Author Topic: Match Preview: Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace [Saturday 19 August, K.O. 15:00]  (Read 33509 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
I didn't see any of palaces opening game but with their new manager I will be interested to see if they are trying to change their style to less direct. If they are then it will surely play into our hands.

I hope Milner starts at left back but other than that I wouldn't change much.

Good to have a Saturday 3 pm kick off as well. Doubt there will be many this season !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
This Palace team isn't fit for De Boer's style. Remember under Holloway a few years ago, they were soft as anything before he resigned.

We really should score 3 or 4 and that should be enough. Even with how bad we are at the back, they shouldn't score more than 2.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
They are not injured, giving rest days.
The day before a match?

Seems odd.

Anyway, we could lose Mané more easily than Can.  Stick Sturrudgecup front, Salah and Firmino behind, and then Hendo Gini and Milner in midfield..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Karius, Klavan, Gomez, Milner, Grujic, Solanke, Origi - these have been the subs for the last 2 games

I would drop Gomez replace with Kent
Drop Origi replace with Danny (if fit)

We need subs can make a difference to a game.

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
migs
trent matip klavan robertson
emre milner wij
salah studge bobby

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
would love it if sturridge tried to make a statement of footballing intent, as he sometimes does.  He can be the difference, as we've all seen before, between winning and losing.  a fully fit sturridge.  A fully fit sturridge..........
dios esta buena

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Looking for a morale boosting thumping tomorrow...and I sense it as well.

I enjoyed James Richardson's take on Trent Alexander-Arnold: "Has he become the first three names on the teamsheet?"

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Hope to see Gomez (RB) and Grujic tomorrow. The squad will look a lot deeper if they can get a few a chances early in the season and take them.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
I think this is going to be a good result for us. Going in to a game with a bit of hilarity is always a good thing. (Barcelona's offer for Coutinho.  :lmao :lmao)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
The day before a match?

Seems odd.

Anyway, we could lose Mané more easily than Can.  Stick Sturrudgecup front, Salah and Firmino behind, and then Hendo Gini and Milner in midfield..

Could be a change of formation as well if Sturridge is fit and able to play from the start.  Maybe a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield. Firmino at the tip of the diamond with Origi and Sturridge up front which would give both Mane and Salah a rest.  Hendo, Milner, and Gini in midfield. 

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Resting any player other than Moreno in this match would mean disaster. This team has 0 depth.

Also I expect, Sturridge will not start because he has no match practise.

I think Sturridge will be on the bench. I expect it will be the same team as last time out, with maybe Milner in.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Joyce saying Mane unlikely to start. Luckily we've got loads of boss wingers ready to come in!  ::)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Joyce saying Mane unlikely to start. Luckily we've got loads of boss wingers ready to come in!  ::)
Where did he say that and did he say why?

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
I'm expecting Sturridge to start up top with Salah.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Just a precaution apparently
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just a precaution apparently
Some were saying earlier that he might be rested, so it should be fine.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
I'm expecting Sturridge to start up top with Salah.
Firmino, Salah and Sturridge is still an awesome front 3. If we get an early goal it could be a very long afternoon for Palace.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Thank you Crosby Nick (seems so strange and too civil calling you that). Indeed, there's no gloom expected here mate, I anticipate an eventual comfortable win. For the knobs among us, I mean at the end of 90 minutes not 20 minutes - eventual :)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Why is Mane missing the Game?

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Quite confident with this game, should crush them comfortably.
Believer

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.

I'm assuming because he's coming back from a serious injury and missed the start of pre-season. Probably don't want to risk him playing 3 games in a week so soon.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
What time do the warm ups start usually? Is it like 230? Not seen one in years but need to be in in time for it tomorrow.
More like 215 mate
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
Rumours are that mane and AA are out - our best to players thus far. If that's the case the natural replacements don't look ideal - Gomez a centre back and Kent an unproven teenager. The lack of depth in our squad after last season is maddening

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Not worried about this. Think Palace will struggle to adapt to De Boer's playing style

3-1 Liverpool.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
Mane not starting this as well then. Sigh.

Second game of the season and already no Coutinho, Lallana and Mane. But apparently the squad is strong enough.

I'd go the diamond. Expect we'll see Firmino shoved out wide.

Offline nellyp

• hant. All Hail the old new Baldrick!!!
  • Anny Roader
  • Life's not black and white, it's red and white
If Mane is being rested (3 games don't forget) then that is fine. I thought we bought Salah as cover for him. Kent steps in as the cover for Salah. No TAA then Gomez comes in or I imagine we could even put Milner there (or even Can). They can already play full back and will be on the right side of the pitch.

