Author Topic: How do you sip your Red pint?  (Read 3671 times)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
How do you sip your Red pint?
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:14:23 pm »
Remember the pub you use to go to where most of the lads knew how to hold their drinks, gave their seat to the lady standing beside them, where even the young fellows knew it was a disgrace to be found puking in the toilets by one of regulars who shook his head and said amateur. That is how I feel some these days here…amateur fans who just speak too much. So many opinions that they eventually tie themselves in a knot if you give them enough rope. You know how foolish I would be in trying to tell a mechanic, even an average one, how to fix an alternator but christ that does not seem to hold with the “managers” here. Some if not most have only ever seen an English league winning manager sit at Anfield in the opposing dug out  but does that stop them spitting BS most days? Their best lines are the ones they think that cut fellow fans in half while at the same time belittling players who have played more minutes for us than they have spent drinking their ciders at the local.

Some “fans” have even tried to rewrite the Conspiracy Theory with Hodgson in the lead role instead of Gibson. Thank god they got muted but I definitely don’t need to be jumping on their box in attempt to knock some sense in others as we all know who the enemy is. So why don’t some of you take a note of how to have a pint at the greatest pub in the world as your attempt in dragging our rep through the mud with the infighting nearly mirrors the disgust we have seen at board level.   
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
Re: How do you sip your Red pint?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:43:42 pm »
Well said.

We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:13:00 pm »
Well said, but I don't get this bit.

Some “fans” have even tried to rewrite the Conspiracy Theory with Hodgson in the lead role instead of Gibson. 

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 06:17:43 pm »
Well said, but I don't get this bit.

I think he means Mel Gibson, as in the movie Conspiracy Theory, although I don't really understand the context at all.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 06:27:40 pm »
With a pint of hope and a packet of quips. :P

Everyone else seems to be on Bitter these days.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline maher111

• Main Stander
  • You Beauty.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 06:30:38 pm »
Although some of it was difficult to follow, I understand that you're trying to convey that the infighting should stop. I agree 110%.

However don't agree with the 'holier than thou' implications.
I read the news today oh boy.

SOS - 7241

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 08:27:27 pm »
With a pint of hope and a packet of quips. :P

Everyone else seems to be on Bitter these days.

Or a pint of Red Death
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 08:41:25 pm »
I think this place is a bit of a joke these days, there's a lot of good Reds on here but they seem to be increasingly outnumbered by complete whoppers. Have to say that the SOS lads deserve medals for the work they've done on here too.

To be honest, it's never going to be a good place to come after a defeat to that lot but we can't seem to help ourselves can we!?

I think some posters on here should nurse their pint a wee bit more & have a think between sips.

Needless to say I'll get fucking slaughtered  ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:45:08 pm by Mook »

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 10:36:18 pm »
Conspiracy Theorists like that git AL 555 who may have had a point but lost it somewhere between man did not land on the moon and Roy was solely here to sell players to line the owners pocket. I prefer to sip my vodka and down my Murphys but I also believe any poster who calls for Roy’s head after 5 games or calls him a complete dick should be banned from the site until they remove their head from their ass. Its not a “I’m better than you” belief its just I like to behave in the same manner here as I do in the real world. Call a guy a CXXT and you deserve your head to be kicked in, likewise with Hodgson…respect him at least and hold your peace until you can at least see things panning out over time. You may not like his football, many did not like rafa’s, GH or even Evans but at least they got the bulk of the support behind them. Lately I say its more like 60:40 in favour of Roy and going down quickly.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 10:40:36 pm »
In "rose tinted" glasses! ::)
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

hoonin

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 10:41:59 pm »
Call a guy a CXXT and you deserve your head to be kicked in, likewise with Hodgson…respect him at least and hold your peace until you can at least see things panning out over time.

The view of mods is similar, i.e. respect for the position of manager and respect for the man who occupies it. It's been the same since 2001.

Criticism of footballing matters is not a problem, but mindless abuse results in a permanent vacation.

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »
The view of mods is similar, i.e. respect for the position of manager and respect for the man who occupies it. It's been the same since 2001.

Criticism of footballing matters is not a problem, but mindless abuse results in a permanent vacation.

Does it though, some of the things I've read said about our manager on here have been scandalous recently & I've not noticed many of them disappearing from the site?

hoonin

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 11:10:44 pm »
Does it though, some of the things I've read said about our manager on here have been scandalous recently & I've not noticed many of them disappearing from the site?

If it's spotted, yes.

*runs off to check mooks recent posts*

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 11:26:38 pm »
Agree with most of that - one of the reasons I'm not that arsed at the moment posting on the main forum.
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 11:35:43 pm »
My Red pint is 7/8's empty an has been since the Arsenal game.

I have tried to keep personal slights to a minimum, but can't help feeling the follwing;

It's the first time in 15 years the blue shite have a better manager.
The bigoted media swept Hodgson into a job and Purslow fell for it.
Roy thinks he can fool the Liverpool public.
He is a mid table manager, buying mid table players, playing a midtable way.
We will finish no higher than sixth or seventh, winning around 11 games at home and 5 away or therabouts.
The majority of fans will want Hodgson gone at the end of the season.

Kenny should have got the job all along and might well end up with it, but from a worse starting point.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 11:45:05 pm »
Its a game of opinions. Isn't it?

Should we just follow the flock? Get behind the team without questioning the manager or players because we havent played or managed...

What would be the point of having a football forum?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 11:56:08 pm »
its a forum, well thought out points of discussion are always welcome.  Mindless abuse isnt. 

