Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 13th-15th January  (Read 38945 times)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League fixtures 13th-15th January
« Reply #720 on: January 15, 2018, 09:46:20 pm »
Ground's emptying out with 3 minutes still to go ;D
It's been like that the whole game.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #721 on: January 15, 2018, 09:46:53 pm »
Pogba value for money or did I hear that wrong  ;D
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: January 15, 2018, 09:48:18 pm »
Pogba value for money or did I hear that wrong  ;D
when lemar etc is valued at 90 million, I would say he is these days.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #723 on: January 15, 2018, 09:48:53 pm »
There's never been a more hyped show pony than Pogba. These commentators would wax lyrical about him taking a shit.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #724 on: January 15, 2018, 09:50:06 pm »
when lemar etc is valued at 90 million, I would say he is these days.

Yeaaaahhhh, that was 18 months ago though

I mean Markovic doesn’t look bad compared to some of the signings now, but he obviously actually was.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: January 15, 2018, 09:50:48 pm »
There's never been a more hyped show pony than Pogba. These commentators would wax lyrical about him taking a shit.
He was awesome for Juve, and he is great at times for united. Held back by the small one for me though. Put him in our team and he would explode.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: January 15, 2018, 09:51:37 pm »
He was awesome for Juve, and he is great at times for united. Held back by the small one for me though. Put him in our team and he would explode.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team. Hyped up show pony.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: January 15, 2018, 09:51:57 pm »

Better than Zidane. United would have still been in the title race without his injury. That's what Twitter and Café Rouge say (srs)
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #728 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:17 pm »
It's easy to see why they're praising him tonight though. Completed 4/6 dribbles and played 4 key passes resulting in 2 assists, that's a pretty solid performance. Not a popular opinion on here but I think he's a really good player.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #729 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:19 pm »
How have they managed to keep De Gea this long? You can bet that if he was playing for us we'd have received multiple offers in the region of £80m+ from Spanish clubs with him feigning injury or going on strike in order to force through his "dream" move.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:42 pm »
If I was Stokes new manager I think I would resign now its not going to be pretty lol
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: January 15, 2018, 09:54:21 pm »
It's easy to see why they're praising him tonight though. Completed 4/6 dribbles and played 4 key passes resulting in 2 assists, that's a pretty solid performance. Not a popular opinion on here but I think he's a really good player.

He's a good player alright Gerry there's no doubting that. He's not the second coming of christ though.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: January 15, 2018, 09:55:51 pm »
He's a good player alright Gerry there's no doubting that. He's not the second coming of christ though.

Absolutely and he's not likeable at all, but I think he's their best and most important outfield player by quite a way. When he plays well they tend to win, when he doesn't they tend to be a bit shit.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: January 15, 2018, 09:57:25 pm »
How have they managed to keep De Gea this long? You can bet that if he was playing for us we'd have received multiple offers in the region of £80m+ from Spanish clubs with him feigning injury or going on strike in order to force through his "dream" move.

Maybe big clubs don't actually rate him that much? He's good, but I think he gets a bit overrated. He's the best goalie in the league but after the game against Arsenal he was being talked up like he's the second coming of Lev Yashin, despite most of the saves being ones you'd expect from anybody decent.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: January 15, 2018, 09:58:16 pm »
Bah, he's good. His stats make him look better than he is. Clear level below KDB.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #735 on: January 15, 2018, 09:59:59 pm »
Maybe big clubs don't actually rate him that much? He's good, but I think he gets a bit overrated. He's the best goalie in the league but after the game against Arsenal he was being talked up like he's the second coming of Lev Yashin, despite most of the saves being ones you'd expect from anybody decent.

Is there currently a better keeper in the world though? Who else even comes close to him, Oblak?

