Author Topic: Ligue 1  (Read 123113 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ligue 1 17/18
« Reply #360 on: November 9, 2018, 04:47:15 pm »
Henry trying his best to leave Sky, get fired from his first managerial job and return to Sky quicker than Gary Neville. Fair play.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2018, 08:15:58 pm »
Monaco already 2-0 down to PSG after 13 minutes.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #362 on: November 11, 2018, 08:17:49 pm »
This could be 5 or 6-0 today. The Henry appointment has been an absolute disaster.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #363 on: November 11, 2018, 08:30:59 pm »
You only had to listen to Henry's opinions in the Sky Sports studio to realise he wouldn't make a good manager.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #364 on: November 11, 2018, 11:31:54 pm »
Monaco are a bit pathetic anyway in all honesty. How many empty seats were there tonight? It seems like only a few thousand people ever show up. Granted their stadium looks like one of the dreariest in Europe but even when they won the league a few seasons back playing the best football in Europe they couldn't fill their stadium, which only has a capacity of 18,523. Do they have any actual supporters?

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #365 on: November 12, 2018, 12:23:01 am »
You only had to listen to Henry's opinions in the Sky Sports studio to realise he wouldn't make a good manager.

This is spot on

Bore them to death aswell.

Lot of injuries mind, full of teenagers tonight. Neymar begging ref to book them at 4-0 and dancing to himself after pointless penalty to make it 4. He’s a proper weapon him
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: November 13, 2018, 12:19:35 am »
Monaco are a bit pathetic anyway in all honesty. How many empty seats were there tonight? It seems like only a few thousand people ever show up. Granted their stadium looks like one of the dreariest in Europe but even when they won the league a few seasons back playing the best football in Europe they couldn't fill their stadium, which only has a capacity of 18,523. Do they have any actual supporters?

If you go to Monaco you'll understand why their ground is always empty bar the away support. Rich men that live there have no interest in football unless its buying a club to brag/launder money.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: December 6, 2018, 11:50:34 pm »
Frenkie De Jong to PSG. What a waste.

No doubt they'll finance that through another sponsorship deal. 😏

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #368 on: December 23, 2018, 08:13:50 am »
What the hell happened to Monaco? At one point they had the most exciting team and young players playing the most exciting football in Europe. Just two seasons ago they knocked out Man City.

I know they've lost much of their team, but jeez...
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: December 23, 2018, 04:56:36 pm »
What the hell happened to Monaco? At one point they had the most exciting team and young players playing the most exciting football in Europe. Just two seasons ago they knocked out Man City.

I know they've lost much of their team, but jeez...

Not just the team but the coach too, it was inevitable Monaco would drop down with all their best players being poached but I don't think anyone thought it would be this hard and this fast.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #370 on: January 10, 2019, 11:34:20 am »
At least the French league cup will be won by a different team this year, Guingamp knocked out PSG last night, Marcus Thuram (son of Lilian!) scoring the winning goal in stoppage time.

PSG have won the trophy the last 5 years.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 10, 2019, 01:49:07 pm »
Even taking into account the context of the job, imagine Henry and G. Neville being the 'pundits' for a game a few months down the line. Bad jobs can happen, a number of us will have some understanding but that open wound / easy target is just something to be shot at repeatedly isn't it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #372 on: January 10, 2019, 04:38:41 pm »
I wonder if Coutinho will end up at PSG, as Barca seem determined to bring Neymar back there. That would be ironic considering the lengths he went to leaving here.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #373 on: January 10, 2019, 10:16:41 pm »
I wonder if Coutinho will end up at PSG, as Barca seem determined to bring Neymar back there. That would be ironic considering the lengths he went to leaving here.

That's a great shout, actually.
I wouldn't be surprised if it materialised in Summer.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: January 12, 2019, 10:55:54 am »

What makes you say Barca are so determined?  Real Madrid were certain to sign Neymar in the summer, apparently.  If anything it's Neymar's camp that is determined to get him out of PSG and no one willing/capable to pay his asking price - marooned.

Coutinho's situation will be resolved once the inept Valverde is gone at the end of the season.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: January 19, 2019, 05:43:33 pm »
What a joke of a league.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #376 on: January 19, 2019, 10:02:07 pm »
What a joke of a league.