Offline maher111

• Main Stander
  • You Beauty.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 11:57:17 pm »
its a forum, well thought out points of discussion are always welcome.  Mindless abuse isnt.

This.
I read the news today oh boy.

SOS - 7241

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 12:09:39 am »
I won't lie, before Roy signed, I said 100% that I did not want him here. Having looked at his record and had the opportunity to see his football style and tactics for a number of years, I didn't think he was good enough. Same as I did with Poulsen. The difference is, that was before they signed. Now, they both get my total support. It's just the way I am. Does that mean they don't have the shortcomings I thought they did before they signed? Not at all. Of course they have. The difference was, their shorcomings were as a Fulham Manager and a Juventus player. Now they're reds, and they get my complete support. The only red who hasn't is Itandje for obvious reasons. Call me a hypocrite if you like, but I honestly don't give a fuck. I always have been where Liverpool are concerned  ;)

Anyway, get your arse over to Roy's JP Morgan thread. Fat shite Hicks is planning a bank raid, and we're trying to stop him.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Bavaria

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 12:10:56 am »
This.

I see you thought out yours well  ;)

All joking aside I agree entirely with the sentiment of the original post on this thread. Things have definitely changed amongst the LFC fan base within the last 20 years and Im not sure for the better. I guess though thats part of modern day football or perhaps even modern culture. I think one of the problems maybe that fans supporting liverpool coming through today are supporting purely because of the 18 titles, 5 european cups and the advertising and not because of what LFC is and always will be. Perhaps older fans like myself (wernt even in double figures for league wins when the affair began) need to let the others know precisely what LFC is about. In fact, in general, I think this is true relating to all clubs. Football has lost that grass roots culture and identity and we need to get that back.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 02:59:37 am »
Agree totally with the OP. It's saddening that Roy is getting so much stick from some quarters, when we've only played 5 relatively difficult league fixtures (apart from West Brom). We've been doing well in Europe, thus far.

So. Our style of play might not be up to how we would like it, but new systems need time to bed in. Hodgson is still getting to know the players. Some of the players are still getting to know the players. The players are getting to know Hodgson. This sort of thing doesn't become a roaring success overnight.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 03:01:13 am »
Its a game of opinions. Isn't it?

Should we just follow the flock? Get behind the team without questioning the manager or players because we havent played or managed...

What would be the point of having a football forum?

To be honest. If I was "following the flock" on here, I'd be spending my time abusing Hodgson as far as I can see, not vice versa.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 03:27:27 am »
How dare Roy not be Rafa and not do things the way Rafa used to.

I was a big fan of Rafa, loved his integrity and his genuine love for the club, and the success he brought.

Like it or not, he has gone, and the current ownership mess has a lot to do with that.

Now Roy has to put up with the restrictions that the current ownership brings, and losing players like Masch,
but he is entitled to do things his way, and work out how to get these players to become a team again,
so I have always thought judge him at the end of the season, taking in to account what happens with the ownership.

Although I still don't believe Roy landed on the Moon !

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 03:27:29 am »
Great shout from the OP, was going to do something similar myself but i'm a shite writer.

Very well said mate.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 04:22:19 am »

Kenny should have got the job all along and might well end up with it, but from a worse starting point.

I feeli this outcome in my water... I hope im wrong as i dont wanna go too many steps back to start going forward!
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 08:56:53 am »
Remember the pub you use to go to where most of the lads knew how to hold their drinks, gave their seat to the lady standing beside them, where even the young fellows knew it was a disgrace to be found puking in the toilets by one of regulars who shook his head and said amateur. That is how I feel some these days here…amateur fans who just speak too much. So many opinions that they eventually tie themselves in a knot if you give them enough rope. You know how foolish I would be in trying to tell a mechanic, even an average one, how to fix an alternator but christ that does not seem to hold with the “managers” here. Some if not most have only ever seen an English league winning manager sit at Anfield in the opposing dug out  but does that stop them spitting BS most days? Their best lines are the ones they think that cut fellow fans in half while at the same time belittling players who have played more minutes for us than they have spent drinking their ciders at the local
Some “fans” have even tried to rewrite the Conspiracy Theory with Hodgson in the lead role instead of Gibson. Thank god they got muted but I definitely don’t need to be jumping on their box in attempt to knock some sense in others as we all know who the enemy is. So why don’t some of you take a note of how to have a pint at the greatest pub in the world as your attempt in dragging our rep through the mud with the infighting nearly mirrors the disgust we have seen at board level.   

I have enjoyed reading many of your posts but this one wrankles me a little, "amateur fans" ? do you think you are a professional fan? is there such an animal ?. As in most walks of life peoples opinions differ greatly but it seems more so in football, we all like to think that we have the solutions to the problems on the pitch. I have been a fan of LFC and football in general for 60 years, I have played football at a decent level and managed/coached here in Spain for a long time, does that make me a professional fan? I doubt it.
My problem is that my opinions are steeped in the days before Sky invented football and I just hate listening/reading about tactics(I always thought they were little white mints) and team formations ie 4 3 2 1 etc. In fact I lost self control one day here on RAWK and posted in a thread and blamed "Fantasy Football Manager" for all the bollocks (my perception or opinion) that was being posted.
I understand the message you are trying to convey with your post and i agree with you, but I don't agree with the wording of it, it seems to me that you are pouring petrol on an already raging fire. But hey that's just my opinion

Edit...I have just remembered that when Kevin Keegan had a trial with Arsenal he was rejected and told that he would never make it in the game.

Oh and I sip my red pint from a red glass

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:21:05 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 11:19:27 am »
I think people just want instant success nowadays, and it aint gonna happen.
YNWA