Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632076 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Marvel Musings. Now with Endgame Spoilers.
« Reply #6240 on: March 8, 2021, 05:04:47 pm »
Releasing end of May as of now

Cheers.  I fancy the cinema for that.  Wonder if it's safe to ask a friend to come with me?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #6241 on: March 8, 2021, 09:22:09 pm »
Just reading that there are rumours going around that Black Widow maybe released as a Disney+ premier title because of the bad showing of Raya and the Last Dragon's at the cinema last weekend and a lack of promotion for Black Widow film.

But Disney are saying they are still planning to release it in the cinema I guess nothing will stop them doing both

They say if they charge $30 like they did for Mulan every rental makes around the same profit for them as selling 6 cinema tickets
« Last Edit: March 8, 2021, 10:39:05 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6242 on: March 8, 2021, 10:16:28 pm »
Those rumours have cropped up a few times, it seems like Feige and others at Marvel are not keen due to the potential implications it could have on subsequent films going straight to D+ too, you'd think that it will depend on whether or not they are able to push back the release date a bit further.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6243 on: March 8, 2021, 10:42:42 pm »
Just reading that there are rumours going around that Black Widow maybe released as a Disney+ premier title because of the bad showing of Raya and the Last Dragon's at the cinema last weekend and a lack of promotion for Black Widow film.

But Disney are saying they are still planning to release it in the cinema I guess nothing will stop them doing both

They say if they charge $30 like they did for Mulan every rental makes around the same profit for them as selling 6 cinema tickets

The problem with that is the likes of us get to see it in HD the same day  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6244 on: March 8, 2021, 11:56:37 pm »
So why did she create the 'Modern Family' world ;D?

They cover all the other sit coms, feels a bit cheap.

Also, they build Rambeau up and do absolutely nothing with her. Was the inclusion just to spin off a new show?
She's either in Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel 2 or both.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6245 on: March 9, 2021, 01:12:28 am »
She's either in Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel 2 or both.

Secret Invasion seems a likely one for her as well.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6246 on: March 13, 2021, 03:04:26 pm »
The ‘Assembled’ doc on Wandavision is decent. Interesting to see how they approached the different sitcom eras, and didn’t appreciate they actually filmed in front of a live audience.

First reactions in for Falcon/WS which debuts next week. Lots of praise for how character driven it is. First episode is almost 50 minutes long.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6247 on: March 13, 2021, 03:33:37 pm »
The ‘Assembled’ doc on Wandavision is decent. Interesting to see how they approached the different sitcom eras, and didn’t appreciate they actually filmed in front of a live audience.

First reactions in for Falcon/WS which debuts next week. Lots of praise for how character driven it is. First episode is almost 50 minutes long.

Nice, I've been looking forward to the next show the most as Winter Soldier is one of my favourite Marvel movies. I'm curious to see what they do with Falcon and the shield though, Cap had inhuman strength, speed and endurance to draw on when using that thing, if Falcon just gets to use it the same as Cap did without any of that it could be a bit jarring. Then again they've had actual Gods fighting alongside people with pistols since the start so I guess they'll just ease into it.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6248 on: March 13, 2021, 09:29:50 pm »

Quite mad that even stuff like the seating for the audience was appropriate to that era and needing to make Vision a different colour for the b&w eps.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6249 on: March 13, 2021, 10:31:40 pm »
Quite mad that even stuff like the seating for the audience was appropriate to that era and needing to make Vision a different colour for the b&w eps.

I had to laugh at the older woman who was dressed as a 50s' wife,socks pulled up and all.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6250 on: March 18, 2021, 07:57:03 pm »
Decent reviews for the first episode of Falcon & The Winter Soldier.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6251 on: March 18, 2021, 08:18:39 pm »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6252 on: March 19, 2021, 07:12:18 pm »
Anyone watched falcon and the winter soldier yet?

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6253 on: March 19, 2021, 07:53:59 pm »
Anyone watched falcon and the winter soldier yet?

Yes mate, just finished it this second and really enjoyed it. Lots of action in the first ten minutes. Has made me forget Wandavision.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6254 on: March 19, 2021, 08:41:43 pm »
Yeah I enjoyed it. Nice in the TV format they can let the story breathe and show us more of the characters away from their avenging days.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6255 on: March 19, 2021, 09:52:43 pm »
Spoiler
Tony Stark is the real villain
[close]

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #6256 on: March 19, 2021, 11:35:58 pm »
Saw the first episode, loved the pacing and character development.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #6257 on: March 20, 2021, 05:36:12 am »
It’s a great episode, and one thing that would absolutely happen of there was a blip

Spoiler
banks would fuck as many as possible
[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6258 on: March 20, 2021, 11:21:57 am »
Spoiler
Biggest thing I'm enjoying about the Marvel TV stuff so far is the pacing. Sam gets more character development here than in all the movies he's appeared in, and it's probably the same with Bucky.

Fair play to Marvel for tackling a race storyline, with the US government gently nudging Sam into relinquishing the shield only to immediately hand it to a white guy. Hope they dig a little deeper into that.

Was surprised there was no interaction between the two leads, but it's actually a nice choice.
[close]

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6259 on: March 20, 2021, 04:38:18 pm »
Spoiler
Tony Stark is the real villain
[close]

What? How?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6260 on: March 20, 2021, 05:08:42 pm »
What? How?

