Author Topic: Match Preview: Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace [Saturday 19 August, K.O. 15:00]  (Read 33508 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
no reason we cant dominate these today. Can see us winning comfortably if we can grab the 1st goal.
Palace are poor at the back, and will cave in should we take a lead. Midfield is where we can win the game today. If they are allowed space in midfield they could hurt us on the counter. We need to clever, smother them in attack and stifle when we defend.

They're also without Zaha as well, which is a big loss for them.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Is Mane injured?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is Mane injured?

No, he's being rested.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
CL game is priority id guess so Klopp is right to rest players. Hope we can dig out a win with what we have but no disaster if not.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Not a chance Kent comes in for Mane, as much as I'd like to see the like for like change, we all know it'll be Origi.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Going to be a wet day here. Whomever plays, let's get behind them and get the place pumping. First home game of the season and no better way to start by beating our bogey team.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
CL game is priority id guess so Klopp is right to rest players. Hope we can dig out a win with what we have but no disaster if not.

Both Mane and Can came back to pre-season training late, so it's a good idea to rest them. We have enough to beat them even without Mane and the injured players, a win would be a massive confidence boost before the second leg.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
So who comes in for Mane?

Kent? Woodburn?

Maybe sturridge will play with firmino on wing.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Just wait for the fewm when the only change is Milner for Mane  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Where's the sauce for Mane being rested?....he looks the fittest player in the squad by a Snowdonia mile...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Not a chance Kent comes in for Mane, as much as I'd like to see the like for like change, we all know it'll be Origi.

Yay :/

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Just wait for the fewm when the only change is Milner for Mane  8)

Would be a bit mad. Kent was supposed to be the backup winger so you would like to think he gets a go. Unless of course all that was just not true?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Where's the sauce for Mane being rested?....he looks the fittest player in the squad by a Snowdonia mile...

There's no reports of him being injured, he missed training yesterday and Thursday but the Echo said he and Can may have been scheduled to miss the sessions anyway.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sadio-mane-emre-can-missing-13495874

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yay :/

He doesn't know for sure, we'll just have to wait for 2pm.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I think we might really struggle to turn in a good performance today.

Need to grind out a shit house 2-1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
He doesn't know for sure, we'll just have to wait for 2pm.

I know. I'm trying to keep faith in Origi but......sigh

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That would make no sense to me. Kent has to be the direct replacement for Mane or Salah at this moment.

• Legacy Fan
That would make no sense to me. Kent has to be the direct replacement for Mane or Salah at this moment.

No harm in it at all. Have faith in him I say :) you can always switch if not working...Throw him it!

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
Kent has confidence, just need to give him chance if Mane is rested for this game.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
I worry for us going forward if no Mane,  on top of that missing creativity from the likes of Coutinho and Lallana,  feels like we could endure a frustrating afternoon.  I'm going for draw here  now as I fully expect Palace to park the bus after what Huddersfield  did.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:36:13 am by SandyShore »

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
There's no reports of him being injured, he missed training yesterday and Thursday but the Echo said he and Can may have been scheduled to miss the sessions anyway.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sadio-mane-emre-can-missing-13495874

it doesn't say he's being rested in that article...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I worry for us going forward if no Mane,  on top of that missing creativity from the likes of Coutinho and Lallana,  feels like we could endure a frustrating afternoon,  going for draw here unfornutely now. Fully expect Palace to park the bus after what Huddersfield  did.

Isn't de Boer doing the exact opposite of parking the bus, though? Either way, they've not got Zaha and he seems to be struggling with the Premier League already.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
it doesn't say he's being rested in that article...

I know, the article is about the bit where I said that they might have been scheduled to miss training.

"While it is believed the pair were scheduled to miss the session, some supporters took to social media to voice their worry over their absences."

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
First game at home.New pitch.Get the ball down and play the way we can and i Think we'll blow the roof off and batter these

Rather play these now than when theyre in a relegation battle

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
Salah might need a rest and all. He's played every match so far but, unlike Mane, I think he played 80+ mins in each one. Hopefully Sturridge is fit enough to come in.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
I know, the article is about the bit where I said that they might have been scheduled to miss training.

"While it is believed the pair were scheduled to miss the session, some supporters took to social media to voice their worry over their absences."

so social media says Mane is being rested... ;D ...ok, got it

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
Get in Solanke and Arnold and other young players.

We can't afford to draw this or loose this.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. ::)

Would you prefer it if he was injured?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It’s apparently Paul Joyce who said he’s unlikely to start. Not sure if that’s just his guesswork after Mane missed a few days training.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It’s apparently Paul Joyce who said he’s unlikely to start. Not sure if that’s just his guesswork after Mane missed a few days training.

For all any of us know, he might be playing or at least on the bench. We'll find out at 2pm, I guess.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone but Wijnaldum, guy is in bad form. Play Woodburn.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
I worry for us going forward if no Mane,  on top of that missing creativity from the likes of Coutinho and Lallana,  feels like we could endure a frustrating afternoon.  I'm going for draw here  now as I fully expect Palace to park the bus after what Huddersfield  did.

Just like last year, this is one of the problems we face when playing teams like palace, they play completely differently against us and other Top 6 compared to how they approach Huddersfield. Historically we have not been able to find a way through. I do think that today will be different, we are not playing an Allardyce or Pardew team so I don't think they will be as negative. There is bound to be an element of it but I suspect not as deep or disciplined.

Salah could also be a game changer given his speed and ability, will be a shame if we dont have Mane too as I think having both will be the key to a lot of games we play this season.

If no Mane, I hope Klopp plays a variation of 4-2-3-1/Diamond to get the best out of a front striker.

• Legacy Fan
So Mane is "injured" huh, yeah we're selling him to Accrington Stanley....I'm an ITK

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was Paul Joyce who reported that Mane is unlikely to start. As reliable as they get.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was Paul Joyce who reported that Mane is unlikely to start. As reliable as they get.

And as he would have said if Mane is injured, he's likely being rested for Hoffenheim. Even then, he might still be on the bench.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Resting one of Mane or Salah makes sense but what he does without one of them has been a question all summer
I'm not a fan of Origi and Firmino together in a 3 - think it looked pretty dysfunctional last season. Hope we keep Firmino in the middle and pick someone to keep the shape and play in the 3 - whoever that is ?!

(Or change the shape entirely and play a diamond or whatever)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:27:46 am by JackWard33 »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
I think we should try and score goals, and not let them score any goals.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I know we have Hoffenheim on Wednesday, but resting players against a side that has won on their last 3 trips to Anfield probably isn't the smartest thing to do, especially given our indifferent start in the first match against Watford.

Hoffenheim is huge but all we have to do is professionally see the tie out. We'd have to lose 2-0, and I don't think that's too likely to happen.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis

Loving the optimism
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.