Author Topic: LFC Bulk Sales for the 2nd half of the 2017/18 season *dates confirmed*  (Read 36974 times)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Re: LFC Bulk Sales for the 2nd half of the 2017/18 season *dates confirmed*
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2017, 09:37:18 am »
Got straight in and sorted 4 in 306 for all 8 matches.

A definite improvement compared to before, it only took them 7 years and 14 bulk sales to get it right though!
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2017, 09:40:38 am »
After an hour wait the only sections with 3 left were in anny road upper ...
Wanted kop so paid a lot more ... not happy but ins in

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2017, 09:43:41 am »
Got straight in and sorted 4 in 306 for all 8 matches.

A definite improvement compared to before, it only took them 7 years and 14 bulk sales to get it right though!

They didn't 'get it right'. It's just pot luck how quickly you got in. Someone else will have waited an hour and not got 306

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2017, 09:46:56 am »
They didn't 'get it right'. It's just pot luck how quickly you got in. Someone else will have waited an hour and not got 306

what else are they meant to do though? other than a random allocation?

Allow everyone to buy in 306?
Allow people who have a first name ending in a Y but second letter in the surname as A in first?
Or as barney said, allow redordead to buy his choice of seat then everyone else?
They did get it right!
Would a better system be letting you get yourself sorted at 8.10 before opening up to the rest at 8.15? Do you think you could design a system that keeps 100000 people happy with their seat for each game they purchase? If so, you should probably apply for the job.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2017, 09:50:38 am »
That went a lot better than July's farce. All sorted for 6 games in 25 minutes.

Offline Redordead

• Legacy Fan
  • Rarely visits North Korea these days
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2017, 09:57:49 am »
What Swoopy said.

That's my worst experience with the bulk sale (yes worse than July for me!), had the longest wait and the worst seat selection.  But, hey ho, I'll stop me moaning as we're the 'fortunate ' ones!

Houses smell of mushy peas, cat piss, dope and (in the more extreme cases in West Yorks) ammunition.  Wives look like scarred pitbull terriers.  Children are feral, resembling hungry monkeys.  Bloke wears vests a lot.  Tracksuit bottoms.  Slippers.  Few tattoos.  Wishes he'd joined the army, pretends he was a Para.  Spends too much time wanking...

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2017, 10:09:21 am »
what else are they meant to do though? other than a random allocation?

Allow everyone to buy in 306?
Allow people who have a first name ending in a Y but second letter in the surname as A in first?
Or as barney said, allow redordead to buy his choice of seat then everyone else?
They did get it right!

There isn't anything else they can do. The previous 'system' of the pre-queue sequential order was great for those that knew it existed but I never thought it was fair that way.

The current way is the fairest it can be I think

The best way was the phone lines and knowing to call at exactly 8.15.03 on the RAWK time clock. Don't think I ever didn't get through straight away going by that method ;D

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2017, 10:13:38 am »
well done LFC for sorting the system out, that was a lot less stressful than other sales.

all sorted in KOP, ARL and MSU2 on a computer.

timed out on my phone as a lot longer to select seats and cards.

good luck everyone for the next sales and YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2017, 10:24:38 am »
Seems the shoe was on the other foot here this time. Absolutely no problem for the first time in ages & all sorted in the Kop within a few minutes.
Justice for the 96

Offline red and white liz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2017, 10:29:34 am »
I must have had a premonition! Out by 9.10 with 4 out of 8 games in the Kop (including the 3 games I most wanted). Very slim pickings in Kop by then though - had to try multiple times to get what I did.

Can't fault the site today - queue said 'less than 45', was in in 35 and everything ran smoothly once in. Would have been even quicker if I'd not iniitially selected three games in the 'adult/junior' section.

Still think they need more tiers of sale going forward - I got luckier today than I did in July, but no doubt there will be others on 19 who've missed out on getting ANY Kop tickets!

I am on 19 from last season and thankfully this season now as well, all first half of season in Kop, this time, 1 ticket, Watford!  All others in Annie Rd and one MS.  Just went for the next price tier as cannot afford £60 per ticket for MS.  Massive price jump.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2017, 10:44:02 am »
5 min wait and very easy. got all 2 for all games in kop. Hopefully the new system in place for next season where you can login before the sale and it kicks people off who don't qualify.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2017, 10:53:46 am »
By reading the numerous posts on here, clearly it went a lot better for the vast majority compared to past sales. So yes, they did 'get it right' compared to past experiences.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2017, 11:09:40 am »
Best in a long while for me to, in and out in 15 minutes and all Kop for the first time in 3 seasons.

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2017, 11:20:56 am »
What's the maximum number of tickets you can get on one log in?

Got in early enough this morning and got mine, brothers and two lads tickets for all 8. Also had 2 in the basket for mates who are linked to me for city and spurs. Tried checking out and said I had too many transactions. Ditched the extra tickets and it let me checkout? Probably answering my own question but I'm guessing it's only 4 tickets per game?

Got my mates sorted for the tickets they wanted so no real issue just never knew there was a limit to how many tickets per login.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2017, 11:33:41 am »
What's the maximum number of tickets you can get on one log in?

