Author Topic: The way Hodgson speaks of Liverpool in the press, a matter for concern?  (Read 33942 times)

Offline ScouseBrad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The way Hodgson speaks of Liverpool in the press, a matter for concern?
« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2010, 02:17:00 pm »
Why is the tit having a pop at Nando when his wingers Portugese wingers, among others are infamous for their DiCaprio esque performances?

Correct.... Nani is a fucking joke....

Offline Captain Haddock

• No New Posts. Ever.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2010, 02:19:02 pm »
Why isn't Hodgson coming out in defence of Torres? Clearly and penalty, clearly a foul for the freekick and Fergscum has the agll to try and label him a 'cheat'.

WTF is Hodgson doing? Defend your players man!!

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2010, 02:19:05 pm »
Sorry what? I think you need to be set staright on a few things, as i feel your memory is cheating on you.

rafas first game, we lost 2-1 and the only shots on target was an own goal for us and a 50 yard attempt by Alonso.

We lost 3-0 when Masch got sent off, but even before then we didnt threaten a great deal.

We lost 2-0 when Wes Brown scored and we were fricken awful in that game, never hardly had a shot on target.

The only game at OT apart from the 4-1 was when Ferdinand scored a last minute winner, we played well that day and lost 1-0. And those are just off teh top of my head.

I think theres a danger here that everyone simply assumes Rafas tenure was perfect, it was not. it was punctured with highs but loads of lows. Anyone remember Crystal palace away? Pompey away? Reading home? Arsenal away 3-0?

So lets keep perspective.

Sorry, not my memory but my ability to read carefully  :-\  "At OT" - D'OH!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2010, 02:22:22 pm »
Sorry, not my memory but my ability to read carefully  :-\  "At OT" - D'OH!

You take into consideration At Anfield and its slightly different. We beat them in the Cup 1-0, drew 0-0, and lost three times by 1-0, with two of those games being very unfortunate. Oh and the 2-0 and 2-1's :)
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline deester

• Main Stander
« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2010, 02:24:47 pm »
It's called micro analysis and we do it to the nth degree here on RAWK. Every tiny morsel is debated and scrutinised even though 98% of the time it's something completely irrelevant or insignificant. There are a lot of raging manic depressives on here who would still find something to grumble about even if Kenny Dalglish won a billion pounds on the euromillions, bought the club, built a 100,000 seater stadium, introduced £5 tickets for everyone, brought back Rafa and we won back to back premier league titles and completed a treble, beating United in the Champions League final 3-0 by way of a Lucas hattrick and Everton in the FA cup final by way of a Clive Thomas referreeing decision, all whilst playing like Brazil 1970.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2010, 02:27:15 pm »
Why isn't Hodgson coming out in defence of Torres? Clearly and penalty, clearly a foul for the freekick and Fergscum has the agll to try and label him a 'cheat'.

WTF is Hodgson doing? Defend your players man!!

This.

Even my bird found his media statement cringeworthy.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2010, 02:31:23 pm »
It's called micro analysis and we do it to the nth degree here on RAWK. Every tiny morsel is debated and scrutinised even though 98% of the time it's something completely irrelevant or insignificant. There are a lot of raging manic depressives on here who would still find something to grumble about even if Kenny Dalglish won a billion pounds on the euromillions, bought the club, built a 100,000 seater stadium, introduced £5 tickets for everyone, brought back Rafa and we won back to back premier league titles and completed a treble, beating United in the Champions League final 3-0 by way of a Lucas hattrick and Everton in the FA cup final by way of a Clive Thomas referreeing decision, all whilst playing like Brazil 1970.

I preferred the way the Dutch played in 1974.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #367 on: September 20, 2010, 02:34:03 pm »
Sure is a lot of Roy- bashing going on here lately. Wonder if it will ease off if we go on a 6 or 7 match unbeaten run. Probably not.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #368 on: September 20, 2010, 02:39:57 pm »
Apparently 60% of this forum.

Thats rubbish mate.

Noone actively wants Hodgson to fail. I certainly dont. At the moment im just looking for something from him to give me a reason to believe in him.

I do believe he's a good manager and he certainly carries himself in a dignified manner. I wont hide the fact though, that there are a number of things that have created a doubt in my mind as to whether he is the right man for our club though, whether that is things he has said or not said, or the way in which he has set us up to play (or not as the case may be).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:44:09 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #369 on: September 20, 2010, 02:41:03 pm »
Sure is a lot of Roy- bashing going on here lately. Wonder if it will ease off if we go on a 6 or 7 match unbeaten run. Probably not.

