Author Topic: PL:Villa 7 v 2 Liv 4’ 22’ 38’ Watkins 32’ 60’ Mo 35’ McGinn’ 55’ Bar 66’ Greal  (Read 12318 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Aston Villa v Liverpool FC, Villa Park – Sunday 4th October 2020, 19:15 KO

Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Richard West
Fourth official: David Coote
VAR: Jon Moss
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child

The last of our opening four games before the International break – god knows what that will bring in terms of the Covid situation, but we’ll park that for another day.

It’s been an excellent start with 3 wins from 3 and our last two league games have been very dominant against two potential rivals. However Villa also have a 100% record after two league games, albeit they’ve played a very poor Fulham and Sheffield United who had 10 men for the majority.

No doubt last season’s late late show in the league at Villa Park helped fuel the fire that last year was going to be the one where we finally regained the title. Hopefully things won’t be quite as tight this time round.
We’ll ignore the League Cup game there last December where we were forced to field kids as our first team were in Qatar. The last time we didn’t pick up 3 points there was a 1-0 defeat in 2011 thanks to a Stewart Downing goal. Our only loss there since 1998.

They spent a bit in the summer bringing in Ollie Watkins, Bertrand Traore, Emiliano Martinez & Matty Cash for decent sums, with Ross Barkley also joining on loan, with no significant departures (sorry Pepe!). So they should be a stronger team this year, albeit for me one that is likely to still be fighting relegation unless Watkins can score the goals required to avoid this.
Last season they averaged just over a goal a game but conceded 67, the second most in the league, however like others they seem to have concentrated on strengthening other areas than their defence.

Can’t say I know loads about Villa, and there aren’t loads of classic encounters between us, but I do recall an Ian Rush hatrick at Villa Park in 1984. It includes a brilliant left foot volley (best seen from behind the goal) and was completed with a volleyed lob after a great piece of control off his thigh. Certainly worth searching out the footage if you’ve never seen them before.

Some selection headache’s for Jurgen this week, with Mane & Thiago missing due to positive Covid tests (Get well soon lads), and Henderson looks like being a last minute decision.
Goes without saying Mane is a big miss, but Diogo Jota has looked good so far and having scored on his Anfield debut so is likely to come in I’d imagine. Other than that I suspect it’ll be the same line up as against Arsenal on Monday unless Henderson is fit and comes in.

Clearly we’re stronger on paper everywhere on the pitch, and the early evidence is there has been no let up in desire or intensity from last season, this should continue on Sunday and if we play as well as we have so far this should be a comfortable win, in what is now a must win game, after the Everton result!

Come on Red Men, we must keep up the pressure on the title favourites from over the park. (Tongue firmly in cheek – although to be fair they have made a good start).
« Last Edit: October 4, 2020, 08:51:44 pm by Tepid T₂O »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Aston Villa v the Champions
« Reply #1 on: October 4, 2020, 06:19:12 pm »
Liverpool: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Jota, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Henderson, Jones, Minamino, Origi, N. Williams.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: October 4, 2020, 06:19:20 pm »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 4, 2020, 07:13:13 pm »
Two teams are coming out, to some very loud music.  :o  What the hell are they playing sounds like someone in pain.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 4, 2020, 07:16:47 pm »
0 Liverpool kick off.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 4, 2020, 07:18:22 pm »
1 It  has started off quite quickly, Villa very quick at trying to retrieve the ball from us.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #6 on: October 4, 2020, 07:18:51 pm »
Two teams are coming out, to some very loud music.  :o  What the hell are they playing sounds like someone in pain.

See Manchester isn't that far from Birmingham. Might just be Ole.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 4, 2020, 07:20:05 pm »
2 A bit of a misunderstanding there as Salah was expecting Trent to pass to his right but it was on the other side. Its been really quick this game Villa are really up for the battle.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #8 on: October 4, 2020, 07:20:16 pm »
Villa starting with energetic endeavour.

