Author Topic: Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich  (Read 193780 times)

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich
« Reply #2120 on: May 13, 2016, 03:29:31 pm »
Yeah, I guess so. But was Kroos in his last year of contract, too? I cannot remember Bayern selling well.

It's just weird that they spend 35m+45m add-on for an unproven teenager but are selling a young world cup winner for 20-25m euros. World has gone mad.
Kroos was on last year on his contract .

Bayern also have the tendency to let unhappy/unwanted players go on cheap to  keep the squad settled rather than  shaking any club down for more money.

The Mario Gomez transfer was an example ; he was coming off a record-setting season, scoring-wise, cost Bayern 35m when he came, yet was sold for 17m to Fiorentina because he wanted to go there.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2121 on: May 13, 2016, 04:08:37 pm »
Kroos was on last year on his contract .

Bayern also have the tendency to let unhappy/unwanted players go on cheap to  keep the squad settled rather than  shaking any club down for more money.

The Mario Gomez transfer was an example ; he was coming off a record-setting season, scoring-wise, cost Bayern 35m when he came, yet was sold for 17m to Fiorentina because he wanted to go there.

They also sold Mandzukic for fairly cheap. Yeah, Mandzukic is nothing special, but it was on the back of a hugely successful Bayern career he had, with treble and stuff.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2122 on: May 13, 2016, 04:19:49 pm »
In fairness they also seem to be quite good at letting players go at the right time, no? Mandzukic never replicated that form again, Kroos went off the boil, Schweinsteiger has declined, Gomez flopped although is doing great at Beşiktaş
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2123 on: May 13, 2016, 05:33:48 pm »
In fairness they also seem to be quite good at letting players go at the right time, no? Mandzukic never replicated that form again, Kroos went off the boil, Schweinsteiger has declined, Gomez flopped although is doing great at Beşiktaş
I guess you could say that, but other clubs get more money even on some mediocre players. I still cannot believe how much Chelsea got for the likes of Ramires and David Luiz. Even Real Madrid are not bad at selling.

At least Bayern are good at signing players for reasonable prices. Generally that is. Because their latest signing is really difficult to understand.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2124 on: May 13, 2016, 05:59:13 pm »
I tend to just put a lot if it down to Jorge Mendes.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #2125 on: May 13, 2016, 06:22:40 pm »
He was absolutely exceptional in that CL run for Dortmund back in 12/13 season, and that season in general. The matches against Real Madrid were he was moving lateral between the lines was just amazing. In my eyes, one of the most undervalued players in Bayern in recent years and if he went to Liverpool, that would be the signing of the season. No doubt about that.

He was amazing at Dortmund, but you may recall he didn't play in the CL final that year.

He had an injury, and sadly he was never able to replicate his Dortmund form ever since.

Injury or Pep's regime, jury is still out.   

Worth a punt at that price, mind you.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #2126 on: May 13, 2016, 06:31:10 pm »
Yeah, I guess so. But was Kroos in his last year of contract, too? I cannot remember Bayern selling well.

It's just weird that they spend 35m+45m add-on for an unproven teenager but are selling a young world cup winner for 20-25m euros. World has gone mad.

Renato Sanches is a great talent, and some say ManUtd were close to securing his signature so Bayern had to move fast.

When you look at the breakdown it's not that bad:
An initial transfer fee of €35M as well as €45M in performance-based incentives over the next five years
€5M per season should Sanches accrue 25 appearances
€20M in incentives for FIFA Ballon d'Or nominations (the final three and not the shortlist) and FIFA World Best 11 nominations
A €1.5M net annual salary (~€3M gross in Germany with the tax rate)

So basically, €3M in wages and €7M in fee amortization over 5 years = €10M per annum
+€5M if he reaches 25 appearances (i.e. becomes a first team player) = €15M per annum
+ €4M per annum if he becomes Messi and Ronaldo incarnate = €19M per annum

So at the end of this, if Renato Sanches becomes a truly unstoppable player in the mold of Vidal at his peak, then his total hit each year is likely €19M. That's in line with what Arturo Vidal himself costs. I think we can all live with that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:40:50 pm by ElCapo »

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2127 on: May 13, 2016, 06:42:27 pm »
Regarding the price, if true, this tells me that Bayern also are terrible when it comes to selling players. Just like Barcelona. Bayern and Barca have sold the likes of Cesc, Alexis and Kroos for fairly low price. Compare this to the prices of the likes of David Luiz, Cuadrado etc. who are far worse players yet cost more than what Bayern and Barca got.

20m euros for Gotze in today's market would be hilariously low.

20m euros or pounds?

anyway..SHHHH dont let anyone from bayern see this thread.They probably bump up his price after every post.

Maybe they can throw in Neuer at 15m as well. How did I get that figure? Just pulling out of my ass like most of the twitter/Journalism crowd. ;D

I remember him scoring in the world cup. But dont know anything else about him. But hey if Klopp trusts him then who am i to question!

Enough about gotze. Anyone knows how good are the bayern back room staff we have poached. A conditioning coach and a nutritionist if im correct.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: May 14, 2016, 02:33:42 pm »
I always did like Franz.  ;D

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-news-transfer-rumours-11325031

Franz Beckenbauer speaking to Sky before the game says that if he were Mario Gφtze he would consider following Jόrgen Klopp.

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #2129 on: May 14, 2016, 07:13:30 pm »
Renato Sanches is a great talent, and some say ManUtd were close to securing his signature so Bayern had to move fast.

When you look at the breakdown it's not that bad:
An initial transfer fee of €35M as well as €45M in performance-based incentives over the next five years
€5M per season should Sanches accrue 25 appearances
€20M in incentives for FIFA Ballon d'Or nominations (the final three and not the shortlist) and FIFA World Best 11 nominations
A €1.5M net annual salary (~€3M gross in Germany with the tax rate)

So basically, €3M in wages and €7M in fee amortization over 5 years = €10M per annum
+€5M if he reaches 25 appearances (i.e. becomes a first team player) = €15M per annum
+ €4M per annum if he becomes Messi and Ronaldo incarnate = €19M per annum

So at the end of this, if Renato Sanches becomes a truly unstoppable player in the mold of Vidal at his peak, then his total hit each year is likely €19M. That's in line with what Arturo Vidal himself costs. I think we can all live with that.

I'm sorry but are you saying Vidal at his peak is on the same level as Messi and Ronaldo?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: May 14, 2016, 07:51:00 pm »
Nice brace from Gotze today

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: May 14, 2016, 08:48:12 pm »
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: May 14, 2016, 09:32:49 pm »
That Bayern kit is fucking class.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #2134 on: May 15, 2016, 09:18:58 am »
Oooooo i love the way he hits that ball for his 2nd goal.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: May 15, 2016, 09:41:07 am »
But where will he play?  ;D
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2136 on: May 15, 2016, 10:12:07 am »
But where will he play?  ;D

Liverpool mate! You have to keep up more :P

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2137 on: May 15, 2016, 10:47:16 am »
Liverpool mate! You have to keep up more :P
That was more aimed towards the people who said we don't need him. That's the sort of mentality that's seen us go 26 years without a title.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: May 17, 2016, 10:34:57 am »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2140 on: May 17, 2016, 11:14:17 am »
Hmmm, not sure I want Gotze here after watching that performance

Looks like Ribery is trying to row his imaginary boat.