Absolutely not. Didn't you hear? He's not Rafa.
"I belong to a special club, I live with special people, this is a privilege, this is pure happiness." -Gerard Houllier

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,” - Rafa Benitez

Offline rafathegaffa

• Legacy Fan
  • Bang bang Rosie
    • A few songs...
« Reply #370 on: September 20, 2010, 02:42:04 pm »
Er, ahem... our current away record is 1 point from a possible 9. That's pretty much the Hodgson average. If you think we'll be going on a seven match unbeaten run, then I envy your optimism.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #371 on: September 20, 2010, 02:43:31 pm »
Absolutely not. Didn't you hear? He's not Rafa.

We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: September 20, 2010, 02:43:50 pm »
What I know is that if a manager doesn't stand up and fight for his club then its a safe bet the fans won't stand up and fight for the manager.
Good post.
Although you'll get people who'll take exception no matter what you do, hence the criticism Rafa took for going up against Ferguson and before that the owners.

Often mistaking silence with dignity and parading it as "The Liverpool Way."
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: September 20, 2010, 02:46:46 pm »
I won't slag our manager off, he's here and he's ours so we have to back him, i just still can't believe we let Rafa go, shithouse fans and a shithouse board saw to that tho.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: September 20, 2010, 02:47:48 pm »
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #376 on: September 20, 2010, 02:48:18 pm »
I think we can agree it wouldn't matter so much what he said to the press as long as he's winning games. He could tell the world he liked wearing ladies' underwear if we'd beaten the Mancs and I wouldn't have cared. As it stands we look dire, bereft of ideas and clueless on high balls so he's not doing himself any favours.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Fernando-Achilles-Torres

• Main Stander
« Reply #377 on: September 20, 2010, 03:46:46 pm »
Put simply I miss Rafa.

It does get to me though. I really got used to the Rafa way of doing things. He was like a poker play on the bench. Yes he didn’t go nuts when we scored, but nor did he pull his hair out when we lost a goal. Just stayed calm and thought about what he could do or say to change things.

We went one goal down yesterday, the camera went to the bench and Roy was sitting their rubbing his face and getting pissed about something. That really got to me.  I mean it just seemed so negative, we’re only one goal down and our keeper hasn’t even had to make a proper save. Go out into the technical area, calm the players down, let them know that you still have belief in them and tell them to get the ball to Torres more. The position plan has not worked, realise that and change it. Just tell Steven. Even a crap team can score against you from a corner. As a player, if I looked to the bench for some guidance a saw that form the manager, I would be demoralised. As a fan, let’s just say my language was colourful.

At 2-2, camera pans onto the ManU bench, tomato face is just chewing his gum like a mad man. His team have just lost a two goal advantage at home, there is not long to go. He’s pissed, you can tell, his players can tell, but he’s still calm. He’s thinking about what changes he can make. The change he makes contributes to them winning the match.

We take off Meireles, one of our best players in the second half, and Konchesky with 10 minutes to go for two more defensive minded players. You just knew we would lose it. Fair enough, if you are winning 0-1 and trying to preserve that lead, then bringing on a defensive player may be a good choice. If you’ve just got back into the game, you know they are going for the win so you can hit them on the counter, then why to it. The Konchesky sub I can understand because the boy was getting the run around from the first minute, but why take off one of you best player in position and one off you best passers with 10 minutes to go. Not to mention for a guy who just put his head down and runs.

Then there is the talking to the press. You’re Liverpool manager FFS. If you don’t piss some people off, you are not doing your job correctly. And I don’t mean just piss of the odd TV punter, I mean other managers. Whisky face, Mourinho, Wenger, Rafa. They don’t go around begging to be liked, sugar coating their words.
Whisky face must have been rubbing his hands together for this clash. He had our manager in his pocket. Backed Roy for league manager of the year, something that contributed to him getting the Liverpool position, along with having a pre match full of the words ‘good friend’. Didn’t even have say anything to get the upper hand, except maybe do one over the Liverpool players by sagging off Rafa, the persons who built the team you are about to play, bar a few players.

You’re so called friend then comes out after the match and pisses on you team to the press. ‘We should have scored 10’, ‘Torres is a cheat’, and ‘They needed dead ball situations’. To which Roy says nothing, like a good little friend should.

