Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210984 times)

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #760 on: May 15, 2020, 04:10:53 pm »
Is AC Odyssey much different than Origins, then?  I'm playing Origins at the moment and really enjoying it (my first AC game) although I can see it getting a bit monotonous.  From what I've seen from Odyssey, it's more of the same but just set in ancient Greece instead of Egypt? 

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: May 15, 2020, 04:42:43 pm »
It's actually easier in many ways, you don't have a heavy shield/armor bogging you down so it's easy to dodge/roll and 2 handing your weapon means you do a lot more damage. Have you played Bloodborne? I was also unnerved at playing shieldless until I played Bloodborne, where there's no shield and you get a lot more used to the idea.
Nah, missed the entire last generation including Bloodborne. I do dip into ‘Grass Crest Shield on my back’ mode here and there, most notably for bosses you need to hack down fast like Four Kings. But crowd controlling while shieldless is tricky.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: May 15, 2020, 05:17:14 pm »
Also considering getting Odyssey, never played any AC games and heard it's one of the best, like a Witcher-lite. Want something massive to get lost in to fill the lockdown boredom. £50 on Steam though seems a bit steep for 2 year old game.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #763 on: May 15, 2020, 05:30:47 pm »
Also considering getting Odyssey, never played any AC games and heard it's one of the best, like a Witcher-lite. Want something massive to get lost in to fill the lockdown boredom. £50 on Steam though seems a bit steep for 2 year old game.

If you've never played an AC game, Odyssey is a winner. It's massive, with beautiful scenery and interesting locations. Also pretty decent story. But it's not nearly as exstensive in terms of story and variety as The Witcher. It can get pretty repetetive.

Then again, I've played nearly every AC game since the original, so my opinion might be tainted by that. I never finished Odyssey though (did I mention it's massive?).
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: May 15, 2020, 05:33:44 pm »
Ubisoft are the masters of making a huge open world but with very little to do in it.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: May 15, 2020, 06:57:34 pm »
Having never played Zelda games, but having played RPGs all my life - is the Breath of the wild worth picking up from an RPG perspective? World seems great, but what are quests and npc’s like?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: May 15, 2020, 07:10:31 pm »
Having never played Zelda games, but having played RPGs all my life - is the Breath of the wild worth picking up from an RPG perspective? World seems great, but what are quests and npc’s like?

The quests and npc's are quite novel and fun. There are loads of shrines with little puzzles to do. But the best thing about breath of the wild is the ability to see the vast landscape and go there, it looks like you'll never make it, but if you see it, you can get there. Your missing out not playing BotW, it has to be experienced.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: May 15, 2020, 08:21:28 pm »
About to start Darksiders,is there anything I need to look out for with regards to collecting weapons and other stuff so I can totally complete it ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: May 15, 2020, 08:53:23 pm »
If you've never played an AC game, Odyssey is a winner. It's massive, with beautiful scenery and interesting locations. Also pretty decent story. But it's not nearly as exstensive in terms of story and variety as The Witcher. It can get pretty repetetive.

Then again, I've played nearly every AC game since the original, so my opinion might be tainted by that. I never finished Odyssey though (did I mention it's massive?).

I would agree with most of this. The side mission and bounty stuff can be a bit repetitive but that RPG's in general and in this you can do as many or as few as you want as you rank up pretty fast anyway. and depending on what difficulty setting you play at its not hard to be the right level to move to the next area.

Crimson is absolutely right though, it is massive. I'm level 57 I've clocked about 100 hrs and I still haven't opened up the whole map yet.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #769 on: May 15, 2020, 10:05:02 pm »
BOTW is magical, a wonderful game that I'd recommend to anyone.

I really enjoyed Odyssey. My first AC title was Unity which I really enjoyed but seemed to get a lot of flack. Then I got Syndicate and found it too dull, though it got much better reviews ;D

Odyssey is ace though. Big world, beautiful setting. Story was fine, kept me interested until the end. Obviously some quests a bit repetitive. I got my copy for about £15, if you have a console it's a shedload cheaper than on Steam, about £20.

Looking forward to the new one, a Viking game set partly in Norway but mostly in the UK.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #770 on: May 15, 2020, 10:09:14 pm »
Ubisoft are the masters of making a huge open world but with very little to do in it.

Yep. All the depth of a puddle.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: May 15, 2020, 10:15:12 pm »
BOTW is magical, a wonderful game that I'd recommend to anyone.

I really enjoyed Odyssey. My first AC title was Unity which I really enjoyed but seemed to get a lot of flack. Then I got Syndicate and found it too dull, though it got much better reviews ;D

Odyssey is ace though. Big world, beautiful setting. Story was fine, kept me interested until the end. Obviously some quests a bit repetitive. I got my copy for about £15, if you have a console it's a shedload cheaper than on Steam, about £20.

Looking forward to the new one, a Viking game set partly in Norway but mostly in the UK.