Spoiler
I'm guessing because Falcon did all that work and never even got paid.
[close]

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6261 on: March 20, 2021, 07:25:02 pm »
What? How?
Spoiler
He buggered the world and countless other planets by telling Hulk to bring back the people who were snapped to the present and not to bring them back straight after they disappeared
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6262 on: March 20, 2021, 11:20:11 pm »
Spoiler
He buggered the world and countless other planets by telling Hulk to bring back the people who were snapped to the present and not to bring them back straight after they disappeared
[close]

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6263 on: March 20, 2021, 11:36:43 pm »
Liked the PTSD stuff with Bucky, not so keen on the storyline with Falcon trying to get a loan though.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6264 on: March 20, 2021, 11:40:12 pm »
not so keen on the storyline with Falcon trying to get a loan though.

Stupid storyline.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #6265 on: March 21, 2021, 02:35:09 am »
Liked the PTSD stuff with Bucky, not so keen on the storyline with Falcon trying to get a loan though.

The superheroes need to unionise up
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #6266 on: March 22, 2021, 10:40:01 am »
If there's an action sequence of that quality in each ep then this'll be a really good show.

Probably very obvious but that scene was showing both how half the world having 5 years without credit history has only helped slimy bankers, and also how being a hero and celebrity did not transcend being black for Sam Wilson.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:47:09 am by OsirisMVZ »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #6267 on: March 22, 2021, 10:58:38 am »
Spoiler
The fact they're making an effort to show actual consequences and lasting implications on normal day to day life of half the planet disappearing for 5 years then reappearing is a good thing, no?

Also really glad they're going into the race stuff straight from the off. I know we're in the happy, fun MCU here but think it would have been a bit tone deaf to just have Sam inherit the shield without any sort of issues in the context of everything that's been going on in the USA the past few years.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 11:00:09 am by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6268 on: March 22, 2021, 11:04:03 am »
I thought it was really excellent. Obviously a vastly different sort of tone to Wandavision but both shows so far have nailed it IMO. Sebastian Stan is a great actor as well, kind of hoping he ends up with the shield at some point.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6269 on: March 22, 2021, 11:17:29 am »
I enjoyed it too. My god The Winter Soldier (when he was bad) was a real stone cold killer.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6270 on: March 22, 2021, 11:50:51 am »
It was good, but i cant say im in the mind set of 'i cant wait for the next episode'

I know it was only the first episode but after the first two Wandavisions (40 mins) theories were flying everywhere and everyone was pumped for the next episode - how a series should be.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6271 on: March 22, 2021, 11:55:55 am »
It was good, but i cant say im in the mind set of 'i cant wait for the next episode'

I know it was only the first episode but after the first two Wandavisions (40 mins) theories were flying everywhere and everyone was pumped for the next episode - how a series should be.

No its not. Its how that particular series was so good, because it was so different and no-one really knew what on earth was going on. This is clearly different, and is actually keeping in line with what Marvel have done so well with the MCU with different genres in the same universe.

Its a bit like watching Stranger Things and then going 'yeah I liked the Sopranos too but its all a bit obvious, I'm not as excited to see if Tony ends up in a different dimension fighting an Italian gangster octopus'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #6272 on: March 22, 2021, 11:58:07 am »

Most people I knew, after watching the first two episodes, told me to just wait and binge the whole lot. I didn't sense any excitement from them ;D.

Indeed after binge watching the whole thing they were right, intriguing setup but hardly edge of your seat stuff.

MCU fans on the Reddits are always going to be down the rabbit hole with theories and shit, it's not a great indicator of anything.
:D

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #6273 on: March 22, 2021, 12:03:01 pm »

What are you talking about? The girl didn't miss a single shot of Battleships, she's definitely dodgy.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #6274 on: March 23, 2021, 07:49:36 am »
:D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6275 on: March 23, 2021, 06:34:42 pm »
So they’ve pushed the movies back again. Black Widow from May to July, will premiere on Disney+ at the same time (for a fee, like Mulan). That was when Shang Chi was due to come out, which has subsequently been pushed to September.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6276 on: March 23, 2021, 06:40:34 pm »
Hope they don't push Spider-Man. That's the only one I care about
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6277 on: March 23, 2021, 07:02:08 pm »
Ah rubbish, was really hoping Black Widow opening in May would ensure the UK cinemas would open up immediately when they were allowed to do.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6278 on: March 23, 2021, 08:24:12 pm »
Not just about the UK at this point though. Happy with that. At least we know when we will actually see it now. Got Falcon & Bucky and Loki before that to kep us going.

I don't mean this to sound crass, but the pandemic slowing things down in the MCU might not do them any harm. I don't know about anyone else, but having a wee break might just help them in the long run.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6279 on: March 23, 2021, 10:35:10 pm »
No its not. Its how that particular series was so good, because it was so different and no-one really knew what on earth was going on. This is clearly different, and is actually keeping in line with what Marvel have done so well with the MCU with different genres in the same universe.

Its a bit like watching Stranger Things and then going 'yeah I liked the Sopranos too but its all a bit obvious, I'm not as excited to see if Tony ends up in a different dimension fighting an Italian gangster octopus'

I was expecting it to be similar to Agents of Shield, good intriguing story lines right from the start. This just seemed like an all out action film. I’m sure it’s going to get a lot better but I’ll be looking forward to Loki a lot more