Author Topic: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard  (Read 357909 times)

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard
« Reply #1320 on: May 24, 2015, 07:16:42 pm »
Neil Jones from the Echo asked about Rodgers:

Neil Jones@neiljonesecho
@Adrian357Adrian @redlfc180 Everything I've heard has been "safe". But he can't be.
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: May 24, 2015, 07:16:53 pm »
Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho 2m2 minutes ago

@Adrian357Adrian @redlfc180 Everything I've heard has been "safe". But he can't be.

Interesting to see how it plays out

Supper coppa is a charity cup like community shield which Moyes won.

Fair enough he won the Italian equivalent of FA cup and Europa with Chelsea, but Napoli have regressed in the league.

You should tell Real Madrid then, might save them some time and money.

Also Rafa beat CL finalists Juventus, not 2nd division Wigan
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1322 on: May 24, 2015, 07:17:05 pm »
Should never have let Roy go....damn! we all fucked up there!

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: May 24, 2015, 07:17:06 pm »
I hate this shit.

It wasn't a Gerrard goodbyhe two-legged semi final. We lost two games, yeah. Adding up the scores like a child goes

It definitely feels like we have been on the Gerrard farewell tour since he came back from suspension which tells you everything that's wrong with the mentality of this club.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #1324 on: May 24, 2015, 07:17:10 pm »
He will be.

Barca are on for a treble.  A final day win in the league doesn't alter madrids view on what's been a disappointing season for them. He's going...perhaps back to Milan.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1325 on: May 24, 2015, 07:17:29 pm »
Jamie Carragher @Carra23  ·  22 min

Newcastle stay up Hull go down the only 2 games that had anything riding on them today, every other game was irrelevant.

No game should be irrelevant to liverpool , losing 6-1 isn't irrelevant when it could cost Rodgers his job

Offline wolves76

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1326 on: May 24, 2015, 07:17:47 pm »
FSG in past statements have not seemed impressed at all by the reign of Rafa. Wages bills...resale values and all that.   Even if he wanted to return to Anfield then I very much doubt he would be given the option.   I think Jurgen Klopp would be an excellent manager for Liverpool but I am not at all sure he would come here.   I have backed our manager on the basis of the type of football we played in the last half of last season.  But today was the nadir of an extremely poor campaign.  Looking at the games from the FA Cup defeat onwards it appears to me that he has lost the dressing room and if that is the case then his position should be untenable.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: May 24, 2015, 07:18:12 pm »
its because it implies they want him when we have a current manager I think, not that I have an issue with said chant

The song is sung all the time.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: May 24, 2015, 07:18:31 pm »
Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho 2m2 minutes ago

Interesting to see how it plays out

You should tell Real Madrid then, might save them some time and money.

Also Rafa beat CL finalists Juventus, not 2nd division Wigan

Madrid operate in their own world, no need comparing us to them, the manager they want to sack won them the CL last year.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: May 24, 2015, 07:19:10 pm »

Doesn't work with six. Plus - league and European Cups only. Strict entry requirements.

Fair enough. Either way, 2001 was an amazing year.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: May 24, 2015, 07:19:19 pm »
Madrid operate in their own world, no need comparing us to them, the manager they want to sack won them the CL last year.

Their forums must be even more fewmin than here and GoT ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1331 on: May 24, 2015, 07:19:27 pm »
It definitely feels like we have been on the Gerrard farewell tour since he came back from suspension which tells you everything that's wrong with the mentality of this club.

not as much as that post tells us about the mentality of you...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: May 24, 2015, 07:19:59 pm »
Barca are on for a treble.  A final day win in the league doesn't alter madrids view on what's been a disappointing season for them. He's going...perhaps back to Milan.

Yeah it seems like he's off back to Milan. All this crap of players wanting him to stay at Madrid  is bullshit.

Offline tripred

• "I'll be willing to get bummed by a goat ... just saying like"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #1333 on: May 24, 2015, 07:19:59 pm »
cheerio Brendan :wave

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: May 24, 2015, 07:20:01 pm »
FSG in past statements have not seemed impressed at all by the reign of Rafa. Wages bills...resale values and all that.   Even if he wanted to return to Anfield then I very much doubt he would be given the option.   I think Jurgen Klopp would be an excellent manager for Liverpool but I am not at all sure he would come here.   I have backed our manager on the basis of the type of football we played in the last half of last season.  But today was the nadir of an extremely poor campaign.  Looking at the games from the FA Cup defeat onwards it appears to me that he has lost the dressing room and if that is the case then his position should be untenable.
that was when purslow was briefing them

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: May 24, 2015, 07:20:13 pm »
Shadow of the manager? In the last 3 years he's won:

UEFA Europa League (1): 2012–13
    Coppa Italia (1): 2013–14
    Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2014

More than we've won since he left.

