Author Topic: Doping In Sport..  (Read 130033 times)

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Re: Doping In Sport..
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2012, 07:30:01 pm »

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2012, 07:34:10 pm »
I don't think Jamaica have any major record of doping do they?

They don't have the money or resources to throw at developing new doping techniques like the Chinese do (or like the Yanks do, the Soviets had etc).
5/6 sprinters were caught a couple of years ago.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2012, 07:34:12 pm »

They don't have the money or resources to throw at developing new doping techniques like the Chinese do (or like the Yanks do, the Soviets had etc).

So Bolt is clean and destroyed the 100m World record and is clean because the Jamacians have never been "caught"; yet the Chinese lass who looks physically different to many of the swimmers, has a beautiful stroke is labelled as a "cheat" becasue she had a close time (0.07 outside) to the last 100m freestyle at the end of a 400IM?

Jamacians are taking over the sprints but no-one questions it.  I'll wait until the end of the Olympics.  Can't anyone see that we may have a superstar in the 16 year old rather than a drugs cheat? 

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »
So Bolt is clean and destroyed the 100m World record and is clean because the Jamacians have never been "caught"; yet the Chinese lass who looks physically different to many of the swimmers, has a beautiful stroke is labelled as a "cheat" becasue she had a close time (0.07 outside) to the last 100m freestyle at the end of a 400IM?

Jamacians are taking over the sprints but no-one questions it.  I'll wait until the end of the Olympics.  Can't anyone see that we may have a superstar in the 16 year old rather than a drugs cheat? 

But if this was a racial thing surely racists would be claiming Bolt is juiced given his skin colour? Also, if you look at Bolt's results there was a steady improvement in his times - he didn't suddenly "explode" onto the scene - pretty sure he was world junior champion at 200 and many thought he would be the Olympic 400 metre champion given his height.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2012, 07:40:03 pm »
But if this was a racial thing surely racists would be claiming Bolt is juiced given his skin colour? Also, if you look at Bolt's results there was a steady improvement in his times - he didn't suddenly "explode" onto the scene - pretty sure he was world junior champion at 200 and many thought he would be the Olympic 400 metre champion given his height.

Yes he did, he smashed the world record to 9.69 and then 9.58 - i'd love to see that in the swimming stakes!  plus Thorpe has just said he smashed his pb by 5 seconds from age 15 to 16.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2012, 07:40:46 pm »

The racist comment is a little daft coming from you mate (as you come across pretty well), racism isn't all or nothing :P

No Bolt didn't suddenly explode onto the scene, but it's something that happens often in swimming. Check out Stephanie Rice for just one example. Couple that with the fact Ye's body is still developing, drastic increases are more likely.
:D

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2012, 07:42:12 pm »
Yes he did, he smashed the world record to 9.69 and then 9.58 - i'd love to see that in the swimming stakes!  plus Thorpe has just said he smashed his pb by 5 seconds from age 15 to 16.

Again - systematic doping in Australia has never happened. Has in China though - that's why the questions about this athlete are a lot less about her skin colour and her herself and more about the country she comes from.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2012, 07:43:45 pm »
This will continue to go round in circles, and it's understandable.

I'm bowing out though, hope we have a clean games.
:D

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2012, 07:45:33 pm »
Again - systematic doping in Australia has never happened. Has in China though - that's why the questions about this athlete are a lot less about her skin colour and her herself and more about the country she comes from.

But I'm talking about Bolt, yes i know the Chinese have some serious form regarding drugs (especially in the long distance races back in the late 80's) but why tar the Chinese with a brush that you might refuse to tar with Bolt and Blake?  And waht about Michael Johnson - 19.32 from 19.68 in the Olympics 200m - reasons?

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2012, 07:48:23 pm »
5/6 sprinters were caught a couple of years ago.

I missed that.

I said that as I far as I am aware, Jamaica has neither the major history of doping their athletes (MBL's reply notwithstanding) or the resources to develop undetectable doping techniques. China has both. Maybe Bolt's clean, maybe he isn't. If it turned out he is doped I wouldn't be shocked. Sadly there's very few sports where allegations of doping shock me anymore. It's hardly a surprise that people suspect a Chinese athlete who puts in a performance that totally blows anything that went before it out of the water and fewer suspect a Jamaican though.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Number23

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2012, 08:01:52 pm »

Depends on what "major" is. Plenty (almost 20) on this wikipedia list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_athletics
Death by football [Rodgers] said. Well and truly achieved. Now please leave.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2012, 08:04:22 pm »
But I'm talking about Bolt, yes i know the Chinese have some serious form regarding drugs (especially in the long distance races back in the late 80's) but why tar the Chinese with a brush that you might refuse to tar with Bolt and Blake?  And waht about Michael Johnson - 19.32 from 19.68 in the Olympics 200m - reasons?

