Author Topic: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard  (Read 357901 times)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard
« Reply #1360 on: May 24, 2015, 07:26:11 pm »
Shocking result. Awful day for the club.

Feel massively for Rodgers at the minute, whatever you think of how good a manager he is he only wants success for our club and has worked tirelessly to try to make that happen. What can we say? We've been a bit of a poisoned chalice for nearly 25 years. Clearly a very decent and humble human being, so don't like to see the abuse.

If we do replace him, I only pray its for someone who has managed big clubs and won under the pressure of a massive club with a fanbase like ours. This appointment is vital. Whatever has happened this season we are closer than it seems. We have a lot of decent players, the stadium is being rejuvenated, commercially we are making great strides. Amongst all this doom and gloom, we are in a much better position that we were a few years ago, even if the table doesn't quite reflect that. With Gerrard and Carra now gone a new era has begun at the club, and I feel like we need a new face to come in with the credentials and the balls to make the big decisions and move this team and club into the right direction. For me the man is Klopp, I understand the calls for Rafa, and would certainly be excited by the prospect of him returning. If we don't change managers then I hope Rodgers get the full backing of the owners and the fans and we can move forward together as a unit into next season.

Sums it all up nicely for me.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1361 on: May 24, 2015, 07:26:35 pm »
Liverpool have not lost so badly during the whole of Steven Gerrards life.
What a horrible way to have to go !
Hope his new team can play a little bit ...

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: May 24, 2015, 07:26:59 pm »
Excellent few lines.

Rafa is the bench mark of the modern game for any Liverpool manager. If a manager can't hack a Rafa sized shadow, he's not the man for the job.

True. People said that if Rafa was sacked, that we would look back on his time as the glory days. They were right. That is the standard we have to aspire to be back too.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #1363 on: May 24, 2015, 07:27:28 pm »
Just seen the presser. Brendan looks a broken man, constantly downwards. All the self assuredness he showed previously seems to have evaporated. I do feel for him.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1364 on: May 24, 2015, 07:27:34 pm »
Ah well Big Sam is available maybe they'll go for him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1365 on: May 24, 2015, 07:27:51 pm »
I think he is. Cheapest option for them. They might now also be able to force through some of the organisational changes that Brendan didn't want.

And what changes are these and would u most like too see change?
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #1366 on: May 24, 2015, 07:27:53 pm »
I don't think we have EVER been as bad as that have we?

Disgrace.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: May 24, 2015, 07:28:07 pm »

Yeah we've gone through it before and you were chatting shit then just like you are now.

Rafa is going to Real Madrid because he's one of the best managers around and guarantees trophies wherever he goes, not because he used to be good 10 years ago

Ignore him, he's fucking clueless.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: May 24, 2015, 07:28:12 pm »
Are you saying that if he finishes 4th this year his 2 years at Napoli were successful?

They'd won 1 trophy in 25 years before Rafa came in, Rafa won 2 trophies in 2 years, and was on for the EL this year if it wasn't for an awful refereeing decision in the semi final.

They should have done better in Serie A, and Rafa is obviously better in Spain and England, but if Rodgers had won 2 trophies in his 3 years here his job would be safe right now.

There's a reason Napoli put a 4 year contract on the table for him that he's refusing to sign, they know he's quality, there's a reason Real Madrid are getting him in as their manager, they know he's quality.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #1369 on: May 24, 2015, 07:28:18 pm »

As a huge Gerrard fan...who gives a shit.

Real Madrid and Barca players have been on the ends of pummelling in the last few seasons. No one gives a shit if the team go out there next season and do what they're supposed to do - win and get top 4.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #1370 on: May 24, 2015, 07:28:25 pm »
i don't know if other people feel this way, but i inherently resent the idea of getting rid.

I was so so so proud of us last season. more than i have ever been in the 15 years i've supported this club. prouder that 01. even prouder than 05.

there was something about the way we played, which i completely refuse to solely put down to suarez.

