Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 321677 times)

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Cl final at Wembley, could be a repeat of Sunday.

Arteta has been to wembley 12 times with Arsenal as player and manager, and won all 12. All we have to do is get to CL final and the win is guaranteed!

Exactly. Plus all your pedigree in the competition already, laughing!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Am i missing something...why was that odd?
I'd have subbed Partey.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Thats what everyone is trying to do, win the big trophies. Other clubs spend more and success isnt guaranteed when you spend money, but thats the aim, even Sunday's token silverware was lovely to win, nevermind the big stuff.

Yeah it's always good seeing Pep and his lot failing. Their support seemed shite on Sunday. Was it that bad in the ground?

Do you think Arteta can make jump to the big trophies?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
I'd have subbed Partey.

Ain't no party like a subbed party?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Yeah it's always good seeing Pep and his lot failing. Their support seemed shite on Sunday. Was it that bad in the ground?

Do you think Arteta can make jump to the big trophies?

Their support was awful in the ground, but there were loads of neutrals and “silent” arsenal fans trying to not give themselves away.
Only heard them when they scored, and they quickly disappeared when the pen shoot out finished, youd think theyd stay behind to salute their players as theyre seeing them for the first time since winning the treble.

On the other hand, i thought we were seriously loud. That feel good factor from last season has been brought forward. Youd think weve won the treble not those miserable entitled twats, though most of them could be supporting us in a couple of years if we become successful so there is that.

On Arteta, hes doing all he can, as are the club, to challenge city. We ll see, but lots of excitement around Arsenal now.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
David Raya to join Arsenal on loan with option to buy from Brentford
David Raya is set to join Arsenal on loan with an option to buy from Brentford.
The Spanish international goalkeeper is moving to Arsenal as competition for current No 1 Aaron Ramsdale.

The deal is expected to see Raya move across London for an initial £3million loan fee with the option of making the switch permanent for a further £27m next summer.

Raya has one year left on his contract with Brentford and will now extend that ahead of the transfer.
This looks like an FFP thing to me, but it seems a bit odd.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
David Raya to join Arsenal on loan with option to buy from BrentfordThis looks like an FFP thing to me, but it seems a bit odd.

It's almost certainly an FFP influenced decision. Surely the option has to have some type of obligation based on factors like appearances, on-field success. There's little incentive otherwise for Brentford to consider structuring a deal in this manner

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Excellent deal for us. 3m and we get to have a close look at him. No obligation to buy

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Excellent deal for us. 3m and we get to have a close look at him. No obligation to buy
Big upgrade from Ramsdale from what I've seen of him.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

We ll see.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Smirk at that, Rammers!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

smaller than Ramsdale I thought?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
smaller than Ramsdale I thought?
But not as shit?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Basically if he plays some games he signed if i understand it. I think an FFP mechanic

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
Title inspired by the insightful contributors from Arsenal Fan TV, ya get me...
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Keeps our net spending under 200m anyway, with 15m coming in last week, and gives us arguably the best back up keeper in the league. Strength in depth is key and weve never had that for 20 years, not even last season, now we do.

For the first time since we moved to the emirates, the first 3 weeks of the season wont be dominated by who else is coming in before the window shuts, looking at teams with settled squads and thinking why cant we be like that.

Now we are the team with the settled squad, all business done early, serious money spent , now its time to deliver.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 05:45:30 am by The North Bank »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Meh.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Now we are the team with the settled squad, all business done early, serious money spent , now its time to bottle it again.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
Keeps our net spending under 200m anyway, with 15m coming in last week, and gives us arguably the best back up keeper in the league. Strength in depth is key and weve never had that for 20 years, not even last season, now we do.

For the first time since we moved to the emirates, the first 3 weeks of the season wont be dominated by who else is coming in before the window shuts, looking at teams with settled squads and thinking why cant we be like that.

Now we are the team with the settled squad, all business done early, serious money spent , now its time to deliver.

He isnt the best back up in the league if hes back up to Ramsdale who himself is a bit shit.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
He isnt the best back up in the league if hes back up to Ramsdale who himself is a bit shit.

Who is a better number 2 .

Ramsdale is quality, hes even saving penalties these days.

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
Fair play to Arsenal. Looked fairly grim there for a while but they have bounced back fairly well. Has helped that their owners decided to invest in the club obviously.

Also getting rid of the likes of Ozil and Aubameyang that were on ridiculous wages.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
Who is a better number 2 .

Ramsdale is quality, hes even saving penalties these days.

Then Raya? There isnt many better but he wont be a number 2. Ramsdale towards the end of last season completely buckled.

Ramsdale is no better than Kelleher.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Then Raya? There isnt many better but he wont be a number 2. Ramsdale towards the end of last season completely buckled.

Ramsdale is no better than Kelleher.

