Author Topic: Stoke City vs Liverpool, Spyin' Kop  (Read 20205 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool, Spyin' Kop
« Reply #80 on: September 7, 2011, 08:35:07 pm »
Thanks for that. Why on earth would a Stoke fan 'hate' Henderson?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #81 on: September 7, 2011, 09:12:34 pm »
Cheers for the read DutchRed, I always enjoy those bits from the opposing team.

They seem like a decent bunch and are quite optimistic regarding their chances, and after all they did spend a fair amount this summer... but I for one fancy our boys to win 2-0.

Glad to see they rate Lucas.
Great to see, but of all teams in the league, it shouldn't be a surprise to see them recognising his contribution.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline carra4president87

• Main Stander
  • hey is this thing on?
« Reply #82 on: September 7, 2011, 09:41:19 pm »
hate it when we play stoke  :butt

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 7, 2011, 10:02:37 pm »
Great work DutchRed - just read the Stoke forum and you came in for a bit of stick early on but it was interesting to see some of them apologising later on!

On the whole they seemed like a decent bunch and some interesting responses especially re Lucas who rarely gets much credit from outside Anfield - I remember talking to a United fan about a year ago and him banging on how shit Liverpool were at the time and it was mostly Lucas' fault and him being completely gobsmacked at me explaining what an excellent player I though Lucas was. He was literally open mouthed and was convinced I was taking the piss.

Anyway great work mate and it seems you made a few friends from Stoke along the way :)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 7, 2011, 11:46:13 pm »
Great stuff DR, can't believe you're only 16! Ignore the ignorant fucks on that site, good to see there are some decent lads who set them straight. That matt lad is probably sucking off his mothers tit now the infantile c*nt.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #85 on: September 7, 2011, 11:49:01 pm »
Nice one DutchRed.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 8, 2011, 12:03:59 am »

It's weird isn't it? From what I've seen and read about Henderson he seems a very likable, quiet, down to earth lad.

There are a couple of tits on that forum, but that's definitely to be expected. I remember when we did a Spyin' Kop for another club and the majority of the answers on here were twattish.

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 8, 2011, 11:33:47 am »

I was once travelling on a national express coach from Birmingham to Liverpool which stopped off at Stoke. The coach pulled in, people are getting up and gathering together their stuff. Then this lad starts shoving has way past from the back of the coach, trying to get to the door. I'm thinking, why's he in such a hurry. He gets out of the door, gets to the next vacant coach parking spot and throws up all over the tarmac. Then he gets back on - I'm surprised the coach driver let him on again, to be honest.

Anyway, perhaps that was Jordan Henderson, the dirty bastard. And the people of Stoke have wanted his blood ever since for defiling their sacred Hanley bus station.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2011, 11:37:01 am by Robotforaday »

Offline uday_lfc

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: September 8, 2011, 11:38:15 am »
Stoke vs Liverpool is going to be the Reds first, real, tough encounter...But thankfully for us, Adam isn't injured and can start...Carroll really needs to get on the score sheet and it is possible he will get a start...I'm sure Kenny will get it right again!

Here is a brief preview written by me (a Liverpool fan) on this weekend's fixture between Stoke and Liverpool:

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2011/stoke-city-v-liverpool-tony-pulis%E2%80%99-beasts-meet-kenny-dalglish%E2%80%99s-craftsmen/

Do share your thoughts/comments on the preview...

#YNWA...

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #89 on: September 8, 2011, 11:42:48 am »
Stoke vs Liverpool is going to be the Reds first, real, tough encounter...But thankfully for us, Adam isn't injured and can start...Carroll really needs to get on the score sheet and it is possible he will get a start...I'm sure Kenny will get it right again!

Here is a brief preview written by me (a Liverpool fan) on this weekend's fixture between Stoke and Liverpool:

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2011/stoke-city-v-liverpool-tony-pulis%E2%80%99-beasts-meet-kenny-dalglish%E2%80%99s-craftsmen/

Do share your thoughts/comments on the preview...

#YNWA...

Rory Delap is not an England international.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 8, 2011, 11:50:04 am »
Do any other teams do anything similar to Spyin' Kop? I'd like to see what some of our fans say.  ;D
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #91 on: September 9, 2011, 09:19:54 pm »
 :thumbup

Offline andythecatuk

• "I shall do one thing in this life - one thing for certain - that is, love you, and long for you, and keep wanting you till I die"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • "When you win nothing hurts"
« Reply #92 on: September 9, 2011, 09:39:27 pm »
Great read - well played Dutch Red.

