Author Topic: Ligue 1  (Read 123137 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: Ligue 1 17/18
« Reply #320 on: May 16, 2018, 04:18:16 pm »
Apparently Marseille are signing Balotelli.

Wouldn't blame them, he's had a solid season at Nice and has had few on or off the field problems. Turned out to be a good move for him. 
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #321 on: May 16, 2018, 04:25:44 pm »
Tuchel is kind of an odd duck.  I dunno, it's like players and staff either love him or hate him and there's no in-between.  Supporters probably have similarly split opinions.

He's only 44, and he's already been dividing opinions and making more headlines (and headaches) than more experienced managers!

Will certainly be interesting for him in Paris.

One thing that should please him in Paris is the fact that they are very much about winning now rather than building for later.  And buying already established players ready to step in from the beginning. One of the major issues at Dortmund was that he disagreed about transfer policy. He wanted ready made players. Dortmund wanted to go down the route of buying more youth and buiding that way. In the end they compromised, and it ended up in a bit of a mish mash of a squad.

So in that sense, I can see him working well. But of course - it then comes down to how he handles the playing staff and how they handle him. As you say - it seems like it's a love him or hate him thing! Irony is I guess, at Dortmund, it was the younger players who seemed to have nice things to say about him when he left rather than the more establsihed ones.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: May 16, 2018, 04:53:31 pm »
One thing that should please him in Paris is the fact that they are very much about winning now rather than building for later.  And buying already established players ready to step in from the beginning. One of the major issues at Dortmund was that he disagreed about transfer policy. He wanted ready made players. Dortmund wanted to go down the route of buying more youth and buiding that way. In the end they compromised, and it ended up in a bit of a mish mash of a squad.

So in that sense, I can see him working well. But of course - it then comes down to how he handles the playing staff and how they handle him. As you say - it seems like it's a love him or hate him thing! Irony is I guess, at Dortmund, it was the younger players who seemed to have nice things to say about him when he left rather than the more establsihed ones.

Ah, good point.  It was Isak that really became a symbolic sticking point at Dortmund, right?  Something about Tuchel having never seen him play before and Dortmund signing him ahead of players he wanted.

Transfers should work out better for him at PSG then.  Although he may have to answer questions about Neymar for 3 months...
King Kenny.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2018, 09:08:14 pm »
Mad scenes in the relegation play off semi final between Ajaccio and Le Havre.
1-1 at full time.
Ajaccio red card in the 108th minute
Le Havre take the lead in 111th minute
1 red for Ajaccio and 2 reds for Le Havre after 114 minutes
Ajaccio equalise in the 5th minute of ET injury time then go on to win on penalties.

I'd take that for us on Saturday  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2018, 05:20:53 pm »
PSG in talks with Buffon, expected to sign a 2 year deal.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: May 21, 2018, 05:35:53 pm »
Mad scenes in the relegation play off semi final between Ajaccio and Le Havre.
1-1 at full time.
Ajaccio red card in the 108th minute
Le Havre take the lead in 111th minute
1 red for Ajaccio and 2 reds for Le Havre after 114 minutes
Ajaccio equalise in the 5th minute of ET injury time then go on to win on penalties.

I'd take that for us on Saturday  :D

Absolutely insane.

Here's the Havre penalty after a Ajaccio player bumps the referee in the box.  Ajaccio down to ten.

https://streamable.com/s0i7i

Full aftermath of the penalty and the subsequent red cards for both sides.  Penalty celebration provoked a whole bunch of handbags.

https://streamable.com/irl9d

Now, 9 vs. 9 in the 125th minute, Ajaccio score to level the match at 2-2.

https://streamable.com/vg90c

Scenes...
King Kenny.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2018, 05:52:39 pm »
The absolute state of that.  Who knew bumping the ref results in a penalty?  Le Havre are my guys in France so I'm gutted for them, but getting two guys sent off in that position is unforgivable (though how could the ref know ffs?!).

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2018, 08:40:00 pm »
Patrick Vieira off to Nice.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #328 on: August 19, 2018, 09:57:08 pm »
Newly promoted Nimes have beaten Marseilles, first time since 1979. A bit of an upset.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: August 20, 2018, 11:54:49 am »
How good was Mbappe at the weekend?  His second goal was unreal - reminded me of Ronaldo Fenomeno in some respects with how he breezed past the player and then chipped the keeper.  They still look a little dodgy at the back though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 26, 2018, 08:56:38 pm »
Rennes beating Marseilles two weeks of poor games for OM so far, second goal was a stinker for the goalie.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: August 31, 2018, 09:06:13 pm »
Good game between Lyon and Nice. Nice leading due to an own goal. Lyon really chasing the game now Fekir at the centre of everything they do.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: August 31, 2018, 09:38:08 pm »
Good game between Lyon and Nice. Nice leading due to an own goal. Lyon really chasing the game now Fekir at the centre of everything they do.
:'(

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: August 31, 2018, 09:42:04 pm »
Lyon lost 1-0, a good performance by Benitez the Nice goalkeeper who kept his side in it. Fekir was good especially love how quickly he intercepts the ball from the opposition, people think he has little pace, but this side of his game is really impressive.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: September 1, 2018, 08:42:09 am »
Wait, how in the name of god has Choupo Moting got himself a move to PSG?  ;D

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: September 1, 2018, 10:19:28 am »
Wait, how in the name of god has Choupo Moting got himself a move to PSG?  ;D
Probably a favour to an agent.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: September 21, 2018, 09:04:38 pm »
How bad are Monaco these days. Holy moly. Doubt this lot will be winning Ligue 1 anytime soon, I'd be amazed if they even qualify for the CL next season.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #337 on: September 21, 2018, 09:09:39 pm »
How bad are Monaco these days. Holy moly. Doubt this lot will be winning Ligue 1 anytime soon, I'd be amazed if they even qualify for the CL next season.

