Author Topic: GAA Thread 2010  (Read 197170 times)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: GAA Thread 2010
« Reply #1800 on: August 10, 2010, 11:00:59 pm »
That was 8 years ago. There was no ultimatum in place at that time that was threatening the erection of fencing. Had there been, he may have stayed put

The 3 years prior to Armagh's win, supporters had not been allowed on the pitch at Croke Park, hence the presentation in the middle of the field.

For some reason they decided to move Armagh's back to the Hogan (maybe the Hogan was finished after being redeveloped) so it made it harder for fans to see.

Don't agree with fans taking bits of the pitch home with them that year though.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1801 on: August 10, 2010, 11:05:10 pm »
Don't agree with fans taking bits of the pitch home with them that year though.

That goes on every year and is not a problem, that pitch gets resodded after the winter.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1802 on: August 10, 2010, 11:07:10 pm »
That goes on every year and is not a problem, that pitch gets resodded after the winter.

How do Kerry and Kilkenny fans find room for it all though? :P
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1803 on: August 10, 2010, 11:07:26 pm »
For some reason they decided to move Armagh's back to the Hogan (maybe the Hogan was finished after being redeveloped) so it made it harder for fans to see.

If my memory serves me, the presentation in 2002 was meant to be in the middle of the pitch, but they reverted to the Hogan due to Armagh invading the pitch. Kilkenny won the hurling 2 weeks previous, but had been presented the cup in the Hogan. Although there were no Kilkenny fans on the pitch IIRC.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1804 on: August 10, 2010, 11:11:16 pm »
I think one of the main issues of last year's pitch invasion was the state of the pitch too though.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1805 on: August 10, 2010, 11:11:46 pm »
How do Kerry and Kilkenny fans find room for it all though? :P

Kilkenny getting a bit close to us now, wouldnt you think they'd give the football a go :P

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1806 on: August 10, 2010, 11:15:16 pm »
Kilkenny getting a bit close to us now, wouldnt you think they'd give the football a go :P

;D

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1807 on: August 10, 2010, 11:17:40 pm »
I think one of the main issues of last year's pitch invasion was the state of the pitch too though.

I think that was due to the fact that it had recently been re-laid after the U2 gig. The pitch looked like it was in shit during the semis

They probably don't know what the fuck a football looks like down there. My cousin lives down in Kilkenny. Anytime I go to visit him, all they talk about in his local pub is hurling hurling hurling. Its all they know
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1808 on: August 10, 2010, 11:20:58 pm »
Yeah, why did they let U2 tear up the pitch?

YNWA Rafa.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1809 on: August 10, 2010, 11:24:43 pm »
Yeah, why did they let U2 tear up the pitch?

It was going to be destroyed anyway from five nights of fat arsed U2 fans trundling along it. I wouldnt have minded a repeat of bloody Sunday while those fuckers were on.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1810 on: August 11, 2010, 10:09:41 pm »
KEERYKOP I was talking to a Kerry lad today

According to him Tommy Walsh is staying put in Oz

How true that is I don't know, but he's fairly clued on GAA matters, so make of it what you will

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1811 on: August 11, 2010, 11:19:15 pm »
KEERYKOP I was talking to a Kerry lad today

According to him Tommy Walsh is staying put in Oz

How true that is I don't know, but he's fairly clued on GAA matters, so make of it what you will

Yep those rumours turned out to be bullshit and they had been going on all summer.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just Ł3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1812 on: August 12, 2010, 01:02:57 am »
Only cos you don't get to do it that often :P

The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1813 on: August 12, 2010, 08:50:24 am »
Hmm, last time our minors won an AI who was it they beat? :P

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just Ł3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1814 on: August 13, 2010, 02:57:21 am »
Hmm, last time our minors won an AI who was it they beat? :P

There was no pitch invasion that day. Bet you were there either.
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1815 on: August 13, 2010, 12:17:43 pm »
There was no pitch invasion that day. Bet you were there either.

No I was in France, there was one after the senior game though.

This was the big topic of debate in yesterday's Off The Fence. It's going against everything the Taylor report recommended too, not only with the fencing but also the size.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1816 on: August 13, 2010, 01:05:15 pm »
Com'on the premier - fair looking forward to this, praying that we give them an absolute hiding that they deserve

right lads lets get the chant going Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1817 on: August 13, 2010, 01:14:06 pm »
Cork 83' Cork 95' semi's we went on to win Sam......lucky omen or third them lucky for the langers?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1818 on: August 13, 2010, 01:15:44 pm »
3rd time lucky me thinks

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1819 on: August 13, 2010, 01:22:27 pm »
3rd time lucky me thinks

you would think that considering up till a couple of weeks ago Tyrone were gonna hammer us....And Kerrykop I told you so you never beat Down...listen to the wise one in future

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1820 on: August 13, 2010, 01:23:28 pm »
you would think that considering up till a couple of weeks ago Tyrone were gonna hammer us....And Kerrykop I told you so you never beat Down...listen to the wise one in future

Oh...ok then

Thanks

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: August 13, 2010, 01:27:37 pm »
Oh...ok then

Thanks

good man, you know it makes sense

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1822 on: August 13, 2010, 01:39:43 pm »

You took your time with that! Fair play, you're true a footballing oracle :P

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1823 on: August 13, 2010, 02:59:47 pm »
Didi, give me the lotto numbers for three weekends ago, I could do with a few pound.

What's everyone watching tomorrow night? Liverpool Arsenal for me. I despise Waterford, and Tipp aren't much better. FWIW, Tipp will win by 6-8 points.

On another note, absolutely gutted for King Henry. Greatest hurler of my generation, and a few other generations for that matter.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1824 on: August 13, 2010, 03:07:55 pm »
What's everyone watching tomorrow night? Liverpool Arsenal for me. I despise Waterford, and Tipp aren't much better. FWIW, Tipp will win by 6-8 points.

Tomorrow night? You crazy Ozzie. Us v Arse for me. In Croker it'll probably be A tight scrappy game . Hopefully I dont want to miss any good shit, although I could quite easily arch my back in the pub and keep an eye on Tipp and Deise

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1825 on: August 13, 2010, 03:21:42 pm »
Tomorrow night? You crazy Ozzie. Us v Arse for me. In Croker it'll probably be A tight scrappy game . Hopefully I dont want to miss any good shit, although I could quite easily arch my back in the pub and keep an eye on Tipp and Deise

going to croker, us v the arse recorded on the old dvr, god bless technology

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1826 on: August 13, 2010, 03:27:01 pm »
going to croker, us v the arse recorded on the old dvr, god bless technology

I know the way, when the county's up at HQ the red bricked houses around Anfield can seem a very far away place indeed

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1827 on: August 13, 2010, 03:28:32 pm »

Yeah, what's wrong with tomorrow night? You'll be saving that soon enough yourself! I'm nine hours ahead like. I recommend that ye don't bother going anywhere tonight, fuck all happens!

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: August 13, 2010, 04:04:08 pm »
I know the way, when the county's up at HQ the red bricked houses around Anfield can seem a very far away place indeed

A lot of counties this year, your Dublins and Downs etc of this world are going to experience the conflict of GAA v LFC for the first time in a very long time, maybe ever.  Tis rare they see any champoinship action from the middle of august

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1829 on: August 13, 2010, 04:15:25 pm »
I'll watch both. I'll have the hurling on TV and the footy on the laptop

Tipp will win by about 6 points

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1830 on: August 13, 2010, 04:17:09 pm »
A lot of counties this year, your Dublins and Downs etc of this world are going to experience the conflict of GAA v LFC for the first time in a very long time, maybe ever.  Tis rare they see any champoinship action from the middle of august

Thats only a problam for the bandwagoners and no one gives a shit about them except of course the GAA

Yeah, what's wrong with tomorrow night? You'll be saving that soon enough yourself! I'm nine hours ahead like. I recommend that ye don't bother going anywhere tonight, fuck all happens!

This thread works on Irish time goddammit!

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1831 on: August 13, 2010, 05:02:27 pm »

Excuuuuuuussseee meeeeee! I always choose GAA no matter who's playing (unless its a foregone conclusion like Kerry playing Mayo)

YNWA Rafa.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1832 on: August 13, 2010, 05:03:58 pm »
It'll be the GAA anyway, we don't have Sky Sports back in yet.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1833 on: August 13, 2010, 05:36:34 pm »
This may be slightly random, but I'd love to nobble Joanne Cantwell   

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1834 on: August 13, 2010, 05:37:58 pm »
nom nom nom nom

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1835 on: August 13, 2010, 05:45:06 pm »
You can climb my peak any day Joanne, you dirty little minx

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1836 on: August 13, 2010, 06:25:14 pm »
I love those flirtatious looks she used to give the panel on the Sunday Game

mmmmmmmm

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1837 on: August 13, 2010, 06:27:06 pm »
I love those flirtatious looks she used to give the panel on the Sunday Game

mmmmmmmm

Back off c*nt chops

She's mine, all mine

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1838 on: August 13, 2010, 06:29:22 pm »
Back off c*nt chops

She's mine, all mine

Cant handle a bit of competition typical langer

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1839 on: August 13, 2010, 06:32:00 pm »
Cant handle a bit of competition typical langer

You're a sound man, c*nt :P