Yeh he was going through a bad time on and off the field, but at his age i think he’s shown enough for us to stick with him as number one, i think he ll develop into a top keeper.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Fair play to Arsenal. Looked fairly grim there for a while but they have bounced back fairly well. Has helped that their owners decided to invest in the club obviously.

Also getting rid of the likes of Ozil and Aubameyang that were on ridiculous wages.

Cant do it without serious investment, those days are long gone.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Youd be no good in the trenches !
I'd fit into the Arsenal bottle brigade like a hand in a glove.  ;)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

I’d rather have the best keeper in the world and an ok back up than two mid level keepers. Rotating or not settling on a first choice never ends well. Dudek and Kirkland say hello.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
I’d rather have the best keeper in the world and an ok back up than two mid level keepers. Rotating or not settling on a first choice never ends well. Dudek and Kirkland say hello.

Dudek won the champions league!

Get in.

Havertz!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
I think they start against two-time European Cup winners Nottingham Forest, don't they? So on paper that's an away win.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
I think they start against two-time European Cup winners Nottingham Forest, don't they? So on paper that's an away win.

Underdogs from the start, but Arteta has us believing, i wont be that surprised if we end up turning them over

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
Underdogs from the start, but Arteta has us believing, i wont be that surprised if we end up turning them over

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
There has to be a point where his spending has to result in winning something major no?

Odd that Rice was substituted when chasing a goal on Sunday as well?
Renowned goalscoring midfielder Declan Rice subbed off in pursuit of a goal.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
The Declan Rice deal looks better and better now. Caicedo at the centre of a bidding war that could well exceed Rice’s price. 2 days before liverpool face chelsea he could be playing for either. It’s absolutely mental.

Top player mind and what a signing for Liverpool (if we ignore the massive fees for players these days). Those glum Chelsea faces on Sunday as he turns out in red at their place… you couldn’t have written a better script.

Kane off to bayern , Caicedo to liverpool…. Theres only one team in london !
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 01:39:39 am by The North Bank »

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
The Declan Rice deal looks better and better now. Caicedo at the centre of a bidding war that could well exceed Rice’s price. 2 days before liverpool face chelsea he could be playing for either. It’s absolutely mental.

Top player mind and what a signing for Liverpool (if we ignore the massive fees for players these days). Those glum Chelsea faces on Sunday as he turns out in red at their place… you couldn’t have written a better script.

Kane off to bayern , Caicedo to liverpool…. Theres only one team in london !

Takes a slight bit of pressure off Rice. Top signing by Liverpool though. Welcome to the £200m mark this window now guys, doesn't seem so bad here now does it?! I look forward to you all embracing the madness.:P
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 03:42:34 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Can someone tell what liverpool first 11 is going to be this season, with Caicedo in it.
I was thinking about it and realised you have so many forward players. Not sure where they are in the pecking order, behind Salah.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Can someone tell what liverpool first 11 is going to be this season, with Caicedo in it.
I was thinking about it and realised you have so many forward players. Not sure where they are in the pecking order, behind Salah.
Alisson
Trent-Konate-VIrgil-Robertson(?)
Caicedo
Szoboszlai-Mac Allister
Salah-Nunez-Diaz
Would be my guess on the strongest XI for a game, with a Bench of Kelleher, Gomez, Tsimikas, Thiago, Jones, Elliott, Gakpo, Jota,?

2nd team Is
Kelleher
Bradley-Matip-Gomez-Tsimikas
Bajcetic
Thiago-Jones
Elliott-Gakpo-Jota

And still want to sign a Left footed Center back also

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
Alisson
Caicedo
Szoboszlai-Mac Allister
Salah-Nunez-Diaz
Would be my guess on the strongest XI for a game, with a Bench of Kelleher, Gomez, Tsimikas, Thiago, Jones, Elliott, Gakpo, Jota,?

2nd team Is
Kelleher
Bajcetic
Thiago-Jones
Elliott-Gakpo-Jota

The beauty of our depth up front is there are many different combinations we can go with and one could easily make the case for an alternate front line.

I would say Salah - Gakpo - Jota is our strongest front 3, given how well Gakpo can knit play together and the goals from Salah and Jota. Some would say Salah - Jota - Diaz; others can go Salah - Nunez - Jota.
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Renowned goalscoring midfielder Declan Rice subbed off in pursuit of a goal.
Forgot Partey scores loads ::)

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Alisson
Caicedo
Szoboszlai-Mac Allister
Salah-Nunez-Diaz

2nd team Is
Kelleher
Bajcetic
Thiago-Jones
Elliott-Gakpo-Jota

Youve reduced the age massively as well, i think youve had a great summer both incomings and outgoings.

Id always start Diaz hes rapid.

Decent 2nd 11 too. At some stage ill put it alongside ours and see how we compare.