FINAL:  child-in-time
8 (19.5%)
PLAY-OFF: Tubby
4 (9.8%)
PLAY-OFF: Vivabobbygraham
16 (39%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 27, 2023, 08:14:33 pm

Author Topic: Sly Sports Premier League draft - GRAND FINAL  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sly Sports Premier League draft - GRAND FINAL
« on: November 26, 2023, 08:14:34 pm »
Welcome to the world of Sly Sports where all football before 1992 does not exist.

This is a Premier League era draft, so please only judge players on their appearances in the Premier League from 1992 to present day. Any form outside of the league or in any other eras is not relevant. Subs were just for fun and not to be seriously counted in the vote -

_____________________________________________________THE GRAND FINAL_______________________________________________________

red1977                                       V                                           child-in-time

Subs: R. Huth, E. Berkovic, M. Viduka                                              Subs: F. Sinclair, Ruben Neves, Yorke

____________________________________________________3RD PLACE PLAY-OFF ________________________________________________________

Tubby                                                   V                                          Vivabobbygraham   

Subs: D. Traore, Ketsbaia, Kanu                                                                       Subs: V. Moses, L. Sane, Titi Camara                                                 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sly Sports Premier League draft - GRAND FINAL
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 08:22:03 pm »
A Bronze medal match? What in the world... ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 08:25:43 pm »
A Bronze medal match? What in the world... ;D

Grudge match  :D

I always do a play-off in the drafts I run anyway.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 08:27:06 pm »
Here I thought you was becoming like Infantino and adding more games.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 10:39:55 pm »
Grudge match  :D

I always do a play-off in the drafts I run anyway.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 09:03:53 am »
I went red, sorry but Skrtel was never elite and is the odd man out in an otherwise excellent contest of two good teams.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 09:15:07 am »
Went for Red, not keen on PL Henry playing as a wide forward, he drifted to the left, sure, but that was in a 442, and I think Red has the better balance in midfield.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 09:19:16 am »
I went red, sorry but Skrtel was never elite and is the odd man out in an otherwise excellent contest of two good teams.
You need to let go of that irrational hatred for Skrtel, that's the second time you single him out. He was, after all, the club's POTY once. Elite maybe not, but good enough to have over 300 games for LFC .
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 09:22:17 am by child-in-time »
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 01:55:45 pm »
You need to let go of that irrational hatred for Skrtel, that's the second time you single him out. He was, after all, the club's POTY once. Elite maybe not, but good enough to have over 300 games for LFC .

Hatred? Come on, just don't think he's in the same class as the rest of the players on display. 300 games during some of our darkest days :D

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 02:10:33 pm »
Hatred? Come on, just don't think he's in the same class as the rest of the players on display. 300 games during some of our darkest days :D
Nevertheless its 300 games. Rafa and Kenny thought he was good enough. If we are objective, his weaknesses were exposed and exarcabated by the high defensive line under Rodgers as he was slow and struggled to recover against quick opponents.

However, in this case neither RvN, nor Di Canio were known for their pace and Skrtel never backed down in a physical battle against anyone. I think he can handle them just fine. :)

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 02:46:22 pm »
Nevertheless its 300 games. Rafa and Kenny thought he was good enough. If we are objective, his weaknesses were exposed and exarcabated by the high defensive line under Rodgers as he was slow and struggled to recover against quick opponents.

However, in this case neither RvN, nor Di Canio were known for their pace and Skrtel never backed down in a physical battle against anyone. I think he can handle them just fine. :)

He was also about on par with Mellberg. Often the flaws of our own are magnified just because we watched them week in week out. He was a fine and solid CB, just as Mellberg was. Neither were elite level like their CB partners, but both had good PL careers.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2023, 06:27:23 pm »
Is it close, do i need to vote?  :D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2023, 06:45:41 pm »
Is it close, do i need to vote?  :D

Yes.  For me.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2023, 07:30:20 pm »
I've been informed you;re getting battered fatso.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 07:33:43 pm »
I've been informed you;re getting battered fatso.  ;D

He likes his 3rd place play offs like he likes his Mars Bars. Battered.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2023, 08:36:11 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS RED1977!  :champ :champ :champ

Is that your first draft win? If so, Samie will welcome you to the great draft hall of champions.

Unlucky, child-in-time. Almost one of the great draft returns. Excellent drafting there, mate. Hope you'll stick around. Bobby also flattens Tubby to come in third. Another great side there. All would have been worthy winners.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2023, 08:41:07 pm »
Congrats Red.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2023, 08:42:54 pm »
Cheers Betty, thanks for running a good draft. Yep, first win!! in the middle of a cheating scandal  :o

Made up with that though as I came rock bottom in the last one.

