Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2900375 times)

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool FC complete signing of Mohamed Salah
« Reply #2120 on: December 9, 2017, 08:05:51 pm »
Mohamad Salah a gift from Allah ,
the king of Egypt has come to play
He's always scoring , it's almost boring
please don't take Mohamad away.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2017, 08:12:54 pm by Prest078 »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2121 on: December 10, 2017, 03:15:20 pm »
Been voted African Player of the Year just now.  ;D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2122 on: December 10, 2017, 03:17:13 pm »
Praise sAlah!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2123 on: December 10, 2017, 04:07:52 pm »
Unless he somehow had a knock, that was a very arrogant substitution
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2124 on: December 10, 2017, 04:08:21 pm »

Negligent management
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2125 on: December 10, 2017, 04:08:41 pm »

Or Klopp wanted to give him a rest?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2126 on: December 10, 2017, 04:09:06 pm »
:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2127 on: December 10, 2017, 04:09:28 pm »

In the derby with a 1 goal lead?
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2128 on: December 10, 2017, 04:09:34 pm »

Load of bollocks. Are you seriously suggesting he is the only player of ours who can score a goal?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: December 10, 2017, 04:10:16 pm »
Load of bollocks. Are you seriously suggesting he is the only player of ours who can score a goal?

Where did i suggest that?

Offline JovaJova

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: December 10, 2017, 04:11:27 pm »

Obviously he isn’t, but let’s face it it was clearly an arrogant sub. Klopp was laughing in Fat Sam’s Face the entire game. Win the game first then fine but this was always a stupid risk to take.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: December 10, 2017, 04:11:43 pm »
He was brilliant.

Fuck knows how he got subbed off instead of Mane.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #2132 on: December 10, 2017, 04:11:59 pm »
Subbing him off when the game is still pretty much in balance was idiotic.

We were completely toothless after.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: December 10, 2017, 04:12:38 pm »

He didn't say that at all. He said taking him off because we thought we had the game won was arrogant and he's correct. Firmino was good when he came on but we lost the wide area Salah was operating in. When they scored our shape was so confused we were done in, we didn't create a clear cut chance in the last ten.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: December 10, 2017, 04:12:48 pm »

We were only 1 nil up ffs.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: December 10, 2017, 04:13:29 pm »
What a player,what a goal.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #2136 on: December 10, 2017, 04:14:10 pm »

I though Salah looked quite tired, even in the first half. Most of his 1:1s didn't work out (especially outside the box) - he just kind of ran into the defender quite a few times, looked like he was just short of his usual explosiveness.

Offline Pradan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2137 on: December 10, 2017, 04:14:11 pm »

He was running them around and our best attacker.

Bringing him off brought a halt to our attack. It really was a bewildering decision.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2138 on: December 10, 2017, 04:17:19 pm »
Where did i suggest that?

In that case you don’t have much of a point.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: December 10, 2017, 04:28:41 pm »
He was running them around and our best attacker.

Bringing him off brought a halt to our attack. It really was a bewildering decision.

He has also played a lot of football recently, so if he is played again at midweek, its right he has a break. By then we had Coutinho, Mane and Bobby on, and on a normal day we'd have scored. Put it this way had he been kept on and injured people such as yourself would have asked why he wasn't taken off. Sometimes managers cannot win.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2140 on: December 10, 2017, 04:30:35 pm »
He didn't say that at all. He said taking him off because we thought we had the game won was arrogant and he's correct. Firmino was good when he came on but we lost the wide area Salah was operating in. When they scored our shape was so confused we were done in, we didn't create a clear cut chance in the last ten.

We had enough good players on to make up for him being taken out of the game. Unless you are suggesting we're a one man team now? Coutinho, Bobby and Mane all came on when he was replaced, there was no guarantee he would have scored, and we had enough firepower on to search for a winner.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2141 on: December 10, 2017, 04:33:14 pm »
Obviously he isn’t, but let’s face it it was clearly an arrogant sub. Klopp was laughing in Fat Sam’s Face the entire game. Win the game first then fine but this was always a stupid risk to take.

Okay supposing he'd have kept him on and Salah had been injured, considering Everton's tactics seemed to be to foul our players continually? Would you still have thought it a good decision? I bet anything you would have had a go at the manager for not taking him off then.

Offline JovaJova

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2142 on: December 10, 2017, 04:37:24 pm »
Okay supposing he'd have kept him on and Salah had been injured, considering Everton's tactics seemed to be to foul our players continually? Would you still have thought it a good decision? I bet anything you would have had a go at the manager for not taking him off then.

Let’s just take all our players off in case they are injured then. Strange point to make.

There was a strange over confidence today. It backfired badly.

The worst thing about it is that it was a great opportunity to make up lost ground but sadly the opportunity is lost.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2143 on: December 10, 2017, 04:47:51 pm »
Thought he looked unusually sluggish when he had a chance to sprint at a couple of Everton players on the wing late on. Anyone else see that?
Perhaps his legs were a bit spent?

Offline ManiacKop

• Smited by a Mighty Smiter.
  • Anny Roader
  • Here’s to swimming with Darwin's evolved fishes...
« Reply #2144 on: December 10, 2017, 04:54:27 pm »
Let’s just take all our players off in case they are injured then. Strange point to make.

There was a strange over confidence today. It backfired badly.

The worst thing about it is that it was a great opportunity to make up lost ground but sadly the opportunity is lost.