They've been plundered beyond belief, and have reinvested very little of the  money they've made on players in recent seasons so it was always going to not end well for them.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2018, 09:26:18 pm »
UEFA reopens investigation into PSG spending. Someone forgot to pay the monthly bribe it seems.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45633325

(But who am I kidding? They are going to be cleared again. At the very worst a 10k fine, and everything will be back to normal)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: October 7, 2018, 06:50:55 pm »
With only 6 points from 9 matches, Monaco is in relegation zone, 4 points off 17th Reims.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 7, 2018, 09:06:24 pm »
Fekir gone off injured.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: October 7, 2018, 09:41:49 pm »
5-0 , 4th for Mbappe

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 7, 2018, 09:41:57 pm »
Mbappe has just scored 4 goals in about 12 minutes.

It's going to be a thrilling title race out there.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #343 on: October 7, 2018, 09:54:01 pm »

Assume Madrid will sign him

He’s unreal
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #344 on: October 7, 2018, 10:00:40 pm »
Is there a less competitive league in Europe? Even the SPL looks more interesting this season.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: October 7, 2018, 10:04:58 pm »
Is there a less competitive league in Europe? Even the SPL looks more interesting this season.

I'd say the SPL looks more competitive than both Ligue 1 and Serie A!  PSG have already won Ligue 1, by October. And it's hard to see Juventus being pushed.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #346 on: October 8, 2018, 11:50:51 am »
I'd say the SPL looks more competitive than both Ligue 1 and Serie A!  PSG have already won Ligue 1, by October. And it's hard to see Juventus being pushed.
And what is going on with the investigation on spending at PSG? Wasn't there something about it, with regards to financial fair play regulations?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 8, 2018, 12:55:26 pm »
And what is going on with the investigation on spending at PSG? Wasn't there something about it, with regards to financial fair play regulations?

Last month they said it was going to be 'reviewed' again that week. No idea when any kida of verdict (if there is any!) is expected to be announced. 

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #348 on: October 8, 2018, 01:04:56 pm »

funny that neymar left so he could be the big fish in a small pond but Mbappe is outshining him

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: October 8, 2018, 02:00:39 pm »
funny that neymar left so he could be the big fish in a small pond but Mbappe is outshining him
I'd actually say even Cavani has been outshining him as well.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 9, 2018, 03:44:04 pm »
Sounds like Jardim is about to get sacked.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: October 9, 2018, 08:51:13 pm »
Mutual consent apparently.

Modern football is fickle. Feel like his career will mirror that of Pochettino, can see him getting a job at a midtable PL team, turning them into formidable opponents then going to the Mancs or Chelsea in 2-3 years, maybe even Spurs after Pochettino leaves for a new challenge.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: October 10, 2018, 12:52:45 am »
Sounds like Jardim is about to get sacked.

EH. To United?  Jardim is a very good manager imo
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #353 on: October 10, 2018, 07:43:27 am »
Right move for both club and manager, similar to Klopp at Dortmund you can only work wonders for so long while your best players consistently get poached. Also for the club maybe a new voice in the dressing room is what they need.

I don't know if Madrid, Bayern or United will give him the job as even though he's a quality manager he's not really a massive draw like Klopp was after his Dortmund spell. I think the best club for Jardim would be somewhere like a Leicester or Everton type team.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 10, 2018, 03:54:22 pm »
Henry to Monaco then. Back where he started.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2018, 01:10:24 pm »
Henry to Monaco then. Back where he started.
Wish him luck as he's a class act and probably my non favourite Liverpool player of all time. Tough ask replecating Jardim's achievements though especially now that PSG have that front three and Monaco are the most selling club in Europe.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #356 on: November 6, 2018, 10:11:50 pm »
Rough start for Henry at Monaco. No win in 5, half the squad out injured, owner arrested today and a 4-0 drubbing at home to Club Brugge.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: November 7, 2018, 01:35:22 pm »
The documents also reveal the involvement of Mendes, who appeared at the 11th hour and managed to add his name to the transfer agreement, pocketing a minimum of 7.25 million euros for what Football Leaks suspects was providing the service of driving speculation throughout the summer that Mbappé would move to Real Madrid, thus sparking a bidding war for the player.
https://en.as.com/en/2018/11/07/football/1541583934_959526.html

A lot of money to just leak stuff to the press if true...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: November 9, 2018, 04:42:07 pm »
There's a lot of mad stuff about 'behaviour' bonuses in Neymar (and other PSG players) contracts doing the rounds on Twitter.

According to these reports, Neymar gets paid a bonus if he applauds fans before and after games  :-X 

And he gets paid as a massive bonus IF he dosen't criticize the coach publicly.

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/1060864331154362368

Football really is screwed.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: November 9, 2018, 04:43:01 pm »
Good grief :lmao