Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1015346 times)

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #2760 on: October 6, 2022, 04:16:58 pm »
It's amazing how I never realised that we bought Haaland. despite this, his thead, being the Liverpool section and everything. I do think they should put Haaland's name in it though, being as it's his thead.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #2761 on: October 6, 2022, 04:40:18 pm »
It's amazing how I never realised that we bought Haaland. despite this, his thead, being the Liverpool section and everything. I do think they should put Haaland's name in it though, being as it's his thead.

Whatever you do, don't compare him to Nunez.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2762 on: October 7, 2022, 08:12:55 am »
I think when his fortunes change, they change dramatically, quickly and for the better. I hope, no feel, that a turning point is not far away for him. The pressure lifts off his shoulders once the net has rippled a couple of times. He’s then very dangerous and defenders will hate playing against a confident Darwin Nuñez.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2763 on: October 7, 2022, 10:31:50 am »

I patiently await for the Premier League to be renamed the Haaland League also. The love fest from our fans is starting to make me cringe, he is a c*nt playing for a bunch of utter c*nts.

Nunez is going to be better. Maybe.
- all in my opinion of course -

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2764 on: October 7, 2022, 10:44:04 am »
Any similarities between nunez and a young lewandowski?

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2765 on: October 7, 2022, 10:45:49 am »
Put someone like Maddison behind Nunez and he will score goals, problem is we don't have midfielders like De Bruyne in our team. Most Haaland goals were tap ins, he's not a striker that can create chances on his own.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2766 on: October 7, 2022, 10:48:34 am »
Put someone like Maddison behind Nunez and he will score goals, problem is we don't have midfielders like De Bruyne in our team. Most Haaland goals were tap ins, he's not a striker that can create chances on his own.

He had a whole bunch of chances against Rangers without De Bruyne behind him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2767 on: October 7, 2022, 11:17:10 am »
Any similarities between nunez and a young lewandowski?

Darwin is the big lewandowski.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2768 on: October 7, 2022, 11:34:30 am »
Whole bunch of half chances.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #2769 on: October 7, 2022, 11:40:46 am »

'against Rangers' and he was still having to work his bollocks to get those chances. It's undeniable we are in desperate need of more creativity in the side.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2770 on: October 7, 2022, 11:43:17 am »

Why do people keep saying this when Salah is probably a better chance creator than Maddison...

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2771 on: October 7, 2022, 11:43:37 am »
'against Rangers' and he was still having to work his bollocks to get those chances. It's undeniable we are in desperate need of more creativity in the side.

Where do we fit that creativity in?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2772 on: October 7, 2022, 12:20:17 pm »
Where do we fit that creativity in?

Key would be that 10 role if we have the double pivot in CM.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: October 7, 2022, 12:48:51 pm »

Think we lack a Silva type more in midfield if we're talking AD players,high energy athletism and non stop 2-way running harassing opposition buildups and helping defenders,think we'd get the ball to Nunez and the other forwards more often with player of that type in the team.

Obviously as hard to find someone like that as a creative passer with a balanced skillset.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2774 on: October 7, 2022, 12:49:00 pm »

Against a line of 4 midfielders and 5 defenders with us only having worked on the new shape for 1 hour in a single training session.  I don't think that's any sort of sample size that we can draw anything from.

But I do agree it's better to have a more creative playing in the 10 position.  Jota and Bobby are both shadow strikers and I'd much rather see Elliott given a go there.  Salah would probably do a really good job there too but then we lose too much on the right wing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2775 on: October 7, 2022, 03:09:17 pm »
The difference between Nunez and Haaland is KDB.

maybe in the Premier League, it might be the case...

but we can not ignore Halland's numbers for Dortmund, Salzburg, the Champions league.. and Norway NT.

if he Halland stayes healthy, he will break all-time football records.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2776 on: October 7, 2022, 03:18:30 pm »
I hope Klopp start with him on Sunday. It would be confidence crushing for him to go back to the bench.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2777 on: October 7, 2022, 03:27:05 pm »
Wonder if we'll ever get through one page without mentioning the love child of Ian Dowie and Brienne of Tarth.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2778 on: October 7, 2022, 03:27:46 pm »
I hope Klopp start with him on Sunday. It would be confidence crushing for him to go back to the bench.

fair enough that he didn't score against rangers but he created loads of chances so he's trying the poor fella

one minute he looks class the next he can't pass 5 yards - got to give him more playing time
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2779 on: October 7, 2022, 05:09:26 pm »
Wonder if we'll ever get through one page without mentioning the love child of Ian Dowie and Brienne of Tarth.

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2780 on: October 7, 2022, 05:34:19 pm »
I still reckon he's better than Haaland

I mean in a fight Nunez could do a job

I also, on a bad day, if Void Club created tap-ins all game I'd manage one or two here and there

Our setup is not comparable. A striker 9 is new and takes time to bed in. He had his Moment of Madness and now he's back to learning the system

Reckon he will be boss in about eighteen months

I can wait that long.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2781 on: October 7, 2022, 08:28:52 pm »
Klopp on Nunez: "One of the things he's shown in the games he's played is that he gets himself into so many good finishing positions so everyone should be optimistic about what is coming."

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2782 on: October 7, 2022, 08:46:46 pm »
Klopp on Nunez: "One of the things he's shown in the games he's played is that he gets himself into so many good finishing positions so everyone should be optimistic about what is coming."

