Author Topic: Pro Cycling 2023  (Read 1463862 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: Vuelta a Espaņa 2017.
« Reply #28600 on: September 20, 2017, 06:19:46 pm »
Did anyone watch the crono from Bergen?

I've just seen the result....

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28601 on: September 20, 2017, 06:40:08 pm »
The contrast with last years Worlds....

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28602 on: September 20, 2017, 06:56:00 pm »
No haven't watched anything.

You need to find a pic from last year to bring that point home. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28603 on: September 20, 2017, 07:04:49 pm »
No haven't watched anything.

You need to find a pic from last year to bring that point home. ;D
Any image of windswept empty desert would suffice. ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28604 on: September 20, 2017, 07:07:14 pm »
Any image of windswept empty desert would suffice. ;D

I was thinking about it and in my head that tumbleweed gif popped up ;D

Those Norwegians look a bit mad, fantastic.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28605 on: September 21, 2017, 01:08:12 am »
Know it's not your discipline, D, but I reckon you're gonna like this. Great commentary too for a change. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI1A0IRvDWc

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28606 on: September 21, 2017, 12:12:09 pm »
Know it's not your discipline, D, but I reckon you're gonna like this. Great commentary too for a change. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI1A0IRvDWc
Removed. UCI stinks!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28607 on: September 21, 2017, 12:12:51 pm »
On the subject of the UCI....

David Lappartient elected UCI President, beats Cookson by 37 votes to 8.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28608 on: September 21, 2017, 12:18:10 pm »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28609 on: September 21, 2017, 12:18:48 pm »
On the subject of the UCI....

David Lappartient elected UCI President, beats Cookson by 37 votes to 8.

Is that good? Or does the whole place stink.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28610 on: September 21, 2017, 12:25:15 pm »
Is that good? Or does the whole place stink.
The removal of the  former president of British Cycling during the time that bullying and discrimination took place, who was also on the supervisory board of Team Sky’s holding company Tour Racing Limited at the time Wiggins was getting Kenacort tue's for bogus reasons...what do you think. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28611 on: September 21, 2017, 12:26:30 pm »
Lappartient has talked a good game thru these elections and if he does as he said he would....he can be a good president...if...

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28612 on: September 21, 2017, 12:34:20 pm »
The removal of the  former president of British Cycling during the time that bullying and discrimination took place, who was also on the supervisory board of Team Sky’s holding company Tour Racing Limited at the time Wiggins was getting Kenacort tue's for bogus reasons...what do you think. ;D

Lappartient has talked a good game thru these elections and if he does as he said he would....he can be a good president...if...

Ta, I knew the first half, it was the second half of your answer that I wasn't sure about ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28613 on: September 21, 2017, 12:53:58 pm »

Ta, I knew the first half, it was the second half of your answer that I wasn't sure about ;D
I doubt we'll see many changes. If he makes more effort than Cookson did with regards to the Women's Tour and the OOC use of corticos....that'll be a massive plus....not that Cookson did anything in regards to either issue...in fact the only time I recall Cookson getting involved in the Women's racing was to upbraid a team over their kit....saying that said kit was unacceptable by any standards of decency.....but then as we know he didn't have a problem with the bullying and discrimination of young women at BC that took place when he was the head of that organisation.

I'll be amazed if any rider is caught using a motor though...he's still a part of cycling's hierarchy.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28614 on: September 22, 2017, 09:36:14 am »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28615 on: September 22, 2017, 01:50:07 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28616 on: September 22, 2017, 05:46:16 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlIRCOtRAkE

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OlIRCOtRAkE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OlIRCOtRAkE</a>

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28617 on: September 22, 2017, 05:48:01 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onLFlzjPEQY

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/onLFlzjPEQY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/onLFlzjPEQY</a>

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28618 on: September 22, 2017, 06:37:59 pm »
Thanks! Will catch up later...the u23 men's is still blocked for me, maybe tomorrow.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28619 on: September 22, 2017, 10:27:03 pm »
So....Boassen Hagen or Sagan then...
Unless someone on an ebike sales by...
+6 ticket exchange

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28620 on: September 22, 2017, 10:53:57 pm »
So....Boassen Hagen or Sagan then...
Unless someone on an ebike sales by...
French or Belgian....

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28621 on: September 23, 2017, 08:30:03 am »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28622 on: September 23, 2017, 09:38:58 am »
Men's Junior Road Race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsR_GuIDO_U

The uploader has not made this video available in your country. ::)

Usually takes a few days.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28623 on: September 23, 2017, 11:34:34 am »
The uploader has not made this video available in your country. ::)

Usually takes a few days.
Innit!

Pick up a free vpn.

The women's race is today.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28624 on: September 23, 2017, 11:51:03 am »
Innit!

Pick up a free vpn.

The women's race is today.

Watched it on sporza instead.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28625 on: September 23, 2017, 12:23:09 pm »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28626 on: September 23, 2017, 03:36:07 pm »
Question....what is the point of sitting in a small break of 3-4 riders just 10 seconds ahead of everyone else for most of the race? Is it a way to discourage attacks?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28627 on: September 23, 2017, 03:40:49 pm »
Question....what is the point of sitting in a small break of 3-4 riders just 10 seconds ahead of everyone else for most of the race? Is it a way to discourage attacks?
With the depth in the Dutch team I think there's no point at all. Someone is going to have to attack, but if they do you know there'll be a Dutch rider latching on. This is the Dutch team's race to lose.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28628 on: September 23, 2017, 03:59:46 pm »
With the depth in the Dutch team I think there's no point at all. Someone is going to have to attack, but if they do you know there'll be a Dutch rider latching on. This is the Dutch team's race to lose.

Yeah, I can't really work it out. It seems a waste of energy and riders.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28629 on: September 23, 2017, 04:24:23 pm »
This is great!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28630 on: September 23, 2017, 04:25:22 pm »
AVDB must be the favourite, Maybe AVV can jump off and crono away.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28631 on: September 23, 2017, 04:27:38 pm »
The Dutch must win here.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28632 on: September 23, 2017, 04:28:26 pm »
Just stupid from the chasers this.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28633 on: September 23, 2017, 04:31:57 pm »
Yeah, reckon she got it now,

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28634 on: September 23, 2017, 04:33:28 pm »
Yeah, reckon she got it now,
Maybe not.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28635 on: September 23, 2017, 04:34:03 pm »
WTF is Garfoot doing....

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28636 on: September 23, 2017, 04:37:17 pm »
I can dig this win. 8)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28637 on: September 23, 2017, 04:38:17 pm »
That was great!

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28638 on: September 23, 2017, 04:39:25 pm »
Yep, good race. :)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28639 on: September 23, 2017, 04:40:57 pm »
That was a perfect race by the Dutch. ..and, I'm made up it was a win for Chantal. A completely selfless rider in the season gets a great reward for her work throughout the year.