Author Topic: House M.D. (Season 8) PLEASE USE SPOILERS  (Read 9107 times)

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Re: House M.D. (Season 8) PLEASE USE SPOILERS
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2012, 11:01:19 pm »
strange factoid, just been rewatching season 7 and noticed that the address they have for House's apartment is 221b Baker Street.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2012, 11:08:40 pm »
strange factoid, just been rewatching season 7 and noticed that the address they have for House's apartment is 221b Baker Street.

Yes, I've read somewhere ages back that it's a reference to the inspiration for Holmes, a real life Doctor, this guy...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Bell.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2012, 11:23:42 pm »
Will 13 ever return? We miss you.
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2012, 11:25:31 pm »

There are loads of nods, like the fact he's a drug addict, and the Christmas present from 'Irene Adler'.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2012, 09:40:29 pm »
Next episode is on 23rd January. So probably on Sky week after I would imagine?

Long wait is finally over.  Hopefully we get a good run of episodes this time before it goes on another break.  Watching Sherlock has really got me in the mood for some more House.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2012, 04:45:35 am »
Clear! Lol

When Wilson explains there'll be behavioral changes,  I love the wy the wife said well cope ( in a silent cheer voice)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:01:57 am by Magic8Ball »
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 7, 2012, 06:33:04 pm »
Spoiler
Honestly good episode, but dumb ending. No way would he let him off. Imagine if something happened after that and that investigation was reported on, it would ruin that doctors life for letting him practice still.
[close]
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 7, 2012, 06:34:26 pm »
When's it back on in UK?

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #88 on: February 8, 2012, 04:00:32 am »
Spoiler
Honestly good episode, but dumb ending. No way would he let him off. Imagine if something happened after that and that investigation was reported on, it would ruin that doctors life for letting him practice still.
[close]
I agree with you

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #89 on: February 8, 2012, 11:34:53 pm »
It all ends after this series. :(

Announcement from HOUSE Executive Producers David Shore, Katie Jacobs and Hugh Laurie
by House on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 11:32pm ·
Announcement from HOUSE Executive Producers David Shore, Katie Jacobs and Hugh Laurie, as well as a statement from Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

After much deliberation, the producers of House M.D. have decided that this season of the show, the 8th, should be the last.  By April this year they will have completed 177 episodes, which is about 175 more than anyone expected back in 2004.

The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years - but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved.

Since it began, House has aspired to offer a coherent and satisfying world in which everlasting human questions of ethics and emotion, logic and truth, could be examined, played out, and occasionally answered.  This sounds like fancy talk, but it really isn’t.  House has, in its time, intrigued audiences around the world in vast numbers, and has shown that there is a strong appetite for television drama that relies on more than prettiness or gun play.

But now that time is drawing to a close.  The producers have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature;  he should never be the last one to leave the party.  How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air.

The producers can never sufficiently express their gratitude to the hundreds of dedicated artists and technicians who have given so generously of their energy and talent to make House the show it has been - and perhaps will continue to be for some time, on one cable network or another.

The makers of House would also like to thank Fox Broadcasting and Universal Television for supporting the show with patience, imagination and large quantities of good taste.  The Studio-As-Evil-Adversary is one of the many clichés that House has managed to avoid, and for that the cast and crew are deeply grateful.

Lastly, the audience: some have come and some have gone, obviously. This is to be expected in the life of any show. But over the course of the last eight years, the producers of House have felt immensely honored to be the subject of such close attention by an intelligent, discriminating, humane and thoughtful - not to mention numerous - audience. Even the show's detractors have been flattering in their way. Making the show has felt like a lively and passionate discussion about as many different subjects as could possibly be raised in 177 hours. The devotion and generosity of our viewers has been marvelous to behold.

So, finally, everyone at House will bid farewell to the audience and to each other with more than a few tears, but also with a deep feeling of gratitude for the grand adventure they have been privileged to enjoy for the last eight years.  If the show lives on somewhere, with somebody, as a fond memory, then that is a precious feat, of which we will always be proud.

Everybody Lies.

STATEMENT FROM KEVIN REILLY, PRESIDENT, ENTERTAINMENT, FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY:
While it’s with much regret, and a lump in our throats, we respect the decision Hugh, David and Katie have made.  A true original, on the page and amazingly brought to life by Hugh Laurie, there is only one Dr. House.  For eight seasons, the entire HOUSE team has given us – and fans around the world – some of the most compelling characters and affecting stories ever seen on television.  They have been creatively tenacious and collaborative throughout this incredible run, and they are amongst the most superior talents in the business.  For all the above, we wholeheartedly thank them, and the fans who have supported the show.
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #90 on: February 9, 2012, 10:22:47 am »
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
In real life House would not exist in the first place. Imagine the insurance liability!
[close]

So sad it will end. But I guess it's better to end on a high note. Hope they make some great episodes this season.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #91 on: February 9, 2012, 11:22:30 am »
Fox have been screwing them over this season. But at the same time they are coming to the end of the run. It got away from the patients and more on the team. The patient became more of a side issue and you can see the writers are running out of ideas for illnesses.

It has been an amazing tv show and im so happy for Hugh Laurie to be taken seriously. It's time for him to be given serious roles over here.

There are still so many story arcs that never got explored. Wilsons brother, 13's huntingdons, Kutners suicide, Cuddy etc.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2012, 10:02:48 pm »
That last episode was pretty good. I like Chase for some reason.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2012, 10:33:58 pm »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #94 on: March 3, 2012, 10:40:41 am »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #95 on: March 3, 2012, 06:41:35 pm »

Really cannot think of a single...thing...to....say...

