Author Topic: Name 6 of the current squad that will still be here in 5 years(5 years on again)  (Read 25161 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
You’d hope 1 or 2 of Quansah, Elliott and Bradley have a chance of still being at club in 5 years time. Selecting any of the other young players (Bajcetic, Clark, Danns, Doak etc) to be here in 5 years would be a massive punt of a guess. The likelihood at this point is that if 1 of them is here in 5 years then it’ll be a result.

From 2019/20, there about 11 players who are still part of the squad currently (including 3 GKs). That feels like the absolute maximum you’d expect to see over a 5 year period. City and Arsenal have about 7 or 8 players from 2019/20 still in their current squads - though a number of those players aren’t key players (e.g. Elneny).

I think the smart choices would be Trent, MacAllister, Elliott, Jones and Bradley/Quansah but I’ve have literally no confidence in that prediction.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I'd go with Bradley, Harvey and Jones.
Can't see any of the others being here in five years.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Missed 2019/20

Comparing against the end of the 14/15 season, the first team players who made it to the end of 19/20 were Henderson, Lallana and Lovren - with only Henderson still there by the start of the 20/21 season.
Origi and Ojo both technically made it the 5 years - neither had actually played for LFC by the end of 14/15, but they were mentioned in this thread.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Bradley.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
In the immediate term I think the starters for next season are:

Becker (I hope)
Trent
Mcallister
Diaz
Jota

I don't think any other place is certain. Obviously Jota's injury records is a concern though.

Got to think Salah will move on so we need to replace him, buy a reliable back up for Jota and we still probably need another forward unless you're assuming Gakpo and Nunez step up their game consistently.

Midfield is a big worry for me.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Quansah
Bradley
Danns
Elliott
McConnell
Koumas
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
It’s a tough one to answer given the age of our established players, and the question marks about some of the others.

Stalwarts like Alisson, Virg, Robbo and Salah will definitely be gone. Kelleher probably will unless Alisson leaves sooner rather than later which we don’t want. Gomez could potentially still be here then. Maybe he’ll never leave!

5 years is a long time. You couldn’t say with certainty that our South American crew will be here in half a decade’s time. Endo with his age profile won’t be.

Trent currently has a question mark but assuming he signs a new deal I think he would be. If I had to guess 5 I’d go for:

Trent
Jones
Elliott
Bradley (might be dependent on Trent changing position, if not team)
Quansah

Some of them may leave if they don’t kick on and improve as we’d hope. But they’re the one who feel most likely to want to stick around.

It’s a pretty tough question though.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Adrian
Quansah
Bradley
Elliott
Danns
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’ll go with …

Mac
Gakpo
Trent
Kelleher
Qansah
Bradley

What finds the last 2 lads have been this season. The development of youth has been one of the highlights this season. I really think when the dust settles this season, there will be a lot positives and silver linings to take.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
Looking back through the thread since 2005, the accuracy of most of the guesses is terrible.

Consistent errors are:
1. Choosing the star youngsters of the moment, most of whom had probably played a handful of games at that point and then disappeared into obscurity.
2. Choosing the star players in the vain hope that their heads won't be turned by Madrid, Barca, oil clubs etc. (take a wild guess at how that usually turned out).
3. Choosing the current manager's favourites, which obviously falls over as soon as the manager is moved on.

The only ones that I see have really been guessed correctly by a significant number of people have been the real stalwarts like Carragher, Gerrard (although interesting how many expected him to jump ship to Chelsea) and Henderson, with fewer but still a reasonable number guessing Lucas and Origi.

Based on that, from the current squad it's a real challenge to guess 6 players. My wild guess, ignoring most of my own advice, is:
Trent
Jones
Elliott
Quansah
Bradley
Bajcetic
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Becker
TAA
Gomez
Szlob
Macca
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
I forgot to include Thiago, who will definitely undergo an experimental procedure to provide him with a titanium exoskeleton and stem cell injections to keep him going until 2030.

