Author Topic: Reds on Twitter  (Read 227149 times)

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Reds on Twitter
« Reply #40 on: January 6, 2010, 01:08:21 am »
Still doesn't stop me thinking it's useless on the whole.

Although you seem to get a couple of facets of what a global public micro-blogging service offers, I can understand a few folk getting irate at your perception of what it is and the power it has. It's not for everyone agreed, we're still dealing with a massive generation blend, but to think it useless is a tad naive.

Oh, and forgot to add. You could argue that your original post was equally as worked up.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2010, 01:09:52 am by timiano »

Offline xabi rules

• out winning title with Liverpool
  • Kopite
« Reply #41 on: January 6, 2010, 08:56:52 am »
So I think we all know about Ryan Babel's twitter situation right now, but are there any other players available to follow on Twitter?

I know you can follow that bilious prick, Henry Winter, on Twitter. I have a fascination for knowing what fatuous nonsense he'll come out with next.

This gem, for instance, really got my juices flowing:

I'm no fan of Rafa - too cold, too cautious - but surely everyone can now see Liverpool drifting badly under him. 2-0 to Pompey. Shocking
6:53 AM Dec 19th, 2009   from TwitterBerry  

Wanker
'' I'd like to think that I have put more into the game than I have taken out. And that I haven‘t cheated anybody, that I've been working for people honestly all along the line, for the people of Liverpool who go to Anfield. I'd like to be recognised for trying to give them entertainment.''

The great Bill Shankly

Offline superbakat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42 on: January 6, 2010, 09:29:10 am »
I know twitter is some kind of communication tools, right? like blogging, facebook, right? what is exactly the purpose of having lots of similar communication tools at one time? Mobile phones for me is enough. And, i do not have twitter, facebook, or even messenger.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #43 on: January 6, 2010, 09:47:39 am »
I know twitter is some kind of communication tools, right? like blogging, facebook, right? what is exactly the purpose of having lots of similar communication tools at one time? Mobile phones for me is enough. And, i do not have twitter, facebook, or even messenger.

They all serve slightly different purposes. Can get excessive, but facebook to me is more of a friends type of thing to stay in touch with each other, whereas twitter can prove to be a useful networking tool.

SOS is on Facebook and Twitter and even though we have loads more fans on facebook we have probably made some more useful links via Twitter.

SOS account on twitter and fanpage on Facebook can be found here

http://twitter.com/spiritofshankly

http://www.facebook.com/spiritofshankly

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #44 on: January 6, 2010, 09:48:45 am »
Some of the comments on Babels twitter photos are nothing sort of dreadful to be honest.

But i suppose if he opens up a public account like that and gives people that sort of freedom....

He has put a lock on his account so he has to accept your request to follow him. He had too many "haterz" so has done it for that reason.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 6, 2010, 10:45:37 am »
Babel has a new, official, account now http://twitter.com/RyanBabel

But seems to speak mostly in Dutch on it now.

Offline safhossain03

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 6, 2010, 10:53:19 am »
The way I see it, the correct use of twitter as a personal tool is being misused on facebook by twats who update their status every 2 minutes. If more people had, twitter, I'd hope facebook could return to its former status as a means of communication instead of being clogged up by softies who insist on keeping us updated on their 'had corn flakes for breakfast, milk was sour' existence.

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #47 on: January 6, 2010, 11:10:31 am »

Neither does my granny. She is kind of old fashioned.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline liverbird_soph

• Fitter than Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 6, 2010, 11:32:49 am »
Twitter has been quite useful for my work, but the greatest thing about it is that it shows up journalists who try to make things up. It enables "celebrities" to hit back at lies with a quick "by the way - that article in the Mirror today is utter shite" comment. I quite like that.

I find it equally positive and negative though. I don't understand why people follow a million celebrities or why some are so obsessed with it they tweet updates all day long. Each to their own though - you can get out of it what you like really,depending upon how you use it.
Above all else comes truth & justice.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 6, 2010, 11:52:06 am »
Each to their own though - you can get out of it what you like really,depending upon how you use it.

That sums it up perfectly.

Anyway, this is a 'Reds on Twitter' thread and I think it's more appropriate to chat about the merits of Twitter here http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=248084.0 and leave this to the subject title - although it appears as though only Babel is the only one :). Might be a short thread.