Joke leagues have two contenders, at most three. Year after year after year. But this is something else. A league with just one team and absolutely no rivals. Unless Fabinho is playing of course.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #377 on: January 19, 2019, 10:37:06 pm »
What makes you say Barca are so determined?  Real Madrid were certain to sign Neymar in the summer, apparently.  If anything it's Neymar's camp that is determined to get him out of PSG and no one willing/capable to pay his asking price - marooned.

Coutinho's situation will be resolved once the inept Valverde is gone at the end of the season.

There are factions within Barcelona who are keen to take Neymar back. The interesting thing is why have Barcelona not denied the stories? There is no smoke without fire at the end of the day. I would prefer he stayed in Barcelona to be honest, but you are right if Valverde does go things could change.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #378 on: January 19, 2019, 11:04:53 pm »
Guingamp knocked them out of the cup in the same stadium not that long ago, and they've now lost 9-0.  :o

In other news, how is Henry still manager of Monaco? On merit from his playing days or something?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 19, 2019, 11:12:50 pm »
No surprise PSG are one of the big voices for the mooted Super League.

They have killed French football and Platini must feel ashamed, he voted for Qatar to get the world cup (with a bung no doubt), turned a blind eye to PSG with their ludicrous spending when he was head of UEFA, at least PSG gave his son a position at board level in 2011.

I think United will beat these in the CL next month, PSG will be under cooked again in the knockout stages no doubt.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: January 19, 2019, 11:17:26 pm »
How on earth are Monaco still 19th? Jovetic, Falcao, Fabregas, Tielemans, Golovin, Naldo... getting slapped 5-1 by strasbourg. Bloody hell.

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #381 on: January 20, 2019, 12:28:35 am »
PSG must rival Man City as 'the biggest team that no one gives a fuck about'. 9-0 against the bottom team in the division. When Ibrahimovic was there people were calling it a farmer league, when does that insult come back?

And to think Monaco who were in the CL semis a couple of years ago are only one place above in 19th. When Neville was manager of Valencia they were awful but they weren't losing by 4-5 goals every week like Henry's team.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #382 on: January 20, 2019, 02:37:19 am »
Just looking over the past winners, this isn’t the worst example of a team dominating the league. PSG have won 5 of last 7 titles. However, Lyon won 7 in a row recently!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 20, 2019, 02:45:28 am »
Just looking over the past winners, this isn’t the worst example of a team dominating the league. PSG have won 5 of last 7 titles. However, Lyon won 7 in a row recently!

Yup Lyon were dominant but they weren't bankrolled by an entire country.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #384 on: January 20, 2019, 02:55:42 am »
Yup Lyon were dominant but they weren't bankrolled by an entire country.

Agree that the way PSG have become dominant is badly artificial, and apart from an outstanding Monaco team, they’d be strolling to the title 7/8/9 years on the run. How did Lyon manage to go 7 titles on the run? I can’t remember them being financed massively by some sort of oil-rich billionaire. Was it like Bayern situation (6 titles in a row) of mopping up the best talent around th league?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 20, 2019, 03:06:48 am »
Agree that the way PSG have become dominant is badly artificial, and apart from an outstanding Monaco team, they’d be strolling to the title 7/8/9 years on the run. How did Lyon manage to go 7 titles on the run? I can’t remember them being financed massively by some sort of oil-rich billionaire. Was it like Bayern situation (6 titles in a row) of mopping up the best talent around th league?

a mixture of a good academy and smart signings.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: January 20, 2019, 03:50:54 am »

And to think Monaco who were in the CL semis a couple of years ago are only one place above in 19th. When Neville was manager of Valencia they were awful but they weren't losing by 4-5 goals every week like Henry's team.

Well they managed to sell, Silva (Man City), Bakayoko (Chelsea), Mendy (Man City), Mbappe (PSG), Lemar (Atletico) & Fabinho (Liverpool) for roughly 380-400m Euro in just over 18 months.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #387 on: January 20, 2019, 04:42:46 am »
How on earth are Monaco still 19th? Jovetic, Falcao, Fabregas, Tielemans, Golovin, Naldo... getting slapped 5-1 by strasbourg. Bloody hell.

Well....