We gave Rodgers a contract last summer on the back of that as a show of commitment to him. I would never disagree that its been a poor season; i just think that we have to accept that this is a downturn, and I believe it can improve under Rodgers.

Lets not be fickle. We've seen glimpses of last year this season, and have been unlucky with injuries.

With a change in transfer policy, I believe he can get us playing again. Call me deluded, whatever. I like to think of it as not being completely fickle, reacting to a poor season and ultimately reacting to a freak result in a game that didn't mean much (other than being stevies last). Yes its no excuse, but I think its more representative of the youth and naivety in our side, which can be improved.

I agree in some ways. Today was shite and for the most part a lot of this season has been. I think IF we got the right players in than Rodgers will be able to turn around the attack. The big questions for me is the defence has been shit for 3 years and can he turn that side around? Also is he a big enough name to pull in big players and convince them to come to LFC? No doubt we have played some of our most exciting football under him but will he or the TC choose the right players to come in.

Not really sure to be honest - I don't agree with chopping and changing managers but not sure if he can correct things. Sitting on the fence here.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:30:03 pm by Fruity »
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1371 on: May 24, 2015, 07:28:31 pm »
I think he is. Cheapest option for them. They might now also be able to force through some of the organisational changes that Brendan didn't want.

Won't happen.

Everyone wants to slate Rodgers and fair enough, today was very poor, but the last few games - particularly after today - smack of a team not playing for him. The situation has become untenable.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: May 24, 2015, 07:28:40 pm »
Ignore him, he's fucking clueless.

Yeah think that's best mate
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1373 on: May 24, 2015, 07:29:01 pm »

Sort of - it does make his goal spectacularly heroic.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: May 24, 2015, 07:29:38 pm »
Just read up on Klopp - not as impressive as I thought. Would be Rafa for me.

Rafas going to Real Madrid. And besides, our board in all their wisdom deemed him not good enough to even grant him a phone call when king Kenny was sacked so that's the type of people were dealing with.
Football is a lie

Offline wolves76

• Main Stander
« Reply #1375 on: May 24, 2015, 07:29:46 pm »
that was when purslow was briefing them

Yes it was but they happily embraced the briefing because it offered financial prudence.  I have always found the perception of Rafas time as manager and comments made regarding him from within the club somewhat disrespectful.  We have a manager but I am not sure he can manage this squad of players now.   Interesting times ahead but thank god this season is over. 

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #1376 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:12 pm »
A lot of emphasis on Rodgers, rightly so.

I think the situation is from all tiers of hierarchy operating the club and we should have a full re-structure over the summer.

Ian Ayre, "the committee" and probably Brendan.

The managing of LFC both on and off the field has been a complete shambles and we are fast becoming a laughing stock.

The contract situations, what other club in the top 4 has had such issues this season? The pitch, yes it's easy to blame but we are Liverpool FC playing the way we want to play, we should have one of the best pitches in the league.

Small things like having to borrow a physio in a match after we sacked Zaf, so small time.

The American owners are supposedly strict and slick, ensuring day to day operations are correct off the field from a business perspective so that we can have full focus on the field. I see nothing of the sort and frankly all of it needs solving, not just the manager.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1377 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:15 pm »
Riot at the Emirates if it happens.
haha very good

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1378 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:19 pm »
seems like NUFC might be sticking with Carver, so McLaren will be available in the summer....just saying like
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:27 pm »
Blimey Rodgers looks a broken man. Not nice to see that despite his shortcomings.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:31 pm »
Are you saying that if he finishes 4th this year his 2 years at Napoli were successful?
Given the lack of success before he came to the club you'd probably say yes
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:50 pm »
Rafas going to Real Madrid. And besides, our board in all their wisdom deemed him not good enough to even grant him a phone call when king Kenny was sacked so that's the type of people were dealing with.

I don't think they deemed him not good enough. There was certainly some politics behind not even talking to Rafa.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1382 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:51 pm »
...when king Kenny was sacked so that's the type of people were dealing with.

sorted that for you.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #1383 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:56 pm »
Just seen the presser. Brendan looks a broken man, constantly downwards. All the self assuredness he showed previously seems to have evaporated. I do feel for him.

That was the overriding image of the day for me, the look of a man who knows the game is up. As a few of the US-based fans have mentioned before, FSG have a history of being a ruthless bunch. I see no reason for them to change their behaviour on the back of this result and indeed this season. Not saying it's right, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brendan was gone in the morning.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:59 pm »
Rafa is the bench mark of the modern game for any Liverpool manager. If a manager can't hack a Rafa sized shadow, he's not the man for the job.

It's that simple. Some come to LFC and think they've made it. Others think they've finally come to a place where they can prove themselves and create a bit of history. You see it with players as well. We know which type we should look for when we recruit.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: May 24, 2015, 07:31:26 pm »
They'd won 1 trophy in 25 years before Rafa came in, Rafa won 2 trophies in 2 years, and was on for the EL this year if it wasn't for an awful refereeing decision in the semi final.

They should have done better in Serie A, and Rafa is obviously better in Spain and England, but if Rodgers had won 2 trophies in his 3 years here his job would be safe right now.

There's a reason Napoli put a 4 year contract on the table for him that he's refusing to sign, they know he's quality, there's a reason Real Madrid are getting him in as their manager, they know he's quality.

Get a grip. If Rafa is so sought after he'll be in Real Madrid and all your posting about him will be irrelevant. If he doesn't, then you can no longer use your "if Real want him, he's great" argument. Either way, you're onto a losing proposition.

Have a bit of spine. I hate the type of fan who makes a stand that he can't walk away from. I just hope those thinking like you can put away the spears for at least 6 months if Rodgers stays.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: May 24, 2015, 07:31:37 pm »
That really was brutal.

I feel shellshocked.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #1387 on: May 24, 2015, 07:31:40 pm »
I feel terrible for Stevie, I doubt he ever expected it to end like this.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1388 on: May 24, 2015, 07:31:41 pm »

So do I but Liverpool, in 2013/14, are the 9th biggest club in world football, bigger than Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Spurs and Atletico Madrid, we cannot operate below where we should be. That is what is happening. Brendan is paid well, far beyond what most people could dream of, to do just that.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: May 24, 2015, 07:32:02 pm »
seems like NUFC might be sticking with Carver, so McLaren will be available in the summer....just saying like

Shit , means big money to get Carver....is Big Ron still available?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: May 24, 2015, 07:32:07 pm »
Liverpool FC Talking Point: If plenty of fans were still ‘undecided’ on Rodgers' future, then this was enough to change their minds

18:48, 24 MAY 2015
BY NEIL JONES

Increasing majority of Reds believe last season, not this, was the exception to the rule where Rodgers is concerned

Prior to this game, Brendan Rodgers was asked by the media if he believed he would be Liverpool’s manager next season.

“Yes, yes, 150 per cent,” was his tub-thumping answer.

If he is still of that opinion now, then he’s either the bravest man alive, or he’s kidding himself.

There are lows and then there are lows. In a footballing sense, this was as bad as it gets, the most embarrassing afternoon imaginable, both for Rodgers and for Liverpool Football Club. Disgraceful barely does it justice.

Rodgers was berated as he passed the travelling Reds fans on his way to the dressing room at half time. It wasn’t a nice sight, but then Liverpool were 5-0 down. At Stoke. At half time, having conceded all the goals in the space of 22 horrific minutes. In all honesty, he was lucky any Reds had stayed long enough to confront him.

“They have every right to be angry and frustrated,” he said. “That was awful, absolutely awful.”

