Author Topic: Lazar Markovic  (Read 145533 times)

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Lazar Markovic
« Reply #240 on: August 6, 2016, 09:03:52 pm »
Happy for Markovic, he's quite quick upstairs but sometimes lacks that belief or fire in his belly but he is a good little player.

I think he needs more aggression, more self confidence,  more arrogance, more selfish,  just a little tougher in all aspects really and then who knows how good he could be.

When he first joined I think people (me Inc) expected a pace merchant and that hasnt really materialised but he has got good technique, intelligent passing, if only he just believed in himself and stuck his chest out a bit more.

If he stays hopefully Klopp can develop that side.

It's basically this. All the talent is there, just needs a bit of footballing arrogance. You see it in flashes like his no look pass today, his touch in tight areas is good.

I'm hoping Klopp uses him better though, you see him with that assist from a central position, but he's been stuck on the byline. It's not suited to him.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #241 on: August 6, 2016, 09:08:19 pm »
He's at least providing assists- even though it's preaseason, which is what you want from a winger. Just hope he can develop that "edge". The risk-aspect... and that requires confidence.

Take a few more risks, push a bit harder, try and beat that guy, run a bit further and try to reach the corner..
« Last Edit: August 6, 2016, 09:10:10 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: August 6, 2016, 09:08:38 pm »
I think our squad, assuming departures of Benteke and the like, is not so big we can't take a risk on keeping Markovic around, at least until January, to see if training under Klopp is enough to develop him to the point where maybe he can grab the few chances that come his way and force himself into first team reckoning...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: August 6, 2016, 09:22:33 pm »
Never panicky with the ball, has amazing vision and is unselfish (a bit too much probably).
I really, really hope he stays and plays. He's an intelligent player, never enough of those.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #244 on: August 6, 2016, 09:28:37 pm »
I don't see the point in selling him. The lad has bags of talent and is the type of player who can come off the bench and do something positive to change a game.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #245 on: August 6, 2016, 09:35:33 pm »
Lovely little dinked pass for Grujic to head in the fourth goal today.

Offline underdog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: August 6, 2016, 09:40:20 pm »
Let's be honest, he's the type of player we'd be wetting ourselves over if Klopp had just brought him over from the German league, we'd be waiting with baited breath to see the player Klopp could turn him in to over the season. It'd be daft to sell him in my opinion.

Offline BritishGas

• loved Heinz Baked Beans
  • Main Stander
« Reply #247 on: August 6, 2016, 09:40:37 pm »
With our luck in injuries he'll be needed at various points throughout the season. As others have said he is a bit timid on the pitch but whether that's something that only comes with games and experiences I don't know.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #248 on: August 6, 2016, 09:54:56 pm »
Think I might have worked out what Klopp sees when he looks at Markovic.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #249 on: August 6, 2016, 10:04:03 pm »

A timid little boy?

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: August 6, 2016, 10:06:33 pm »
Let's be honest, he's the type of player we'd be wetting ourselves over if Klopp had just brought him over from the German league, we'd be waiting with baited breath to see the player Klopp could turn him in to over the season. It'd be daft to sell him in my opinion.

No one would be wetting themselves at all. He's been a massive let down. We are aiming to win league titles, and sadly one good pass doesn't cut it for me. Was largely on the edges of the game again.

That being said, i would possibly keep him as a squad member, when our standard injury crisis arises and have some vain hope he turns it around.

Offline underdog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: August 6, 2016, 10:11:47 pm »
No one would be wetting themselves at all. He's been a massive let down. We are aiming to win league titles, and sadly one good pass doesn't cut it for me. Was largely on the edges of the game again.

That being said, i would possibly keep him as a squad member, when our standard injury crisis arises and have some vain hope he turns it around.

A let down? The times he was played out of position, the time he was given no time to adapt to a new league, the time he was loaned out or the time he had a serious injury? It must be one of those times because in pre season he's done more than a lot of "senior" players and actually got a few assists too.

He quite obviously has talent with the ball, can spot a pass, make the pass and has pace, if he was an unknown (to us) we'd just bought we'd be very happy.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: August 6, 2016, 10:25:42 pm »
He's a lad with a lot of talent/skill. He certainly has the attributes to do well in the EPL with pace, trickery and deftness and actually doesn't have a bad final pass or finishing. The issue will be whether he can convert this obvious talent and potential into results on the pitch and perform week in week out.