Johnson was a champion athlete (as in world's best) for many many years, his samples have been tested and re-tested through the years - his times showed a steady improvement and not "out of the sky" sort of improvement, and frankly, Bolt is the same - yes he is a stunning runner, but if you track his improvement he showed steady improvement as he developed. In actual fact the fact his times have fallen away recently sort of proves that he's legit, because his technique is just all over the shop now compared to his performances around the Beijing Olympics. He's still the same runner in the same body who just isn't getting it right in terms of technique. Bolt doesn't have the power that steroids would give him to overcome his technical flaws, as happened with Ben Johnson for example at the 88 Olympics (and by the way, apparently Ben Johnson was using so much synthetic testosterone that he started to lactate, as in breast-milk lactate, as his body responded to the huge amount of testosterone by producing female hormones in abundance).

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2012, 08:09:45 pm »
Depends on what "major" is. Plenty (almost 20) on this wikipedia list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_athletics

If the Jamaican government put a tax on ganga use I think there would be a whole lot less "positives" for their athletes, given they'd have an over-abundance of funds to protect their athletes as the Chinese do. The fact there are a heap of positives does not point to systematic doping as far as I understand it, more the fact there are a lot of greedy people out there, (wanting the riches/success that comes with winning) some of whom are involved in sport.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2012, 08:12:46 pm »
Johnson was a champion athlete (as in world's best) for many many years, his samples have been tested and re-tested through the years - his times showed a steady improvement and not "out of the sky" sort of improvement, and frankly, Bolt is the same - yes he is a stunning runner, but if you track his improvement he showed steady improvement as he developed. In actual fact the fact his times have fallen away recently sort of proves that he's legit, because his technique is just all over the shop now compared to his performances around the Beijing Olympics. He's still the same runner in the same body who just isn't getting it right in terms of technique. Bolt doesn't have the power that steroids would give him to overcome his technical flaws, as happened with Ben Johnson for example at the 88 Olympics (and by the way, apparently Ben Johnson was using so much synthetic testosterone that he started to lactate, as in breast-milk lactate, as his body responded to the huge amount of testosterone by producing female hormones in abundance).

So if this girl is champion for the next 8 years (and breaking her times and then being not quite as good but still winning) without being "caught" - will that suffice?

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2012, 08:13:48 pm »
Bolt doesn't have the power that steroids would give him to overcome his technical flaws, as happened with Ben Johnson for example at the 88 Olympics (and by the way, apparently Ben Johnson was using so much synthetic testosterone that he started to lactate, as in breast-milk lactate, as his body responded to the huge amount of testosterone by producing female hormones in abundance).

I'm not too sure thats true about Johnson, I've read Charlie Francis (Ben Johnson's) book about the Seoul Olympics, and he lists the protocols that Ben took for the 6 years leading up to Seoul. Unless Charlie is telling fibs, Ben really didn't take large doses of steroids at all, far below what the east germans were taking, and in miniscule amounts next to what bodybuilders take. Charlie Francis' whole thing was giving them enough drugs so their performances would improve, but not so much that there would be damage to their health.
This could all be false, but its straight from someone who would know better than virtually anyone else.
Liverpool are magic!! Everton are tragic

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2012, 08:16:38 pm »
So if this girl is champion for the next 8 years (and breaking her times and then being not quite as good but still winning) without being "caught" - will that suffice?

Fa sure - also if her current samples are re-tested in future as will happen, and she is found clean, quite happy to doff my cap and say she's a clean champion. Until then......

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2012, 08:17:28 pm »

Any thoughts on Flo-Jo? - never "caught", but destroyed the WR and no woman has never come close to breaking the 200m WR

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2012, 08:20:48 pm »
Fa sure - also if her current samples are re-tested in future as will happen, and she is found clean, quite happy to doff my cap and say she's a clean champion. Until then......

