Author Topic: Thieving Scousers?  (Read 8036 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Thieving Scousers?
« Reply #40 on: January 5, 2018, 07:29:15 pm »
If anybody bellend comes up with that shit joke here is what you say.

Bellend - What do you call a Scouser in a suit ?

You - A Beatle.

Game , set and match !

:lmao

That's fucking brilliant.

The stereotype definitely (sadly) still pervades. I had to put right some family members from down south when I saw them last year.

Thing is, if anyone actually bothers to come here and check out the city, they're usually struck by how great it is, how friendly people are, how much there is to do, the great history etc. So I think its mainly from people who've never been, which is just wilful ignorance.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: January 5, 2018, 07:34:24 pm »
Posh part of West Lancs, are you talking about Aughton?
A bit further out mate some probably don't even realise we are in west lancs as we're the last house before it becomes Chorley [emoji13]

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #42 on: January 5, 2018, 07:51:13 pm »
The stereotype is obviously unfair, but as a scouser who has lived in a few places and not in Liverpool for close on ten years, there is something about us that I can now understand were the stereotype comes from. We are always, always looking for a chance of something (not in an illegal sense even), there is no doubt scousers are more aware of their surroundings than elsewhere, which to the untrained eye makes it look criminal. It's hard to explain, but it's there.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #43 on: January 5, 2018, 07:51:54 pm »
The Netherton Arms is still going strong  :)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 5, 2018, 10:22:33 pm »
The stereotype is obviously unfair, but as a scouser who has lived in a few places and not in Liverpool for close on ten years, there is something about us that I can now understand were the stereotype comes from. We are always, always looking for a chance of something (not in an illegal sense even), there is no doubt scousers are more aware of their surroundings than elsewhere, which to the untrained eye makes it look criminal. It's hard to explain, but it's there.

IMO it all comes from the docks, employment was unsteady and you needed to be quick and take an opportunity when you saw one (of whatever kind) if you wanted a day's pay. I would say that topping up your pay yourself was also common and in some way expected by the merchants. Its a big difference to the mills of Manchester for example, where employment (while generally shit) was steady, as long as you didn't upset your superiors.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 5, 2018, 10:28:57 pm »
The Netherton Arms is still going strong  :)
[emoji106]

I can't be arsed to change my Tapatalk settings because my time is more important than yours

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 5, 2018, 11:08:44 pm »
I could of nicked it....

But I didn't

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: January 6, 2018, 04:49:04 pm »
Was working in Bristol for a few days a few years ago and Fck me people would clam up when I spoke to them. Just because I’ve got a Liverpool accent doesn’t mean I’m going to fkn mug you.

On holiday too it’s always oh where is my wallet or watch jokes  :butt

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #48 on: January 6, 2018, 07:17:58 pm »
I heard somebody at the services on Boxing Day tell people going out in Liverpool that evening to watch their wallets, when I challenged them it was because of the Everton fans. I soon set him straight that because I've never had anything stolen from me in Liverpool. Wasn't the only person who set them straight either.

It's a damaging stereotype to the people and the city.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: January 7, 2018, 12:01:00 pm »
I heard somebody at the services on Boxing Day tell people going out in Liverpool that evening to watch their wallets, when I challenged them it was because of the Everton fans. I soon set him straight that because I've never had anything stolen from me in Liverpool. Wasn't the only person who set them straight either.

Is right mate

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #50 on: January 7, 2018, 12:18:54 pm »

I've had my car stolen in Liverpool and my pocket picked in Rome and Nice.

So that's about 2 million rascals then.

Crime happens everywhere. The problem is stereotyping is easy and appeals to the lazy and ignorant.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #51 on: January 7, 2018, 07:43:41 pm »

IMO it all comes from the docks, employment was unsteady and you needed to be quick and take an opportunity when you saw one (of whatever kind) if you wanted a day's pay. I would say that topping up your pay yourself was also common and in some way expected by the merchants. Its a big difference to the mills of Manchester for example, where employment (while generally shit) was steady, as long as you didn't upset your superiors.
That's a good shout.

Coming from Manchester the crime capital of Europe for much of the eighties I always thought it bordering on insane that you guys had the rep as thieves.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 7, 2018, 08:28:43 pm »
This isn't in Liverpool, way down south instead, but someone I know had all their Christmas shopping taken out of their boot whilst going to pay in a car park. Some fellas saw it was left unlocked and ransacked it. Ran away.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 8, 2018, 01:01:29 am »
Anyone that took a coach to aways in the 80's and stopped at motorway services would think the stereotype was true......