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
« Reply #736 on: January 15, 2018, 10:01:41 pm »

Yeah he’s defo got to the overrated stage, not that he’s not excellent but a striker can put a tame effort straight at him and it’s hailed as a miracle save every time now.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: January 15, 2018, 10:03:08 pm »

He is the best keeper in the world.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: January 15, 2018, 10:03:18 pm »

He was basically on his way to Madrid on deadline day until United faxed the paperwork through late which meant the deal couldn't be finalised in time. Then their interest dropped mostly, bar a few paper rumours (the same ones that link Ronaldo to United every season). United, Liverpool, Arsenal... we're all down the food chain to Madrid and Barca, generally speaking. We've lost Alonso, Suarez, Coutinho. United lost Beckham, Ronaldo, van Nistelrooy.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: January 15, 2018, 10:03:36 pm »
Is there currently a better keeper in the world though? Who else even comes close to him, Oblak?

As a shot stopper probably not, but I don't think his all round game is exceptional. I don't believe he's particularly great at coming off his line and his distribution isn't stellar.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: January 15, 2018, 10:06:40 pm »
He is the best keeper in the world.

Not in my opinion. I'd take Neuer ahead of him for sure, Oblak and Ter Stegen perhaps as well.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #741 on: January 15, 2018, 10:08:08 pm »
Neuer never rarely gets mentioned in that conversation anymore - is it just because Bayern are uncool at the moment?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: January 15, 2018, 10:10:08 pm »
Neuer never rarely gets mentioned in that conversation anymore - is it just because Bayern are uncool at the moment?

It's because he's been injured a lot, when he's fit he's still the best around in my opinion. Exceptionally good at sweeping up attacks, very good distribution and a quality shot stopper.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:13:46 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #743 on: January 15, 2018, 10:12:30 pm »
ThAts the worst team in the prem on current form

And Neville is getting dangerously close to saying 'back' and 'swagger' close together again
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: January 15, 2018, 10:14:36 pm »
ThAts the worst team in the prem on current form

And Neville is getting dangerously close to saying 'back' and 'swagger' close together again

what a grim midfield. Fletcher, Ireland and Allen.  Pogba had the freedom of the park.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: January 15, 2018, 10:15:54 pm »
what a grim midfield. Fletcher, Ireland and Allen.  Pogba had the freedom of the park.

Horrendous

Let them do what they wanted

Jurgen Klopp

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: January 15, 2018, 10:22:38 pm »
Unless he pushed there's only Real - Barca seem to be a big no - and maybe now PSG who can afford to be bigger than United.

Thing for me about him is, sine he's gone to United, which is what, 5-6 years? - he's never seen a better player than himself come in. Good players retiring, leaving, less good players coming in, and the team deteriorating continually.
He's got far less Spanish caps than might be expected, and all he needed to do was fight to go to Madrid to gaurantee himself first choice.
So, I've wondered this for a while, but despite being a great goalkeeper, I suspect he might be a bit dim.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: January 15, 2018, 10:29:33 pm »

Because he's the biggest example of the emperors new clothes in the history of the game

Almost every one of these acrobatic saves that has Martin Tyler falling out of the comm box over he's a tosser of he lets it in. Big Clubs don't listen to the media they watch tapes

Watch some of them and you'll see
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:31:13 pm by rushyman »

Jurgen Klopp

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: January 15, 2018, 11:10:35 pm »
Absolutely and he's not likeable at all, but I think he's their best and most important outfield player by quite a way. When he plays well they tend to win, when he doesn't they tend to be a bit shit.

I just don't see it Gerry. Think Mata and Martial are far more important to them.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: January 15, 2018, 11:27:58 pm »

De Gea is good there is no doubting that. However a decent keeper behind a shit defence or midfield is always going to look very good because of the number of chances the opposition are bound to create. More shots and crosses coming in mean more saves to make so the numbers get inflated. Compare that to a decent keeper in a very good size and chances for the opposition become few and far between. I think Migs had very good numbers before he came to us but he was playing for a shit team so generally had more work to do. I also think De Gea has an above average number of shots straight at him, dunno if that is only down to his positioning or good fortune. I would give him the beneift of my doubt but hes not immune from mistakes either or getting beat at his near post. All keepers have howlers now and then, look at Ederson yesterday but no one is talking about him.  De Gea might well be worth 10 points to the Mancs but it would be much less in a good side as he would have less to do less often.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline zirgam

• Kemlynite