Author Topic: Text Formatting in RAWK  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Text Formatting in RAWK
« on: August 29, 2017, 03:51:26 pm »
I am hoping I can get some help with a couple of odd things happening when I post in RAWK, and only in RAWK.

1. My paragraph breaks get double-spaced even though they appear to be single-spaced when I write them. But when I post...they get double spaced and there is added space at the bottom of my post. And it does not happen all the time...

2. Sometimes when I cut and paste while I am composing a post, the remaining text from a paragraph will suddenly be shrunk with a 78% zoom with square bracketed commands becoming visible if I choose to preview the message so I can delete them...and I have done nothing.

Both these problems have been going on for a long time through firefox, bing and on my ipad.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction of a possible solution to either of these problems.

Thanks in advance.

ps. This post is a case in point..
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:57:54 pm by Titi Camara »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: Text Formatting in RAWK
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 03:59:10 pm »
Have you tried a different browser?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 04:02:18 pm »

Yes. Explorer. Firefox. Safari. That is the truly weird thing. And it has been going on for a long time. I just got fed up enough to bother you guys today. :)

I thought maybe I was just lazily hitting a key accidentally or something. But I don't think so.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:07:50 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:05:57 pm »

I am writing this reply with firefox.
And it does not have the spacing problems now I believe. But it did in the past.
Maybe I'll just stick to firefox for a bit and forget explorer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:08:17 pm by Giono »

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 04:16:10 pm »
I get similar issues. I use the "Preview" option and select the "Toggle View" button on the far-right (looks like a blue arrow in red square brackets). That will show you the raw text view, so you remove odd formatting codes (or even better, switch the view, then paste).

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 04:17:47 pm »
I am writing this reply with firefox.
And it does not have the spacing problems now I believe. But it did in the past.
Maybe I'll just stick to firefox for a bit and forget explorer.
Yeah I do think it's a browser issue rather than a RAWK one. There is a button that removes all formatting though (2nd from the right) you could try giving that a bash and seeing what happens?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 04:56:30 pm »
Yeah I do think it's a browser issue rather than a RAWK one. There is a button that removes all formatting though (2nd from the right) you could try giving that a bash and seeing what happens?

I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:58:43 pm by Giono »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 05:41:51 pm »
FWIW, your OP does not look double-spaced between paras to me.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 05:58:08 pm »
It happens to me using Chrome, I also get 'size' appearing and font size alteration. Particularly if I edit it once I've pasted it from say Word.
I haven't got a clue what it is though :)

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 09:27:44 am »
When you paste text into the reply box on RAWK, use Ctrl+Shift+V rather than just Ctrl+V. Not sure if that works in all browsers or just Chrome, but it removes formatting and keeps the text at normal size.