Offline Paranoid Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: January 6, 2010, 12:36:37 pm »
God, the horror of a modern footballer's life. I've just gone through about 20 of Babel's remarkably rubbish photos, this is the one that I'll be thinking of next time he doesn't play well...
http://tweetphoto.com/2578467

Offline Cone

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: January 6, 2010, 01:00:25 pm »
Apologies if posted but from Ryan Babel's..

Good Morning ya'll !! I went to training 45 min ago.. And when I came on the car park I saw no cars!! Mm why? :    about 1 hour ago   from UberTwitter 

Well, Training was canceld because of the weather.. And nobody told me...    about 1 hour ago   from UberTwitter 

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #52 on: January 6, 2010, 01:09:17 pm »
Twitter has been quite useful for my work, but the greatest thing about it is that it shows up journalists who try to make things up. It enables "celebrities" to hit back at lies with a quick "by the way - that article in the Mirror today is utter shite" comment. I quite like that.

I find it equally positive and negative though. I don't understand why people follow a million celebrities or why some are so obsessed with it they tweet updates all day long. Each to their own though - you can get out of it what you like really,depending upon how you use it.

I was just gonna say I agree that twitter is a load of bollocks, but people in the public eye should have an account as it allows them to set the record straight.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline The Nihilists

• Bovvered
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will cut off your Johnson
« Reply #53 on: January 6, 2010, 01:30:32 pm »
Twitter is a place to make comments and exchange views, often directly with people in the public eye.

It's not all "I had a shit this morning after my breakfast", but it depends on who you follow. I'm sure if you followed Paris Hilton, your world view wouldn't improve.

Lots of good Reds bloggers on there, some good journos, etc.

And the wanker that is Henry Winter.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 6, 2010, 01:39:54 pm »
Hate Twitter. Will never ever under any circumstances go near it, it's the net equivalent of calling someone on the phone to tell them you can't decide whether to have eggs or bacon for breakfast, and if someone did that to me, I'd fucking bin them as friends. And who wants to know if Paris Hilton can't get to sleep. I'll fucking PUT her to sleep if she fucking wants. And Stephen Fry telling everyone not to fret as he's closing his down. If people live their lives on what Stephen Fry has to say daily, then they're an empty, shallow, shell of a person.

And don't get me started on it now being a pre-requisite for jobs in marketing! "Do you have experience of Twitter?" "No, it's fucking vacous twat" "I'm afraid you're not qualified for this job sir"

Fuck. Off. Twitter. That is all.  >:(

Sorry, original question. Er, don't know, might be better asking someone else.

(phew... almost soiled my pants then)  :P

Hear Hear! Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Bebo...blah blah blah. They're all a fucking scourge of modern society, and if I'd my way, I'd ban the lot.

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: January 6, 2010, 03:23:41 pm »
Twitter is a place to make comments and exchange views, often directly with people in the public eye.

It's not all "I had a shit this morning after my breakfast", but it depends on who you follow. I'm sure if you followed Paris Hilton, your world view wouldn't improve.

Lots of good Reds bloggers on there, some good journos, etc.

And the wanker that is Henry Winter.

Henry 'The c*nt' Winter just uses Twitter as another broadcast medium; he doesn't follow anyone else and hasn't ever responded to anything anyone has put to him on there, which is about par for the course for the arrogant prick - only interested in the sound of his own voice.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 6, 2010, 03:49:58 pm »
Hear Hear! Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Bebo...blah blah blah. They're all a fucking scourge of modern society, and if I'd my way, I'd ban the lot.
I pour similar scorn on my other half whenever she uses "MyFaceTwitBook" as I collectively refer to those sites. Vacuous best sums it up for me.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #57 on: January 6, 2010, 03:59:10 pm »
I pour similar scorn on my other half whenever she uses "MyFaceTwitBook" as I collectively refer to those sites. Vacuous best sums it up for me.

Don't you feel a bit hypocritical, typing that on an internet forum? Similar idea; communicate with others with views on a particular subject... The only real difference being that most people do not reveal their true identities, so it grants a degree of anonymity.