I think we have a lot more pace and directness this season. Markovic is part of that and I think he'll have a role to play. He will get chances but it is vital for him that he seizes those with both hands. If he takes those chances and plays well then I think he'll become a regular fixture for us. If he doesn't take his opportunities then there will be others we will cast our eye over and I think he'll be moved on pretty sharpish.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #253 on: August 6, 2016, 10:38:58 pm »
We have two wingers in the squad. Markovic and Mane. We need both as both have what we have always cried for a long time. Pace!!.be silly to sell him. we need to see what he has this season...

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: August 6, 2016, 10:39:07 pm »
He's been really productive so far, racking up the assists and being tidy with the ball. I've defended him for a while as there's definitely talent there, but I still don't think he's playing as well as he could as he doesn't really seem to have the audacity/confidence of a top player. He reminds me a little of Lucas and Henderson when they first arrived, very safe on the ball and not always involved, but I think with time he should grow more comfortable at this level (the loan was a step backwards in that regard).

With us moving Milner to full-back and possibly Lallana to midfield I think there's space in the squad for both him and Ojo, so hopefully we keep him around, give him some cup games and sub appearances, then with a bit of luck we'll have Europe next season and he'll get more minutes.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #255 on: August 6, 2016, 10:41:13 pm »
He's a lad with a lot of talent/skill. He certainly has the attributes to do well in the EPL with pace, trickery and deftness and actually doesn't have a bad final pass or finishing. The issue will be whether he can convert this obvious talent and potential into results on the pitch and perform week in week out.

I think we have a lot more pace and directness this season. Markovic is part of that and I think he'll have a role to play. He will get chances but it is vital for him that he seizes those with both hands. If he takes those chances and plays well then I think he'll become a regular fixture for us. If he doesn't take his opportunities then there will be others we will cast our eye over and I think he'll be moved on pretty sharpish.

No end product is the biggest problem. Consistently low shot / key pass volume throughout his career. He's destined to be a player people look at and like because he has good touch and decent pace but he's the sort you'll wait forever for him to 'turn into something'

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 6, 2016, 10:41:15 pm »
Didn't have much to do today but got a good assist! Hoping be stays and marks himself a place in our squad!

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: August 6, 2016, 11:02:05 pm »
We have two wingers in the squad. Markovic and Mane. We need both as both have what we have always cried for a long time. Pace!!.be silly to sell him. we need to see what he has this season...
And Mane isn't even a proper wide player (nor is Markovic really).

Markovic offers us an intelligence and calmness that our other attacking players don't really have. If he could just be a bit a more direct at times, I think Klopp can develop him into a really good player.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #258 on: August 6, 2016, 11:47:12 pm »
And Mane isn't even a proper wide player (nor is Markovic really).

Markovic offers us an intelligence and calmness that our other attacking players don't really have. If he could just be a bit a more direct at times, I think Klopp can develop him into a really good player.

I really think so too. You can clearly see he has moments of absolute brilliance, he just needs to try to force himself into the game a bit more.

And he's still 22 for fucks sake, who knows what will happen when he feels more confident.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2016, 11:49:25 pm by Zoomers »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #259 on: August 7, 2016, 01:51:58 am »
Didn't have much to do today but got a good assist! Hoping be stays and marks himself a place in our squad!

Wish the commentary had made a bigger deal of that. He needs the profile!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 7, 2016, 02:25:28 am »
No end product is the biggest problem. Consistently low shot / key pass volume throughout his career. He's destined to be a player people look at and like because he has good touch and decent pace but he's the sort you'll wait forever for him to 'turn into something'

He is 22. Half a year older than Sterling.

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 7, 2016, 02:26:06 am »
I'm glad to see people praising him.

Often, the sentiment is that he is too quiet for this team, these ambitions.

True enough, he does tend to drift in and out, and seems a bit lightweight in the 50/50s, but with his performance this preseason, I think he is a great option of the bench. When he consistently delivers in these scenarios, I think he'll make an argument for a starting spot.

Despite how he might go missing. I have seen him be a decisive figure in quite a few of the goals in this preseason. Under Klopp's direction, it wouldn't be hard to believe he can grow the self-confidence to develop into an assertive figure on the pitch.

