Author Topic: The 'Football was invented in 1992' Sly Sports Premier League draft - discussion  (Read 17064 times)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Essien is one of those players I always think I'm gonna be able to pick, but never do.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Essien is one of those players I always think I'm gonna be able to pick, but never do.

Thuram is that player for me. Every time I plan to pick him, he is picked immediately before my turn.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
About to make the commute home from work so I’ll submit in a little bit when I get home. Chakan and I are stateside so both of us should be able to submit picks tonight.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
About to make the commute home from work so I’ll submit in a little bit when I get home. Chakan and I are stateside so both of us should be able to submit picks tonight.

Just having dinner and giving the puppy her birthday cake, so will be here.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Commute home, puppy birthday cake, you people aren't serious here.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Jealousy makes you ugly Samie.

You don't give your dog a treat on it's birthday? For shame.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 11:29:35 pm by Chakan »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Thuram is that player for me. Every time I plan to pick him, he is picked immediately before my turn.
Oh yeah, Thuram was one for me too for a while but I finally got to pick him in a couple of drafts, so that itch was finally scratched.  ;D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Yeah, but you were talking about omega mutants a couple of days ago. So you can't really judge, can you? ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jealousy makes you ugly Samie.

You don't give your dog a treat on it's birthday? For shame.

I don't have a dog mate.  ;D

I had a parrot when I was a kid though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, but you were talking about omega mutants a couple of days ago. So you can't really judge, can you? ;D

I was talking about Unicron you ignoramus.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't have a dog mate.  ;D

I had a parrot when I was a kid though.

Funny enough I never wanted the dog when I got married, but the wife was adamant, so picked up a small yorkie, they do have a way of getting to into the heart and being part of the family.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Next draft is going to be footy-omega mutant crossover where they all play a game of football together with all powers allowed.

Then we'll do the reverse and pick a bunch of footballers to have a fight to the death.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

What's your transfer rumor research company's WFH policy? And are y'all hiring?
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mac Red is the boss, get in touch with the Tsar of Transfers mate.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I'm gonna be busy today so you can just miss me out and I'll pick when I can.

But I have my next pick ready if Mikey doesn't take it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
O Mikey, Silva? The rat Silva.. Is your team name going to be Sted Petro Allstar 11? :D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
O Mikey, Silva? The rat Silva.. Is your team name going to be Sted Petro Allstar 11? :D

He’s one of the players I most despise in the league, but he is also brilliant.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
How are people feeling about the two hour deadlnes? Too slow? Moving into round 4 we can switch to one hour if people prefer. Happy to keep it as is as well though.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Fine with 2 hours, it's moving at a decent pace and we've got internationals to get through.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
I’ve gone as Hazell said they’d be busy so skip them.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Did I step onto the wrong forum and end up on Bluemoon?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did I step onto the wrong forum and end up on Bluemoon?

Mikey needs a CT which says "peds little bro"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Heheheh

*snigger.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Haha, didn’t start off as my plan but after the first two I just thought it was funny to keep going for the reaction.

Plus, they are probably the best team in Premier League history, because their cheating allows them to buy incredible players.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Rooney doesn't even seem that unpopular a pick after what I've just witnessed.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Rooney is a first pick on a non-lfc forum.

Not on here though, losing votes with that one :-X
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Rooney doesn't even seem that unpopular a pick after what I've just witnessed.

Haha, he’s a great pick. On other less enlightened forums he may even have been one of the first picks.

But to us, he’s just a blue shite manc with an eating problem and a proclivity for older women.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Rooney is a great pick, was waiting to see when he went.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rooney is a first pick on a non-lfc forum.

Not on here though, losing votes with that one :-X

I have Cristiano Ronaldo, i'm not worried about losing votes.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Never Mind the Horlocks.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Never Mind the Horlocks.

:D

I've been proper fucked this last round.

Rodri, Sanchez, Matip I was hoping would last longer.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
:D

I've been proper fucked this last round.

Rodri, Sanchez, Matip I was hoping would last longer.

Rodri was my back-up DM who surely no-one would pick because he's so unlikeable.

There are only a handful left now who aren't mostly shite.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Rodri was my back-up DM who surely no-one would pick because he's so unlikeable.

There are only a handful left now who aren't mostly shite.

I have no plan again. Just going to go from pick to pick and do it on a whim. Which probably means a bunch of mid 90s hipsters. Basically Jim Smith’s Derby.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I have no plan again. Just going to go from pick to pick and do it on a whim. Which probably means a bunch of mid 90s hipsters. Basically Jim Smith’s Derby.

Best way to draft.  I've tried the spreadsheet and research approach but it's more fun to wing it.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

I'm waiting for my 90s hipsters. It's all been a bit of a red/blue manc fest so far.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
I'm waiting for my 90s hipsters. It's all been a bit of a red/blue manc fest so far.

It’s the main issue with with premier league, it’s been won about 25 out of the 30 times by completely detestable sides, either because of their owners, their manager, their style of play, their cheating or all of them.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice pick LRS. Alexis Sanchez gets forgotten about probably because of the Manc switch but in his time at Arsenal he was as good as anything in the league. 166 games / 80 goals / 45 assists.

Not that ive been eying him up in this draft or anything......

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Alexis is a crackling pick.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Betty, the selections are up to date yeah?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
It’s the main issue with with premier league, it’s been won about 25 out of the 30 times by completely detestable sides, either because of their owners, their manager, their style of play, their cheating or all of them.

True. I think my brain was just harking back to the early RAWK Premier League drafts circa 2010-13 before City were in the equation. The range of picks was extremely diverse with a lot more 'fun' players being picked from smaller sides.

Maybe a Premier League draft where you can't pick any players from title winners would be fun. In hidsight, 11 from 11 with clubs might have been good. Although we did that not so long ago, so didn't want to repeat.