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: January 6, 2010, 04:14:03 pm »
Official LFC Twitter account: http://twitter.com/LFCTV

Empire of the Kop: http://twitter.com/empireofthekop (some decent fan updates & general discussion)

Paul Tomkins: http://twitter.com/paul_tomkins

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 6, 2010, 04:17:28 pm »
all the people slating facebook, twitter, etc and then chat shit on a messageboard, brilliant.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: January 6, 2010, 04:31:28 pm »
all the people slating facebook, twitter, etc and then chat shit on a messageboard, brilliant.

A few years ago it was 'the internet' that was a useless pile of shite, just a fad and only used by tossers.

Thing is, it's not particularly fashionable to have an irrational hatred of the internet or chat forums any more. Maybe when Britney Spears and Stephen Fry are on RAWK we can give them another bashing (forums that is, Mr Fry is a fairly big bloke and Spears is a little crazy to be messing with)

Offline Jonno_

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61 on: January 6, 2010, 04:49:28 pm »
Don't you feel a bit hypocritical, typing that on an internet forum? Similar idea; communicate with others with views on a particular subject... The only real difference being that most people do not reveal their true identities, so it grants a degree of anonymity.

Sorry but this is true. How can you possibly have 4,000 posts on a forum but pay out people who post their thoughts on twitter. I don't use twitter, but you have to realise how dumb you look typing that. All you are doing is seeking discussion/ inciting discussion on a computer - which is exactly what they are doing.

For someone to pay out twitter and say 'Who cares what minor celebrities think of Wacko's death', written by someone who has 4,000 posts on an internet forum is just ridiculous. If you honestly thought 'who cares what people behind a computer screen think' then what are you doing here?

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #62 on: January 6, 2010, 05:00:16 pm »

Again though, and I'm not picking an argument (just in case someone else chirps up) but I really don't think it's the same at all.

For someone to pay out twitter and say 'Who cares what minor celebrities think of Wacko's death', written by someone who has 4,000 posts on an internet forum is just ridiculous.

Is it really? I'll bite seeing as you're referring to me.

It's such an illogical way of looking at it. So because I use RAWK as a football chat forum, I should automatically think Twitter is great? Or because I use this forum, it's hypocritical of me to NOT LIKE something? It might have escaped everyone's attention but I said in MY opinion, it's another internet site that has taken off dramatically which isn't ACTUALLY doing anything new, just dressing it up as new and then becoming the 'done thing'.

I'd be MORE worried about the people who use it getting mortally offended when I or anyone else express the opinion that I don't like it, as people seem to be doing in here (I thought my OP was fairly tongue in cheek too but people seem to have taken deadly seriously as if it was a personal attack on them because they obviously love Twitter).  ::)
« Last Edit: January 6, 2010, 05:09:33 pm by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: January 6, 2010, 05:07:58 pm »
Again though, and I'm not picking an argument (just in case someone else chirps up) but I really don't think it's the same at all.

Well that's settled that.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 6, 2010, 05:09:44 pm »
No. RAWK is a bear pit of discussion concerning all things Liverpool FC, both topical and long-term. If I were to post a lab analysis of the composition of my own faeces which I generated at 7.22am this morning, complete with photos, there'd be very little meaningful communication from others on the matter.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #65 on: January 6, 2010, 05:12:18 pm »
Well that's settled that.

Do grow up now for christ sake. Why are you so UTTERLY offended by me not liking Twitter? I think for recreational use, it's a waste of time. Is that allowed? I even agreed with you on the business side of it and yet you've still got a weed on ...

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 6, 2010, 05:12:29 pm »

They're not far off, just a forum is more structured. So when you see things in different sections of the bulletin board, it's akin to hash tags, it's just another way of adding meta data. Posting something on here that you've found on the internet, it's like sharing a tweet with a link (maybe using a url shortening service) or a picture (twitpic). Passing some information on that somebody has mailed you or IM'd you, or even told you, it's like a retweet. Again, it's unstructured, but it's like a collective thought wave of a global civilisation, and it takes a bit to fathom what's useful and what's not and how to structure it so it is useful to you.

Some people like to just read a news paper in the pub with a pint and their mates. No problem. But some find the collective heart beat of the Internet generation fascinating and in many ways enhances life rather than creates a problem.