£21.99 from Argos,you can get a digital copy for a little less & might pick up a used copy on ebay for a bit less though looking at them,they all seem to be going for around £20 as well.

£22 from Asda.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: May 15, 2020, 10:35:36 pm »

Currently downloading the latest Ghost Recon, as it happens. They fucked it up and made it all weird and shit with loot crates and health bars, lost all their fans, released a version that reverts it back to a proper game and then sold it cheap.

So I'm getting the proper Wildlands sequel for $15. Not bad at all. Thanks Ubisoft for your constant mismanagement of your franchises.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: May 16, 2020, 05:08:24 pm »
Started Breath of the Wild. Got out of the tutorial area. Not feeling it all that much so far. Weapons degrading after just a few swings is very annoying. Enemies are mostly one-shotting me and I keep getting ambushed. I have to get better gear and soon, or I might just jib it altogether.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #774 on: May 16, 2020, 06:06:21 pm »
Started Breath of the Wild. Got out of the tutorial area. Not feeling it all that much so far. Weapons degrading after just a few swings is very annoying. Enemies are mostly one-shotting me and I keep getting ambushed. I have to get better gear and soon, or I might just jib it altogether.

Persevere. I found it took a little time to click but it’s wonderful when you get going. It’s the game over the last few years that I miss the most as I sold my copy to CEX when I finished it. I’d love to explore that world again.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: May 17, 2020, 10:30:26 am »
Just got Tetris Effect since its cheap on Epic (which I caved in and started using, gotta love freebies).  ITS FRIGGIN AMAZING! If you have any fondness for Tetris you owe it to yourself to grab this, near perfect and what a soundtrack! Best avoided if you have photo sensitive epilepsy though.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: May 17, 2020, 10:32:10 am »

The initial hour or 2 will be challenging, grind through it though, once you level your gear it becomes a cakewalk.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #777 on: May 17, 2020, 01:28:25 pm »
As for Assassin's Creed Odyssey it might be worth noting, that you can get it pretty cheaply on the Epic store at the moment. Get the free copy of GTA V and you'll receive a 10 Euro (I think it will be 10 pounds if you're in the UK) coupon. They also have a sale going with quite a few games. AC Odyssey is in there as well for 19 Euros, use the coupon and you'll get it for 9 Euros (should be the same for pounds probably). Wanted to get it, but thought 32 Euros was too much when it was on sale recently on Steam. So I got it now in the Epic store, well I actually got the whatever edition (might be Gold), that includes the season pass as I've seen some good reviews. Cost 22 Euros in the end and seems well worth it. That said, Epic really need to fix their fucking store. Not only isn't their app working properly half the time, it also made me download AC Odyssey (which seemed to be a huge download), after it had finished it said I had to link it to my Uplay account and then Uplay tried to download the whole thing again. Had to change the install folder manually so Uplay was able to find the already downloaded game. Didn't really help though as it was then downloading a 30 GB patch or whatever... ;)

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: May 17, 2020, 04:54:22 pm »
1 or 2?

I hadn't played 2 for a few months.  Been talking recently about clearing my huge backlog of games.  Turned on Destiny 2 the other day and I'm full-on addicted again, haven't played another game since.

I bought the last expansion now and have been grinding at it since  ;D

Still shite in the Crucible though! I suppose there is no point in playing that until I'm over 1k in light.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #779 on: May 17, 2020, 05:01:29 pm »

I bought the last expansion now and have been grinding at it since  ;D

Still shite in the Crucible though! I suppose there is no point in playing that until I'm over 1k in light.
Level advantages are turned off in the crucible so play to your hearts content! It's a good way to get gear, there's usually something like play 4 games to get a new piece of gear.

Iron Banner is different - your light level does count, so yeah, best avoid it until your probably 950 minimum.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: May 20, 2020, 03:19:13 am »
Just started a small, little known indie title by the name of Red Dead Redemption 2.  I'll give all you lads my unwanted opinion in the appropriate thread when I'm further into the game, but even at this point I gotta say...wow!  Just...fucking...wow!  I think that this may end up challenging Witcher 3 for me as my favorite game ever.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #781 on: May 20, 2020, 04:51:50 am »
The platforming is so, so annoying.

I was looking forward to playing it so much but I'm on Level 4 now and I'm at a part where you have to find a red key, but it's clearly gonna take a humongous amount of jumps and double dashes so I just got fed up and stopped playing. Never had it happen with any of the other Dooms, even Doom 3.

Maybe I'll get back to it later when I get bored in a few weeks or months, but the platforming ruined the game for me. It's like 3D Super Mario.

I retract my comment. I just had to git gud :|
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: May 20, 2020, 11:09:29 am »
A couple of hours in on this and wow it’s one of the most unique and weirdest settings I’ve ever played in.