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 8, 2018, 09:06:33 am »
Anyone that took a coach to aways in the 80's and stopped at motorway services would think the stereotype was true......

I think that went across all football fans though.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 8, 2018, 01:39:42 pm »
I was on holiday recently with the wife and met another couple .Seemed decent , but when the conversation came around as to where we were form , up popped the old hubcaps comments .I just sarcastically applauded and asked if he had any more cliches to offer . Up came the tired old ' calm down , calm dawn ' with the stupid fuckin arm movements  . Don't know if he thought we'd be
amused , but he ended up looking embarrassed . Felt sorry for his wife as she seemed nice . Came across them a couple of times during the week with the knobhead avoiding any eye conntact.

Always amazes me the amount of attention that Liverpool gets media wise . As soon as any article comes up, the trolls arrive in droves ready to impart their witty piposte - thick pricks .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 8, 2018, 01:53:27 pm »
Whenever I think of a Scouser I straight away think of that bloke in Boys from the Blackstuff in the Pub asking everybody to shake hands, before Yossa sticks the nut on him    :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 9, 2018, 08:42:10 am »
Unfortunately Esther McVey at DWP will reinforce any thieving stereotype.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #58 on: January 9, 2018, 12:10:34 pm »
Reminds of the classic oldie....."mind your car mister"......."it's ok son Ive got a Rottweiler in the back"....."Can it put fires out though"...:)
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #59 on: January 9, 2018, 12:18:53 pm »
I was on holiday recently with the wife and met another couple .Seemed decent , but when the conversation came around as to where we were form , up popped the old hubcaps comments .I just sarcastically applauded and asked if he had any more cliches to offer . Up came the tired old ' calm down , calm dawn ' with the stupid fuckin arm movements  . Don't know if he thought we'd be
amused , but he ended up looking embarrassed . Felt sorry for his wife as she seemed nice . Came across them a couple of times during the week with the knobhead avoiding any eye conntact.

Always amazes me the amount of attention that Liverpool gets media wise . As soon as any article comes up, the trolls arrive in droves ready to impart their witty piposte - thick pricks .

Should've nutted the c*nt for a laugh.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 9, 2018, 10:46:46 pm »

Unfortunately Esther McVey at DWP will reinforce any thieving stereotype.

In the twisted would we currently live in, she'll be seen as the exception to the rule, the scouser who went on to do something useful with her life. Values fucked up beyond belief.  :no
« Last Edit: January 9, 2018, 10:48:54 pm by kopite.keith.cheggers.remembered.this.xmas. »
When in Rome...

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 08:40:45 am »
On a positive note, I’ve lived all over the country and heard Liverpool discussed many times (there’s a certain fascination) and on balance your ignorant “thieving scouser” nob heads who have never been near the city are vastly outweighed these days by those who have been and had a great time and consequently sing its praises. The great pubs and overall friendliness of the people gets mentioned a lot and when people go for the first time, there’s often genuine surprise (because of the type of thing this thread’s about) that it’s a fantastic place to visit. There’s also a huge amount of respect from many who have taken the time to properly think about the fight for justice. Just worth remembering as the expectations can occasionally work both ways.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2018, 10:59:07 pm »
I've had my car stolen in Liverpool and my pocket picked in Rome and Nice.

So that's about 2 million rascals then.

Crime happens everywhere. The problem is stereotyping is easy and appeals to the lazy and ignorant.

This is spot on imo!

I've been to Liverpool once a year over the last 12 years and I've not once had anything stolen from me or any of my mates who've been with me. Never have we been provoked to start a fight or anything remotely close to these kinds of things.

However I spent my party days of my youth in Copenhagen and the northern (posh) suburbs and believe me I've seen my share of fights, people being robbed etc. I've had my wallet stolen once in Copenhagen so I guess Copenhagen is dangerous place...  ::)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2018, 11:31:53 pm »
My mum always tells me a funny story, went back to Liverpool with my dad for the first time back in the 70’s. Having a drink on Christmas Eve and one of me dads mates puts on a huge jacket, smiles, and starts to tell the whole pub he was off to do his Christmas shopping. Despite growing up in Glasgow, my mum was pretty oblivious to this side of life and my dad had to tell her what the jacket was for  ;D

I got burgled when I lived in Liverpool, and defo seen/heard more stories of theft and robbery than where I’m from down in London. Flip side though we never, ever got trouble in town on a night out. Never felt threatened, even when we were bladdered and probably being far too rowdy. Always loved that about Liverpool City centre, can’t say the same about Mani, Brum, Leeds etc.