But the US drug tester in 1984 tested all the athletes in US track and field team using the testing procedures now and just about every athlete failed.  So all those american athletes back in the day failed tests - not good really.  He was on camera the other day on a programme saying he reused to publish the results because of the shitstorm it would cause. 

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2012, 08:22:22 pm »
I'm not too sure thats true about Johnson, I've read Charlie Francis (Ben Johnson's) book about the Seoul Olympics, and he lists the protocols that Ben took for the 6 years leading up to Seoul. Unless Charlie is telling fibs, Ben really didn't take large doses of steroids at all, far below what the east germans were taking, and in miniscule amounts next to what bodybuilders take. Charlie Francis' whole thing was giving them enough drugs so their performances would improve, but not so much that there would be damage to their health.
This could all be false, but its straight from someone who would know better than virtually anyone else.

Got that off a sports coach who coached at elite level in sprinting who also detailed his (Johnsons) insane training loads. Frankly after watching Johnson on the blocks in the 100 in 88 if that's a sign of micro-dosing of testosterone I'll eat my hat.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2012, 08:25:00 pm »
Any thoughts on Flo-Jo? - never "caught", but destroyed the WR and no woman has never come close to breaking the 200m WR

Already said on this thread Flo Jo was a cheat. No doubt about that at all. I'm not saying western athletes don't dope - rather that doping in communist countries has been systematic. Read some of my posts above.

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2012, 08:25:28 pm »

Personal opinion is she was "doped up to the eyeballs"

A few things about her, she was never a really top notch sprinter before 1988, she was someone who would make finals, and pick up the odd medal. Then in 1988 her body transformed in the off season, so much more muscular, and her voice deeper too. Improved by 1/2 second in the 100m and more in the 200m in 1988, sprinters dont usually make that improvement in their late 20s esp if they have been competing at an elite level in the years prior.

So she wins the golds at the 1988, then what does she do at the height of her powers? promptly retires. Retired just in time for the out of competition testing to come in for 1989. It wouldnt have been hard for her to pass drugs tests in 1988, they only tested in competition then. So all you had to know was the clearance times of when the drugs would be out of your system. As simple as looking at a calendar.

The fact that her times havent been remotely approached in 24 years since they were set too.

Everyone says she didnt test positive, but neither did ben johnson until 1988, and he had taken drugs for 6 years, nor did any of Ben's group test positive. Not that hard to test negative if u are smart.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2012, 08:28:31 pm »
Personal opinion is she was "doped up to the eyeballs"

A few things about her, she was never a really top notch sprinter before 1988, she was someone who would make finals, and pick up the odd medal. Then in 1988 her body transformed in the off season, so much more muscular, and her voice deeper too. Improved by 1/2 second in the 100m and more in the 200m in 1988, sprinters dont usually make that improvement in their late 20s esp if they have been competing at an elite level in the years prior.

So she wins the golds at the 1988, then what does she do at the height of her powers? promptly retires. Retired just in time for the out of competition testing to come in for 1989. It wouldnt have been hard for her to pass drugs tests in 1988, they only tested in competition then. So all you had to know was the clearance times of when the drugs would be out of your system. As simple as looking at a calendar.

The fact that her times havent been remotely approached in 24 years since they were set too.

Everyone says she didnt test positive, but neither did ben johnson until 1988, and he had taken drugs for 6 years, nor did any of Ben's group test positive. Not that hard to test negative if u are smart.

Pretty much this - if a testicle popped out of her costume running the 200 in 88 I would not have been surprised.

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2012, 08:28:37 pm »
Got that off a sports coach who coached at elite level in sprinting who also detailed his (Johnsons) insane training loads. Frankly after watching Johnson on the blocks in the 100 in 88 if that's a sign of micro-dosing of testosterone I'll eat my hat.

All i can say to that is that people respond differently to the drugs, Johnson was evidently a 'responder'. All of the rest of the group including Desai Williams who also made that Seoul final didnt run like Ben did or break records, and they were on exactly the same drug protocol.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2012, 08:38:32 pm »
All i can say to that is that people respond differently to the drugs, Johnson was evidently a 'responder'. All of the rest of the group including Desai Williams who also made that Seoul final didnt run like Ben did or break records, and they were on exactly the same drug protocol.