Online tunred

• Main Stander
  • ici c'est liverpool
Bradley, Elliot, Grav, Bajcetic, Jota

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Adrian
Quansah
Bradley
Elliott
Danns

:lmao

Probably right too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
I would hope these 4 would still be here.

Quansah
Bradley
Elliott
Trent

I think Jones too.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Quansah
Elliott
Danns
Clark
Bajcetic
Bradley

I will sell Trent now.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
In 5 years:
Alisson
Konaté
van Dijk
Gomez
Quansah
Robertson
Tsimikas
Trent
Bradley
Bajcetic
Szoboszlai
Mac Allister
Jones
Gravenberch
Clark
Diaz
Elliott
Gakpo
Jota
Doak
Nunez

In 10 years:
Kelleher
Quansah
Trent
Bradley
Bajcetic
Szoboszlai
Jones
Gravenberch
Clark
Elliott
Doak
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:06:50 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
In 5 years:
Alisson
Konaté
van Dijk
Gomez
Quansah
Robertson
Tsimikas
Trent
Bradley
Bajcetic
Szoboszlai
Mac Allister
Jones
Gravenberch
Clark
Diaz
Elliott
Gakpo
Jota
Doak
Nunez

In 10 years:
Kelleher
Quansah
Trent
Bradley
Bajcetic
Szoboszlai
Jones
Gravenberch
Clark
Elliott
Doak

Interesting that you expect Kelleher to leave and then come back

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Interesting that you expect Kelleher to leave and then come back

Thought it would be an interesting career path, and a good 3rd choice for us in his late career given his home grown status, I believe.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
in five years most of these will still be here although some of them will be moving on near the end of those five years.
Alisson
Gomez
Quansah
Trent
Bradley
Bajcetic
Szoboszlai
Mac Allister
Jones
Gravenberch
Elliott
Gakpo
Carvalho
Nunez
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
in five years most of these will still be here although some of them will be moving on near the end of those five years.
Alisson
Gomez
Quansah
Trent
Bradley
Bajcetic
Szoboszlai
Mac Allister
Jones
Gravenberch
Elliott
Gakpo
Carvalho
Nunez

No chance all or even most of them are still here in 5 years. Look back through the thread, there's unlikely to be more than 5 still here, especially with a change of manager in the meantime.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Adrian
Nat Phillips
Rhys Williams
Van Den Berg
Morton

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
No chance all or even most of them are still here in 5 years. Look back through the thread, there's unlikely to be more than 5 still here, especially with a change of manager in the meantime.

Difference is that in the past we’ve often been in terrible positions and had older squad. Rarely have we been in such a good position to keep a squad together for a long time and compete. We only need one or two choice signings per season for the next several years.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Quansah
Trent
Bradley
Mac Allister
Elliott

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
Quansah
Mac
Bradley
Jones
Elliott
Szobo

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
Difference is that in the past we’ve often been in terrible positions and had older squad. Rarely have we been in such a good position to keep a squad together for a long time and compete. We only need one or two choice signings per season for the next several years.

There are only about 8 players still here from 5 years ago and that was one of the strongest teams we've ever had, with the same manager.

I'm now wondering if your post above where you named the whole squad except Thiago was serious. I assumed it was a piss take.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:54:18 pm by Party Phil »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
There are only about 8 players still here from 5 years ago and that was one of the strongest teams we've ever had, with the same manager.

I'm now wondering if your post above where you named the whole squad except Thiago was serious. I assumed it was a piss take.

It was older though. We had the inherited squad plus a policy of buying 24 years olds upwards whereas all our purchases now are younger, a youth academy is better and our older players are better, that will lead to a squad being together for longer.

My post is more to say, all the players in that list are broadly young enough and good enough to still be here after those periods.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
Quansah, Jones, Elliott, MacAllister, Gomez, Szoboszlai