Some utterly embarassing responses on that thread from some of their fans - top work from the lads that (a) contributed good answers to your questions and (b) put the tools on their forum back in their place.
"You've got to win in sports - that's talent - but you've also got to learn how to remind everybody how you did win, and how often. That comes with experience."

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2011, 05:28:05 am »
Majority of the Stoke fans that responded seemed sound, solidifies my opinion of them as a quality club with a great manager.

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2011, 06:00:24 am »
Always enjoy reading these, probably contributed to by the fact we get them infrequently of late.

Great job to dutchred, going in and sticking with it even with a few idiots giving him grief. Nice to see the majority were a decent bunch.

Looking forward to the game now, here's hoping we come back with something to show for it. As some have said, it'll be a good test of how well our team's getting along.
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline davidoffa

• Main Stander
  • Boosh!
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2011, 06:50:21 am »
Great read that, thanks.

Fuck me though, wouldn't you just kill yourself if genuinely the best player you'd ever seen pull on a Liverpool shirt was Ricardo Fuller?! Christ.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2011, 09:28:31 am »
Very impressed Dutch Red, both by your maturity and most of their fans. You took their morons in stride, but most of them seem like nice lads. I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam and if everyone there is mature as you I'm not going to think twice when I have the money saved up. I think it must be the marijuana laws, thats the only explanation I see  ::)

I've always found it a bit weird that people always label non-scouse supporters as glory hunters, even one of them called LFC a plastic club  :o I've always wished that I could live in Liverpool, be on the Kop for every match, and sing till my lungs collapsed, but I can't. I'm halfway around the world in the US, 19 years old, 100 dollars to my name, and college to attend. Maybe in the next life fortune will be on my side, but for now I can at least try my hardest to get to Anfield one day.

Fuck, I'm way more drunk that I thought haha.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2011, 09:32:25 am »
Thanks everyone!
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Redstafarian

• Anny Roader
  • Fish fingers, mash n peas
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2011, 09:34:32 am »
Very impressed Dutch Red, both by your maturity and most of their fans. You took their morons in stride, but most of them seem like nice lads. I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam and if everyone there is mature as you I'm not going to think twice when I have the money saved up. I think it must be the marijuana laws, thats the only explanation I see  ::)

I've always found it a bit weird that people always label non-scouse supporters as glory hunters, even one of them called LFC a plastic club  :o I've always wished that I could live in Liverpool, be on the Kop for every match, and sing till my lungs collapsed, but I can't. I'm halfway around the world in the US, 19 years old, 100 dollars to my name, and college to attend. Maybe in the next life fortune will be on my side, but for now I can at least try my hardest to get to Anfield one day.

Fuck, I'm way more drunk that I thought haha.

With you on the 'wish I was a scose'. It will never ever detract from my 100% passion for everything about the club, always. Anyone with a problem with that is plastic themselves.
Liverpool 2 West Ham 1, BBC Radio live coverage of league cup final  ... first and best memory

Offline Weller33

• Kemlynite
  • LFC4Ever
    • lfc 4 Ever
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2011, 09:15:04 pm »
Ok

So i think we had more chances to win this game than Man U did theirs. I was at the Wolves game last Saturday and I reckon that the only reason Kenny didn't play Bellamy was because he wanted to keep him chomping at the bit like a rabid dog .. only to let him off the 'Dagleash' when we play them the other side of the park? I hope I'm right, as I think that Bellamy and Downing down the flanks with louis up front and Gerrard back just dropping off and marauding as he does.. will see us back on track.

Mr Henderson can go back to managing the Muppets for the meanwhile. I guess he's a good player.. but wasn't Roy supposed to be a good manager too?

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2011, 09:17:30 pm »

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2011, 09:21:04 pm »
cracking first post!
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Weller33

• Kemlynite
  • LFC4Ever
    • lfc 4 Ever
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2011, 10:58:02 pm »
cracking first post!

I thankyou very much. At the end of the day our aspiration is simple... we need to win as a rule ... draw as the exception and never.. ever.. lose. Job done.