Obviously my mail is different and I won't argue over something neither of us can prove. The source is this one and I'm sure you can hunt him down on a social network to give him a question to ascertain the veracity of his claim. He said it several times in lectures he gave and frankly I believed him given apparently he knew the parties concerned professionally.

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2012, 08:45:44 pm »
Obviously my mail is different and I won't argue over something neither of us can prove. The source is this one and I'm sure you can hunt him down on a social network to give him a question to ascertain the veracity of his claim. He said it several times in lectures he gave and frankly I believed him given apparently he knew the parties concerned professionally.

Yeh like you said, nobody really knows except the parties involved.
If u are interested and it sound like u perhaps will be, the book is Speed trap by Charlie Francis.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speed-Trap-ebook/dp/B004MMES46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343763799&sr=8-1

U can get it downloaded, its not in print any more and i managed to get a hard copy from the US a few years back, was pricey thou.

Another good book is called "Game of shadows" which looks at the Balco scandal.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »
Another OR for that 16 year old Chinese girl

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2012, 09:48:49 pm »
Nobody is stupid enough to obliterate the field in such a manner, if they were on some sort of drugs.

If she was on drugs, she would have held back a little, and not made it so questionable.

Brilliant - I guess we can shut down all the testing labs.

In any case your argument is blown out of the water as she DID hold back during the first three quarters of the race :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/30/ye-shiwen-record-olympic-swim?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

But Leonard, who has decades worth of knowledge and experience and has been lauded for his firm anti-doping stance in the past, believes it is certainly a question that needs to be asked. These are not the sour grapes of a sore rival, but the concerns of an expert who has enormous integrity on anti-doping within the swimming community. He made a point of praising Ye's teammate Sun Yang, who won three freestyle gold medals in the 2011 World Championships, and has already won the 400m freestyle title here in London. Sun's curve of improvement, Leonard reckons, "is well within the trajectory of the sport".

"If you look at the woman in question, and her biomechanics in the heats, she has a steady, moderately slow, six-beat kick," Leonard said, referring to the number of kicks Ye takes with each arm stroke. "All of a sudden in the Olympic final she turned it up to an eight-beat kick, which any coach will tell you is very difficult to maintain for 25m, much less 100m."

Ross Tucker, a sport scientist who based a large part of his PhD on pacing strategies in sport – or how athletes reserve enough energy to finish an event strongly – has also voiced his discomfort, while stressing that nothing had been proven against Ye. "Don't shy away from the question just because it's politically incorrect," Tucker writes his blog the Science of Sport. "Look where that got sport before."

Tucker points out that, on average, female medley swimmers finish the 400m IM in a freestyle time that is between "18% and 23% slower" than that of a top 100m freestyler. But Ye's leg was about 10% off the times set by the best 100m freestyle swimmers. "The conclusion that I would draw from this," Tucker writes, "is that her 100m freestyle leg is disproportionately fast not only by comparison to Lochte, but also to her peers, and to the best 100m freestyle swimmers." That, Tucker says, is too big a gap. "Based on everything we know about performance and pacing. I suspect that Shiwen would probably be two or more seconds faster if she went out harder and pushed to the point of fatigue."

It would make more sense, Tucker suggests, for Ye to swim faster over the first three legs and trade that improvement off for a slight loss of time in the final 100m. As Leonard said, "to swim three other splits at the rate that she did, which was quite ordinary for elite competition, and then unleash a historic anomaly, it is just not right".

"Her first 300m was an extremely conservative effort," concluded Tucker. "The simple question is: 'Under what circumstances does a female have the capacity to finish a race as fast as a male?'" It is the same question that is being asked by Leonard, only in a different way. "If it is a truly clean swim it is probably one of the most magnificent swims in history," Leonard said. "But at this point, I would call it unbelievable." This time, there was no doubt how he meant it.
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2012, 10:00:04 pm »
Brilliant - I guess we can shut down all the testing labs.
I'm not the one questioning the results of these labs, so not sure what you're talking about there.

In any case your argument is blown out of the water as she DID hold back during the first three quarters of the race :

It's not blown out of the water, in the slightest. She could have held back for the entire four quarters, and still won, and no one would be asking all these questions.

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2012, 10:07:41 pm »
I'm not the one questioning the results of these labs, so not sure what you're talking about there.

It's not blown out of the water, in the slightest. She could have held back for the entire four quarters, and still won, and no one would be asking all these questions.