I think this is the ideal game to give the squad players game time as CP are adjusting to a new style of play, and it means fresher legs for midweek

Come on Liverpool. I think it will be 3-1, slipping from 3-0 in the last minute lol

By the way I don't even know who are in the squad, so this is completely off the top of my head :)
In a world of uncertainty and worry, it is calming to know that as a fan of the greatest club in the world I will never walk alone

Offline nellyp

• hant. All Hail the old new Baldrick!!!
  • Anny Roader
  • Life's not black and white, it's red and white

Second game of the season and already no Coutinho, Lallana and Mane. But apparently the squad is strong enough.

I'd prefer Firmiho dropping back a bit and bring Solanke in for a game
In a world of uncertainty and worry, it is calming to know that as a fan of the greatest club in the world I will never walk alone

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
First home game of the season and our squad is being tested, what a fucking shame. With whats available I would go;

Mignolet

Milner
Matip
Klavan
Moreno

Can
Wijnaldum
Firmino

Salah
Solanke
Origi

I can't watch the midfield trio of Hendo, Gini, Can any longer and definitely think Firmino could do a job in the Lallana role. We need something different in there.

Don't fancy Gomez at RB either if TAA is out, at least Milner has some proper experience as a full back.

Don't think it will be an easy game. Il say a nervy 2-1 win

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
Initial reaction to Mane not starting was WTF! but moments later it makes sense he's come back from a serious injury and needs to be careful so actually I'll shut up!

Good to see Sturridge back in as well and it'll be an opportunity for Solanke as well.

The one worry I have if Trent Arnold-Alexander is being rested is Joe Gomez. I hope he's not going to make a stupid challenge and give away a needless set piece or something. Hopefully he'll be cool and it's all ends up good!

Offline Midekima

• Kopite
Well this is the time where we really see whether Klopp trusts the squad. If he trusts his bench then surely Kent for Mane and Gomez for TAA are the obvious changes.

Or he doesn't trust the reserves evidencing the need to buy more cover and he changes the formation.

Two up front perhaps? Milner on the right?

This match day squad will be revealing.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
Feels like a big risk the suggested changes but obviously we don't want to have players burnt out. Simply can't afford to drop pts today as it already feels like we're playing catch up. I hope the lads that come in take their chance.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
I really hope Kent starts today if Mane is rested, instead of sticking Origi or Firmino wide.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Not for me.. I would start Kent.

Kent is direct and can beat a man. This is what you need against teams like Palace.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First home game of the season and our squad is being tested, what a fucking shame. With whats available I would go;

Mignolet

Milner
Matip
Klavan
Moreno

Can
Wijnaldum
Firmino

Salah
Solanke
Origi

I can't watch the midfield trio of Hendo, Gini, Can any longer and definitely think Firmino could do a job in the Lallana role. We need something different in there.

Don't fancy Gomez at RB either if TAA is out, at least Milner has some proper experience as a full back.

Don't think it will be an easy game. Il say a nervy 2-1 win

Origi should be nowhere near the 1st team right now.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gomez in for TAA.
Robertson in for Moreno.
Kent in for Mane.
Milner for Henderson to play in the Lallana role.
Solanke to come in by 70' for Firmino.
Mane to come in by 70' for Salah.
Grujic in for Can if we are winning.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Big of a bogey side as of late at Anfield this lot.  Today is the day to lay that to rest. 4-1.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Shame we have nobody else to come in for Manè, squad is already in tatters and it's only the second game.

Don't think Kent is good enough and not sure he will ever be. I'll be rooting for him if he comes in but not a good sign for things to come.

Jury is still out on Gomez as well. Came in against Watford and made a silly foul in the build up to their last goal I think. Pre injury he looked decent but now not so sure. Willing to give him time for sure but in the first team, although we've little choice due to our inactivity in the transfer market.

“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Gerrard-2-Torres

• Main Stander
Hoping for Sturridge, gut tells me Origi.

Danny Ings would be a great third choice striker as well. Wonder how his fitness is coming along.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
no reason we cant dominate these today. Can see us winning comfortably if we can grab the 1st goal.
Palace are poor at the back, and will cave in should we take a lead. Midfield is where we can win the game today. If they are allowed space in midfield they could hurt us on the counter. We need to clever, smother them in attack and stifle when we defend.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I'm guessing we'll be using this for pre-match threads for a while yet then

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.