I still hope Roy does well though. However I refuse to believe the job is as difficult as is being made out. The team, with the additions that have been made over the summer, is not far from the title challenging team from a few seasons back. The first team is still very strong. Now I’m not saying that we should win the title, far from it. CL is our priority. However I do think that whoever the manager is, he should be optimistic at the start of the season. Don’t label your targets, bemoan that the team is not good enough to challenge, tell everyone that you have not assessed the team as you would have liked before the season and that it is far too big. Go about that business quietly. I refuse to believe it takes 4 months to access a team. The team is low in confidence after last season, that’s the biggest job on Roy’s hands. Sort that out and he is more than half way there.

It may have been time for Rafa to leave. But Chelsea has proved that a good manager can do well with good players. Massive changes are not needed. However if you start to lose the players then you might as well pack your bags and go home. If what Agger says it true, then it is really depressing because he is not utilising his strengths and losing him as a player. He is one of our best defenders, a centre half who can play good football. In a top team you have to fight for you team, i.e. back you players/team to the death and expect your players to do the same. If you don’t and the results are not going your way you will lose the supporters and players. Then we are really up shit creek.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: I don't like your attitude.
Vinny Gambini: So what else is new?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: I'm holding you in contempt of court.
Vinny Gambini: [to Bill] Now there's a fucking surprise.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: What did you say? What did you just say?
Vinny Gambini: Huh? What did I say?

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2010, 03:54:37 pm »
Forget Roy for a second, and let us just think of "The Manager" - whoever might have been appointed. They inherit a disillusioned, demoralised side that finished seventh and finished the campaign being unable to score aginst a dreadful Hull side. Yosser and Masch go, the owners pocket most of the proceeds and inferior replacements are all we can afford.Ther is no net transfer budget, and you will probably be replaced by new owners at some stage in the foreseeable future.

Not an easy scenario for ANY manager.

Don't you realise we should be steam rolling teams like Man Utd away, playing beautiful flowing football, and telling opposition managers to fuck off every other day?
Don't you realise we should be beating all in front of us (and we weren't remotely unlucky against Arsenal and were utterly dire after we came back from 2-0 down yesterday at the toilet)? That even though we ALL were a little underwhelmed when Roy came here, pretty much, that even though we are almost going under financially, that the manager who we all were a little bit underwhelmed by is now expected to challenge the big teams? And that he is appalling even though his only two losses in 10 games have come away to our biggest rivals and a side who spent about £150m more than us in the summer?

:P

Actually forget all that, doesn't anyone realise we are 3 points of 4th place?

Quite why people keep quoting us being 10 points off the top already I don't know? Did anyone expect us to be brilliant this season? Again, the expectation levels around here, given the situation we are in as a club, are ridiculous. Until we are sold, this is what we are. Sadly. God knows it's sad.

We finished 7th last year, and two of our best players left in the summer. We are still in dire straits financially. And people expect us, despite playing 3 out of the top 4 teams in the first 5 games, two AWAY, to be up there?

Rafa had to work under terrible conditions, hands tied. So is Hodgson. Why anyone expects him, while at the same time running him down, to be doing better than Rafa, is beyond me. If you don't rate him, why the end of the world prose when he doesn't get a result where Rafa couldn't get one either?

Surely anyone slating the manager from the moment he arrived expected this?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:56:27 pm by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2010, 03:59:20 pm »
Good post Paul JH.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #380 on: September 20, 2010, 04:03:56 pm »
Rafa had to work under terrible conditions, hands tied. So is Hodgson. Why anyone expects him, while at the same time running him down, to be doing better than Rafa, is beyond me.

Then why exactly did we change manager if it wasnt to attempt to improve on a 7th place last season that was deemed a disaster?

And for the record, I do agree with a lot of what you've said regarding the difficult fixtures weve had to start the season. However, like has been said many times already, its not so much the results but the performances and attitude that has created the doubt about Hodgson.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:05:55 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: September 20, 2010, 04:08:36 pm »

Aren't we three points off the relegation zone as well?
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #382 on: September 20, 2010, 04:10:53 pm »

To be fair we are also only one point outside the relegation positions.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: September 20, 2010, 04:11:17 pm »
Then why exactly did we change manager if it wasnt to attempt to improve on a 7th place last season that was deemed a disaster?

And for the record, I do agree with a lot of what you've said regarding the difficult fixtures weve had to start the season. However, like has been said many times already, its not so much the results but the performances and attitude that has created the doubt about Hodgson.