Its not very likely that an athlete will hold back in the biggest race of their life. None of the other drugs cheats who won and subsequently tested positive held back. In fact several of them obiliterated the opposition while breaking world records and winning.

You can hold back in semis and heats, but in the final when u see the finish approaching, and the gold is within your grasp. Holding back to try and not look suss is the last thing on your mind.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2012, 10:15:25 pm »
Its not very likely that an athlete will hold back in the biggest race of their life. None of the other drugs cheats who won and subsequently tested positive held back. In fact several of them obiliterated the opposition while breaking world records and winning.

You can hold back in semis and heats, but in the final when u see the finish approaching, and the gold is within your grasp. Holding back to try and not look suss is the last thing on your mind.
But she has passed tests, since.

Are we working on a basis whereby anytime someone comes out and does something special, they've cheated to do so, and even if they pass the test, it just means that they've used an invisible drug instead?

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2012, 10:28:47 pm »
I'm just very sceptical of any performance which looks on the face of it extraordinary.

for two reasons I have been involved in elite sport myself, and have been drug tested, and that aside I have a very good understanding of the way in which performance enhancing drugs are used in sport.

Secondly history has shown that in many many cases, when something looks to good to be true it often is, and this isn't often revealed until years, sometimes decades have passed.

For what its worth, I do hope she is clean.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2012, 10:34:11 pm »
its all come about because her split time was faster than lochte's

6 of the 8 swimmers in lochte's race posted faster final 50m times than he did
Becky Adlington posted a faster 50m time in her race

I blame Clare Balding, the fat c*nt
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #192 on: August 1, 2012, 02:46:44 am »

And is the only junior world champion in the 200 meters to run the last 100 meters in under 10 seconds.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #193 on: August 1, 2012, 03:21:15 am »
what ever happened to castor semenya ? was she not supposed to have been dodgy sometimes in sport their are extraordinary people out their and imo are ruining the happiness of this poor lass who has had all her hard work tarnished their was paper reports yesterday how extreme Chinese camps are could it just be that she managed to find that extra energy burst from those years of training rather than a drug

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #194 on: August 1, 2012, 03:30:13 am »
But if this was a racial thing surely racists would be claiming Bolt is juiced given his skin colour?
To be indelicate, almost all the sprinters, the very best ones, have been black over the last however many years. The fair comparison would be if some white bloke came out of nowhere and blew away the field.

For what it's worth, I think it's far too early to call her a cheat. See if she continues to breaks records or disappears.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 1, 2012, 07:41:36 am »

Yeh she could have but she didn't - she blew away the best men's times without even trying that hard. It's one thing to decimate the field if you are giving it your all but doing it at a canter? So your statement that:

Nobody is stupid enough to obliterate the field in such a manner, if they were on some sort of drugs.

Isn't very useful is it? The only way she could have taken the piss even more would be to swim those lengths dressed as Mighty Red.
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #196 on: August 1, 2012, 10:11:41 am »

guilty until proven innocent then?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #197 on: August 1, 2012, 10:53:05 am »
what ever happened to castor semenya ? was she not supposed to have been dodgy sometimes in sport their are extraordinary people out their and imo are ruining the happiness of this poor lass who has had all her hard work tarnished their was paper reports yesterday how extreme Chinese camps are could it just be that she managed to find that extra energy burst from those years of training rather than a drug
shes here in these olympics, she was the flag bearer for her country
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 1, 2012, 02:11:04 pm »
guilty until proven innocent then?

Its not a court of law - sadly thats what we've come to when EVRY major athletic event has been tainted with doping - including the Chinese. That's life im afraid. If it happens once or twice you can overlook it but year after year, sport after sport, athlete after athlete. a 16 yr old girl comes and blows away the men's times without exerting herself we're at the stage where we have to raise the possibility of doping. It would be naieve in the extreme not to. Maybe because its swimming and not weightlifting you dont find it as suspicious?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 1, 2012, 02:40:32 pm »
Yeh she could have but she didn't - she blew away the best men's times without even trying that hard. It's one thing to decimate the field if you are giving it your all but doing it at a canter? So your statement that:

Isn't very useful is it? The only way she could have taken the piss even more would be to swim those lengths dressed as Mighty Red.
Good, I look forward to seeing her at full throttle so.