Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General Football and Sport / Re: Premier League Fixtures 27th - 28th April
« Last post by cdav on Today at 03:04:54 pm »
Since when does pushing a keeper into the goal not equal a foul? White's sole job is to impede the keeper and has no interest in the ball
That doesn't guarantee anything.

Chelsea and United have spent a load and look at them.

I know it's frowned upon to praise another side and somehow that makes you an opposition fan, but this Arsenal team is the real deal. Spending a bit to construct it was needed considering the state of them a few years ago.

Ok. Klopp still dealt the harder hand and won it all.

I know it's frowned upon to praise another side and somehow that makes you an opposition fan, but this Arsenal team is the real deal. Spending a bit to construct it was needed considering the state of them a few years ago.

They're only the real deal if they win something of note.

Yeah you're a decent team, Dan.
General Football and Sport / Re: Premier League Fixtures 27th - 28th April
« Last post by Andar on Today at 03:01:59 pm »
They're a great side but it didn't come cheap

General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by DiggerJohn on Today at 03:01:54 pm »
Wish liverpool could defend like these. Is Raya better than Allison? White better than Bradley or Gomez. Gabriel better than Virgil,  zinchenko Tommyboy better than Robertson. Collectively they sure are better
Spurstanbul anyone?

I think a 22 man brawl with Saka ending up in hospital would be a good second half result.
Be just our luck if that happened
and they will find a way to keep previous City titles to piss us even more.
Last 6 away games Arsenal are a combined 22-0. 3 games in where they won by 5 goals or more.

I'll be totally stunned if this Arsenal team doesn't win a title within the next 3 seasons.

Some team Arteta has built.

Yet they have lost more games than we have. Runs of form like that always feel a bit freakish so for them it important to win a big trophies when on top form. PL this season is still not in thier hands.
The Boozer / Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Last post by TepidT2O on Today at 03:01:34 pm »

Starmer talked  about working class kids learning Latin or something like that, I think it was aimed at improving Oracy
I thought it was a very good point and a way to elevate  working class kids
Do you not think Radio 4 could provide similar in Adults.

I  think your comments came from a good place, but if we play up to class stereotypes it will reinforce them.

I’m a big advocate of classics and Latin for all kids.  Don’t want anyone being talked down to by lord snooty types. Knowledge is universal

Radio 4 could do the same, its parts are good. But as a whole it’s suffocatingly white middle class oxbridge type
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10