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #96 on: March 3, 2012, 07:29:33 pm »

whoa they're more ample than I thought :)

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 4, 2012, 10:53:33 am »

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #98 on: April 7, 2012, 02:26:35 am »
Worst episode of the series that last one....  Felt like utterly boring filler.  Only upside is coming here and remembering that gif

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2012, 08:19:02 pm »
House writers meeting

Ok. We've got 4 episodes left to write. We cant bring back Cuddy or Cameron. Olivia Wilde is doing the Hollywood thing and probably wont be back for very long. Everyone else's back story is either too boring or pretty much tied up and we dont want to go down the same old 'vicodin addiction/withdrawal' stuff again.

What do we do?

errrm errrmm

Spoiler
Lets give Wilson cancer?
[close]

Yes! Of course. Its ironic and sad at the same time. We can even call the last episode Everybody Dies. You know just like the pilot Everybody Lies.

*sigh*

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2012, 08:38:45 pm »
Been an appalling season so far. Hopes of a second wind to end the show in style is fading fast....

Offline INABITSKI

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2012, 08:39:23 pm »
Agreed. It's been gash.

Offline AisoD

• Anny Roader
  • On my best behaviour. Honest.
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2012, 01:30:31 am »
House writers meeting

Ok. We've got 4 episodes left to write. We cant bring back Cuddy or Cameron. Olivia Wilde is doing the Hollywood thing and probably wont be back for very long. Everyone else's back story is either too boring or pretty much tied up and we dont want to go down the same old 'vicodin addiction/withdrawal' stuff again.

What do we do?

errrm errrmm

Spoiler
Lets give Wilson cancer?
[close]

Yes! Of course. Its ironic and sad at the same time. We can even call the last episode Everybody Dies. You know just like the pilot Everybody Lies.

*sigh*

Didn't see that particular end coming. Can't say i'm happy with it.

P.S. How do you work the spoiler tag?

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2012, 11:46:41 am »
Don't know why everyone's hating on this season, House was never a super high brow show anyway, it's just like a medical soap opera but with added wit. I think this season has been quite fun and also developed some of the characters quite well personally.
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2012, 11:55:39 am »
Don't know why everyone's hating on this season, House was never a super high brow show anyway, it's just like a medical soap opera but with added wit. I think this season has been quite fun and also developed some of the characters quite well personally.

Same, I enjoy house as I always have. Some people do love to over-analyse particularly when shows are reaching their conclusion.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2012, 12:01:26 pm »
While I agree that it doesn't have to be high brow stuff I do also agree that the Wilson stuff at the end of the last episode was cheap and that this season hasn't been their best effort. The best part of it was the Chase related storyline. The episode that focused on him was this season's best effort.

I hope they can somehow tie it together at the end but one does get the feeling that they never really knew how. The end of the series was announced well after this season had started and I think the writers needed more time to tie things together than just these remaining episodes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2012, 12:11:15 pm »
Same, I enjoy house as I always have. Some people do love to over-analyse particularly when shows are reaching their conclusion.

I've enjoyed this season n all. It certainly hasn't been appalling as stated in this thread. Like the episodes around Chase for example it was really well done. It's a shame its finishing to be honest.

Offline INABITSKI

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2012, 01:33:28 pm »

I miss Cuddy/13 and I will cry if I want to.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2012, 03:53:23 pm »
I miss Cuddy/13 and I will cry if I want to.

what if you get one out of the two?  I wished they would do the lez scene with them two but that a whole different kind of episode...

Spoiler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody_Dies_(House)

It was announced that David Shore would direct and co-write the final episode of the show and also that Olivia Wilde would return as Thirteen for the penultimate episode and the series finale.Confirmed sources have also stated that Lisa Edelstein and Jennifer Morrison would not be returning for the series finale. Kal Penn is in talks to return as Dr. Kutner. Amber Tamblyn has also been confirmed to reprise her role as Martha Masters for the finale.
[close]
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline INABITSKI

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2012, 04:13:01 pm »
what if you get one out of the two?  I wished they would do the lez scene with them two but that a whole different kind of episode...

Then that will do for me.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2012, 02:36:16 am »
Spoiler
Well that was incredibly hard to watch :'(
[close]
:D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2012, 09:36:03 am »
Spoiler
Well that was incredibly hard to watch :'(
[close]

Its going to be one fucking depressing finale. Though nice to see 13 back  :lickin

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2012, 11:43:30 am »
Kutner (dream?), Masters and Cameron all back in the series finale. "Everybody Dies" the episode is titled - doesn't sound good.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2012, 01:17:51 pm »
*phew* Finally caught up with my watching so I can post in here without anything being ruined.

Ive enjoyed the series to be honest, its not the best but I dont think its as bad as some think, after 7 seasons its hard for it to stay fresh. There have been twists and great episodes bundled in and I cant wait for the final episode, will be tough.

Also, because It cant be quoted enough....

Wow Yiannis...just...wow.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2012, 10:22:32 pm »
So today we're saying goodbye to one of the biggest but at the same time enjoyable and genius jerks ever seen on a series.Can't wait to see how it will end and don't even think about spoiling anything here!
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Would love to get some of that Cock money
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2012, 06:52:40 am »
Gonna miss this show a whole hell of a lot

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2012, 07:49:35 am »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2012, 07:53:58 am »
I really hope that Hugh Laurie will be taken seriously now.

I have heard he's teaming up with Stephen Fry again for a project which would be amazing and I know he really wants to get into his music. But I hope he doesn't give up on serious TV/film roles

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2012, 08:46:31 am »
Awesome series. Really going to miss it. The end was kinda obvious but still good.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2012, 09:50:06 am »
Spoiler
Predictable but fantastic way to say goodbye to House, was crying at the end there.

One of the biggest TV stars of all time, and he couldn't be more British.

Goodbye House  :'(
[close]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:12:17 am by Kashinoda »
:D