If there were still plenty of supporters in the ‘undecided’ camp when it comes to the manager’s future, then this was enough to change their minds. This was a performance so bad, it had to be seen to be believed. A sackable offence? Time will tell.

Rodgers’ end-of-season review with the American owners next week – “a formality”, he felt last week – will now be a more than uncomfortable experience. He may be able to offer mitigation for an underwhelming season, or show the logic behind his increasingly strange team selections, but to explain a capitulation, a humiliation, like this? All the best.

This was a performance worse than anything the club offered up under either Roy Hodgson or Kenny Dalglish

To be fair to him, he didn’t even try to here. Usually a bullish, confident character in front of the cameras, here his demeanour reflected his team’s performance; humbled, humiliated, beaten. That pained, haunted look, we’ve seen it before. It was the look of a man worried about his job.

“If the owners ask me to go, then I go,” he said. By the end of next week, we will know whether they’ve asked.

If they do, then what a horrendous way to sign off – with the club’s worst competitive defeat for 52 years, with supporters jeering, players hiding. And with an increasing majority believing that last season, not this, was the exception to the rule where Rodgers is concerned.

There’s no sugar coating it; this was a performance worse than anything the club offered up under either Roy Hodgson or Kenny Dalglish, both of whom lost their jobs pretty swiftly under Fenway Sports Group.

Of course, the noises out of Anfield throughout this season, even during the darkest moments, have been that Rodgers is NOT in danger of becoming the latest managerial casualty.

“He’s our man,” was the message after defeat to Crystal Palace in November, and repeated following the FA Cup semi final defeat to Aston Villa in April. The manager’s position was “not even up for discussion.”

It’ll be being discussed now, though. Loudly. You can bet your bottom dollar on that one.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-talking-point-plenty-9322190#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1391 on: May 24, 2015, 07:32:09 pm »
As a huge Gerrard fan...who gives a shit.

Real Madrid and Barca players have been on the ends of pummelling in the last few seasons. No one gives a shit if the team go out there next season and do what they're supposed to do - win and get top 4.
Yeah, but, his last match for the club ...
Like that !
That's not nice, mate !

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1392 on: May 24, 2015, 07:32:17 pm »
Get a grip. If Rafa is so sought after he'll be in Real Madrid and all your posting about him will be irrelevant. If he doesn't, then you can no longer use your "if Real want him, he's great" argument. Either way, you're onto a losing proposition.

Have a bit of spine. I hate the type of fan who makes a stand that he can't walk away from. I just hope those thinking like you can put away the spears for at least 6 months if Rodgers stays.

Haha do one you gobshite, I hate the type of fan who has to prove he's the ultimate superfan on the internet, now fuck off

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: May 24, 2015, 07:33:11 pm »
Are we in a Ferguson after three years scenario?......just saying like.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1394 on: May 24, 2015, 07:34:31 pm »
Are we in Moyes after three years scenario?

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1395 on: May 24, 2015, 07:34:37 pm »
Anyone saw the image of Sterling laughing at our supporters?
Seen us win everything

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: May 24, 2015, 07:34:55 pm »

Did Ferguson take over a team that just won a trophy finished 7th, had the 3rd best player in the world, and £220m to spend? If not, then no

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: May 24, 2015, 07:34:56 pm »
Yeah, but, his last match for the club ...
Like that !
That's not nice, mate !

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter much. I'm sure Gerrard himself doesn't care about the scoreline - any loss will be disappointing.

Haha do one you gobshite, I hate the type of fan who has to prove he's the ultimate superfan on the internet, now fuck off

Liverpool fans are the ultimate superfans ;). The fucking motto is "You'll Never Walk Alone". Some shitheads don't get the memo though.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1398 on: May 24, 2015, 07:34:57 pm »
Good luck ste in LA           

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1399 on: May 24, 2015, 07:35:10 pm »

Nevermind the last 25 years, how about the last 5 years.

Did he do better a better job than Mazzari?

At best he kept them on a treadmill.