Exactly, and who would argue with the great man's logic!!  He'll come good, be it later in the season (given games) or next season, I have faith in him.  See I can go a who conversation in this thread without mentioning Haaland.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2783 on: October 7, 2022, 09:06:45 pm »

Can't believe Klopp is comparing him to Haaland.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2022, 10:18:45 pm by newterp »

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2784 on: October 7, 2022, 09:08:07 pm »
Can't believe the is comparing him to Haaland.

I know, Alf Inge was a totally different style of player.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2785 on: October 7, 2022, 11:32:50 pm »
I still reckon he's better than Haaland

I mean in a fight Nunez could do a job

I also, on a bad day, if Void Club created tap-ins all game I'd manage one or two here and there

Our setup is not comparable. A striker 9 is new and takes time to bed in. He had his Moment of Madness and now he's back to learning the system

Reckon he will be boss in about eighteen months

I can wait that long.

I'm all for getting behind our players but stop with the silly talk. Nunez isn't better than Haaland by any stretch of the imagination. Good grief.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2786 on: October 7, 2022, 11:57:53 pm »
Sociologists have remarked upon what they believe is the world's newest religion, Haalandism, which, surprisingly, has developed in the most unlikely of places, a Liverpool FC fan forum, according to Reuters.

"As with many religious systems heirophants spend a lot of time going around upbraiding infidels who dare to blaspheme against the Erlmighty" said one expert, while another remarked that "Even by the standards of some other religious systems, this one is particularly shite, showing as it does a type of forelock tugging lack of backbone towards the Mancssiah that makes even Jehovah's Witnesses point and laugh"

However one scientists admits that he is baffled by the occurance of multiple miracles at the hands of adherents of Haalanism. "Frankly I'm baffled," said the professor of an Ology who preferred to remain anonymous. "These followers of Haalandism clearly have divine powers. Forget water, they can take almost anything and turn it into whine"

The Archbishop of Canterbury was unavailable for comment as he was busy playing alto sax at a blues club in Camden.

« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 12:37:57 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2787 on: October 8, 2022, 12:24:39 am »
Some more from Klopp on Núñez in the embargo section:

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/qjvcE-ggcvw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/qjvcE-ggcvw</a>

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #2788 on: October 8, 2022, 05:32:23 am »
How long do you guys think it will take for Nunez to start converting the chances he gets?. Sounds like he is getting in the right positions and seemingly most shots going on target as well.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2789 on: October 8, 2022, 08:31:07 am »
I'm all for getting behind our players but stop with the silly talk. Nunez isn't better than Haaland by any stretch of the imagination. Good grief.

We really get it, it's been mentioned probably 500-600 times already in here.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2790 on: October 8, 2022, 08:35:34 am »
How long do you guys think it will take for Nunez to start converting the chances he gets?. Sounds like he is getting in the right positions and seemingly most shots going on target as well.

Once he gets confident. Like you say he's getting into the positions which is great. Last season he was clipping one over Ali's head, bending a shot into the corner. Lovely composure, a player who was in full flow, just looked natural, needs to find that again.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2791 on: October 8, 2022, 08:58:20 am »

When he gets a run in the side. He's started 2 games for us and barely lasted one half in the first one.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2792 on: October 8, 2022, 09:13:15 am »
I think he'd benefit greatly from Elliott or Carvalho in the side, but it's difficult to see who they start over in this 4-2-4 formation. I know Klopp is adamant it was a 4-2-3-1, but if that's the case, Jota was far more advanced than you'd expect Elliott to play.

Offline K-B-K

• Main Stander
« Reply #2793 on: October 8, 2022, 02:17:58 pm »
We really get it, it's been mentioned probably 500-600 times already in here.

See, you might get it, and yet there's still posts coming through every once and a while saying things like Haaland is only good cus he plays for City or that KDB is the reason Haaland is "better" than Nunez, so clearly there's quite a few who can't help but compare him to Haaland.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2794 on: October 8, 2022, 02:19:37 pm »
Twats.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2795 on: October 8, 2022, 02:52:36 pm »
See, you might get it, and yet there's still posts coming through every once and a while saying things like Haaland is only good cus he plays for City or that KDB is the reason Haaland is "better" than Nunez, so clearly there's quite a few who can't help but compare him to Haaland.

Three times in one post. Almost as prolific as the man himself.
Not sure why you have to bring Nunez into it.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2796 on: October 8, 2022, 02:59:11 pm »
This really is the worst example of an inferiority complex I can remember within my time in football fandom. Pretty shameful stuff. No dignity or fortitude at all from many here.

Offline K-B-K

• Main Stander
« Reply #2797 on: October 8, 2022, 03:01:59 pm »
I just don't think you understand my point, it's literally that your problem is people bringing him up when I'm literally saying to stop comparing the two all the time? You're basically arguing the same point I am.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2798 on: October 8, 2022, 03:03:45 pm »
I just don't think you understand my point, it's literally that your problem is people bringing him up when I'm literally saying to stop comparing the two all the time? You're basically arguing the same point I am.

Its too late. Our fans have been bantered into submission. Ultimately when Nunez starts scoring and/or we start winning, it may dissipate.

Offline K-B-K

• Main Stander
« Reply #2799 on: October 8, 2022, 03:04:18 pm »
This really is the worst example of an inferiority complex I can remember within my time in football fandom. Pretty shameful stuff. No dignity or fortitude at all from many here.

Extremely overdramatic, pure hyperbole.