Personally I love it.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #67 on: January 6, 2010, 05:16:17 pm »
They're not far off, just a forum is more structured. So when you see things in different sections of the bulletin board, it's akin to hash tags, it's just another way of adding meta data. Posting something on here that you've found on the internet, it's like sharing a tweet with a link (maybe using a url shortening service) or a picture (twitpic). Passing some information on that somebody has mailed you or IM'd you, or even told you, it's like a retweet. Again, it's unstructured, but it's like a collective thought wave of a global civilisation, and it takes a bit to fathom what's useful and what's not and how to structure it so it is useful to you.

Some people like to just read a news paper in the pub with a pint and their mates. No problem. But some find the collective heart beat of the Internet generation fascinating and in many ways enhances life rather than creates a problem.

Personally I love it.

Now THAT'S a decent, well reasoned argument FOR it, rather than getting the hump! And if you feel this way about it, more power to you. :)
I'd sooner read that post than any petty stuff graffspider is intent on posting.

Anyway, that Ryan Babel eh?

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 6, 2010, 05:16:44 pm »
As example by the way, this morning I was fully up to date with all the local services (bus, train, leisure centres, libraries etc) just by having a very short tweet appear. Traffic information and upcoming delays help me plan my real time day. I don't have to go looking and plan for this information, it just pops up momentarily, I get it and move on.

And yes David Mitchell had egg on toast for breakfast, and Rob Brydon was spouting some shite, but such is the contrast and if I get bored or don't want to read it, I can filter it or stop following.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 6, 2010, 05:18:43 pm »
Anyway, that Ryan Babel eh?

He's a cock ;D Actually, I'm not sure why he does it, as it's eternally boring, but I'm sure some folk must enjoy it. It is nice now and again to get some "I'm a super star footballer and this is my life" type stuff, but you quickly begin to realise that generally they're as boring as you and me :wave

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: January 6, 2010, 05:20:17 pm »
Do grow up now for christ sake. Why are you so UTTERLY offended by me not liking Twitter? I think for recreational use, it's a waste of time. Is that allowed? I even agreed with you on the business side of it and yet you've still got a weed on ...

Sorry mate, I thought that the nature of a forum was that one person could make a point and then it could be responded to without the need for histrionics and eye-rolling emoticons. Your argument, if you have one, is piss weak and ever-changing through a series of updates and amendments to your old posts.

I've only laid out (in a thread about Twitter) what I find useful about Twitter and disagreed with your assessment on the basis that you clearly have very little idea what you're talking about. Apart from the last word, I'm not really sure what you're after here.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #71 on: January 6, 2010, 05:47:33 pm »
Sorry mate, I thought that the nature of a forum was that one person could make a point and then it could be responded to without the need for histrionics and eye-rolling emoticons. Your argument, if you have one, is piss weak and ever-changing through a series of updates and amendments to your old posts.

I've only laid out (in a thread about Twitter) what I find useful about Twitter and disagreed with your assessment on the basis that you clearly have very little idea what you're talking about. Apart from the last word, I'm not really sure what you're after here.

'Series of amendments to old posts?' I havn't 'updated' OR 'amended' any old posts you nutcase ...

You're getting awfully wound up by my dislike of Twitter, and if my argument is 'piss-weak', leave it be and treat me like the idiot I clearly am by ignoring it, rather than getting fantastically irritated and offended.

Timiano stated his case for Twitter far more eloquently and less pathetically offended by what I said originally, as you see, he didn't take it as a personal attack unlike yourself. Feel free to have the last word.

*histrionically rolls eyes*

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #72 on: January 6, 2010, 05:49:29 pm »
He's a cock ;D Actually, I'm not sure why he does it, as it's eternally boring, but I'm sure some folk must enjoy it. It is nice now and again to get some "I'm a super star footballer and this is my life" type stuff, but you quickly begin to realise that generally they're as boring as you and me :wave

I think if I was Rafa, I'd be a little bit annoyed that while sat on the bench my sub was taking photo's and updating his Twitter page!? Unless the photo was training?

They are probably MORE boring as they have to live within strict club rules too! Although, Nando is probably preaching to the converted when he says he likes nothing better than staying in and playing FIFA on the PS3.
 ;D
« Last Edit: January 6, 2010, 05:51:12 pm by Paul JH »

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #73 on: January 6, 2010, 06:03:41 pm »
Feel free to have the last word.

OK, thanks for that Paulie, don't mind if I do.

Like I say, I find nothing offensive but your comprehensive and unashamed ignorance. All I was doing was explaining what I use Twitter for, not imploring you to be converted - if you remember I even said in my first post that I don't use it recreationally myself and just wanted to tell people who were dismissing it about some of the things it is useful for.

On the issue of anyone 'getting the hump' and being petty, I can only point to our respective posts, only one of which is littered with expletives and capitalized words.

Hate Twitter. Will never ever under any circumstances go near it, it's the net equivalent of calling someone on the phone to tell them you can't decide whether to have eggs or bacon for breakfast, and if someone did that to me, I'd fucking bin them as friends. And who wants to know if Paris Hilton can't get to sleep. I'll fucking PUT her to sleep if she fucking wants. And Stephen Fry telling everyone not to fret as he's closing his down. If people live their lives on what Stephen Fry has to say daily, then they're an empty, shallow, shell of a person.

And don't get me started on it now being a pre-requisite for jobs in marketing! "Do you have experience of Twitter?" "No, it's fucking vacous twat" "I'm afraid you're not qualified for this job sir"

Fuck. Off. Twitter. That is all.  >:(

Sorry, original question. Er, don't know, might be better asking someone else.

(phew... almost soiled my pants then)  :P

It's just another means of communication. It can be a useful tool, just like it can also be used as a gossip column or for the stereotypical 'this is what I'm having for breakfast' type shit.

Slagging off Twitter (particularly if you've never used it) is like listening to the missus warbling to her mate on the phone before declaring that the telephone is a stupid, useless invention and only to be used by vacuous bints.

I don't choose to use it in my free time but Twitter is a godsend at work - I can find out what's happening in our industry by following the clever people who have something useful to say, make new business contacts (we've got new business through Twitter and have been able to pass stuff on to others in return) and if I need any information or a question answered I can quickly fire a question out there and someone in the know will often help me out.

It's also great to get customer service with a lot of companies e.g. I'm with Plusnet for my broadband - their ticket query system is very good but tends to take 3 to 4 hours for a reply. A few times now I've sent a Twitter message to the guy running their account and got sorted immediately. Quite a few businesses will have a Twitter account they monitor like this - try slagging off some big brands on there, very often they will get in contact and ask how they can help put things right.

There are also plenty of knowledgeable Reds fans on there (I admit it, I follow a lot of LFC fans on my work Twitter account) who discuss football stuff. Liverpool fans are blessed in having several good forums such as RAWK, but other clubs have fuck all or very poor forums, so it's even more useful for them to get in touch with other like-minded fans.

I follow Paul Tomkins on Twitter (http://twitter.com/paul_tomkins) - this means I'm updated when he puts new articles on his site and I can also see what he has to say outside of his articles - talking in general or answering specific questions / having debates with other LFC fans. If I wanted to get in touch with Tomkins I would definitely 'Tweet' him rather than emailing - it's more informal, less hassle and other people can see the conversation happening and chip in.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #74 on: January 6, 2010, 06:22:39 pm »
OK, thanks for that Paulie, don't mind if I do.
On the issue of anyone 'getting the hump' and being petty, I can only point to our respective posts, only one of which is littered with expletives and capitalized words.

Well done.

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 6, 2010, 06:45:11 pm »
Gerrard's: http://twitter.com/Steven_Gerrard
Not sure if its real.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #76 on: January 6, 2010, 06:46:00 pm »
Gerrard's: http://twitter.com/Steven_Gerrard
Not sure if its real.

I think it was proved as fake.... but don't quote me on that

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #77 on: January 6, 2010, 06:52:55 pm »

Definitely a fake. There was also one a while ago that claimed to be an anonymous mole inside the club with the latest news on the Alonso transfer saga. Got quite popular until people realised they were talking utter shite.

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 6, 2010, 07:03:01 pm »

Interesting. Telegraph has listed Gerrard's as one of the most influential sportsmen on Twitter:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/6833560/Top-five-most-influential-sportsmen-on-Twitter.html
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #79 on: January 6, 2010, 07:05:05 pm »
Interesting. Telegraph has listed Gerrard's as one of the most influential sportsmen on Twitter:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/6833560/Top-five-most-influential-sportsmen-on-Twitter.html

Very interesting indeed, as far as I can remember Babel was the only one from LFC tweeting. All the others were fake, but maybe I am wrong.

Will see if I can find a source.