Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
He has his next job lined up in California.

The c*nt should be going to prison along with the rest of them
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Kekule on Today at 09:24:40 am »
This "quadruple" was only ever a media construction. An utterly ridiculous one at that. 'The Quad' never entered my mind. It was just media nonsense. Basically, in this country they love setting people up to fail, so they can then drone on endlessly an out 'how it fell apart'.  ::)

It was also, bizarrely, constructed to ridicule us even if we’d done it.  In a few quarters there was very much a  “hahahaha silly scousers, it’s not a real quadruple as it doesn’t include the European Cup” sentiment going around.

As if we’d have been the only side without European Cup quadruple to our name. Very odd behaviour.
Personally,  I prefer the head coach stuff. Let the experts determine the players that are the best fits for us in terms of price and quality.

Managers simply don't have enough time which leads to suboptimal decisions like renewing declining lder players' contract, signing players because they play well against us...
General Football and Sport / Re: Any Baseball Lovers Around
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 09:24:06 am »
Some Big Big Scores Last Night including Red Sox's 17-0 win over the Cubs
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by Zlen on Today at 09:24:06 am »
Reducing the workload, responsibility and focussing the manager's role is the best thing we can do now. Especially as the manager taking over is a relative rookie, like most who were on our shortlist. You simply need to look at Manchester United and their sequence of appointments where they welcomed each and every one as a saviour and gave them exactly the players they wanted. They are now left with a weird mix of players suited to different styles - or different careers in Antony's case. For us, immediate post-Klopp aim should be consolidation. Don't lose what we have - which is Champions League spot and build on that. This is why we went for a manager who won't uproot the established playing style and also why we are implementing s structure that will offer additional resilience to managerial replacement, should it come to that.

I don't see this as an immediate issue in any way. Where it might become an issue is if in the future we look to hire a new manager and the best candidate does not want to work in this structure or is looking for additional power. This is where egos come into play and where LFC might suffer as the result.
General Football and Sport / Re: NBA Discussion
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 09:22:12 am »
Celtics Lead 2-1 In Play Offs
I know quite a few Arsenal fans, they’re always very happy to remind me that their recent surge is down to Arteta and Edu. They never talk about power and final say, instead saying that the chemistry/harmony there means nobody talks about it in that way.

Guardiola had the Barcelona lot in at City years before he got there, there’s no doubting he has power there, but he isn’t running CFG and again, it’s as much about the balance of power there as it is just one single man calling the shots.

The point is, every great club has a structure, you’re trying to suggest a structure cannot function if the manager isn’t the dominant figure in terms of decisions and voting power. I’d suggest that at most successful clubs this sort of stuff becomes irrelevant because they’re aligned on all levels. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out how you remain aligned on all levels, usually being pretty grown up and transparent goes a long way.

I think pretty much every big club in the world operates in a way where the structure is responsible for strategy and the manager is responsible for coaching and preparing the team. You don’t see Real Madrid giving Ancelotti final say on everything, do you? Nor do you see it with Barcelona. You keep saying Emery brought in Monchi to Aston Villa, Monchi has been a Sporting Director for over 20 years, he’s joined Aston Villa as president of sporting operations, then they have Damian Vidagny as their Director of Football. Monchi brought Emery in at Seville and worked above him. They all work together and I almost guarantee nobody will be talking about who has final say, who has the most power etc there because the dynamic has already been successful in Seville, it isn’t a talking point unless you’re intentionally looking to create one by insisting there is division or that there’s no way a top club can operate with a ‘head coach’ instead of a manager.

Lastly, I’ll put this in again but it was from an Athletic article on Edwards after we’d just won the league in 2020:

I don’t see why that will change under Hughes/Slot. And if Arne is happy to come here under that premise and prove he’s ready to earn the additional responsibility, we should all be happy too and hope that our faith’s rewarded.

Interesting reading…..and I mostly agree and hope the bold part is true but Edwards has a lot more power now than then  in regards the Athletic article on Edwards after we’d just won the league in 2020
General Football and Sport / Re: The NFL Thread
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 09:20:35 am »
The Draft is over

Rounds 4 - 5 - 6 and 7 were yesterday

So recap is by team now
ESPN - 2024 NFL draft grades: Mel Kiper's winners, losers, sleepers

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/40030429/2024-nfl-draft-grades-all-32-teams-mel-kiper-winners-losers-steals-sleepers-favorite-picks-classes

PFF - 2024 NFL Draft grades for all 32 teams

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-grades-all-32-teams
VVD comes to us because of Klopp, if it was Brendan ( just as an example) he would have gone to City.
Manager makes a massive difference for a top top player.

True but who’s to say Slot can have the same pulling power soon enough
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10