I don't think anyone on here would've replaced Rafa with Hodgson at the end of last season. He's been made manager though so I think we should give him time.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #384 on: September 20, 2010, 04:11:35 pm »
Aren't we three points off the relegation zone as well?

always look on the bright side.. :P
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 20, 2010, 04:12:18 pm »

Rafa went because presumably Purslow and Hicks and Gillett had had enough of him. I don't think he went for football reasons. Most fans, even the discontented ones were expecting Rafa to stay. I know I was.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: September 20, 2010, 04:15:04 pm »
always look on the bright side.. :P

My apologies, it's one point. Which is why this particular argument is pointless. It would be significant if we'd played 37 games and still within 3 points of 4th, but that's not the case.

Which is why I've been looking at the football and the tactics, which have been distinctly underwhelming. And in the case of not playing Agger, positively infuriating.

Cue protests about how if Hodgson believes Agger should be on the bench, then that's the best position for him.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline thedonone

• Main Stander
« Reply #387 on: September 20, 2010, 04:17:05 pm »
I think we have replaced a thorough bred of a manager with a donkey. Rafa at Inter will easily win serie A and will then be seen as the folly it was to let him go.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #388 on: September 20, 2010, 04:18:35 pm »
People need to get off the Rafa wagon, its not about Rafa, its not about people missing him or comparing Roy to him. Its about the job as Liverpool manager, the only way Rafa gets compared is that Rafa knew right from the off how to behave like a Liverpool manager, Houllier knew how to behave like a Liverpool manager. Its like any other club that has a strong identity like ours, Ferguson behaves like a Man u manager, Moyes behaves like a Bitter manager, the way Roy has been coming across is like a Fulham manager, this is the problem.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: September 20, 2010, 04:20:50 pm »
My apologies, it's one point. Which is why this particular argument is pointless. It would be significant if we'd played 37 games and still within 3 points of 4th, but that's not the case.

Which is why I've been looking at the football and the tactics, which have been distinctly underwhelming. And in the case of not playing Agger, positively infuriating.

Cue protests about how if Hodgson believes Agger should be on the bench, then that's the best position for him.

Our problems are also at the other end.

Newcastle/Blackpool/West Brom have all scored more goals than us so far this season. I know Rafa had a bad year last year but that lot were in the fucking championship.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: September 20, 2010, 04:29:40 pm »
Rafa had to work under terrible conditions, hands tied. So is Hodgson. Why anyone expects him, while at the same time running him down, to be doing better than Rafa, is beyond me. If you don't rate him, why the end of the world prose when he doesn't get a result where Rafa couldn't get one either?

Surely anyone slating the manager from the moment he arrived expected this?
Agreed. And for those of us who wanted Rafa to stay and still have hopes for us under Hodgson that is valid reasoning. But then there are some who use the flip side and say that because Rafa got the sack for 'failing to achieve on the pitch', Hodgson giving similar results is a similar failure. Which is just taking out board frustration on the manager, as if Hodgson helped push Rafa.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: September 20, 2010, 04:31:09 pm »
I think people are getting valid concerns mixed up with mindless criticism of the manager.

We've had 10 competitive games under Roy now and their are a number of areas that I'm concerned about with his conduct in the media being one of them, although he's made the switch from Fulham he doesn't seem to have adjusted his mindset to that of a club that expects more. Some of the post match comments he's made in the media are worrying to me because for the most part he seems content with the performances we've produced so far when in my opinion we seem disjointed and void of a game plan.

Of course his demeanor behind closed doors could be completely different but I'm worried that his public demeanor could rub off on the players and what culminated with widespread disappointment at the end of last season due to finishing 7th could be seen as not so bad by the players at the end of this season. Mentality accounts for a large part of being successful and I'm concerned the attitude instilled by the previous manager of constantly striving to be better could gradually disappear to be replaced by an air of content.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: September 20, 2010, 04:33:05 pm »
Who gives a fuck what he says, he's not hired to be a public speaker, he's hired to rub his head and let Carragher pick the side, so let him get on with it.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #393 on: September 20, 2010, 04:41:16 pm »
People need to get off the Rafa wagon, its not about Rafa, its not about people missing him or comparing Roy to him. Its about the job as Liverpool manager, the only way Rafa gets compared is that Rafa knew right from the off how to behave like a Liverpool manager, Houllier knew how to behave like a Liverpool manager. Its like any other club that has a strong identity like ours, Ferguson behaves like a Man u manager, Moyes behaves like a Bitter manager, the way Roy has been coming across is like a Fulham manager, this is the problem.

got to agree. he seems to lack a certain gravitas. not condeming him straight away as it's still early days, but I must admit I'm concerned that Roy has bitten off more than he can chew. Not his fault of course, he would have been stupid to turn down the chance to manage a club the size of Liverpool. If (and it is still 'if') Hodgson's appointment doesn't work out, then I will blame the board, not Roy.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: September 20, 2010, 04:41:40 pm »
Who gives a fuck what he says, he's not hired to be a public speaker, he's hired to rub his head and let Carragher pick the side, so let him get on with it.

