Author Topic: Match Preview: Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace [Saturday 19 August, K.O. 15:00]  (Read 33515 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Just ignore them, they'll never be able to convince us that he's a flop, the only way we'll be convinced is if he does turn out to be a flop (which I highly doubt).

I'm surprised Jenas hasn't highlighted all the sitters he's missed in the last two games. If you are going to tell a lie make sure it's a whopper.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
Big chance for Robertson today! I'm amazed to see so many changes, to be honest, especially in defence, but I like the slightly attacking change with Milner in midfield - it looks a little more balanced - and we are definitely going to need to rotate this season.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Second game of the season and that is our line up. Jesus.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
I'd love 5-0

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Midfield Milly.  The most depressing kids TV show of all time.   :-X
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Fair bit concerned about this back four; three natural centre backs and one completely unproven LB at Liverpool level. I fear we'll ship a lot of goals from that side this season unless Milner is restored as first choice, but then again, I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully Palace will hold their line higher than under their British managers beforehand and therefore there will be chances to break but... I don't like playing these fellas. They're our 2010's version of what Boro were to us in the 2000's...  :-X
Linudden.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
At the risk of being a negative nelly...what the fuck is that line up?  :o

Should be enough to win the game, but wow.

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
The team for today looks so unbalanced and vulnerable.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Just like to put on record, in case this goes tits up today, that I am delighted with the team. Good man Jurgan, it is gonna be a bit a harem scarum afternoon for the greying denisons of Anfield.
5 - 2, I would love to be there.
Seey'all in the post match mangle.
Sing the reds through the storm Anfield !!

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Absolutely. This does not bode well for this match and rest of season. Prove me wrong lads but surely that really plays  into bentekes hands

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp on Sturridge: "I think it makes sense after a good pre-season then a break with a little muscle thing we bring him in immediately."

Klopp: “It was clear we had to make changes, especially with Trent. We cannot push him through all of the games."

Klopp on team selection: “It was a combination of the last game, the next game and the actual game, which is the main thing to think about."

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
The Klopp out heroes? Love those fans. They 'get' it.

Oh you should read some of the claptrap. Mind boggling shite.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
At the risk of being a negative nelly...what the fuck is that line up?  :o

Should be enough to win the game, but wow.

Surely, that's the point: pick a team to win the game, given availability, fitness and the schedule...

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Delighted to see some rotation though. Can has been going through the motions so far for us in my opinion.
And Gini hasn't been going through the motions? Amazed that he seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week. But that discussion is for another time, perhaps.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
That backline worries me. Which probably means they'll keep a clean sheet and look solid as I know fuck all.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Big chance for Robertson today! I'm amazed to see so many changes, to be honest, especially in defence, but I like the slightly attacking change with Milner in midfield - it looks a little more balanced - and we are definitely going to need to rotate this season.

The defensive changes do not surprise me to be honest. We have been pretty bad and the two dropped well.......
Y.N.W.A.

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
I hope we go in at half time 2-0 up. I can imagine the shit show otherwise.

Up the reds!

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
Not feeling that back 4  :o hope they prove me wrong!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
You have to look at what it is playing against though. A central midfield of Milivojevec & Puncheon.

My biggest concern is having two passive aerial defenders vs an aggressive aerial attacker in Benteke.

Delighted to see some rotation though. Can has been going through the motions so far for us in my opinion. Moreno & TAA got through a fierce amount of work on Tuesday. A fresh Salah coming on against Tomkins late in the game could decide it. We never had that pace off the bench last year.

Suspect without the ball, Firmino will drop and make it a 4-D-2 to make sure we always have a man over in defence somewhere rather than 1-v-1 all over the pitch. Also suspect we will be more compact than usual centrally to give better defensive access and will likely leave their wing backs - particularly Ward - quite open at times for a switch as a trade off for being more solid through the middle and leaving Mane high up the pitch again.

Yeah watching Can so far this season has been tough, either he's still in friendly mode or we're going to have a problem all season with him now that he's seemingly leaving. Still, some of the things I didn't want to see this season include Klavan playing important games, Milner in midfield, Gomez at fullback, Firmino pushed out wide and yet another midfield lacking creativity. I may have been wrong on Gomez as he's looked much improved now that he's well past his injury but the rest are all things I still worry about, and we're seeing all of them in this game.

How anyone can look at our squad and think it's fine is beyond me.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I like it.
Let's do this!
 :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is it a 5-3-2 or a 4-3-3? Milner rwb and robertson lwb?

Offline dangerpuss

• Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
And Gini hasn't been going through the motions? Amazed that he seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week. But that discussion is for another time, perhaps.

Can played in the Conf cup. That midfield is pretty solid. Milner and Hendo will work hard and Gini has some more guile. I expect Firmino to drop in to steal the ball quite often.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
The defensive changes do not surprise me to be honest. We have been pretty bad and the two dropped well.......

They haven't been dropped they've been rested for the more important game midweek
Let's not start pretending Lovren isn't our first choice centre back

Offline North Red

• Anny Roader
One could say it really doesn't matter what changes are made in defense, it can't get any worse  :D

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Don't mind Klavan for this one. I think he is better than Lovren against physical forwards. It's pace that hurts him. Good to see Robertson get the nod. We'll need some good attacking play from him since we won't get much from midfield.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Prediction: 0-0
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Sevens and Eights

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
I like it.
Let's do this!
 :scarf :scarf :scarf

630 am, I got my tequila with coffee on, and my kit wearing, blurry eyed backside on my couch.
I plan on annoying my fellow condo neighbors with my explitetives and cheering.

Let's go boys!

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
Is this the right place to come for a pre-match meltdown? Watching the end of the Utd game, and the strength they have, then looking at our line-up......we're light years behind them. I really worry for us this season if we don't bring some fresh faces in before the end of the month

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
One could say it really doesn't matter what changes are made in defense, it can't get any worse  :D
Hehehe!
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
just has the feel of benteke doing us again today. Time will tell.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is this the right place to come for a pre-match meltdown? Watching the end of the Utd game, and the strength they have, then looking at our line-up......we're light years behind them. I really worry for us this season if we don't bring some fresh faces in before the end of the month

HAHAHA!

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader

Bang on

Offline dangerpuss

• Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez

At least fucking wait until half time! I'm so glad none of you are actually playing today.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
The team for today looks so unbalanced and vulnerable.

How come?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We're not light years behind them at all, and just because they've beaten West Ham and Swansea in a row doesn't mean they'll have a better season than they did last time around.

It's entirely possible that we'll sign some players based on how we do next Wednesday.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline leiva-pool

• Anny Roader
Fair bit concerned about this back four; three natural centre backs and one completely unproven LB at Liverpool level.
Does is really matter though? Our normal back line sucks as well. As long as we outscore them that's the main objective. We're gonna leak shit loads of goals regardless.
Gary Neville is a c*nt - FACT!!!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Maybe you should post in Redcafe then?

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader

Certainly agree with their squad versus ours. Just so strong.  But when all first 11 are fit we can still do hem.

But unfortunately  again it looks like we are really gonna have to depend on the squad and that isn't strong enough.

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
just has the feel of benteke doing us again today. Time will tell.

He's got a slight injury so hopefully it makes a difference!