Author Topic: Match Preview: Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace [Saturday 19 August, K.O. 15:00]  (Read 33516 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Surely it's loftus-cheek CM not puncheon.

:D I was confusing Calvert-Lewin with Loftus-Cheek for some reason. Fucking double barrelled names. But yes, still, that's not a central midfield designed to deal with transitions very well.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Yeah rotation is just something people can't get to grips with / understand for some reason. And the midweek game is tougher but also way way more important

I also enjoy getting to see different players do a job. Granted, we need a stronger squad to do it more regularly.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
Looks like 3 at the back. Milner or Mane at rwb.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
The squad is already at breaking point 3 games into the season which is freaking insane but as long as we get the win today that doesn't matter.

cmon reds

So whats the point of the breaking point comment?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
Your post is awful and you should feel bad.

Yeah, I do. Maybe it's my hangover. I'm normally positive, and Klopp/the team will always have my full support. But you have to admit we haven't done enough (so far) in this window.

Anyway, come on red men!

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
come on guys only positive thoughts please. We have a very important game now and midweek. Just get behind the team. Lets control what we can and support the team though good times and bad. We are LFC.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Well... I'm surprised by that line up. Not the one I would have picked. But hey ho, could be good.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Yeah rotation is just something people can't get to grips with / understand for some reason. And the midweek game is tougher but also way way more important
If we qualify we will have midweek games all fall thought, so it feels like a glimpse into the future. And it's not pretty.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.

You would certainly expect the defence to get a tougher test midweek, so you can understand the rotation there.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Obviously the concern is the defence, they havent played together so it will be difficult for Robertson to settle in. Klavan tends to lose concentration against the poorer teams (bit the the team as a whole).

Really need to take control early. Palace are there to be beaten but we don't want to give them anything thats builds their confidence.

COMON U REDMEN!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
One major sticking point for me is Salah is on the bench, Jurgen i'm looking at you for messin around with me Fantasy Team ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
When I see that midfield I can't help but feel extra resentful to Coutinho right now. He's left us in the shit.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
One major sticking point for me is Salah is on the bench, Jurgen i'm looking at you for messin around with me Fantasy Team ;D

He'll come off the bench and score.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
If we qualify we will have midweek games all fall thought, so it feels like a glimpse into the future. And it's not pretty.

Come again?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
looking at some reactions to the starting line-up of only the second game of the season makes me wonder how half the people on here function from day to day. Overreactions, misery, negativity ffs!! 7

3-1 to the redmen, great to see Daniel back in contention - time to get the EPL season started!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Christ our squad is seriously lacking in quality. We'll need to win plenty of games with line-ups like this though so we'll get a good idea where we truly are after today.

Almost as if we've made a mess of our summer.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When I see that midfield I can't help but feel extra resentful to Coutinho right now. He's left us in the shit.

He'll be back in two weeks once the window closes, and even earlier if Barcelona officially drop their interest.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
Wondering why Lovren is the one being rested. He's clearly our best aerial player and Benteke is one of the best in the league.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
At least fucking wait until half time! I'm so glad none of you are actually playing today.

I am glad none of them (hopefully) are not attending the game, to be honest.

It is our 3rd game of the season, in one week, after a demanding preseason and people are already moaning about rotation.

So much for trusting in Klopp, yeah! Gotta love the bedwetting attitude  ::)

Come on you Redmen, twat Palace today by 3 goals, and at the same time make these bedwetting twats choke on their utter shite they are sprouting. Make them disappear from here in 2 hours time.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
No Zaha is a big miss for them. Keeping Townsend and Benteke quiet will be crucial

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are people moaning about rotation or are they moaning at the state of our squad? Obviously we need to rotate more this season with Champions League football, everybody knows that, what is alarming is our first rotation of the season sees 2 kids starting in the back four, the bang average Ragnar Klavan alongside them and Milner in midfield.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Wondering why Lovren is the one being rested. He's clearly our best aerial player and Benteke is one of the best in the league.

Klavan has it covered.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
He'll come off the bench and score.

He better ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Christ our squad is seriously lacking in quality.

Almost as if we've made a mess of our summer.

Yeah, we made a real mess by not allowing Southampton or Leipzig to sell VVD or Keita to us, and we really fucked up by signing Salah! My word, imagine what we might mess up next? ::)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Well......

It's easy to crisis the lack of transfer activity but when one of our key players shoots us in the foot, that's shitty.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Rotating players doesn't mean we're at breaking point. If you can't realize that we have midweek games now, and intense ones at that, then this season is going to be a long one for you. We also have arsenal at the weekend.

So as Klopp said the line up reflects the last game, current game and the next game. I.e. a combination of things. Get used to it

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No Zaha is a big miss for them. Keeping Townsend and Benteke quiet will be crucial

Benteke is carrying a slight injury too, which will help us.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Well......

It's easy to crisis the lack of transfer activity but when one of our key players shoots us in the foot, that's shitty.

Lallana is the bigger miss in midfield.

Offline North Red

• Anny Roader
So firmino pushed to the side? hmm

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Rotating players doesn't mean we're at breaking point. If you can't realize that we have midweek games now, and intense ones at that, then this season is going to be a long one for you. We also have arsenal at the weekend.

So as Klopp said the line up reflects the last game, current game and the next game. I.e. a combination of things. Get used to it

Yep. We cannot play the same XI week-in, week-out

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
what is alarming is our first rotation of the season sees 2 kids starting in the back four, the bang average Ragnar Klavan alongside them and Milner in midfield.

It's concerning, we need to get two players at the very least, in before the window closes.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Lallana is the bigger miss in midfield.

That's debatable but at least Lallana has a bona fide injury.

Coutinho wouldn't be a bad replacement though. :)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow

Rotating players wouldn't be a big problem to most here if we actually had quality back up.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Are people moaning about rotation or are they moaning at the state of our squad? Obviously we need to rotate more this season with Champions League football, everybody knows that, what is alarming is our first rotation of the season sees 2 kids starting in the back four, the bang average Ragnar Klavan alongside them and Milner in midfield.

Well I've been obsessing over the thinness of the squad all summer but that doesn't mean you don't rotate - you can't just run out the same 11 match after match and expect to do well - you have to use the squad whether the players are strong enough or not

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan

I don't think people have an issue with rotation, if anything a lot of us thought we didn't rotate enough last season. The issue for me is that as soon as we do rotate the quality of the team drops drastically.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
So firmino pushed to the side? hmm

Yes for the best CF in our Squad. ;)
Y.N.W.A.

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes

It's this for me. Absolutely no problem with rotating ahead of a massive game on Wednesday. My only concern is the lack of depth. That defence looks very weak, and Benteke has a habit of running us ragged. Who knows, it might work beautifully, and I'll happily choke on the shite I'm spouting

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Well I've been obsessing over the thinness of the squad all summer but that doesn't mean you don't rotate - you can't just run out the same 11 match after match and expect to do well - you have to use the squad whether the players are strong enough or not

Agreed.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Again though, nobody is moaning about rotating. People are moaning because we've had all summer to make sure we have quality to come in when we do rotate and yet we field that side in our second game of the season.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite

Spot on, squad lacks general quality
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.