:)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #395 on: September 20, 2010, 04:45:33 pm »
You're going to get yourself into a lot of trouble there dear Dr.
Up before the GMC for malpractice I reckon ;)
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: September 20, 2010, 04:52:30 pm »

I doubt it as most of the piss mongers first memories of the club probably revolve around them getting their first solid feed when Souness or Roy 1 was in charge. Twenty years without a title to them basically breaks down to 15 years of holding their mothers apron and the last 5 thinking a 10 minute romp in the back of the cinema is a score. Its not their fault that our standards are so up & down lately where one year a title charge is the goal and the next promises for 4th spot is suppose to keep our fires burning. There is fans here who remember the bleak late 40s & 50s who actually built the traditions here who must be fuming at the lack of respect for the current boss. I am a fecking toddler compare to those lads but at least I try & handle myself here as I would out on the streets as I love to see the gimps who hide in their cubicle remark in the same manner in front of the boss as they do here. The problem is their main worries still probably relate to having 40 quid in their pocket for a few beers on a Friday so off with them as whether they are 20 or 40, many of the posters lately here are showing their asses on a daily basis as they throw their crap at manager & players (that’s going to help us ??) but thankfully are slowly but surely getting muted.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: September 20, 2010, 04:59:13 pm »
Put simply I miss Rafa.

You can follow Inter simply put .Sorry harsh comment from me and nothing personal but sick of hearing that.Rafa has left so we need to give the current manager some support (not you personally but all of us).. Rafa is gone part of history like other managers. The club stays the same.  :lickin

It does get to me though. I really got used to the Rafa way of doing things. He was like a poker play on the bench. Yes he didn’t go nuts when we scored, but nor did he pull his hair out when we lost a goal. Just stayed calm and thought about what he could do or say to change things.

We went one goal down yesterday, the camera went to the bench and Roy was sitting their rubbing his face and getting pissed about something. That really got to me.  I mean it just seemed so negative, we’re only one goal down and our keeper hasn’t even had to make a proper save. Go out into the technical area, calm the players down, let them know that you still have belief in them and tell them to get the ball to Torres more. The position plan has not worked, realise that and change it. Just tell Steven. Even a crap team can score against you from a corner. As a player, if I looked to the bench for some guidance a saw that form the manager, I would be demoralised. As a fan, let’s just say my language was colourful.

So you want to clone Roy to be Rafa.  I personally didnt like the whole I am too cool attitude and never show any emotions approach. I like my manager to display human touch ! I like him to be angry , emotional and caring about the result. We all have different opinions of course.

At 2-2, camera pans onto the ManU bench, tomato face is just chewing his gum like a mad man. His team have just lost a two goal advantage at home, there is not long to go. He’s pissed, you can tell, his players can tell, but he’s still calm. He’s thinking about what changes he can make. The change he makes contributes to them winning the match.

So what did Roy do differently?  If you saw the game Fergie was going up and down the lines abusing the officials. Did you see that? Class right? 

We take off Meireles, one of our best players in the second half, and Konchesky with 10 minutes to go for two more defensive minded players. You just knew we would lose it.

Did you realise that Meireles was a bit tired and Konchesky did have a small injury last week? So he didnt take our Maxi and brought in Ngo?! So he replaced an midfielder for a striker?!

Then there is the talking to the press.

That is the only point I half agree with you.. He should have defended the team a bit more.

Question:

If the game has finished 2 - 2 would you feel much much better?

PS. I am not having a go at you so please dont take me wrong.. The whole I miss Rafa comment was childish ..

The past was amazing the future looks scary...

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: September 20, 2010, 05:00:21 pm »

;D Surely Gerrard helps out with a name or two.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: September 20, 2010, 05:02:23 pm »
Agger's comments. Shouldn't be saying this, but all 100 per cent true

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1210783-daniel-agger-refuses-to-adapt-to-new-liverpool-fc-style.html

Oh, dear. Did he really say that? Not sure how wise that is at this stage.

For the record, I agree with Agger. I think it's crucial that CBs become more like CMs. They need to be able to play the ball. I want the likes of Agger to take the ball forward himself now and then. IMO, that's the future. Makes us less predictable.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez