Author Topic: Any Division chat  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Any Division chat
« on: August 29, 2017, 06:35:24 pm »
Hi, fellas and lady fellas.

I'm going into a Masters in journalism and I'm trying to cut my teeth on a blog, talking about football. My friend and I have set up the blog in hope that it gives us a bit of experience and it's just something we both enjoy doing.

The first issue we've tackled is the mess that is FC Barcelona, but we'll be posting 2 or 3 a week. It's called Any Division and we'll be discussing all things football, hence the creation of a thread.

It'd be brilliant if you guys could check it out, and maybe even reply.  :)

Cheers to Babu, who helped out!

https://anydivision.wordpress.com/

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post this here, Mods.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Any Division chat
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 06:41:45 pm »
Sorry mate but I stopped reading at: "The most successful club in Spain, the joint-third most successful club in Europe and seen as the final destination for many of Europe’s elite players. It’s fair to say that FC Barcelona have many an incredible amount of things going for them."

Real Madrid have amassed the most points since La Liga started, scored the most goals, had the most wins, won the most La Liga titles (9 more than Barca), won the European cup 12 times to Barca's 5, current La Liga champions and just retained the European cup. So how on gods green earth are they the most successful club in Spain? In Catalonia they are..
They've won the most trophies. Spurs won the most points over the last two seasons. Does that make them the best team in England?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:28:45 pm »
I read it, there was nothing in the article I didn't already know about FCB unfortunately. I follow them closely and have done for a decade or so, that and with the huge exposure the club has had with the Neymar deal etc, felt like there wasn't really anything to get my teeth into, in regards to the article.

Interesting you say its inevitable FCB will win a domestic trophy this season, you have more faith in them than I do.. Real Madrid should sweep up. I do hope it's a closely fought title though.

An interesting piece imo would be how newly promoted sides fair in the PL compared to Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga etc.. do certain countries have better success rates for newly promoted sides staying in the league, how many points do they accumulate on average, etc. Over the past 10-20 years or so.
Bloody hell mate congrats on knowing it all already, but cheer up a bit.

I enjoyed the article mate, well done. A decent read and well written. How is Tom's footballing hero Puscas though? ;D

The one thing I would say which i'm sure isn't news to you is that there really are blogs all over the shop at the moment especially when it comes to the big sides. If you're just doing it as something you enjoy and to get you in the habit of writing regularly then it's fine but I imagine you'll need something a bit more niche to get a decent sized audience. Things like Copa90 seem the way forward nowadays, where they take in games at lesser known teams and stadiums that give people a different angle on the game. Of course this is only your first article so you may have been planning to go down that route anyway, but if I were you that's what i'd be going for! Just have a think about how you can make yours different from the rest out there.

Good luck with it going forward!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 07:58:03 pm »
Congrats on doing something constructive with your time that you enjoy and that should help you in some way with your career.

I mentioned before, but you have to write about what you know. You also have to ignore the haters. If you read their posts you find they are generally people who jump around over RAWK picking fights and spewing negativity. I genuinely don't understand what some of them get out of life. They say you only get out of it what you put in, which suggests they will just end up with misery and soiled underwear. :D

Keep it up lad but as Alonso pointed out, diversity is crucial. I follow some obscure teams like St Pauli, Betis, Sampdoria from my childhood. Look for projects that look appealing to you and start following them. For example - when I did the pre-match thread for Hoffenheim it was clear from the feedback a lot of people had no idea what to expect from them and appreciated the insight. Huddersfield, for example, might be an interesting one for people who don't follow the Championship in terms of Premier League sides.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:57:14 pm »
Cheers for your input, fellas.

100% get what you mean. What I've written, whilst I don't think is dull, is a search on Google away. All barring my actual going to watching them play.
I went for that first for 2 reasons. 1, it's very safe. I've shared it on Facebook and it's gone down well, because most of my friends aren't that in depth into football, a lot of the stuff - barring Neymar - isn't exactly front page stuff. So it's almost a timeline. The second is that getting pictures which aren't copywriten is difficult, so post my own pic of the Nou Camp allowed me to add some colour to proceedings.

Hopefufully we'll go on to post more about less popular clubs. My mate is a Lincoln fan, so there'll be some interesting stuff on that, whilst a coursemate of mine is a Newcastle fan with some interesting opinions.

Thabks so much for taking the time to read and put thought into the feedback :)

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 10:21:32 pm »
Second instalment is as follows: anydivision.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/lincoln-citys-turnaround/

It's written by a Lincoln City season ticket holder and he talks about the club's slow sink and then re-emerging. It's actually a really good read by my co-founder, and informative as an inside perspective into a club made famous by that FA cup run.

Again, any and all feedback appreciated. Cheers for the messages, too.