Still haven’t got a clue what’s going on like.  ;D

A lot further in this now and I would recommend it to anybody who is looking for a change from open worlds and into a more linear setting. The Oldest House might be the best single setting I've played in since the mansion in Resident Evil.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: May 21, 2020, 08:26:35 am »
The initial hour or 2 will be challenging, grind through it though, once you level your gear it becomes a cakewalk.
Well it was more like ten hours, mostly because I ended up in obviously ‘don’t go there yet’ areas - but it’s much better now. Up to 9 or 10 hearts, just looking for Korok babies and hunting gourmet meat cuts.

It’s a very good game, proper ‘write your own adventure’ sandbox. Still struggling with combat a bit - but by sneak’n’snipe game is ace.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: May 29, 2020, 02:58:52 pm »
Has anyone played Mad Max ? It's only £5.99 on Xbox. It looks pretty good, but the reviews are middling.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #785 on: May 29, 2020, 03:00:11 pm »
It’s an open world, with not much to do. Unsurprisingly.
AHA!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #786 on: May 29, 2020, 05:31:33 pm »
Playing a lot of MLB The Show ‘19. A lot of fun!

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: May 30, 2020, 12:16:15 am »
Not gonna post in it's own thread because I'm not looking for a discussion but

GTA Online is fucking terrible.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #788 on: May 30, 2020, 10:10:33 am »
Fight Night Champion on my ol PS3

Looks ace. Best controls in any boxing game (which have now died out). Love doing bare knuckle mode. Lennox Lewis vs Butterbean!

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: May 30, 2020, 11:26:17 am »
Fight Night Champion on my ol PS3

Looks ace. Best controls in any boxing game (which have now died out). Love doing bare knuckle mode. Lennox Lewis vs Butterbean!

We need a new Fight Night or a new boxing game in general. Those shit UFC games took their spot.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #790 on: May 30, 2020, 11:42:40 am »
Think one’s in the works, Eddie Hearn was alluding to it the other week.

I’ve still not beat the champion in that story mode, Isaac Frost is it? Right cheating bastard AI that.
AHA!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #791 on: May 30, 2020, 11:59:55 am »
Not gonna post in it's own thread because I'm not looking for a discussion but

GTA Online is fucking terrible.

Never understood why it got that much love. The servers seem to be atrocious in terms of stability and doing anything except roaming the open world is just awful with constant loading times whenever you want to do something like joining a race or whatever and hoping that the connection actually works. Didn't play a lot of it and haven't tried it in recent times so it might have improved, but the only thing I think was cool were the heists, but don't have any mates online to play them with so never really bothered...

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #792 on: May 30, 2020, 02:18:57 pm »
Think one’s in the works, Eddie Hearn was alluding to it the other week.

I’ve still not beat the champion in that story mode, Isaac Frost is it? Right cheating bastard AI that.

eSports Boxing Club

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DTuYDn0pfKo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DTuYDn0pfKo</a>

There's another that's been in development a while called Round 4 Round Boxing but it seems to have gone quiet, didn't look that great when I saw it anyway

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #793 on: May 30, 2020, 02:26:04 pm »
I’d just be happy with a new Punch Out on the Switch, if I’m honest. Or a new Ready 2 Rumble.
AHA!

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: May 30, 2020, 02:37:18 pm »
The Creed game is good but it’s VR only and you end up sweating after one round.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: May 30, 2020, 03:11:43 pm »
Ok, end game and defeat of Ganon in Breath of the wild may just be the absolute worst anticlimax I ever witnessed in video games.

So this big thing turns out to be a bag of hot air you can sneak up on from behind and after you defeat it you end up in front of it again, only difference being a star on your save file. I mean, how about seeing the Castle rid of its influence? Too much work I guess. They should have made him smaller and made the impact of killing him real not virtual.

Doesn’t really matter though, the real game is in getting lost elsewhere and cooking mighty bananas.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: May 30, 2020, 04:14:53 pm »
Never understood why it got that much love. The servers seem to be atrocious in terms of stability and doing anything except roaming the open world is just awful with constant loading times whenever you want to do something like joining a race or whatever and hoping that the connection actually works. Didn't play a lot of it and haven't tried it in recent times so it might have improved, but the only thing I think was cool were the heists, but don't have any mates online to play them with so never really bothered...

Well it's pretty neat. You can't use private servers for heists etc, I assume to prevent people from cheating or something. But that means you're in public, where everyone is cheating all the time. So when you're just driving A Thing from A to B, (which is 90% of missions so far), you're left praying that some idiot with a Formula 1 car and God mode doesn't destroy your Heist Thing because he can.

And they destroy your Heist Thing a lot.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #797 on: June 3, 2020, 10:02:29 am »
Days of Play deals live on PSN store.

Days Gone is £15.99 - reports are mixed but I couldn't pass that up.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #798 on: June 3, 2020, 11:33:38 am »
Days Gone is fun, just pure fun. Wait til you run into some hordes  ;D

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: June 4, 2020, 03:41:48 am »
Days of Play deals live on PSN store.

Days Gone is £15.99 - reports are mixed but I couldn't pass that up.

Its a decent game, nothing ground breaking but the hordes are fun