;D

Not to belabour a point, but they did put their trust in an untested manager.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #388 on: January 20, 2019, 08:06:23 am »
a mixture of a good academy and smart signings.
Yeah that Lyon run was absolutely outstanding in retrospect, I don’t think they’d even won a title before the first of those seven.

Montpellier’s title, back when I had time to pay attention to other football, will always be one of my favourite things ever - a collection of strong, honest individuals wringing absolutely everything out of themselves.  Amazing that they could hold off PSG over a season, they were already a ridiculous creation then even if not on the level they are now.

PSG now are one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen in football.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #389 on: January 20, 2019, 08:28:04 am »
Yeah that Lyon run was absolutely outstanding in retrospect, I don’t think they’d even won a title before the first of those seven.

Montpellier’s title, back when I had time to pay attention to other football, will always be one of my favourite things ever - a collection of strong, honest individuals wringing absolutely everything out of themselves.  Amazing that they could hold off PSG over a season, they were already a ridiculous creation then even if not on the level they are now.

PSG now are one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen in football.
They're like the Zenit project of 2006 or so taken to it's extreme. What happens when you try building a European champions standard team in a league that isn't one of the top 4 leagues in the continent, with infinite money and the most brittle of red tape holding you back

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #390 on: January 20, 2019, 08:50:05 am »
No surprise PSG are one of the big voices for the mooted Super League.

They have killed French football and Platini must feel ashamed, he voted for Qatar to get the world cup (with a bung no doubt), turned a blind eye to PSG with their ludicrous spending when he was head of UEFA, at least PSG gave his son a position at board level in 2011.

I think United will beat these in the CL next month, PSG will be under cooked again in the knockout stages no doubt.
Yep, I will be supporting Man Utd over this utter comedy of an organisation that is PSG. At least Man Utd is a proper club, are not bankrolled by a corrupt regime and I am sure, do not violate fair play rules. They are our rivals, and I respect them. PSG? I wouldn't even know where to start. Even Neymar Jr wants to leave and go back to Spain. That is quite telling.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: January 20, 2019, 09:43:38 am »
I'd imagine the PSG novelty will wear off at some point, when the likes of Mbappe and Neymar start to openly get ignored by the media for scoring 5 against Guingamp etc...

Its happening already I think, its just a case of 'oh they won 9-0 against a bunch of farmers with a few hat tricks', and everyone gets on with their day, not good for the ego's

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2019, 03:43:03 am »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/dcunited/psg-fined-100000-euros-in-discrimination-case/2019/01/22/ef0d0be2-1e84-11e9-a759-2b8541bbbe20_story.html?utm_term=.7a804c011131

Wow, 100k fine to PSG.  That will really deter them next time!

Yeah that's a blow they'll just not be able to carry on as before, that kind of fine will have an impact, force em to rethink their strategies to combat the issue. Day of reckoning, a hundred large. Damnnn
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2019, 04:13:53 pm »
Neymar injured now after show boating (again) against Strasbouirg - what do people think of the comments of some of the Strasbourg players, basically saying that he shouldn't complain when they kick him after he showboats?  Also, it means he is possibly out of the utd games - and Veratti is also a doubt; which is annoying

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2019, 04:16:18 pm »
Neymar injured now after show boating (again) against Strasbouirg - what do people think of the comments of some of the Strasbourg players, basically saying that he shouldn't complain when they kick him after he showboats?  Also, it means he is possibly out of the utd games - and Veratti is also a doubt; which is annoying

To be fair, Robertson tried to get him in our game against them when he was dicking about with all his tricks. I was all for that.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2019, 04:38:09 pm »

He's a doubt for the first leg at least.

PSG should be too strong for them regardless, Mbappe and Cavani will cause problems with that back four.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2019, 06:48:57 pm »
Thierry Henry suspended. Strange. Never heard of this happening before.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46995436

Monaco have suspended manager Thierry Henry while they make a decision on his future.

There had been speculation that the Ligue 1 strugglers were set to sack the France World Cup winner and replace him with predecessor Leonardo Jardim.

The 2017 French champions are in the relegation zone after five wins in 20 games under Henry.

A statement on the club website read: "AS Monaco has decided to suspend first-team coach Thierry Henry."

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2019, 06:53:06 pm »
that'd be slightly bonkers if they then give the job back to Jardim  ;D And he takes it?!

Jardim did a great job with them in the first place, and then they sacked him when the going got tough.