Well played Child In Time, thought you were going to win that, really strong side. Cheers everyone  :)

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2023, 08:44:15 pm »
Yeah, well-deserved, red1977.

Unlucky, child-in-time. Almost one of the great draft returns. Excellent drafting there, mate. Hope you'll stick around.
Now that I have come so close to winning, I can't just quit, can I? :D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2023, 08:45:57 pm »
Always good to lose to the winner. Cements my opinion that I had the second best side in the Draft!

Congrats Red, unlucky Child, but a very good team you had too.

Tubby - set Cahill on Bobby.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2023, 08:46:45 pm »
Welcome to the RAWK Draft Hall Of Fame mate. We welcome you into our bosoms with open arms and a seat at the top table.  If you see the gimp outside the doors begging to be let in that's Trend.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2023, 08:46:54 pm »
Think red1977 and Vivabobbygraham are the right winners.

child-in-time has a great team but feel like he would have been better off starting Henry and Tevez upfront in a diamond with Fabregas as no 10 and a proper energetic box-to-box midfielder like Essien in that midfield.

Tubby needed someone like a Gerrard or Lamapard or in that midfield instead of Cahill.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2023, 08:47:51 pm »
Yeah, well-deserved, red1977.
Now that I have come so close to winning, I can't just quit, can I? :D

You've won a draft mate. I ain't having that.  ???

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2023, 08:48:36 pm »
Welcome to the RAWK Draft Hall Of Fame mate. We welcome you into our bosoms with open arms and a seat at the top table.  If you see the gimp outside the doors begging to be let in that's Trend.

;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2023, 08:48:51 pm »
Good draft, Betts.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2023, 08:50:53 pm »
Hello Saint mate.  :wave

We had a draft controversy in voting revealed and it doesn't include you or the wives.  ;D

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2023, 08:52:33 pm »
Hello Saint mate.  :wave

We had a draft controversy in voting revealed and it doesn't include you or the wives.  ;D

Yo Samie. Wassup!

What controversy? ;D
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2023, 08:53:16 pm »
You've won a draft mate. I ain't having that.  ???
Not yet, Samie, not yet. Next draft is my draft. :D

child-in-time has a great team but feel like he would have been better off starting Henry and Tevez upfront in a diamond with Fabregas as no 10 and a proper energetic box-to-box midfielder like Essien in that midfield.

Yeah, my initial thought was to pair Henry and Hasselbaink up front, Fabregas behind as a 10, but all the viable options in midfield were already picked, so I went for Tevez forming an attacking trident, My side had kinda the gung-ho approach. :D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2023, 08:56:06 pm »
Welcome to the RAWK Draft Hall Of Fame mate. We welcome you into our bosoms with open arms and a seat at the top table.  If you see the gimp outside the doors begging to be let in that's Trend Draex

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2023, 08:56:30 pm »
Yo Samie. Wassup!

What controversy? ;D

You know that clown Trend who was drafting with us for a few years? Turns out he was begging for votes through PM's.  ;D

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2023, 08:57:41 pm »
You know that clown Trend who was drafting with us for a few years? Turns out he was begging for votes through PM's.  ;D

Trendisanthony or something, right?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2023, 08:58:19 pm »
Not yet, Samie, not yet. Next draft is my draft. :D

Fuckin' Hell! How the fuck did that happen?  With the amount of footie drafts we've done you should be a multiple winner. 

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2023, 08:59:33 pm »
Well done red 1977 :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2023, 08:59:47 pm »
Trendisanthony or something, right?

That's the clown.  ;D

His records have been wiped. We are taking a HARD LINE approach.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2023, 09:00:28 pm »
Fuckin' Hell! How the fuck did that happen?  With the amount of footie drafts we've done you should be a multiple winner. 
I went AWOL for a couple of years :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2023, 09:02:40 pm »
I went AWOL for a couple of years :D
I know mate but you were here during the Golden Age of Drafting.  I was sure you picked up a few wins.  :D

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2023, 09:05:15 pm »
Well played red, wasn’t a weak team in it.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2023, 09:07:02 pm »
That's the clown.  ;D

His records have been wiped. We are taking a HARD LINE approach.

All zero wins have been wiped, yes  :D

Although I was honestly considering offering re-runs of the three finals he reached. One Bobby should have been in, another Lobo, and the last was a multi-team match so fuck knows who should have gone through.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2023, 09:08:46 pm »
All zero wins have been wiped, yes  :D

Although I was honestly considering offering re-runs of the three finals he reached. One Bobby should have been in, another Lobo, and the last was a multi-team match so fuck knows who should have gone through.

I think all those wins have been time barred now?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2023, 09:09:59 pm »
I say we should mate. Drag them up and let's win it for Bobby, Lobo and whoever else.