If Rafa is a shadow of the manager he was, he wouldn't be top of Real Madrid's wish list

We've gone through this before.

I don't take any stock in those minor honours. His performances in the league and CL over the last five seasons have been average or poor. Especially should not have finished below Lazio this season.

Klopp is the one attainable coach who has performed outstanding work in the league and CL recently. He's the type of smart manager we need to topple the four clubs with bigger resources than ourselves. His recent work is evidence of that.

He's the outstanding choice.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #1336 on: May 24, 2015, 07:20:15 pm »
Well - that was dogshit.

Sad to witness and sad that it drew the curtain down on Steven Gerrard's Liverpool career. He deserved better.
A world great. We were lucky to have you.

This is one game in a poor season, and it's one game in a series of highs and lows with Brendan. Keep it context for fucks sake.

I'm bevvied to fuck and I'm not sure what the right way foreward is right now - if he goes I'll be sad, because I'll think about how I'd have felt if he walked this time last year and woirried about who the fuck they bring in.
If he's given more time I'll be surprised but happy as well - Brendan's ceiling hasn't beemn hit yet - there's more to come.

He might be a bit of a publicity whore - so what? Its probably the one thing that's stopped the press turning on him this season.
He gives a shit about connecting with us - he wants to get the city. It might be a bit forced and unnatural, but that's only because he's trying so hard to get it.

If the Henry, werner and co can find a better man; so be it. I'm not here for the manager or any player - I'm herto support the greatest team in the world and I don't actually give two fucks about the result today in the grand scheme of a shite season.

Liverpool FC have given me too many wonderful nights and sunny afternoons in May to linger too long on a shite result against a shite team. this was our low and their zenith. Fuck em.

YNWA

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1337 on: May 24, 2015, 07:20:23 pm »
You know the way FSG know fuck all about football..... I hope they see Real Madrid want him, say "he must actually be good then" and over rule Ayre.
Linda providing the tie breaker for Rafa Nadal.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1338 on: May 24, 2015, 07:20:29 pm »
Surely Rodgers is a gonner after this. The melt down this season has been a fucking disaster, topped off nicely with our worst defeat in premier league history.

What a fucking mess. See you Stevie, shame none of the others players actually gave a fuck and tried to give him a decent send off.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #1339 on: May 24, 2015, 07:20:56 pm »
Those that laughed and me when I said a Rodgers had lost the dressing room need to have a look think now.

Rodgers has lost the dressing room and boy the players are making that clear.

If Hendo is captain of this club next season or our best midfielder then this club is in deep, deep trouble. Adam scores more goals than him.

Would you really trust Rodgers with another 40-50m.

We need more than a score goalscorer we need a new bloody manager.

Almost forget to praise you today for your unique view on your boy Adam. He actually outperformed our future captain today, and he scored!!! He also demonstrates yet again how strong he is by almost killing 2 of our defenders, perhaps that would help rebuilding our defence for the coming season.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1340 on: May 24, 2015, 07:21:10 pm »
its because it implies they want him when we have a current manager I think, not that I have an issue with said chant

Its the tenth anniversary of Istanbul - so that would be a good reason to sing it
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1341 on: May 24, 2015, 07:21:26 pm »
Yeah it seems like he's off back to Milan. All this crap of players wanting him to stay at Madrid  is bullshit.
Unfounded nonsense.

Who says it's bullshit?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:04 pm »
Rafa is going to be an albatross looming over every manager we have until we actually win something (worthwhile) again.

One can look at that in different ways. Yes, it's a bit unfair. But it's also the level we should try and get back to. It was possible, when Rafa was in charge, to compete with the best in Europe. We want to get back there. We want to have someone in charge who can live with that kind of pressure. It's not easy, but this is elite sports. It comes with the package. Perhaps, if a manager (or player for that matter) can't handle it, he's not a man for LFC.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1343 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:23 pm »
That's my fear exactly whoever our manager is.

Then a manager that comes in better win something. If they don't want their feelings hurt, don't come to a club that strives for success.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1344 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:25 pm »
Shocking result. Awful day for the club.