Got in early enough this morning and got mine, brothers and two lads tickets for all 8. Also had 2 in the basket for mates who are linked to me for city and spurs. Tried checking out and said I had too many transactions. Ditched the extra tickets and it let me checkout? Probably answering my own question but I'm guessing it's only 4 tickets per game?

Got my mates sorted for the tickets they wanted so no real issue just never knew there was a limit to how many tickets per login.
4 per login. Frustrating for me as there is 5 of us so have to go 3 + 2 in separate logins

Offline Kraken

• Main Stander
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2017, 11:35:43 am »
Given the look of the remaining seats, I'm not holding out much hope of getting anything in the free for all on Thursday :(

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2017, 11:42:05 am »
Given the look of the remaining seats, I'm not holding out much hope of getting anything in the free for all on Thursday :(

I thought only half the seats were available today, so there will be more up on Thursday?

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2017, 11:55:38 am »
Only have 2 computers for tomorrow, not feeling confident at all. Must be at work 9AM uk time as well. Oh fuck... so giving myself 15-20 minutes for waiting in the queue and checking out, hopeful right..  :D

At work 10 mins early, never in doubt...

Offline Jon_YNWA82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2017, 12:12:45 pm »
2 mins wait, all games in Kop.  Was pretty decent this morning!

With the system proving to be more stable, hopefully this is a sign of things to come not only from the club but fans with multiple browers open.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2017, 12:18:01 pm »
Had a ~20 minute wait. Was on patchy 4G in the middle of London Waterloo but no real fuss thankfully. All games in the Kop, unlike the shitshow of the last sale. Hope everyone got sorted.
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2017, 12:26:00 pm »
You can tell it must have gone pretty well by the length of this thread! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2017, 12:31:23 pm »
So far the system hasn't crashed and thats a good think! But theres still the issue of way to many users login in at once. The only way they can make it fair and less traffic is if they start with 17, 15, 13.

I agree it should be tiered further, but your split won't work, as nearly everyone in today's sale will be in the 17+ group.   The groups need to be equal sizes.   There are easy ways of doing this.  For example, you could go back over five years, say, rather than one, and award variable points per game, with most points going to the least desirable games, just like other clubs do.  The software the club uses can handle this.  However, I understand the club are only interested in changing loyalty assessment in ways that improve revenue (e.g. points for spending in the shop!).  They also cited fears of upsetting certain elements of SoS.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:42:29 pm by MKB »

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2017, 12:33:11 pm »
Would a better system be letting you get yourself sorted at 8.10 before opening up to the rest at 8.15? Do you think you could design a system that keeps 100000 people happy with their seat for each game they purchase? If so, you should probably apply for the job.

That wasn't directed at me, but I'll answer.  I could certainly come up with something fairer and easily workable.  But I design systems for a living, so what do I know.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2017, 12:36:52 pm »
It's still not right tho, how many people still had multiple browsers open, how many people were in the queue who weren't eligible to buy tickets.  From their blog they know that this happens.  Seems so simple to sort, get people to login before being allowed to join the queue and only allow one logged in session!!!  The people who then had to wait 1hr this morning, may only have had to wait 30mins.

Be interesting to know how many sessions were in the queue at 08:15

08.50 GMT
There are now 5700 sessions in the queue.  Thank you for waiting.

08.46 GMT
Supporters with less than 13 home Premier League home games recorded during season 2016-2017 should not join the queue as you will be unable to purchase tickets in today’s sale.

08.40 GMT
Can we please remind supporters to keep browsers to a minimum and only select the number of seats they wish to purchase.
This will speed up queuing time for all supporters.

Offline Kraken

• Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2017, 12:39:11 pm »
I thought only half the seats were available today, so there will be more up on Thursday?

I hope that's the case!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2017, 12:39:51 pm »
It's still not right tho, how many people still had multiple browsers open, how many people were in the queue who weren't eligible to buy tickets.  From their blog they know that this happens.  Seems so simple to sort, get people to login before being allowed to join the queue and only allow one logged in session!!!  The people who then had to wait 1hr this morning, may only have had to wait 30mins.

08.50 GMT

08.46 GMT
Supporters with less than 13 home Premier League home games recorded during season 2016-2017 should not join the queue as you will be unable to purchase tickets in today’s sale.

08.40 GMT
Can we please remind supporters to keep browsers to a minimum and only select the number of seats they wish to purchase.

Yep, we say this every time. Other clubs do it so why can't we. Would also stop chancers on less than 13 from getting in the queue.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2017, 12:41:58 pm »

Absolutely correct.  I was lucky today, but other times I haven't been.  It's crazy that luck can screw up half a season.   We have been helped today by the fact that the team is not playing at their best, so ticket demand may be down.  There seems to be a fair bit of anecdotal evidence that some regulars have had enough and are jacking it in.

The blog is great, but how do we report issues?  It needs to be two-way.

The biggest problem is that the Kop is too cheap and the Upper Main, Upper Kenny and Anfield stands are too expensive.  It would work better if everywhere outside Lower Main and Lower Kenny was a flat £45.  Then members and seasies would not be fighting over the Kop seats without regard for whether they want to contribute to the atmosphere.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2017, 12:53:19 pm »
I think the TO should have activated the seat-selection function at 09:55, once the queue had cleared.  They can easily turn it off again before 08:15 tomorrow.  Would be fair to those 13+ members who are buying during the course of the rest of today.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2017, 02:04:08 pm »
That wasn't directed at me, but I'll answer.  I could certainly come up with something fairer and easily workable.  But I design systems for a living, so what do I know.

I agree with this.

I work in IT and even I know that a system where it checks your credit history and allows you access is a fairly simple idea. This would be the easiest way for the sales to work going forward.

Sale starts, login into the account, system checks your history, if you qualify you get access, if you don't then you get kicked out. Fairly simple and shocked a Massive business like Liverpool can't use this,
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2017, 02:07:58 pm »
I think everyone has said the demand for the kop is so high even with guaranteed seats, £37 vs £53 could mean extra £304 over the 19 games. Given that it's £703 at the cheapest plus travel etc any extra might be the difference between no going and once you lose this loyalty your screwed, it's no wonder everyone uses multiple browsers / computers.
Standing on the Kop and cheaper prices in the corners of the main stand would be the answer.

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2017, 02:08:47 pm »

08.50 GMT

08.46 GMT

08.40 GMT

Can't really blame people for opening multiple browsers, the system forces that on you, and I'm guilty as charged. Had 3 devices 15 minutes, 45 minutes and over an hour on them. Closed the other 2 down once I got in. My choice of tickets would probably have been a lot different if I only had 1 browser open.

Pre log in on one device seems the only fair way to go in my opinion.

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2017, 02:28:10 pm »
Ahh well looks like another season without tickets may just cancel membership, been impossible when you have less that 4 credits

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2017, 02:42:12 pm »
Ahh well looks like another season without tickets may just cancel membership, been impossible when you have less that 4 credits

It's not really. I have less than 4 from last year and managed 3 games already this season, and I'm coming up from Sussex. It's only impossible if you want specific seats at specific games. 

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2017, 02:44:33 pm »
All in all an improvement of the July sale, but surly it couldn't have gone as bad again.

But people that got in early and got sorted on the kop or other seats they wanted will always be happy and the others stuck in the queue for 45+ min will not be.
I got better tickets in July all on the kop that time and non today. That said the sale was better executed today but Im not happy as I didn't get the tickets I wanted.

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2017, 02:46:37 pm »
It's not really. I have less than 4 from last year and managed 3 games already this season, and I'm coming up from Sussex. It's only impossible if you want specific seats at specific games. 

I had zero luck in the sales last July and November and also this July not being able to get in before all sold out. Traveling from Ireland I want to make sure I have a ticket before booking flights and hotels so late sales would be a very big risk to help build credits back up. I will be up early again on Thursday to try for the sales

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2017, 03:25:43 pm »
I had zero luck in the sales last July and November and also this July not being able to get in before all sold out. Traveling from Ireland I want to make sure I have a ticket before booking flights and hotels so late sales would be a very big risk to help build credits back up. I will be up early again on Thursday to try for the sales

Ah, fair enough if you're coming from abroad. Problem with the bulk is the change in match dates too. I try the bulk but most of the time I get them through the late returns. If I have to cancel a train cause I can't get a match ticket at least I only lose out on £10.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2017, 05:57:52 pm »
I though today was a marked improvement on the opening sale during July which took me longer than the CAT C sale.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2017, 06:56:18 pm »

No, the club DID get it right, because this time there wasn't any weird complications like errors with payments, page kicking you out for now reason, tickets disappearing from the basket etc, the servers were run properly today, thats why the club did get it right. I have been straight in and have had really horrible sales, with every kind of problems, today I had to wait a bit, but the sale was smooth and easy. Credit were its due.

That being said, I think something will be fucked up tomorrow I feel  ;D

When was the last time, there was only 5 pages of discussion after a day of bulk sales - that shows that there wasn't really any issues :P

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2017, 07:03:02 pm »
No, the club DID get it right, because this time there wasn't any weird complications like errors with payments, page kicking you out for now reason, tickets disappearing from the basket etc, the servers were run properly today, thats why the club did get it right. I have been straight in and have had really horrible sales, with every kind of problems, today I had to wait a bit, but the sale was smooth and easy. Credit were its due.

That being said, I think something will be fucked up tomorrow I feel  ;D

When was the last time, there was only 5 pages of discussion after a day of bulk sales - that shows that there wasn't really any issues :P

Ha! To be honest I wasn't even thinking about the whole errors/crashes/random failures

But yes you're absolutely right! ;D

I hope we're saying the same tomorrow & Thursday ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2017, 07:15:45 pm »
As regards to tomorrows sale, are the tickets that are showing now the only ones that are going to be available? as it looks pretty slim pickings not fancying my chances. a little bit gutted i didn't bite the bullet last year and get to 13 as i am on 9 but financialy just couldn't do it, would have been a hell of of a lot easier! :lickin