Aye, pretty much how I feel. Resting key players for the derby game so we can be fresh for wba doesn’t sit right.
Not the best walking advert for Intelligent Design.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: December 10, 2017, 04:56:46 pm »
Aye, pretty much how I feel. Resting key players for the derby game so we can be fresh for wba doesn’t sit right.
We need to rotate against the shit in the league. Their name doesn't matter.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2146 on: December 10, 2017, 04:56:49 pm »

If a player is in danger of being injured or is fatigued now, you don't wait to rest him after playing him in additional game. If he needs rest nor, whatever the case may be, you rest him now. You don't risk injury because of one fucking match when you look at how many games have been played,will be played and the time frame that said games will be played in.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: December 10, 2017, 05:01:37 pm »
I see the Klopp haters are out in full force  ::) Salah looked knackered when he went off and was becoming much less effective as a result but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Yanwoo

• Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #2148 on: December 10, 2017, 05:02:40 pm »

Klopp wasn't resting anyone. He picked the best team for the game, given the situation. Looked to me like part of that was including more of the British players - who understand what this derby means - and more likely up for the physical challenge that these games can sometimes require. For me, that worked, we physically dominated them.

He's trying to build a squad that is capable of challenging on multiple fronts, with an intense style of play, and part of that is trusting different players and combinations.

There's signs it's beginning to work, we have had good performances from some quite different line-ups this season. But it's not going to be perfect, it's a process, we won't win every game.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: December 10, 2017, 05:03:27 pm »
Thought he looked unusually sluggish when he had a chance to sprint at a couple of Everton players on the wing late on. Anyone else see that?
Perhaps his legs were a bit spent?

Yes bingo, he looked knackered and when a player is looking like that, leaving him on is taking a risk. I would guess Klopp took the decision knowing he needed him for other games, and didn't want to risk him getting caught by a Blue shite tackle. No one can claim we didn't have players on who couldn't have scored goals. It was just a frustrating day in front of goal.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #2150 on: December 10, 2017, 05:04:34 pm »
We need to rotate against the shit in the league. Their name doesn't matter.

Understand what you are saying mate but I disagree with you - its the Derby.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Yanwoo

• Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #2151 on: December 10, 2017, 05:04:39 pm »
I see the Klopp haters are out in full force  ::) Salah looked knackered when he went off and was becoming much less effective as a result but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

Agreed, several times when taking someone on he just kinda stumbled into them.

Our wide attacking players play very demanding roles, and I'm guessing are at a heightened injury risk with so many sprints. We should get used to them not playing every game, and regularly being subbed. Klopp is managing for the season, not just one game.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2152 on: December 10, 2017, 05:06:52 pm »
Have no problem with klopp resting salah. Salah is basically Mane of last season.......Coutinho of the season before......suarez of his last season with us....

ie......He is super important to our attacking play.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Yanwoo

• Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #2153 on: December 10, 2017, 05:31:26 pm »
Have no problem with klopp resting salah. Salah is basically Mane of last season.......Coutinho of the season before......suarez of his last season with us....

ie......He is super important to our attacking play.

Yep, and if he pulls his hamstring and out for months, they'd be an outcry why Klopp didn't sub him.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2154 on: December 10, 2017, 05:32:00 pm »
The problem is that even when Salah is knackered, he's so core to our threat (especially without Coutinho and Firmino) that when he's replaced, arses naturally start twitching and the other team sees that we have less goal threat. There's not much you can do about that though in a period where he needs resting, except getting the game won before he has to come off.

The question for me is why he played the full match against Spartak

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2155 on: December 10, 2017, 06:46:51 pm »
Yes bingo, he looked knackered and when a player is looking like that, leaving him on is taking a risk. I would guess Klopp took the decision knowing he needed him for other games, and didn't want to risk him getting caught by a Blue shite tackle. No one can claim we didn't have players on who couldn't have scored goals. It was just a frustrating day in front of goal.

Wasn't just me then. Looked a hamstring strain waiting to happen. Unfortunately he can't play every minute of every game  so taking him off in a game against a team that were offering nothing was the right thing do.  This Klopp fella might actually know what he's doing.

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
« Reply #2156 on: December 10, 2017, 06:54:39 pm »
Unstoppable.

I think him being subbed off is fine but maybe bringing on Coutinho would have been a bit more better as a like-for-like replacement and threat.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2157 on: December 10, 2017, 06:59:05 pm »
The problem is that even when Salah is knackered, he's so core to our threat (especially without Coutinho and Firmino) that when he's replaced, arses naturally start twitching and the other team sees that we have less goal threat. There's not much you can do about that though in a period where he needs resting, except getting the game won before he has to come off.

The question for me is why he played the full match against Spartak

Yup......... that is something i am pondering about too. He should have been removed around the 60th minute mark when we were leading quite comfortably against SM. Anyway lets hope super salah stays "suarez fit" throughout this season.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2158 on: December 10, 2017, 07:08:15 pm »
He already scored as much as he did entire last season at Roma.

I think we were lucky in a sense that at Roma he was never at his full capacity as playing next to a targetman was more of a hindrance than encouragement to him. Have they had a different set-up similar to ours he would have scored a lot more goals imo and his price range might have been out of our reach.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2159 on: December 10, 2017, 07:21:07 pm »
Yup......... that is something i am pondering about too. He should have been removed around the 60th minute mark when we were leading quite comfortably against SM. Anyway lets hope super salah stays "suarez fit" throughout this season.

We had lost Moreno through injury and Lovren may have had a doubt as well.