Rare sight of Keita being robbed of the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 4, 2020, 07:20:55 pm »
3 Watkins scores for Villa,  no surpise they have been quicker than us. We lost the ball really carelessly not a surprise.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Aston Villa 1 v 0 the Champions 4’ Watkins
« Reply #10 on: October 4, 2020, 07:21:15 pm »
Adrian... oh my god.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rush 82

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 4, 2020, 07:22:41 pm »
3 Watkins scores for Villa,  no surpise they have been quicker than us. We lost the ball really carelessly not a surprise.
100 percent on Adrian that

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #12 on: October 4, 2020, 07:22:42 pm »
That is unforgiveably poor.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 4, 2020, 07:22:50 pm »
5 We are finding it hard to put up with the pace of Villa, and all we are doing is hitting the ball long and it goes through to the Villa keeper.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 4, 2020, 07:23:42 pm »
100 percent on Adrian that

Yes, just seen it again.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 4, 2020, 07:24:23 pm »
7 We had our first half chance with a corner but its cleared.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 4, 2020, 07:25:16 pm »
8 A chance there for Barkley he really should have scored only eight yards out, fooled Van Dijk there.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 4, 2020, 07:26:40 pm »
9 Every time we attack we just lose the ball, this time its Bobby. But every time Villa attack they are going through the team.

Offline TepidT2O

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 4, 2020, 07:27:04 pm »
8 A chance there for Barkley he really should have scored only eight yards out, fooled Van Dijk there.
a bit lucky really, his pass went through VVDs legs...

Should have scored mind.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 4, 2020, 07:27:36 pm »
10 A little better by us there, Robbo manages to get put in a good cross and it goes out for a corner. Trent swings it in but its headed away. Then the ball comes back in but on the second occasion they clear it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 4, 2020, 07:29:35 pm »
12 We are being let down by our passing at the moment, another move there which is cleared up by a relieved Villa defender.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 4, 2020, 07:30:29 pm »
15 A good move there between Keita and Robbo ends up with a corner. Robbo swings it in but the ball is nodded away then keita gets the ball but eventually its cleared away by Villa.

Over to Tepid.

Offline Rush 82

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 4, 2020, 07:31:21 pm »
Better movement in the last 5 minutes - hemming Villa in

Offline TepidT2O

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 4, 2020, 07:31:28 pm »
Oh Bobby .....oh...
W

Offline TepidT2O

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 4, 2020, 07:32:33 pm »
15 beautiful move and Bobby has a shot from 6 yards.

It’s saved, but there could well have been a penalty there.  Nowt given of course.
W

Offline Rush 82

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 4, 2020, 07:32:36 pm »
Salah knocked down in the penalty area - Atkinson and Moss screw us over

Offline TepidT2O

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 4, 2020, 07:33:10 pm »
Doesn’t get overturned is it’s given.

It’s a clear penalty.  God knows what VAR is doing.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 4, 2020, 07:33:37 pm »

Possible bad angle, but it did look as though Salah was knocked over. Surely VAR looked at it?

Offline Rush 82

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 4, 2020, 07:34:31 pm »
Commentator reckons it's probably a penalty but Moss probably thinks it wasn't a 'clear and obvious error'

These officials are fucking useless

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 4, 2020, 07:35:28 pm »
Commentator reckons it's probably a penalty but Moss probably thinks it wasn't a 'clear and obvious error'

These officials are fucking useless

He knocked him over how much clearer does it have to be?

Offline TepidT2O

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 4, 2020, 07:35:29 pm »
18 pinball in the area.  How we haven’t scored.  Bobby should tucked it away...

Keita follow up is blocked.

W

Offline Rush 82

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 4, 2020, 07:36:28 pm »
We should have scored there - hit it first time Bobby!

Offline TepidT2O

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 4, 2020, 07:37:55 pm »
20 through them like a knife through butter.

Bobby shits form the left and the keeper saves.

Corner for the reds is cleared.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 4, 2020, 07:39:26 pm »
22 2-0. Watkins with a super strike on the break.

Great  finish but we had chances to stop him cutting in.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Aston Villa 1 v 0 the Champions 4’ 22’ Watkins
« Reply #34 on: October 4, 2020, 07:40:14 pm »
Adrian to blame for the first but our defence is so casual, we had chances to shut him down but too slow.

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Aston Villa 2 v 0 the Champions 4’ 22’ Watkins
« Reply #35 on: October 4, 2020, 07:40:46 pm »
Bobby looking sharp, causing problems. Good recovery from a poor start

Offline TepidT2O

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 4, 2020, 07:41:17 pm »
24 shot form Jota from 20 yards straight at their keeper

W

Offline Rush 82

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 4, 2020, 07:42:14 pm »
Pity Jota took a shot there - could have laid off to Keita who was in a good position

Offline Rush 82

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 4, 2020, 07:43:33 pm »
VVD caught with studs in the face - he's ok now

Offline jillcwhomever

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 4, 2020, 07:43:35 pm »
Bollocks. Spoke too soon (you don’t have to post this!)

Well, we have to blame someone.  ;)