I can't wait until he gets a goal against one of the title contenders, and can't help but celebrate. Watershed moment, that. He'll transform into the player we thought we bought.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 7, 2016, 02:35:40 am »
Better to have than leave out at the moment. His value isn't really going to depreciate much, but if he puts a few decent games together over the next few months, we may get a good squad player out of it and potentially a much larger fee if we decide to sell on. In the meantime, timid as he is, he does have a bit of talent and intelligence. He just needs to be allowed to go on those runs of his where he knocks it past 3 or 4 players and covers 50 metres in the blink of an eye. He might turn out to be useful yet.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #263 on: August 7, 2016, 02:53:33 am »
fuckinell he looks like the mascot

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 7, 2016, 02:55:44 am »
Better to have than leave out at the moment. His value isn't really going to depreciate much, but if he puts a few decent games together over the next few months, we may get a good squad player out of it and potentially a much larger fee if we decide to sell on. In the meantime, timid as he is, he does have a bit of talent and intelligence. He just needs to be allowed to go on those runs of his where he knocks it past 3 or 4 players and covers 50 metres in the blink of an eye. He might turn out to be useful yet.

I genuinely think having Mane at the club will help in this regard. To have a player who has similar attributes, in terms of pace and dribbling, willing to run at defenses, may really inspire him to push forward. Rodgers had him playing at wingback, but not only that, his philosophy valued possession over effectiveness - it played to Markovic's natural timidity.

Klopp should push him to be something more than what Rodgers' expected. Loved Brendan, but Marko's more a Klopp player than his.

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #265 on: August 7, 2016, 03:29:34 am »
I've never thought i'd say this about a bloody footballer but he needs for the love of God to be more selfish and to take more responsibility with the skills he's got.

He's so ridiculously calm also.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
Lazar Markovic
« Reply #266 on: August 7, 2016, 04:25:55 am »
He's got that chip pass down
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #267 on: August 7, 2016, 04:53:08 am »
Markovic has quality, but he needs to show consistence. The chip for Grujic was fantastic, but he has to do that day in and day out and at 0-0, not at 3-0. It's hard to me to judge him on this game (and preseason), but I hope he's given a chance at least until January. There's something special about him, hidden a bit, that I can't put my finger on.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 7, 2016, 04:56:40 am »
At the rate our defenders are falling he will end up at RB again lol

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2016, 09:18:12 pm »
Starting for Sporting tonight in what looks like a No.10 role behind the striker.

Seb Coates at the back as well.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2016, 09:46:34 pm »
Booed last weekend by their fans?

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2016, 01:00:02 pm »
How did he fare?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2016, 01:05:44 pm »
How did he fare?
Dreadful and got subbed. Sporting were rubbish though to be fair.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2016, 01:07:45 pm »
Still puzzles me how he regressed so badly

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2016, 01:24:17 pm »
Dreadful and got subbed. Sporting were rubbish though to be fair.

Ouch. I thought he was having a good spell of late.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2016, 01:30:06 pm »
Still puzzles me how he regressed so badly

he never got a real chance here let´s be honest... i think he is one of these players who need full support and belief of fans and manager..

but with Mané and other attacking players we have, he has no chance to play here in future imo...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 29, 2016, 01:48:23 pm »
Needs to be sold for whatever we can get

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #277 on: October 29, 2016, 01:52:14 pm »
he never got a real chance here let´s be honest... i think he is one of these players who need full support and belief of fans and manager..

Well if he's that type of player he shouldn't have been bought in the first place.

I'm in the Rafa Benitez school of thought. If they don't have the mentality to play at this level then get rid
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2016, 02:14:29 pm »
Really think we will struggle to off load him unless we literally give him away. Has turned out to be a really bad buy.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2016, 02:42:58 pm »
Well if he's that type of player he shouldn't have been bought in the first place.

I'm in the Rafa Benitez school of thought. If they don't have the mentality to play at this level then get rid

at the time we were buying him, that 20 milions were a good price for him... i remember he was wanted by Chelsea and maybe would have been a good player there who knows... but yeah i doubt we will get more than 10 milions for him if we sell... i still hope he would be given a chance by Klopp but now we have all players on his position better than him..