIS MEANS MORE   to
MOORE :no MEANS LESS  :'( :butt
Absolutely spot on mate..I am in the same situation as are a few others I go the game with...
Just astounds me how inept and out of touch the club are really,,,
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1619 on: June 26, 2019, 10:52:46 am »
I am almost at the point where I bin off Anfield - last season was incredible, but taking time off work and driving to midweek games isn't ideal.  Also loosing interest with the stress of getting home tickets.

If I don't get up in 30... then that's the final nail.

I'd rather then focus my attention on travelling to obscure places away in Europe.

Think some are like that mate, but that approach and loyalty won't get you a final ticket

Its also a pretty entitled approach. Hundreds of thousands of people with no chance of getting into the closed shop as things stands. But if Thomas doesn't get the exact seat he wants its unfair on him and he's spewing it.
Long live the King

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: June 26, 2019, 11:00:41 am »
Its also a pretty entitled approach. Hundreds of thousands of people with no chance of getting into the closed shop as things stands. But if Thomas doesn't get the exact seat he wants its unfair on him and he's spewing it.

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. But if people like a Thomas have years of loyalty, were there against the likes of Sion and Ruban Kazan.

Maybe travelled to Augsburg etc, are then told by this club that STs that couldn't be arsed ticking a box to join ACS when they renewed get another chance before members, and those STs have to have zero previous attendance sucks to high heaven

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: June 26, 2019, 11:09:08 am »

I don't think it did but if we get drawn at home in the first round to a small club then usually no issue getting a ticket in the first sale.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1622 on: June 26, 2019, 11:10:42 am »
Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. But if people like a Thomas have years of loyalty, were there against the likes of Sion and Ruban Kazan.

Maybe travelled to Augsburg etc, are then told by this club that STs that couldn't be arsed ticking a box to join ACS when they renewed get another chance before members, and those STs have to have zero previous attendance sucks to high heaven

I'm not saying the system is great. I totally get that people go everywhere and feel let down. But for now, the system is as it is. Demanding a specific seats seems a bit rich when some people with exactly the same loyalty could potentially miss out on getting on at all.
Long live the King

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1623 on: June 26, 2019, 11:14:16 am »

I don't think so, I know the League Cup they were putting out daily announcements on the website to try and get people to sign up right up until the final day
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: June 26, 2019, 11:17:04 am »
Think people need to calm down to be honest, I am a member with 6 and have been all euro games since god knows when, but season tickets are exactly that, season tickets, so we cant really argue with it

Just chill out, not the end of the world. The only way you'll miss out on an ACS seat is if you miss the sale for whatever reason, and even then you will get first dibs on the match sales and if you're on the ball for them youll be fine

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander
« Reply #1625 on: June 26, 2019, 11:38:38 am »
Think people need to calm down to be honest, I am a member with 6 and have been all euro games since god knows when, but season tickets are exactly that, season tickets, so we cant really argue with it

Just chill out, not the end of the world. The only way you'll miss out on an ACS seat is if you miss the sale for whatever reason, and even then you will get first dibs on the match sales and if you're on the ball for them youll be fine
Not true at all. I know lads who missed out last year on acs with years of history which cause them to miss barca. Now are totally out of the equation. Will be more this year. Potentially 15 years of loyalty wiped in one go.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1626 on: June 26, 2019, 12:35:43 pm »
Not true at all. I know lads who missed out last year on acs with years of history which cause them to miss barca. Now are totally out of the equation. Will be more this year. Potentially 15 years of loyalty wiped in one go.

Did they try too late?

I distinctly remember seats being available later in the day as I was looking for a mate

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander
« Reply #1627 on: June 26, 2019, 12:49:18 pm »
Did they try too late?

I distinctly remember seats being available later in the day as I was looking for a mate
Not sure, bit I remember him only just scraping their porto tickets late on

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1628 on: June 26, 2019, 12:59:47 pm »
if you have 5+ from last year you’ll get first group game, it dropped to like 2/3 last year. Not ideal but better than nothing

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1629 on: June 26, 2019, 01:02:53 pm »
if you have 5+ from last year you’ll get first group game, it dropped to like 2/3 last year. Not ideal but better than nothing

Depends who we get in the draw.  If we pull Madrid out of pot two it won’t drop very far

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1630 on: June 26, 2019, 01:04:18 pm »
I think if you want an idea on the numbers then have a look at the ticket requirements for the finals in Kiev and Madrid.

Both finals had 7+ games for a guaranteed ticket and then then 6 (basically everyone in the the auto cup scheme that didn't go to an away game) for the ballot.

Both finals had a roughly 1 in 4 chance of succeeding. So I would say that in terms of total numbers I dont think there was a massive influx of ACS members going from the 2017/18 into the season just gone.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1631 on: June 26, 2019, 01:45:02 pm »

Yepp. The euro ACS was limited to 4 per transaction which screwed me abit cause I had 5 to do and didn't realise. so did the 4 initially and after alot of checking and refreshing, managed to get the 5th on the kop at around 4/5pm.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: June 26, 2019, 02:09:48 pm »
Depends who we get in the draw.  If we pull Madrid out of pot two it won’t drop very far

Would still get down to four matches no bother

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: June 26, 2019, 02:41:05 pm »
What time are people logging in for a 10am sale? 9am?
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1634 on: June 26, 2019, 02:43:26 pm »

Night before is best, snoozers are losers
Legacy fan

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1635 on: June 26, 2019, 02:43:43 pm »

Already logged on 😂

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: June 26, 2019, 02:44:11 pm »
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: June 26, 2019, 02:46:20 pm »
Not sure, bit I remember him only just scraping their porto tickets late on

That just doesn't make sense.

Porto went down to one credit, because I got one.

How the hell does someone on 6 credits only just scrape a match that has gone down to 1 credit?

I think the problem here is more your mate than the system.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:47:58 pm by scouser102002 »

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1638 on: June 26, 2019, 03:41:01 pm »

The site will be locked down regardless. So it makes no difference what time you log on.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1639 on: June 26, 2019, 04:22:33 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."