Feel massively for Rodgers at the minute, whatever you think of how good a manager he is he only wants success for our club and has worked tirelessly to try to make that happen. What can we say? We've been a bit of a poisoned chalice for nearly 25 years. Clearly a very decent and humble human being, so don't like to see the abuse.

If we do replace him, I only pray its for someone who has managed big clubs and won under the pressure of a massive club with a fanbase like ours. This appointment is vital. Whatever has happened this season we are closer than it seems. We have a lot of decent players, the stadium is being rejuvenated, commercially we are making great strides. Amongst all this doom and gloom, we are in a much better position that we were a few years ago, even if the table doesn't quite reflect that. With Gerrard and Carra now gone a new era has begun at the club, and I feel like we need a new face to come in with the credentials and the balls to make the big decisions and move this team and club into the right direction. For me the man is Klopp, I understand the calls for Rafa, and would certainly be excited by the prospect of him returning. If we don't change managers then I hope Rodgers get the full backing of the owners and the fans and we can move forward together as a unit into next season.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:30 pm »
Its the tenth anniversary of Istanbul - so that would be a good reason to sing it

Yep, some people seem to have forgotten this and made a bit of a tit of themselves criticising the poor bastards who travelled to Stoke today.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1346 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:34 pm »

I don't take any stock in those minor honours. His performances in the league and CL over the last five seasons have been average or poor. Especially should not have finished below Lazio this season.

Klopp is the one attainable coach who has performed outstanding work in the league and CL recently. He's the type of smart manager we need to topple the four clubs with bigger resources than ourselves. His recent work is evidence of that.
Not exactly disagreeing with you, but what's he done recently? The "should've finished ahead of <insert name here> surely applies to him too?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:41 pm »
yeah but you know how many would interpret it

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1348 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:45 pm »

Resale values, fuck me

Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, Arbeloa, Sterling, Lucas hey even Gerrard, Johnson, Reina and others had resale values in 2010. Dalglish made a net profit, despite being slated for his buys.

How much would we get for Aspas, Alberto, Balotelli, Lambert, Lovren, Moreno, Lallana, Markovic, Borini, Ilori and what is left on those who have expired.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:24:39 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:47 pm »
Neil Jones from the Echo asked about Rodgers:

Neil Jones@neiljonesecho
I think he is. Cheapest option for them. They might now also be able to force through some of the organisational changes that Brendan didn't want.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1350 on: May 24, 2015, 07:23:01 pm »
Surely Rodgers is a gonner after this.
Riot at the Emirates if it happens.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1351 on: May 24, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »
One can look at that in different ways. Yes, it's a bit unfair. But it's also the level we should try and get back to. It was possible, when Rafa was in charge, to compete with the best in Europe. We want to get back there. We want to have someone in charge who can live with that kind of pressure. It's not easy, but this is elite sports. It comes with the package. Perhaps, if a manager (or player for that matter) can't handle it, he's not a man for LFC.

Excellent few lines.

Rafa is the bench mark of the modern game for any Liverpool manager. If a manager can't hack a Rafa sized shadow, he's not the man for the job.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: May 24, 2015, 07:23:37 pm »

He's the outstanding choice.

Yeah we've gone through it before and you were chatting shit then just like you are now.

Rafa is going to Real Madrid because he's one of the best managers around and guarantees trophies wherever he goes, not because he used to be good 10 years ago
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: May 24, 2015, 07:24:30 pm »
Riot at the Emirates if it happens.

;D

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: May 24, 2015, 07:24:40 pm »

https://twitter.com/Cristiano/status/602220530016645122

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #1355 on: May 24, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »
I think he is. Cheapest option for them. They might now also be able to force through some of the organisational changes that Brendan didn't want.

It's sad to say, but he probably needs a director of football and a new assistant/first team coach (or someone to work with the defence!) I can't imagine him standing for that.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1356 on: May 24, 2015, 07:25:13 pm »
Yeah we've gone through it before and you were chatting shit then just like you are now.

Rafa is going to Real Madrid because he's one of the best managers around and guarantees trophies wherever he goes, not because he used to be good 10 years ago

Are you saying that if he finishes 4th this year his 2 years at Napoli were successful?

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #1357 on: May 24, 2015, 07:25:17 pm »
that was when purslow was briefing them
No doubt Ayre is briefing them now

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: May 24, 2015, 07:25:17 pm »
think they know his position is pretty much untenable

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #1359 on: May 24, 2015, 07:25:25 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me if Ward would be rubbing his hands at that image.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense